It is currently 27 Jun 2017, 14:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UNIQUE DILEMMA?? SHOULD I SEND IN NEW SCORE GMAT!?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
UNIQUE DILEMMA?? SHOULD I SEND IN NEW SCORE GMAT!? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2017, 11:23
I have a dilemma I’m trying to work through regarding the submission of a new GMAT score.
I have applied (in round 2) to NYU, Cornell, UVA, Yale, Georgetown.

My profile is 3.7 top 25 university
Strong work experience, strong recs
Weak background in quant (Philosophy Major)
Under represented minority

Original score Q44 (54%) V38(85%) 680 (84%) AWA 6.0 (90%) IR 2 13%

The new score went up significantly on Verbal and IR but down significantly on Quant.
Would it still be worth sending this in?

New score Q31 (21%) V44(98%) IR 5 (54%) 620 (66%)
Expert Post
Vantage Point Admissions Consultant
S
Schools: CBS '13 (A)
Re: UNIQUE DILEMMA?? SHOULD I SEND IN NEW SCORE GMAT!? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 11:19
Hi there,

No, I would advise against submitting the new score for a couple of reasons. a) The schools will be looking to your quant score for comfort that you can handle the quantitative rigor of the MBA curriculum, particularly in light on your qualitative/humanities background. While a 44 isn't knocking it out of the park, a 31 is significantly worse (as you know). b) The overall score went down by 60 points, which is material. A 620 is going to be a cause for concern for any of the schools you applied to.

I'm glad you asked and confirmed but I don't think this new score will strengthen your application, unfortunately. Best of luck to you!

Kindly,
Melody

Vantage Point MBA Admissions Consulting
http://www.vantagepointadmissions.com
MBA Admissions Consulting: Reimagined
Contact us for a Free Consultation!

Re: UNIQUE DILEMMA?? SHOULD I SEND IN NEW SCORE GMAT!?   [#permalink] 16 Feb 2017, 11:19