GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Dec 2018, 04:09

R1 Decisions:

Michigan Ross Chat (US calls are expected today)  |  UCLA Anderson Chat  (Calls expected to start at 7am PST; Applicants from Asia will hear first)


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
2526272829301
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
303112345
Open Detailed Calendar
  • MBA Admissions Consulting: Five-Day Special for Hourly Services

     December 17, 2018

     December 17, 2018

     09:00 PM PST

     10:00 PM PST

    There’s still time to enhance your resume, essays, and applications! Avanti Prep is offering Hourly Services for a flat rate of $175 per hour (no minimum) – a significantly below-market offer for one of the most well-regarded services available.
  • R1 Admission Decisions: Estimated Decision Timelines and Chat Links for Major BSchools

     December 17, 2018

     December 17, 2018

     10:00 PM PST

     11:00 PM PST

    From Dec 5th onward, American programs will start releasing R1 decisions. Chat Rooms: We have also assigned chat rooms for every school so that applicants can stay in touch and exchange information/update during decision period.

Too early to negotiate scholarship offers?

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Mar 2014
Posts: 45
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GRE 1: Q166 V166
GPA: 3.54
Too early to negotiate scholarship offers?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2017, 09:21
Hey guys, I got into McCombs with 35k and USC with 85k in scholarship. My post-MBA goal is to be a PM in tech so both schools are somewhat a fit (Mccombs even more so). Right now I am inclined to go to McCombs, but it would be great if I could have them match USC, even though they are a tad bit higher in the ranking.

How do I negotiate scholarship? End goal would either be that USC gives me a full scholarship or McCombs a half scholarship (McCombs full would be beyond great, but I doubt I can pull that off).
Also, is it too early to negotiate? Should I wait after New Years to start the negotiation?

Edit 1: Should I initiate the negotiation via email or a phone call?

Edit 2: Long term I want to stay in the west coast, specifically work in Sillicon Valley as a PM for a FAANG company. I wouldn't mind working out of CA for a few years to gain experience to be able to break into the Valley, but long term goal is CA. Is USC or McCombs better in this regard?
_________________

Using Tapatalk

MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 5897
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Too early to negotiate scholarship offers?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2017, 19:24
MbaConfucius wrote:
Hey guys, I got into McCombs with 35k and USC with 85k in scholarship. My post-MBA goal is to be a PM in tech so both schools are somewhat a fit (Mccombs even more so). Right now I am inclined to go to McCombs, but it would be great if I could have them match USC, even though they are a tad bit higher in the ranking.

How do I negotiate scholarship? End goal would either be that USC gives me a full scholarship or McCombs a half scholarship (McCombs full would be beyond great, but I doubt I can pull that off).
Also, is it too early to negotiate? Should I wait after New Years to start the negotiation?

Edit 1: Should I initiate the negotiation via email or a phone call?

Edit 2: Long term I want to stay in the west coast, specifically work in Sillicon Valley as a PM for a FAANG company. I wouldn't mind working out of CA for a few years to gain experience to be able to break into the Valley, but long term goal is CA. Is USC or McCombs better in this regard?


May this post will answer some of your questions https://gmatclub.com/forum/negotiating- ... l#p1824902
Good luck!
_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Dec 2015
Posts: 30
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GMAT 2: 620 Q45 V30
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Re: Too early to negotiate scholarship offers?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2018, 16:11
MbaConfucius wrote:
Hey guys, I got into McCombs with 35k and USC with 85k in scholarship. My post-MBA goal is to be a PM in tech so both schools are somewhat a fit (Mccombs even more so). Right now I am inclined to go to McCombs, but it would be great if I could have them match USC, even though they are a tad bit higher in the ranking.

How do I negotiate scholarship? End goal would either be that USC gives me a full scholarship or McCombs a half scholarship (McCombs full would be beyond great, but I doubt I can pull that off).
Also, is it too early to negotiate? Should I wait after New Years to start the negotiation?

Edit 1: Should I initiate the negotiation via email or a phone call?

Edit 2: Long term I want to stay in the west coast, specifically work in Sillicon Valley as a PM for a FAANG company. I wouldn't mind working out of CA for a few years to gain experience to be able to break into the Valley, but long term goal is CA. Is USC or McCombs better in this regard?


Hi MbaConfucius!

Wondering which school you ended up choosing. I applied to schools in R2 and imagine that I might be in the same boat with McCombs vs Marshall. I already received admission to USC with a sizable scholarship, and I am thinking about requesting them for more. I live in San Francisco, and want to move back to SF post-MBA. I also applied to Haas part-time but I'm not sure how that will turn out with all the uncertainty looming around EAD for H4.

Thanks,
Swapna
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Too early to negotiate scholarship offers? &nbs [#permalink] 25 Feb 2018, 16:11
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Too early to negotiate scholarship offers?

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.