GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2019, 14:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Which Schools Should I Apply to for MSF 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Which Schools Should I Apply to for MSF 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2019, 23:17
Hi,

I recently graduated from UCLA with a 3.4 GPA in Global studies (Economic and Political Globalization), I have an A in accounting and Econ classes. I graduated with departmental honors and a 3.75 Major GPA, and an award for outstanding senior thesis from my graduating class.
I aim to score higher than a 700 on the GMAT, hopefully 720+
My work experience: I currently work at PricewaterhouseCoopers Hong Kong, in the financial services sector, assurance and consulting - have solid recs, been working for 9 months
Relevant internship experience in retail and consulting - Coca Cola inc, luxury fashion brands.
Interested in pursuing I an MSF for 2020, so that gives me enough time to study for the GMAT and work more.
I am from India, studied liberal arts but then pursued finance basically from scratch in HK with my current job

Ideally I'm looking to apply to the states so I get the STEM visa, but open to Europe as well. Any advice is appreciated!
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
V
Concentration: Finance
Which Schools Should I Apply to for MSF 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2019, 03:29
mehrsingh96 wrote:
Hi,

I recently graduated from UCLA with a 3.4 GPA in Global studies (Economic and Political Globalization), I have an A in accounting and Econ classes. I graduated with departmental honors and a 3.75 Major GPA, and an award for outstanding senior thesis from my graduating class.
My work experience: I currently work at PricewaterhouseCoopers Hong Kong, in the financial services sector, assurance and consulting - have solid recs, been working for 9 months
Relevant internship experience in retail and consulting - Coca Cola inc, luxury fashion brands.
Interested in pursuing I an MSF for 2020, so that gives me enough time to study for the GMAT and work more.
I am from India, studied liberal arts but then pursued finance basically from scratch in HK with my current job

Ideally I'm looking to apply to the states so I get the STEM visa, but open to Europe as well. Any advice is appreciated!

Hello mehrsingh96

Congratulations on graduation from UCLA and on your GPA.

Here I am going to present you with best MSF/MSFE programs in US and Europe :

US:

University of California, Berkeley
Financial Engineering

Carnegie Mellon University
Computational Finance

Princeton University
Master in Finance

Baruch College, City University of New York
Financial Engineering

Columbia University
Financial Engineering

New York University
Mathematics in Finance

Cornell University
MEng, FE concentration

Columbia University
Mathematics of Finance

Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Master of Finance

NYU Tandon School of Engineering
Financial Engineering

University of California, Los Angeles
Financial Engineering

Europe:

London Business School
MSc in Finance

London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
MSc Finance

HEC Paris
Master in International Finance

The University of Oxford Saïd Business School
MSc in Financial Economics

The University of Cambridge Judge Business School
Master of Finance

University of St.Gallen
Banking and Finance (MBF)

ESADE Business School
MSc in Finance

ESSEC Business School
Master in Finance

IE Business School
Master in Finance
Master in Advanced Finance

Imperial College Business School
MSc Finance
MSc Investment & Wealth Management
MSc Risk Management & Financial Engineering

The Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU)
MSc Quantitative Finance

EDHEC
MSc in Corporate Finance & Banking

University of Belgrade, Faculty of Economics
The International Masters in Quantitative Finance IMQF, a one-year master program in advanced finance

The curriculum incorporates more than 80 per cent of the CBOK Body of Knowledge required by the CFA Institute for candidates taking the CFA exams (Levels I to III). In addition, program provides thorough preparation for the globally recognized risk management certification exams PRM and FRM .

http://w3.ekof.bg.ac.rs/imqf/

Good Luck on becoming a Quant :geek: :cool:
V
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Which Schools Should I Apply to for MSF 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2019, 11:32
billionaire wrote:
mehrsingh96 wrote:
Hi,

US:

University of California, Berkeley
Financial Engineering

Carnegie Mellon University
Computational Finance

Princeton University
Master in Finance

Baruch College, City University of New York
Financial Engineering

Columbia University
Financial Engineering

New York University
Mathematics in Finance

Cornell University
MEng, FE concentration

Columbia University
Mathematics of Finance

Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Master of Finance

NYU Tandon School of Engineering
Financial Engineering

University of California, Los Angeles
Financial Engineering

billionaire
Thank you so much for this part...I'm also looking for this one.

Do you need official questions for Quant?
3700 Unique Official GMAT Quant Questions
------
SEARCH FOR ALL TAGS
GMAT Club Tests
MiM-Essay Representative
G
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 23:51
Hey Mehr,

So you have decent profile for applying to top programs both in US and Europe. Most of the universities in the US offering MS in Financial Engineering/Financial Mathematics are STEM degrees. However there are a few Masters of Finance courses that you can explore that are also STEM programs.

(1)MIT Sloan - MFIN

(2)Washington University at St Louis - MSF-Q

(3)Sacred Heart University - MS in Finance & Investment management

(4)Fordham University - MS in Global Finance

(5)University of Denver - MS in Applied Quantitative Finance

(6)University of Denver - MS in Applied Quantitative Finance

(7)Fairfield University - MS in Finance

(8)University of Connecticut - MSFRM

All of these schools offer an average salary of 86,000$ post graduation and companies such as Bain & Company, Deloitte Consulting, Goldman Sachs Group, JPMorgan Chase & Co., McKinsey & Company, etc are some of the top recruiters from these US schools. More ever, companies in US are more likely to hire applicants from US universities over European universities. So you’ll have to keep that in mind while choosing between going for US or Europe
Having said that, if you want to explore schools in Europe, stick to immigration friendly countries such as France, Germany, Netherlands etc. so that you gain relevant work experience from the particular country.
Some top Masters in Finance that you explore in Europe would be :
London Business School - MSF
HEC Paris - Masters in International Finance
LSE - MSF
ESADE - MSF
ESSEC - MSF
ESCP Europe - MSF
Emylon - MSF
You can also check out our Msc in Finance Blog for more information about the degree. Here's the link : https://www.mim-essay.com/masters-finan ... y-editing/

Hope this helped!

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

92% Success Rate| 1200+ Admits in Top Schools| 1.8 Million Euros in Scholarships

Want to 2X your chances of selection? Book a consulting call here: http://info.mim-essay.com/book-a-call-today
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 02:48
In the US, most programs are STEM. WUSTL MSF(Q) is STEM, Vanderbilt is STEM, UT Austin is now STEM. USC is also STEM.

These are the programs you'd want to apply to. Considering that you went to UCLA, you might want to look at USC. You'd have two amazing California schools on your resume, with tons of alumni in the area to network with. Both have great on campus recruiting for you to take advantage of as well. Both are internationally recognized and known.
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2019, 11:16
Please do not just list every European School you know without knowing rhe Admission Requirements...

You have to have a 3.5 GPA for LSE Finance so you will have just minor Chances of Acceptance asuming a 720 Gmat (probably non)
HEC int Finance might be also hard for you to come in ...
Same Applies to MIT,Oxford,Cambridge

But you are a rock solid Candidate at every other Business School that is listed.

In your shoes I would choose between St Gallen MBF, Bocconi Finance and SSE Finance

Sent from my SM-G950F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Which Schools Should I Apply to for MSF 2020   [#permalink] 01 Mar 2019, 11:16

Which Schools Should I Apply to for MSF 2020

new topic post reply Update application status