Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 21:53 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 21:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 656 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 6049 [1]
Given Kudos: 543
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4325 [1]
Given Kudos: 197
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
Send PM
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink]
Kudos
hi,

can anyone tell me how one should rate the free test provided by Princeton review or Kaplan..are the at per with the original GMAT test or they are way below them?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Hello GMAT Club!
So, I've finally started with my GMAT prep.

As advised by many, I would like to start off with a diagnostic CAT.
What's the best test to be diagnosed on?
(I have GMAT Prep, Manhattan Tests and the other free ones.)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4325 [1]
Given Kudos: 197
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kudos
fozzzy wrote:
I scored V24 the other day on a GMAT club test any feedback on what's the difficulty level of these tests compared with other prep tests?

how much are you scoring in other mocks...can you share
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V36
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

Im in Sydney (Australia) - finding it quiet difficult to get practice tests or preparation books, apart from the ones on Amazon Kindle version.

GMAT is booked for 19th August, so cant wait for Amazon to post the stuff to me - will probably get here after the exam :roll:

Ive been told to take LOTS of practice tests - but Im struggling to get my hands on them - so far Ive only got the GMAC prep software 2 free ones.

Whats the difference between these two from Manhattan please -
Online Computer Adaptive Practice Exams - 1 Year Access
Online Practice CAT Exams & Question Banks

And Ive also been suggested the Kaplan 800 - except I cant find the darn thing anywhere - the latest one I can find is from 2010 - and that too not available in less than a month! Any ideas?

Any suggestions whats my best guess for getting the maximum amount of practice tests? Ive been through the official book and marked my answers all over it, so thats out.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: ISB '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
Kudos
Just gave an MGMAT CAT (my first) and shocked to see the result. 650 with quant 45 and verbal 33. Got 710 in GMAT prep with verbal 40. May be because of the format of the questions or something else I don't know but one thing is pretty clear. MGMAT instructors deliberately add in details to questions which make no proper sense just to complicate the question. Quant is definitely not an indicator but if you can do well on these tests, it's a good sign.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 431 [1]
Given Kudos: 131
Send PM
Kudos
MGMAT 1 600
MGMAT 2 580
Kaplan 1 600

I am maintaining an error log but not putting it to use i guess :( need to reach 700 mark soon. Kaplans RC are much tougher than all RC i have seen so far.

My strategy to not get demotivated after these tests is to read gmat club members gmat experiences. My gmat date is close 12th oct. need to reach 700+ for 3 test atleast before i give gmat.

Back to the topic, i think MGMAT is better than kaplan , and honestly u should just buy Mgmat Sc guide and kaplan premier to get your hands on 11 tests + 2 gmat prep test, 13 is a very unlucky but decent number ;)

Cheers

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
How do i get the 4 tests for 30$ with kaplan.
I looked at kaplan website and could not find the link.
can someone please provide the link/guide me?
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 645 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
nksbits wrote:
How do i get the 4 tests for 30$ with kaplan.
I looked at kaplan website and could not find the link.
can someone please provide the link/guide me?

Hi nksbits,

The tests are included with the Kaplan GMAT Premier book, which is available through online retailers and at bookstores everywhere!

Hope this helps,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hi to all club members... I would be writing my GMAT on Sep 19th and not much of a time left as such.. I gave my first ever MGMAT mock and scored 660 (47,34) though I believe I can surely improve on them given it was my first ever mock and there were butterflies .. My questions are as follows and would be great if i find some help in these regards..

1: I have planned to get more question practice from Verbal review, manhattan advanced quant and CR 700-800 question sets (which i found here in gmat club).. Would this be sufficient (guess a bit too many but i will be on leave for 2 weeks and planning to get the best out of it..)??

2: Presently I have 5 MGMAT CATS and 2 gmatprep tests left with me which I am planning to attempt only after some practice from other prep sites like kaplan, veritas etc.. sectional tests of good quality would do as well.. My question is given my requirement which tests should i go for which would help me get some test practice, after which I would attempt the MGMAT CATS and GMATPREP religiously???

3: I also could get hold of some sectional tests of 800score.. how are they to practice and get your timing strategies right???

Thanks lot in advance!!!!

Originally posted by brethart999 on 07 Aug 2013, 00:51.
Last edited by brethart999 on 23 Aug 2013, 08:03, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1217 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
I just got the Kaplan GMAT Premier 2014, and I got access to 5 online Kaplan CAT exams. I would like to know how are these exams w.r.t MGMAT and GMAT Prep. I have given the GMAT before and I am confident that MGMAT's scoring is quite close to that of the real GMAT. I've read a few posts on Kaplan 5 CATs, but couldn't really make something out of it.

My questions are:

1. How good is the scoring system?
2. How good are the questions? (compared to MGMAT and GMAT Prep)
3. Should I consider those tests seriously or are they like tests from Princeton Review where you just can't learn anything from it?

Finally, in case if there is a negative for all three questions, can I at least use it to practice my time management?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
How good are the practice tests from 800.com?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72916 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
gmatter0913 wrote:
I just got the Kaplan GMAT Premier 2014, and I got access to 5 online Kaplan CAT exams. I would like to know how are these exams w.r.t MGMAT and GMAT Prep. I have given the GMAT before and I am confident that MGMAT's scoring is quite close to that of the real GMAT. I've read a few posts on Kaplan 5 CATs, but couldn't really make something out of it.

My questions are:

1. How good is the scoring system?
2. How good are the questions? (compared to MGMAT and GMAT Prep)
3. Should I consider those tests seriously or are they like tests from Princeton Review where you just can't learn anything from it?

Finally, in case if there is a negative for all three questions, can I at least use it to practice my time management?

I think the questions are fine and the test results have been more in line with the official GMAT prep though we have been getting reports that even the GMAT prep is now giving quite a variance.

You can use these :-)

They are not as good as the official questions though since nothing is but you will learn. I did. I used just the Kaplan books and that's really it.

Posted from my mobile device.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72916 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
nksbits wrote:
How good are the practice tests from 800.com?

I think they would be fifth in line after GMAT Prep, MGMAT, Kaplan, Veritas
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
https://gmat.hult.edu/
This is a free GMAT test by Hult International Business School.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT Date: 09-20-2013
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hey everyone !

Any feedback on the VeritasPrep free CAT (difficult/accuracy) ?

I just took it and scored 710 (Q47, V40).

My last score was a Princeton Review 650 (Q40, V39) so it seems like a big leap to me, eventhough I have been studying/practicing my Quant.

Thanks for the answers ! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi All,
I took my GMAT last month and scored a 650 :( . However, in all my practice tests which included GMAT prep,Manhattan GMAT and Kaplan i was scoring in the range of ~680 - 710. Now, I am taking the GMAT again in a month and i am not sure what tests to take.
Here are my queries -

- I am done with the 6 Kaplan tests (from Premier 2013). Should i buy the 2014 Premier book and will those 6 test that it comes with be any different from 2013.
- I have re-taken all the 6 Manhattan tests already (scoring well above 700) - but i have seen a lot of repeats so the scores don't really count.
- I am planning to save the best for the last (GMAT prep). Although, i do believe that there will be repeat questions there too. Any tips?
- Should i invest in 800 score (5 tests) ? Any suggestions here ?
- What about 5 tests ($40) from Manhattan review (not Manhattan GMAT) ? Any suggestions on this ?

Is there any other prep or test out there that you think can help me beat the GMAT in a month ? I am really hoping to break the 700 barrier. I was well prepared the first time but very disappointed with the 650.

Appreciate your inputs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
What would be the best (closest to official or official source) CAT test to take for ONLY a Quant score?

I want to save as many full length CATS for a couple weeks from now when I'm ready on verbal as well (OG, MGMAT, GMATClub). In the meantime...I'd like to get a feel for where I am in in Quant. I have taken the OG Diagnostic (didn't find it particularly useful) and 1 GMATClub Q CAT (Found it might be a bit on the more difficult side of grading).

Any suggestions or should I just burn an OG CAT and skip the verbal?

Thanks,
Omni
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  28