GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Aug 2019, 02:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Ask Experts' Global

new topic post reply Update application status  
Experts' Global Representative
G
Re: Ask Experts' Global  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2018, 05:09
nougai27 wrote:
Qualifications
Xth :-64%
XII th:- 82%
Graduation :- 65% English (Hons) Humanities
Current work:- income tax inspector
Nature of work:- not related to corporate work experience in anyway, it is government sector work. The work is divided into two categories

Assessment Section 
A job in this section includes work related to desk job details that come with the title of Income Tax Inspector.
You will be responsible for assessing income tax that people, company or partnership firms are liable to pay.
You will also have to handle refund claims and TDS (Tax Deduction at Source) queries Non-Assessment Section 
A job in this section will subject you to field work.

Inspectors employed in this section can be a part of the rapid response team that conducts raids.

The ITIs who are given non-assessment duties usually have to perform only clerical duties.

Their job is limited to filing official paperwork and occasionally accompanying raid teams

My query:- I always wanted to do an MBA as it was my dream to work for a private company. Due to financial constraints, I was not able to apply for MBA in foreign universities. I had no interest in Indian MBA as I always wanted to work in a foreign country. Also Indian MBA had very low chances to get me placed in a foreign firm. Private firms in India without an MBA gives very less salary and high load which would not have given me time to make my profile for foreign MBA.
Therefore, I decided to pursue a government job and finance my future MBA from that money.
I intend to do an MBA after 5 years. I can score score very well in GMAT and TOEFL from official mocks that I have given. I am interested in doing MBA from Canada so that I can get permanent residency. I am aiming for "average" b schools in Canada only.
Please I am in dire need of help. I have 5 years at my disposal. Please guide me on how can I make my profile in these 5 years so that the adcoms don't reject me. Also honestly tell me whether I am eligible of doing MBA from an average Business School in Canada only.
Thank you and God bless you !

Posted from my mobile device

Hello nougai27,

Apologies for the delayed response.

5 years is still very long away :-) Please take this time to build up your profile. A few things you could work on are as follows:
- Focus on getting a high GMAT score.
- Keep performing at work (undertake leadership and problem-solving roles); this will enable you to have a number of talking points in your application.
- Take on activities in the social sector (on issues you are passionate about); rather than mere volunteering roles, try taking up leadership profiles outside of work as well.
- Align yourself with social/professional clubs (example: hone your public-speaking skills through Toastmasters).

There is an endless list of things you can take up; please prioritize and make the best use of this time as much as possible.

All the best! :-)
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
Wisconsin(Madison) School Moderator
S
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Ask Experts' Global  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2018, 10:38
Hi ExpertsGlobal,

I would like to request a suggestion/opinion on a confusion I am facing. One of the B-School Forum Moderators suggested that I reach out to you for help as you people have a rich experience in the MBA admissions process.
I received an admit from a business school in Georgia, USA with a full scholarship and stipend/graduate assistantship. Therefore, I asked other two MBA schools for which my decision was pending after the interview if it is possible to provide my application decision sooner as I already have a decision in hand and wish to make an informed decision before paying out the enrollment fee. The schools reverted with a request to send them a copy of "Admission Letter" and "Scholarship Letter" before taking the case to the Admissions Committee for decisions.
Now, I am little confused whether to provide the letters or details such as the name of program, amount, the deadline for payment, etc. to those schools. I am not sure whether this would put my only admit into jeopardy or help me.
Kindly advise. Hope to hear from you soon.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.25
WE: Law (Law)

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2019, 08:40
Hi GMAT Experts,

Could you provide an evaluation of my profile and my chances of actually getting into these schools? I gave an attempt just today and might give another attempt at GMAT if the popular opinion remains that my current score is not good enough considering my profile and the kind of business schools I want.

I intend to apply to the top-20 B-Schools (per the latest FT rankings) and would be considering a consultancy job. Target schools are Sloan, Booth, Columbia, INSEAD, Stanford and Harvard.

GMAT: 720 (V-40/ Q-47/ IR-5/ AWA-TBA).

Female, Indian (Mumbai), 27 yo

Educational qualification - Law graduate from one of the top 10 law schools in India. However, I have graduated with a 67% grade which places me slightly above average at my law school.

Work experience - 4 years work experience.
1. Worked for 2 years at one of the top-6 law firms in India.
2. Currently working at the #1 law firm in India from the past 2 years.

Work description - M&A and private equity transactions. My work profile includes drafting transaction documents, negotiations, conducting due diligence and legal research.
I have received consistently good ratings at both jobs (and will get recommendations from both my ex-boss and my current boss). I have also recently been promoted to a Senior Associate, which is one of the 3 promotions we receive in our entire career as legal professionals at law firms.

Extra-curricular activities: Volunteering at NGOs that provide free legal aid to disadvantaged women.

Thanks a lot!
S

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2019, 00:03
AkanshaS wrote:
Hi GMAT Experts,

Could you provide an evaluation of my profile and my chances of actually getting into these schools? I gave an attempt just today and might give another attempt at GMAT if the popular opinion remains that my current score is not good enough considering my profile and the kind of business schools I want.

I intend to apply to the top-20 B-Schools (per the latest FT rankings) and would be considering a consultancy job. Target schools are Sloan, Booth, Columbia, INSEAD, Stanford and Harvard.

GMAT: 720 (V-40/ Q-47/ IR-5/ AWA-TBA).

Female, Indian (Mumbai), 27 yo

Educational qualification - Law graduate from one of the top 10 law schools in India. However, I have graduated with a 67% grade which places me slightly above average at my law school.

Work experience - 4 years work experience.

1. Worked for 2 years at one of the top-6 law firms in India.
2. Currently working at the #1 law firm in India from the past 2 years.

Work description - M&A and private equity transactions. My work profile includes drafting transaction documents, negotiations, conducting due diligence and legal research.
I have received consistently good ratings at both jobs (and will get recommendations from both my ex-boss and my current boss). I have also recently been promoted to a Senior Associate, which is one of the 3 promotions we receive in our entire career as legal professionals at law firms.

Extra-curricular activities: Volunteering at NGOs that provide free legal aid to disadvantaged women.

Thanks a lot!

Hello AkanshaS,

Thanks for your query.

Your legal experience with the top Indian firm will differentiate your application from the rest of the Indian pool and definitely add to your chances. Of course, how well you portray your credentials, skill-set, and career goals, will be extremely crucial. You have not shared information pertaining to your career goals; however, we do recommend that the same should be in strong sync with your existing profile.

Having said the above, we do recommend that you re-take the GMAT for the following reasons:
-You have time at hand and a higher score is going to boost your chances significantly.
-Indians applying to the concerned programs, apply with a score in excess of 740; moreover, the average at these schools hovers around the 720+ mark.
-Your extra-curricular activities do not appear very impressive and a spike needs to be showcased in another aspect; the GMAT score is one such aspect, in your control.

We suggest that you focus on getting as high a score as possible; once the GMAT is out of the way, spend a significant amount of time on your essays! :-)

Should you have any follow-up questions, please feel free to reach out.

All the best!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
Ross School Moderator
S
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2019, 15:20
Hi ExpertsGlobal

I know this thread is mostly for MBA aspirants, but can you please review my profile with respect to strength of application for a US Top 20 PhD program?

- Indian, Male, 30 years old
- GMAT 720 (Q47, V42) in first attempt (May 2019), planning to retake in 4 weeks time and hoping to improve score to at least a 750.
- Planning to apply to Top 20 PhD programs in US in Marketing Specialization (Consumer Behaviour track)
- Schools of Interest (in almost that order): Fuqua, Ross, Kellogg, Columbia, Carlson, Stern, Anderson, Yale, McCombs, Smith (University of Maryland), Foster, Kenan-Flagler

Academic Achievements:

PG: MBA from MICA, Ahmedabad (#1 School in Marketing and Communication, GPA 3.15/4)

UG: B.Tech from IIT Dhanbad (Top 10 in Engineering Schools, GPA 4.0)

School: Intermediate - 95%, High School - 96%

Work Experience:

5+ years of work ex across:
1. Research-based consulting in marketing and communications for a global advisory firm (Publicly traded in US, subsidiary of Gartner)
2. Advertising and Digital Marketing stints at a)leading media and publishing company in India, and b) Top 10 Digital Marketing Agency in India
3. Product Marketing for a tech startup (helped in growth from beta to USD 500K ARR in 16 months)
4, Currently working as the Product Marketing lead for one of the products of an Indian SaaS unicorn

Marketing and communications has been at the core of all my roles, and the diversity in application is something that has broadened my understanding for marketing, at the same time I have been able to narrow down on what it is that specifically interests me about marketing - consumer psychology and motivation. The key skills that I have developed through my work exp. are consumer behaviour research, market research, and marketing and communication strategy design.

Research Experience

No formal RA/TA experience but I have research experience in the form of:
- an MBA dissertation thesis
- couple of live research projects during b-school
- one original research work in my MBA internship (was judged the 2nd best research project amongst all interns, and I was offered a PPO)
- multiple unstructured consumer research projects in my consulting and advertising jobs (the reason for my continued growth in consumer behaviour understanding at an academic level)

Co-Curriculars
1. Have won a bunch of prestigious national-level marketing and business case competitions during b-school (some of them included substantial market research components)
2. Have held positions of responsibility at both PG and UG levels - Member of the community radio and rural outreach team in b-school, and Founder of the Literary Club in UG

Extra-Curriculars

1. Sports: Inter-collegiate level football and badminton during UG and PG
2. Fitness: Certified Crossfit Level 1 Trainer (attained certification as a personal goal, but I've extended my passion for fitness to the community and now teach part-time at the Crossfit box where I workout)
3. Performing Arts: Won several awards for debate, poetry, and quizzing at school and inter-school levels
4. Hobbies and Interests: I like to study cultural influences in music and cinema and vice versa, like to study sociology and psychology and I plan to do a few introductory courses on Coursera to further my learning, and I'm deeply interested in sustainability and clean tech.

Why PhD?

I have always been leaning towards a career that involves critical thinking, research, and 'knowledge production'. While my current career progression has been fulfilling, it has been a bit tactical, and I want to move towards a deeper, more cognitive immersion into the study of marketing, and want to be creating new knowledge in the field, instead of merely using existing theories and models. I am looking to develop an expertise, both theoretical and practical, that lies at the intersection of marketing and psychology, specifically with respect to understanding consumer motivation and psychology towards intangibles such as time, mortality, and adventure.

What after PhD?

Currently undecided. Even though a career in academia is the most obvious choice, I would love to explore a way to bring the knowledge I gather in those 5 year back into the real world and devise method to apply that knowledge (I know this isn't the answer most PhD AdComs want to hear, but on the other hand from what I've researched PhDs are finding increasing acceptance in the industry due to their specialized knowledge, and the demand-supply gap in tenure-track positions for PhDs seems to be worsening by the day).

Questions
- Are my target schools realistic with my current GMAT score? If no, according to my current score, what other schools would you suggest? As I mentioned earlier, I am planning to retake the GMAT, and improve my score to around 750.
- What areas in my profile would you like me to work upon? I plan to apply for Fall 2020 admit, R1 application cycle for PhD programs is Sep-Dec, and even Jan in some of the schools.

Would appreciate a profile review and any advice you may have for me.

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2019, 23:22
variantguy wrote:
Hi ExpertsGlobal

I know this thread is mostly for MBA aspirants, but can you please review my profile with respect to strength of application for a US Top 20 PhD program?

- Indian, Male, 30 years old
- GMAT 720 (Q47, V42) in first attempt (May 2019), planning to retake in 4 weeks time and hoping to improve score to at least a 750.
- Planning to apply to Top 20 PhD programs in US in Marketing Specialization (Consumer Behaviour track)
- Schools of Interest (in almost that order): Fuqua, Ross, Kellogg, Columbia, Carlson, Stern, Anderson, Yale, McCombs, Smith (University of Maryland), Foster, Kenan-Flagler

Academic Achievements:

PG: MBA from MICA, Ahmedabad (#1 School in Marketing and Communication, GPA 3.15/4)

UG: B.Tech from IIT Dhanbad (Top 10 in Engineering Schools, GPA 4.0)

School: Intermediate - 95%, High School - 96%

Work Experience:

5+ years of work ex across:
1. Research-based consulting in marketing and communications for a global advisory firm (Publicly traded in US, subsidiary of Gartner)
2. Advertising and Digital Marketing stints at a)leading media and publishing company in India, and b) Top 10 Digital Marketing Agency in India
3. Product Marketing for a tech startup (helped in growth from beta to USD 500K ARR in 16 months)
4, Currently working as the Product Marketing lead for one of the products of an Indian SaaS unicorn

Marketing and communications has been at the core of all my roles, and the diversity in application is something that has broadened my understanding for marketing, at the same time I have been able to narrow down on what it is that specifically interests me about marketing - consumer psychology and motivation. The key skills that I have developed through my work exp. are consumer behaviour research, market research, and marketing and communication strategy design.

Research Experience

No formal RA/TA experience but I have research experience in the form of:
- an MBA dissertation thesis
- couple of live research projects during b-school
- one original research work in my MBA internship (was judged the 2nd best research project amongst all interns, and I was offered a PPO)
- multiple unstructured consumer research projects in my consulting and advertising jobs (the reason for my continued growth in consumer behaviour understanding at an academic level)

Co-Curriculars
1. Have won a bunch of prestigious national-level marketing and business case competitions during b-school (some of them included substantial market research components)
2. Have held positions of responsibility at both PG and UG levels - Member of the community radio and rural outreach team in b-school, and Founder of the Literary Club in UG

Extra-Curriculars

1. Sports: Inter-collegiate level football and badminton during UG and PG
2. Fitness: Certified Crossfit Level 1 Trainer (attained certification as a personal goal, but I've extended my passion for fitness to the community and now teach part-time at the Crossfit box where I workout)
3. Performing Arts: Won several awards for debate, poetry, and quizzing at school and inter-school levels
4. Hobbies and Interests: I like to study cultural influences in music and cinema and vice versa, like to study sociology and psychology and I plan to do a few introductory courses on Coursera to further my learning, and I'm deeply interested in sustainability and clean tech.

Why PhD?

I have always been leaning towards a career that involves critical thinking, research, and 'knowledge production'. While my current career progression has been fulfilling, it has been a bit tactical, and I want to move towards a deeper, more cognitive immersion into the study of marketing, and want to be creating new knowledge in the field, instead of merely using existing theories and models. I am looking to develop an expertise, both theoretical and practical, that lies at the intersection of marketing and psychology, specifically with respect to understanding consumer motivation and psychology towards intangibles such as time, mortality, and adventure.

What after PhD?

Currently undecided. Even though a career in academia is the most obvious choice, I would love to explore a way to bring the knowledge I gather in those 5 year back into the real world and devise method to apply that knowledge (I know this isn't the answer most PhD AdComs want to hear, but on the other hand from what I've researched PhDs are finding increasing acceptance in the industry due to their specialized knowledge, and the demand-supply gap in tenure-track positions for PhDs seems to be worsening by the day).

Questions
- Are my target schools realistic with my current GMAT score? If no, according to my current score, what other schools would you suggest? As I mentioned earlier, I am planning to retake the GMAT, and improve my score to around 750.
- What areas in my profile would you like me to work upon? I plan to apply for Fall 2020 admit, R1 application cycle for PhD programs is Sep-Dec, and even Jan in some of the schools.

Would appreciate a profile review and any advice you may have for me.

Hello variantguy,

Thank you for writing to us.

Unfortunately, we do not conduct assessments for Ph.D. candidates and sincerely apologize for not being able to help you.

We do hope you find the answers to your questions.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2019, 19:32
Hi ,

I am just starting my the second phase of my MBA application journey (wrote GMAT on 6th of May, after a month of preparation) and am part excited and part confused.
It would be a great help if somebody could review my profile and suggest course of action or profile improvement measures which would help my application.

Profile :

Nationality : Indian

Education :
10th - 92%
12th - 72%
Graduation - 62%
Electronics and Communication Engineering -Visvesvaraya Technological University(Not autonomous)

Work experience :
33 months (approx.) as of today.
Autonomous Driving.
Have worked for various Asian and European Clients.
Can get letter of recommendations from managers based in Japan and Europe.
Currently working for a German product based company.

Publication : One Technical paper published in Springer magazine.

Extra-curricular :
Member of various technical clubs in college.
Organized various technical events in college.
Received awards for technical projects.

Score :
GMAT : 710 (Q49, V38, IR 6, AWA 4)

Target Schools : ISB, Saïd Business School,Cambridge Judge Business School,Rotman school of management.

Queries :
1. Is it advisable to write again?
2. What can I do to improve my profile?
3. Apart from the mentioned target schools, are there other schools I should be considering ?

P.S. : I have worked in India for the entirety of my career.
S

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2019, 23:11
Kumar02Abhishek wrote:
Hi ,

I am just starting my the second phase of my MBA application journey (wrote GMAT on 6th of May, after a month of preparation) and am part excited and part confused.
It would be a great help if somebody could review my profile and suggest course of action or profile improvement measures which would help my application.

Profile :

Education :
10th - 92%
12th - 72%
Graduation - 62%
Electronics and Communication Engineering -Visvesvaraya Technological University(Not autonomous)

Work experience :
33 months (approx.) as of today.
Autonomous Driving.
Have worked for various Asian and European Clients.
Can get letter of recommendations from managers based in Japan and Europe.
Currently working for a German product based company.

Publication : One Technical paper published in Springer magazine.

Extra-curricular :
Member of various technical clubs in college.
Organized various technical events in college.
Received awards for technical projects.

Score :
GMAT : 710 (Q49, V38, IR 6, AWA 4)

Target Schools : ISB, Saïd Business School,Cambridge Judge Business School,Rotman school of management.

Queries :
1. Is it advisable to write again?
2. What can I do to improve my profile?
3. Apart from the mentioned target schools, are there other schools I should be considering ?

P.S. : I have worked in India for the entirety of my career.

Hello Kumar02Abhishek,

Thanks for your query.

Your international experience will definitely add value to your profile; however, considering your academic grades are not stellar and you belong to the Indian male applicant pool, we strongly suggest that you retake the GMAT to boost your chances.

The GMAT becomes particularly crucial considering you are aiming for schools such as Rotman (with Canada becoming extremely competitive), Saïd, and Judge (as your GMAT score is below the average score of Indians applying to these programs).

Needless to say, apart from the above, your essays, particularly how you portray strengths, skills, and career goals will be very important. It is a bit late in the day to take on something new considering you intend to apply to Fall '20 programs. However, we strongly suggest that you keep performing at work to garner as many talking points as possible.

There are a host of other schools you could apply to with your current score; much depends on your career goals and the geography that works for you.

The following video may help:

All the best!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2019, 11:31
Hello
I took my GMAT and scored 700.
I am currently pursuing Economics hons from Hansraj College, Delhi University and wish to apply for MIM.
My target college earlier was HEC paris but since my score is a bit low, I dont think I stand a chance.( will be applying though)
My target colleges as for now are as follows:
Essec
London Business School
Insead
St Gallen
HEC

I was wondering if I have a chance in any of the above mentioned colleges given my 700 score.

As far as profile is considered, I have two Internships, one at Yes Bank and another one at news agency. I have undertaken social work as well.
Scored a complete 10 CGPA in 10th and 97% in 12th.

Also, I will be applying for YLP at Indian School of Business

Please guide me through chances and deadlines of these colleges.
And should I also try for any other college?

S

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2019, 19:17
SunidhiJain wrote:
Hello
I took my GMAT and scored 700.
I am currently pursuing Economics hons from Hansraj College, Delhi University and wish to apply for MIM.
My target college earlier was HEC paris but since my score is a bit low, I dont think I stand a chance.( will be applying though)
My target colleges as for now are as follows:
Essec
London Business School
Insead
St Gallen
HEC

I was wondering if I have a chance in any of the above mentioned colleges given my 700 score.

As far as profile is considered, I have two Internships, one at Yes Bank and another one at news agency. I have undertaken social work as well.
Scored a complete 10 CGPA in 10th and 97% in 12th.

Also, I will be applying for YLP at Indian School of Business

Please guide me through chances and deadlines of these colleges.
And should I also try for any other college?

Hello SunidhiJain,

Thanks for writing in.

While INSEAD and LBS will definitely be Unrealistic options with the current GMAT score, HEC Paris is more of a Stretch option. We would recommend that you retake the GMAT and apply to a larger number of schools; this will allow you to spread the risk and apply to both Stretch and Practical options.

Having said the above, the GMAT is only one component of the applications process and much will depend on your overall case; in the absence of details pertaining to your extra-curricular activities, academic performance, as well as your career goals, it is difficult to provide you with more detailed feedback; however, whatever the case may be, a set of well-written essays, wherein your career goals are logically portrayed, is a given necessity; besides the GMAT score, your chances will also depend on how well you are able to execute this aspect of the application.

ISB YLP makes sense; however, it is highly competitive, and with your GMAT score hovering a bit under the average mark, a lot will depend on how well you portray your overall candidature. It is going to be a Stretch-Dream option.

We would like to take this opportunity to offer you a free profile evaluation; should you wish to avail of the same, please reach out to us.

All the best! :-)
Intern
Intern
B
Ask Experts' Global  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2019, 02:30
Hello All !

Please evaluate my profile and let me know on the schools that I need to apply to

Class X : 93%
CLass 12 : 98%
Btech in Mechanical engineering( JNTU university hyderabad) : 86%
Mtech in BITS Pilani (WILP) : 97.5%
GMAT Score : 710

Overall 6 years of experience in Aerospace manufacturing company " Tata Advanced systems Limited"
3 years in Operations ( Production, Engineering, Tooling)
3 years in Supply chain ( Strategic sourcing team)
Certifications:
Lean six sigma green belt trained and led several projects

Extra curriculars :
Participated in indoor sports and atheltics at school, college and comapny level.
Participated in CSR initiatives from company side.

Post MBA goal:
Leading global supply chain teams across different industries.

School criteria:
I am looking at schools which can provide significant amount of scholarship and also schools ranked below 30-40 in FT rankings( essentially good schools)

Please let me know.

Thanks !
S

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2019, 22:18
SharanyaReddy3006 wrote:
Hello All !

Please evaluate my profile and let me know on the schools that I need to apply to

Class X : 93%
CLass 12 : 98%
Btech in Mechanical engineering( JNTU university hyderabad) : 86%
Mtech in BITS Pilani (WILP) : 97.5%
GMAT Score : 710

Overall 6 years of experience in Aerospace manufacturing company " Tata Advanced systems Limited"
3 years in Operations ( Production, Engineering, Tooling)
3 years in Supply chain ( Strategic sourcing team)
Certifications:
Lean six sigma green belt trained and led several projects

Extra curriculars :
Participated in indoor sports and atheltics at school, college and comapny level.
Participated in CSR initiatives from company side.

Post MBA goal:
Leading global supply chain teams across different industries.

School criteria:
I am looking at schools which can provide significant amount of scholarship and also schools ranked below 30-40 in FT rankings( essentially good schools)

Please let me know.

Thanks !

Hello SharanyaReddy3006,

Thanks for writing in.

Your degree from BITS Pilani, fine academic record, experience in Aerospace manufacturing, and leadership experience, will definitely help add value to your overall case; the career goals in the domain of supply chain seem logical; however, a lot will depend on how you present these through your essays (along with your achievements and skill set).

We suggest that you look for fitment rather than ranking when it comes to shortlisting schools. You are looking for significant scholarships and we suggest that you apply to a larger number of schools keeping the strengths of a school in mind rather than just ranking. When it comes to scholarships, though, the US programs will definitely be more friendly.

Should you feel the need for a detailed discussion, please feel free to request a detailed profile evaluation.

Thank you.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2019, 05:04
Hi,
Below are the details,

Kaviyaa K / 20

Indian/ Resident of Chennai.
Educational Qualifications:
STD 10-98.2% (2014)
STD 12-98% (2016)

UG- BCOM stella Maris College- cgpa- 8.3 (2019)

GMAT- Have booked the test on 10th august 2019( expecting a score of 700+ )

Internship: Have interned for nearly 3 months at the headoffice of a Pharmaceuticals export and manufacturing industry
I possess no work experience. I've been placed at Barclays,Chennai and will be joining on 29th July 2019.

I'm looking to apply for Fall 2020 admissions in Top B schools in Singapore and United Sates.
My preference is MBA , Msc in finance/Marketing analytics/Brand Management.
Thanks in advance

Regards,
Kaviyaa
S

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2019, 18:35
Kaviyaa wrote:
Hi,
Below are the details,

Kaviyaa K / 20

Indian/ Resident of Chennai.
Educational Qualifications:
STD 10-98.2% (2014)
STD 12-98% (2016)

UG- BCOM stella Maris College- cgpa- 8.3 (2019)

GMAT- Have booked the test on 10th august 2019( expecting a score of 700+ )

Internship: Have interned for nearly 3 months at the headoffice of a Pharmaceuticals export and manufacturing industry
I possess no work experience. I've been placed at Barclays,Chennai and will be joining on 29th July 2019.

I'm looking to apply for Fall 2020 admissions in Top B schools in Singapore and United Sates.
My preference is MBA , Msc in finance/Marketing analytics/Brand Management.
Thanks in advance

Regards,
Kaviyaa

Hello Kaviyaa,

Thanks for writing in.

With no work experience at the time of applying, you may not be eligible for most MBA programs around the world. Hence, if you are looking at doing an MBA, you will need to defer your plans by a couple of years.

With regard to the masters you are looking at applying to, do ensure that the job/role you take up is closely aligned with the degree. To move from a banking role to brand management will make little sense and will spoil your chances of gaining an admit. At this point, there are two things that are most important:

-getting your desired GMAT score
-gaining a clear understanding of the degree you want to pursue and that in turn is dependent on your career goals.

Hope this helps.

Should you have any follow up questions, please feel free to write to us.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
B
Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2019, 09:19
GMAT Club

FORUM
GMAT CLUB TESTS
QUESTION BANKS
MBA PROGRAMS
REVIEWS
DEALS & DISCOUNTS
CHAT
T&C AND PRIVACY POLICY

GMAT Club Rules
Notifications (2)
Private Messages (0)
My Profile
My Error Log
Logout [ mohancrao31 ]
Close
Search
Advanced search
My posts
Unanswered
Close
GMAT Club Forum Index Ask Admissionado
Please evaluate my profile for ISB hyderabad : Ask Admissionado
Topic Discussion
Page 1 of 1

mohancrao31
1 min
Hi everyone

Please evaluate my profile for admission in ISB hyderabad

1. Work experience: 7 Years
2. Position : Senior Engineer- manufacturing engineering
3. Current Company : GreyOrange India limited (4yrs)
4. Previous company : Hyundai Motor India Limited

GMAT score : 660
Quant Q47
Verbal Q34
IR : 4

Have social work experience with Make a difference as a english teacher and mentor for underprivileged kids (2013-2016)

Do you think it is worthwhile to apply in round 1 for ISB Hyderabad. Or should i retake the GMAT and apply in dec round

S

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2019, 22:35
mohancrao31 wrote:
GMAT Club

FORUM
GMAT CLUB TESTS
QUESTION BANKS
MBA PROGRAMS
REVIEWS
DEALS & DISCOUNTS
CHAT
T&C AND PRIVACY POLICY

GMAT Club Rules
Notifications (2)
Private Messages (0)
My Profile
My Error Log
Logout [ mohancrao31 ]
Close
Search
Advanced search
My posts
Unanswered
Close
GMAT Club Forum Index Ask Admissionado
Please evaluate my profile for ISB hyderabad : Ask Admissionado
Topic Discussion
Page 1 of 1

mohancrao31
1 min
Hi everyone

Please evaluate my profile for admission in ISB hyderabad

1. Work experience: 7 Years
2. Position : Senior Engineer- manufacturing engineering
3. Current Company : GreyOrange India limited (4yrs)
4. Previous company : Hyundai Motor India Limited

GMAT score : 660
Quant Q47
Verbal Q34
IR : 4

Have social work experience with Make a difference as a english teacher and mentor for underprivileged kids (2013-2016)

Do you think it is worthwhile to apply in round 1 for ISB Hyderabad. Or should i retake the GMAT and apply in dec round

Hello mohancrao31,

Thanks for writing in.

While GMAT is only one component of the applications process, it is a very important one, nonetheless.

We strongly recommend that you re-take the GMAT and aim for a score in excess of a 700. A higher GMAT score together with a well-rounded application (complete with well-written essays) will give you a competitive chance at ISB.

Hope this helps.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2019, 05:24
hi
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q150 V150

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2019, 03:26
Hi Experts,

I was loooking for some assistance in identifying the school sthat are known for Entrepreneurship and Marketing, for an Mim candidate.
S

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2019, 06:42
nishantbhatt wrote:
Hi Experts,

I was loooking for some assistance in identifying the school sthat are known for Entrepreneurship and Marketing, for an Mim candidate.

Hi nishantbhatt,

Thanks for your query.

Almost all the reputed MiM programs will be good for entrepreneurship, as well as, marketing. Your choice of schools should be based on your overall profile, GMAT score, as well as, credentials.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 620 Q46 V29

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2019, 05:54
Hi just took my exam today...650 Q48,V33 IR-5.
13+ Years experience in steel PSU. Age 35.
Xth 73.5%
XII 80%
B tech from JNTU Hyderabad 63.5%
Have been part of biking expeditions (self organised)
Trekking by YHAI (life member)
Had a stint at a start-up ...had to wrap up after an year if struggle..
Active as faculty for technical subjects both at work and outside..
Please evaluate my profile
Target schools...ISB, IIMA,B,C,I...
GMAT1- 620...

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Ask Experts' Global   [#permalink] 07 Aug 2019, 05:54

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 44 posts ] 

Ask Experts' Global

new topic post reply Update application status