It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 20:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Applicant Blogs: The Best of GMAT Prep Blogs

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

MBA Blogger
B

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 59

Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: NTU '19
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Re: Applicant Blogs: The Best of GMAT Prep Blogs [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2014, 23:01
This post was
BOOKMARKED
FROM GMAT Pro: Another Test Fire
Today I took another GMATPREP test and scored 690 (Breakup: IR 5, Q 49, V 35). Another failed attempt to touch 700. By the time I finished my Quant section, I thought I would be touching 700 today, but as Verbal part initiated throwing confusing options, my confidence went from ups and downs and I ended … Continue reading →Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

KUDOS please!! If it helped. :)
Warm Regards.
Visit My Blog

MBA Blogger
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2014, 03:01
FROM GMAT Pro: Another Test Fire And School List Review
Today I took another GMATPREP test and scored 690 (Breakup: IR 5, Q 49, V 35). Another failed attempt to touch 700. By the time I finished my Quant section, I thought I would be touching 700 today, but as Verbal part initiated throwing confusing options, my confidence went from ups and downs and I ended … Continue reading →Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

Warm Regards.
Visit My Blog

MBA Blogger
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2014, 10:01
FROM GMAT Pro: In search of 7_0
Finally, a score that I would like to see on the GMAT. 720!! Split 49, 40!! 9 wrong in quant and 8 in verbal. Though the score is good, the matter of concern is only RC. Out of 8 wrongs, 6 were from RC. Surprisingly, no wrong from SC. I was not feeling out of time in … Continue reading →Image

Warm Regards.
Visit My Blog

MBA Blogger
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2014, 09:01
FROM GMAT Pro: They won it!
Its been a busy month for all, since few of my friends got admitted who were waiting eagerly for the admissions decision and few are still fighting for the gmat (this group includes me as well). Congratulations to Vandana, NaijaMBAgal, TopDogMBA, GrantMeAdmission, under prescription and others (sorry, if I missed someone. Please make your presence … Continue reading →Image

Warm Regards.
Visit My Blog

MBA Blogger
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2014, 11:00
FROM GMAT Pro: Christmas Wishes
:) :) My special wishes to you and to all those who are close to you. May you have a Christmas that is more special than it has ever been. :) !Quick Update: Took another prep test and scored 730 (50, 38). Still 4 wrong in RC. :/Filed under: General Post Tagged: exam, GMAT, GMATPrep, … Continue reading →Image

Warm Regards.
Visit My Blog

MBA Blogger
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2015, 09:01
FROM GMAT Pro: Happy New Year 2015!!
:) First and foremost New Year resolution: Conquer the GMAT! ;) May this new year brings charm, love, luck and happiness to your life. Happy New Year 2015!   #HappyNewYear #2015 #happiness #success #love #care & #gmat :D — ProGMAT (@preparationtime) January 1, 2015Filed under: General Post Tagged: 2015, GMAT, Happy New Year, love, luck, … Continue reading →Image

Warm Regards.
Visit My Blog

MBA Blogger
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2015, 06:01
FROM GMAT Pro: What to accomplish in 2015
So we are already a week ahead of our New Year eve. I am seeing a very few blogs from my friends who got admitted in Round 1, I think they are still in Hangover!! Well, it is the time to be in hangover, but for how long? You people need to start packing soon. :P First, all … Continue reading →Image

Warm Regards.
Visit My Blog

MBA Blogger

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 38

Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT Date: 08-09-2014

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2015, 17:00
FROM Texas Wanna Be Cali: GMAT Study Schedule Breakdown

It’s officially August!! This year man… literally FLYING by!

I have decided to share my “Less than a month til the GMAT” prep schedule. Feel free to use what I’m doing as a guide for those of you with test dates coming up or even critique what I have planned and let me know what you think worked and didn’t work for you. I’m a first timer so I’m open to any and all suggestions.

I have plenty of practice tests at my disposal and I plan on using them. I have 2 mock exams that I will only practice the verbal section: a) to work on timing, b) assess my weaknesses, c) accomplish both of these without having to sit for the whole exam

My weekends will mainly be focused on practicing quant problems and intensely reviewing my trouble areas. The amount of time on weekdays after work just isn’t adequate enough for me to fully invest in correcting my weaknesses, so these next few weekends are critical.

The week of August 4th will be devoted to not just practicing a section per day, but also working on my timing. I will be following the Manhattan GMAT’s time management chart, keeping track of whether I: a) got the question right and in the recommended time frame b) got the question right but over time c) got the question wrong but didn’t waste much time doing so d) got the question wrong and spent too much time trying to figure it out. Obviously I’m aiming for mostly A’s and C’s

The week of August 11th I want to use my evenings reviewing strategies for each section. There are numerous sites that offer tips and review strategies so I’m sure I’ll find plenty to occupy me for hours each day. I feel like I started this process so long ago that the little things I made mental notes about or even jotted down, have slipped my mind so this will be a good refresher week.

I will start reviewing the Integrated Reasoning and the Essay sections of the test the Saturday before the exam. Thanks to all you for your comments on my previous post asking about when I should start this.

Everyday I plan on looking over flashcards whether its at breakfast or while I’m on the stairmaster and doing the GMAT Club Question of the Day, just to keep my brain stimulated.

I’ve taken a lot of you guys’ advice and decided to take off the Wednesday before the test (instead of that Friday) to do my last practice test. I am a perfectionist and kind of insane at times, so I know if I took a practice test the day before the exam and didn’t score as high as I would like, I would FREAK OUT. I will still be in study mode on Thursday and Friday but maybe not couped up in the corner of the library like I previously thought.

From most debriefs I have read, I get the sense most applicants take this exam at least twice to reach their desired score, sometimes more. The GMAT, and the MBA application process in general really, is such a trial and error experience and sometimes just having done it once before is the greatest advantage you can have because you know what to expect. I’m well aware that if I don’t score as high as I would like, I’m in the majority and still have plenty of time to redeem myself. So if nothing else, this first shot at G-day will be a learning experience nevertheless, and I’m ready… I think.

DECODING MY CALENDAR

MBA Blogger

Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT Date: 08-09-2014

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2015, 17:00
FROM Texas Wanna Be Cali: The Results are In

First of all, I want to thank everyone that took the time to wish me luck on the GMAT today! Pulling That MBA Trigger, Top Dog MBA, Naija MBA Gal, MBA on my Mind, SciMBAGNPTH, and The MBA Journey. You guys don’t even realize how special all your posts and comments made me feel, y’all rock!!

I ended up scoring a 680 today (45Q, 38V). Not quite as high as expected, but my optimism that I can do better the next time around is slightly outweighing my disappointment. Sorry for the football analogy I’m about to make to all of you non football fans, but in taking the GMAT exam day, I felt like a rookie drafted in the 1st round playing in their first regular season NFL game. 1st round because I know that I’m not only qualified to take this exam but also have the ability to achieve a high score, but a rookie, a first timer, nonetheless. No matter how well you know the playbook, how hard you practice in training camp or how great you play during the preseason scrimmage games, there’s nothing like playing in a real game for the very first time, just like being able to regurgitate every quant formula and SC rule, studying every waking moment, and acing the mock exams, is in no comparison to the experience of going against the GMAT itself, decked out in a helmet and pads, running at you full speed when it really counts.

My achilles heel was exactly what I knew it would be, what I told myself on the drive to the testing center not to let happen, what ultimately did happen on BOTH sections, I FREAKING RAN OUT OF TIME! *facepalm* I’m a terrible guesser so I’m pretty sure in my mad dash to just finish, I for sure got every single question wrong.

As I am determined to apply to programs this Fall and want to submit the strongest profile possible, I plan on retaking the exam within the next 1-2 months to get that 720. I know I have quite the uphill battle, but I’m willing to do whatever it takes. It’s crazy just how much clearer my mind is now that I have taken the exam. Maybe it’s false confidence, but I know what areas I struggled in and how I can improve strategy wise, so hopefully a few more weeks of preparation will get me in the 700 club. As an underrepresented minority, I know a 680 would probably be an adequate score to get me into most of my program choices, but because I’m also a young applicant, I feel like I need a high GMAT score to prove I should be accepted now rather than later.

This time today, I thought I would be gearing up for the next step of the application process with maybe only spending Saturdays in the library essay writing, but at least having Sundays of NFL Football to look for to, but as we all know, plans don’t always go accordingly. No worries, Sundays will still be football day, I can’t give that up for anything, but I will definitely have to schedule out a solid plan to juggle a crazy Q4 to meet expectations at work, commitments with my volunteer projects, attending information sessions, GMAT studying, and of course updating this oh so wonderful blog.

And for any of you just starting out, I have listed the important things I’ve learned from my GMAT studying thus far. If I’ve even helped one person see things a bit more clearly, I have done well.

1. Timing is key

This was probably my biggest mistake, I waited really late in the game to start making sure I could solve most problems in the given time constraint. This will HAVE to be improved.

2. Learn what works for you

I absolutely love reading the Share GMAT Experience forum on GMAT Club. I’ve found alot of the tricks and tips that people used to get those top scores very helpful, but make sure you remember that everyone is different, and you must assess your own personal strengths and weaknesses in order to score high as well. Some people are just naturally gifted and need only a few materials for prep, and some people may be weak in a subject that you are not or vice versa. Definitely read advice from others, but never take it as the end all be all.

3. Be prepared to spend 

This might not apply to everyone, but for me, I know I spent alot of money on not just paying for the exam, but also in all my prep materials, and probably a lack of research of my own fault on what I should be using that led to overbuying. I tend to operate under the assumption that I have an endless supply of money in my bank account, so I never really plan out things before I buy them, I just spend and hope for the best. Now don’t get me wrong, most of the materials I purchased definitely helped me in one way or another, but I probably could’ve gone with less options if I knew what I know now, then.

4. Stay organized

Kind of going along with the previous bullet point, I was very disorganized in my studying. What I thought was a good plan, really was just a big mess. I would set a schedule but never follow it, had spreadsheets and notes and scratch work everywhere. The key to staying organized for me was using online question banks. I used Magoosh for a majority of my studying, which I loved because not only did they have video explanations for each problem, but I could also track what questions I missed, how long I took to complete, difficulty level and the subject material it covered all in one place. When the time came to start assessing my weakness, this was a tremendous help. My work in the OG books on the other hand, while I loved how they were accurate representations of what questions on the GMAT would be like, I failed at keeping my error log filled out and organized and never really went back to review the ones I missed.

5. Quality over quantity

I’ve been studying since the middle of May for the GMAT. I know so embarrassing. But I probably didn’t really start effectively studying until the middle of July. I mean, I was definitely “studying” for hours in the library before then, but I can honestly say that comparing my productivity from study sessions back then to now, there is a world of difference. Practicing 1000s of problems does not make you any more prepared for the test than practicing 200 problems and using the rest of the time to make sure you understand not only what you’re doing, but also why.

6. Take the GMAT as early as possible

Balancing GMAT prep and all the other facets of the MBA application can be extremely overwhelming. I’ve hardly started the next stages, but just thinking about it makes my head hurt

7. I’ve gained some serious face fat.

Like OMG no kidding you guys. When  I selected “yes” to take the first optional break after IR and my photo popped up on the screen, I was scared by what I saw, the straight on headshot of my face with incriminating evidence of one too many twizzlers during GMAT studying. YIKES!!

I apologize for the lengthy post. Definitely was not my intention, my fingers just can’t stop typing sometimes. But I’m off to give my brain a much needed rest. I’ll be at the pool tomorrow for the first time since beginning of July.. woohoo.. so my plan is to resume studying after the Labor Day weekend. I need some me time, before I can dive back into all that again. My apartment needs to be cleaned badly, errands I’ve been neglecting need to be ran, and shopping needs to be done. And if any readers out there have been successful retakers, would love to hear from you!! Damn GMAT… when will you stop consuming my life.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 10

GPA: 3.38
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2015, 17:01
FROM Road to My MBA: The GMAT experience
560 (Q33 V33). Yes, that was my score on my first GMAT attempt and that is the reason I´m retaking the GMAT in mid-November (not decided the date yet).

I don´t know what exactly happened but I left about seven unanswered question in Quantitative section, even though that this did not happen during my practice tests. One thing I know is that I have no excuse to such a low score so I will try again in a month. This low score made change almost all of my plans of dividing my applications between round 1 and round 2 and now I will apply exclusively on round 2.

Besides studying for the GMAT, my main goal for this week is to talk with one of my bosses to be my recommender. As I work in a consulting firm there are several managers that I could ask for a letter of recommendation, but I am not sure they are all “open minded enough” to understand my decision of pursuing a MBA in USA. After a long time of thinking, I´ve decided that one of them would understand me more and probably will be a good help during the process.

Since I have no time to lose, tomorrow I will probably have a lunch with him and have a frank conversation about my MBA. Depending on how well this conversation goes, I will talk about the letter of recommendation.

That´s it for the moment.

Let me go back to the GMAT. Ciao.

Current Student

GPA: 3.38
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2015, 17:01
FROM Road to My MBA: Letter of Recommendation
It has been a good week so far. After the disappointment with my GMAT score, I have started to study again, re-schedule the new test date and talked with my boss about the Recommendation Letter.

Rescheduling the GMAT

25th of November will be THE date. There´s no time to lose from now, it´s only studying and practicing.

Recommendation Letter

Asking for a Recommendation Letter is one of the most feared aspects of one´s application, specially mine, and the reason is that I´ve not talked to anyone in my work that I´m applying to MBA programs. Since I work for the same company for 4 years, my options really should be around there.

Well, I spent a long time thinking about whom I should ask to be my recommender and the reasons below helped me to make my decision towards my manager:

• Native English speaker: although he´s Brazilian, he moved to Canada at a young age, so he has a perfect English. Besides that, he lived in NYC for a good while to work at an investment bank before joining our Firm here.

[*]MBA Abroad: believe it or not, he´s the only one in the company who earned an MBA abroad (in Canada), which is interesting since I work for a Big 4 Consulting Firm. Besides that, during our conversation, he mentioned he has done several recommendation letters before and remembered when he was the one asking for it.[/list]

[*]Technical knowledge: he has profound knowledge in corporate finance and has the CFA (which I aim to have in a couple years). I´m not sure whether this would improve the RL, but shows that he is qualified.[/list]

[*]Works with me for about 3 ½ years: a couple months after I started to work here, he was hired to be one of the managers in our area. We have worked together in several projects, so he knows a lot about my business performance.[/list]

[*]Trustworthy: this sounds obvious but I do not want my colleagues to know that I´m applying to MBA right now and I truly believe he´s someone I can trust.[/list]
All that mentioned above, our conversation went smooth, I told him the reasons I want to earn a MBA and we discussed the other aspects of the application for a while. It was a good talk, which made me feel confident of the choice of him. I will use the GrantMeAdmission “Killer Recommendation Package” to help him through the letter.

I know it is safer (and sometimes required) to have at least two recommenders, but I cannot think of anyone else at the moment.

That´s it, good luck to everyone!

MBA Blogger
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2015, 23:01
FROM GMAT Pro: Bad start! reschedule.
Hello, Its been a month that I have posted something on this page. I was away for some reason. Actually I was fighting with my inner self. Last 20 days were not so good for me in terms of concentration on studies as well as my life. I would name it a bad start to … Continue reading →Image

Warm Regards.
Visit My Blog

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT Date: 07-09-2015
GPA: 3.87
WE: General Management (Internet and New Media)
An infographic [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2015, 00:01
FROM Get an MBA: An infographic

Found this great infographic by mba.com.  Perfect starting point for those of us just starting out. You can view the original here

Intern
Intern

Stalking and a Plan [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2015, 00:01
FROM Get an MBA: Stalking and a Plan
After spending the better half of today stalking two websites (gmat club and beat the gmat) I was finally able to develop a study plan for myself! It is still a work in progress and I will probably be tweaking it as I go, but I’m confident that it will help me reach my goal and it will work for me.

I started out the day by trying to find a ready made, foolproof, high score guarantee type of a study plan. I found some great resources in the above mentioned sites but they did not feel quite right. So after some more thinking I decided to build my own; after all, I know better than anyone what areas I need the most help in and what my schedule is like.

I have a tentative test date for July 9th. This gives me about 4 months preparation. My plan is a 3 month plan, BUT at the end of Month 1 I have to seriously consider if I am strong enough in quant to move forward (in case I did not mention it before the quant section is my biggest weak point). This way if I feel I am not ready then I can give myself a few extra days without cutting into my verbal preparation.

My months go as follows:

Month 1

Month 2

Month 3

As you can see I have not listed the books I will be using and that is because I am still trying to figure out which ones to use. I have an idea but have not landed on something definite yet. Looks like I have a bit more stalking to do :). You will also notice I am taking the last two weeks of February almost as pre prep, if that makes sense, and that is because I live in Central America, Honduras to be exact, and the books are not easily available. I am probably going to have to order them online and wait for them to arrive. There is some great material online as well and I will be using those as well but I should have my materials list ready by tomorrow. Once all my books are here, or even in the meantime, I plan on getting familiarized with the test, its structure, the different types of questions, etc.

I will keep updating my schedule as it takes form and keep sharing as well. As far as time is concerned I am setting aside 2 hours Mon-Fri and 8 hours Saturday. Again, these times are not set in stone…it is a minimum, if I feel I have a little extra time I will throw it in the mix. I just have to find the right balance between work, kid, husband to get it all done. Sunday will be my rest day.

So far its kind of exciting…which is good.

Intern
Intern

Books, Books and More Books [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2015, 11:01
FROM Get an MBA: Books, Books and More Books
I love books. My brother used to tease me because I liked to smell my books, but I didn’t care. As a matter a fact I still do. I just love how new books smell and how they feel when you flip through the pages….old books can smell even better :P Give me a good old fashion book over a kindle book any day! Ok I’m digressing…back to topic. I have picked my GMAT books:

• Official Guide-A Must!
  • Official Quant and Verbal Review Workbook
  • Manhattan GMAT Book Series for Verbal and Quant
I am undecided on the Kaplan Math Workbook. I’ve heard its really not worth it. I’m just wondering if I should get it anyway-for practice at least or brushing up on math? For the official guide I’ve ordered the 2015 one but I might get one of the older ones as well.

I should have all my materials here by the end of February and then the studying will really begin! If anybody out there has any additional recommendations for study materials let me know. I plan on making good use of the GMAT Prep tests and GMAT diagnostic tests. GMATclub also has some tests available that I will be using but if you know of others I am all ears.

G

Kudos [?]: 1458 [0], given: 270

GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V34
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
LOVE- NO!!; GMAT- YESSSSS!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2015, 05:01
FROM GNPTH: LOVE- NO!!; GMAT- YESSSSS!!
When the whole world celebrated Valentine day and enjoyed with their Love. I was hoping that Cupid will shoot his Arrow of desire/love towards me. But instead I had to stick with my GMAT preparation.

When many MBA applicants are keen in making a decision about “Which school to attend”. I had to stick with OG and Practice for the GMAT with whatever materials I have. Not that I’m Complaining/ whining as I had already made my decision to apply for Class of 2018.

You can ask, then what’s the point in mentioning about this. I mentioning this just shout out “Congratulations” to all my fellow MBA aspirants for getting accepted into their target B-Schools. :). And all best for your decision making process, if you haven’t made it yet. Most of them had hell of ride, I was able to witness from their blogs. It certainly helped me to get ready for the application process which i will be starting this fall. Also their blogs taught me, what to expect and what not to expect once you are done with your applications and you know that you have screwed somewhere of the application.

All I wanted to say is that– “Thanks” to all bloggers who will be matriculating this year in their dream B-schools and in the process helping me/ fellow aspirants with their blog posts :). Hope their MBA/ GMAT blogs will transform into B-school life blogs soon :)

Confession: Before starting my blog I had no idea about the interview process and what questions to expect etc etc. Now I believe, I have full knowledge if not some knowledge about the key elements in a MBA Applications. Obviously, it makes me feel relaxed as I have to concentrate more on my GMAT as of now.

Coming back to GMAT, I almost done with my Preparation and getting ready for the Final countdown and assessing my performance with Mocks. Talking about mocks- i scored 680(Q-48 & V-35) recently. I felt really happy that my efforts are going in right direction. I have analyzed the mocks and noted down my key areas of improvements. I will be working towards those improvements coming weeks and make sure I get them right next time around.

I haven’t decided on the date yet for my GMAT as I lack some confidence. My thinking now is, if i’m able to pull of 710+ score in 3 mocks(I have planned to give one mock test per week(Saturdays) for next 3 weeks) then that will be my booster. And I will right away select the date for the GMAT.

Hoping everything will go according to the plan :).

Again, All the best to all my fellow blogger/MBA applicants- My Life is Bliss- Awesome going girl!! Finally everything is coming your way with interview calls- You will nail it :), Vandana- 4 out of 4? That’s really cool. You are a Star!!!, Importunate MBA, TopDogMBA- Congrats for deciding to attend MIT Sloan, Coffee beans & Tea leaves- All the best for Duke, Naija MBA Gal- Congrats for Booth, Pulling that MBA trigger- All the best for Kellogg, UCLA and Tepper. You will get the interview invite soon :). And if i have missed anyone, please pardon me as the list is getting bigger and bigger :)

Until next time,

GNPTH

Become a GMAT Club Premium member to avail lot of discounts

Kudos [?]: 1458 [0], given: 270

Intern
Intern

Calm before the Prep [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2015, 09:01
FROM Get an MBA: Calm before the Prep
Its been a couple of uneventful days. I’ve been gathering material in order to prepare for the GMAT and I have also joined an international study group-how cool is that? Amazing what the internet enables you to do. So the way it works is we will each tackle our study materials and then come together on skype or google chat once a week and just bounce questions off one another. This is great because we can take advantage of each other strengths to strengthen our weaknesses.

Full prep mode for me will start next week. For now I am just reading basic information on the test, its structure, the questions types…mainly getting familiarized.

On a side note my son saw me while I was reading up on some math questions and kindly informed me that if I did not understand I should go to pre-k because Ms. Ingles (his teacher) is a very good math teacher :). Oh if only it were that simple.

BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 145

Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Demystifying MBA Rankings [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2015, 03:01
FROM GrantmeAdmission: Demystifying MBA Rankings
Hello everyone! I’m started to get ready to boot up my GMAT brain…. how tough it has been to get motivated. I really have to get…Image

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 145

Intern
Intern

Allies in your Mistakes [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2015, 12:01
FROM Get an MBA: Allies in your Mistakes
I have been MIA…I know but between work, family and studying I have barely had time for anything else.  That and its hard for me to tear myself away from books once I become immersed in them. Its funny, I thought math was going to be hard…I remember not being so great at math in school, but it seems like the skills are there…rusty but present.

I took a practice test and got average scores! Average! Not bad, not good; except of course if you are applying to b-school, in which case average is just not going to cut it. In getting familiarized with the test I have come to the realization that this is no ordinary test. The test-makers were sneaky little weasels that created cleverly appealing incorrect answers.

While I enjoyed seeing some right answers I was happier at all the questions that I got wrong. Now, before you start giving me raised eyebrow looks, hear me out. Those mistakes rather than being a negative became allies of mine. After spending time with them, learning why I got them wrong, learning why the appealing wrong answer was indeed wrong I began to see a pattern and certain logic to them.

The more specifics I analyzed the more I began to notice the difficult elements of the question before they tripped me up. This just goes to show how important the mistake tracker really is. If you analyze and categorize your past mistakes they may just help you avoid them in the future. I promise if you do this you will start to see less of them as you progress.

MBA Blogger
B

Pick up the list again [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 07:01
FROM GMAT Pro: Pick up the list again
It’s been more than 2 months that I have posted here. This blog was meant to be my GMAT/MBA journey book but I was not able to continue it as I shifted my GMAT/MBA goal to next year. I have not posted anything because I was not making any progress on this lane. What I […]Image

Warm Regards.
Visit My Blog

Pick up the list again   [#permalink] 03 Apr 2015, 07:01

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 81 posts ] 

Applicant Blogs: The Best of GMAT Prep Blogs

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HiLine

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap