GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Dec 2018, 05:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Typical Day of a UCLA MBA Student - Recording of Webinar with UCLA Adcom and Student

December 14, 2018

December 14, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Carolyn and Brett - nicely explained what is the typical day of a UCLA student. I am posting below recording of the webinar for those who could't attend this session.
  • Why Do YOU Need an MBA?

December 14, 2018

December 14, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Download Why MBA and learn how to determine your MBA goals and weave them into a compelling essay!

Calling all 2019 Haas Applicants - Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all 2019 Haas Applicants - Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2018, 03:37
I've got my interview on Tuesday. Will be spending a lot of my weekend preparing! Anyone had theirs yet?
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2018, 01:56
my status hasnt changed from "Your application has been received and you will be considered in Round 1"

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2018, 05:35
Until when do interview invites go out? Starting to get worried since decisions are less than a month away.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2018, 07:00
BNabs88 wrote:
I've got my interview on Tuesday. Will be spending a lot of my weekend preparing! Anyone had theirs yet?

I had mine last week with a current student. It was pretty relaxed, but lasted the full 45 minutes. There were a lot of behavioral questions (tell me about a time when...) that seemed designed to really measure your leadership skills. We jumped straight into those and skipped the usual "walk me through your resume", "why an MBA", "why Haas." We eventually touched on those after 15/20 minutes though.

My best advice is to know your resume and have a handful of stories ready that you can adapt to fit those behavioral questions. Good luck!!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.09

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2018, 08:18
Hi!!

Did anyone from LATAM receive an interview invitation?
I am Brazil-based, didn't hear anything here yet.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2018, 12:39
To those who are still waiting for interview invite, I did a quick look at previous years and here is what I found (See image below). Graph would've been better, perhaps next time.

Attachment:
Haas Stats.PNG
Haas Stats.PNG [ 33.24 KiB | Viewed 2019 times ]

O-N Total = Total number of invites for October-November 2018 (to date)
N-D Total = Total number of invites for November-December Period
Total = total for R1 that year
* = 4 (allegedly) fake reports

So it feels like we are only half way through the invitation process and plenty of invites are yet to be sent out!

P.S. To those who are particularly stressed, there were people on GC who got their invites in December and were ultimately accepted, and there were people who had to wait nearly two months between "Ready for Review" email and their interview invite. And yes, I had some time to kill in the airport, so I read previous year forums cover to cover! :grin:
Darden & Kenan Flagler Thread Master
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2018, 20:03
BananaNation wrote:
To those who are still waiting for interview invite, I did a quick look at previous years and here is what I found (See image below). Graph would've been better, perhaps next time.

Attachment:
Haas Stats.PNG

O-N Total = Total number of invites for October-November 2018 (to date)
N-D Total = Total number of invites for November-December Period
Total = total for R1 that year
* = 4 (allegedly) fake reports

So it feels like we are only half way through the invitation process and plenty of invites are yet to be sent out!

P.S. To those who are particularly stressed, there were people on GC who got their invites in December and were ultimately accepted, and there were people who had to wait nearly two months between "Ready for Review" email and their interview invite. And yes, I had some time to kill in the airport, so I read previous year forums cover to cover! :grin:

Haha this is great work, thank you!
Intern
Intern
S
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GMAT 3: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.73

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 05:44
Hi guys - I just received my interview invite yesterday. I had almost given up hope as I'm from a major city in the US and I figured I would have been one of the first to hear back. As such, the interview invite came as a great surprise and I'm really excited for this opportunity

Anyways, I just wanted let you all know to not lose hope yet if you have not received an interview invite. Good luck everyone :)
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 09:19
fnl2021 wrote:
BNabs88 wrote:

I had mine last week with a current student. It was pretty relaxed, but lasted the full 45 minutes. There were a lot of behavioral questions (tell me about a time when...) that seemed designed to really measure your leadership skills. We jumped straight into those and skipped the usual "walk me through your resume", "why an MBA", "why Haas." We eventually touched on those after 15/20 minutes though.

My best advice is to know your resume and have a handful of stories ready that you can adapt to fit those behavioral questions. Good luck!!

Just had mine, agree about the number of behavioural questions! I was wondering if they would ever end. I would say to everyone, prepare double to number of good behavioural answers that you have been working on (8 is probably enough if they are multi-use)

We never went on the "walk me through your resume" question, so I had to preface a few of my answers with context of the role/organisation as well.

Fingers crossed I did enough! Now the wait begins... could make or break Christmas! haha
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.09

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 10:51
jwang516 wrote:
Hi guys - I just received my interview invite yesterday. I had almost given up hope as I'm from a major city in the US and I figured I would have been one of the first to hear back. As such, the interview invite came as a great surprise and I'm really excited for this opportunity

Anyways, I just wanted let you all know to not lose hope yet if you have not received an interview invite. Good luck everyone :)

Congrats! :)
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Haas '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all 2019 Haas Applicants - Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2018, 06:39
Hi guys,

When I submitted my application, it said " Your application has been received and you will be considered in Round 1."

I received an interview invite in mid-October. When I logged onto the portal, it said congratulations you have been invited to interview or something similar right under the " Your application has been received and you will be considered in Round 1." I scheduled it for mid-November and completed it.

However, now when I log onto the portal, it has gone back to "Your application has been received and you will be considered in Round 1" and the line about the interview has gone away.

Can anyone else who interviewed confirm the same change on the portal?

Thanks a lot.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas '21 (I)

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2018, 08:01
hufflepuffer wrote:
Hi guys,

When I submitted my application, it said " Your application has been received and you will be considered in Round 1."

I received an interview invite in mid-October. When I logged onto the portal, it said congratulations you have been invited to interview or something similar right under the " Your application has been received and you will be considered in Round 1." I scheduled it for mid-November and completed it.

However, now when I log onto the portal, it has gone back to "Your application has been received and you will be considered in Round 1" and the line about the interview has gone away.

Thanks a lot.

I have already interviewed and can confirm the same change.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Haas '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2018, 08:06
helloeveryonee wrote:
hufflepuffer wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot.

I have already interviewed and can confirm the same change.

Thanks a lot for confirming. :)

I was freaking out. :facepalm:
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2018, 23:38
Any news from the Indian applicants?
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2018, 08:33
Any news from African applicants?

MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Concentration: Nonprofit
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Calling all 2019 Haas Applicants - Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2018, 09:10
snigger2793 wrote:
Any news from the Indian applicants?

snigger2793

If I were you, I would go to the Decision Tracker here and scroll through the decisions of around 130 applicants.

I see only one interview invite for an Indian applicant so far for user ashishranka94

Ferogamo wrote:
Any news from African applicants?

Ferogamo

I don't see any updates from African applicants yet. If HaaS releases its decisions geographic wise then this is a good news as no one from Africa heard back yet, atleast from decision Tracker.

The Decision Tracker can be accessed by clicking on the "Decision Tracker" tab at the top of the page.

New project wSTAT(which Schools To Apply To?)

GMATClub School Ambassador

B-School app with GRE

New - RC Butler - 2 RC's everyday

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2018, 22:58
Honestly don’t know if I’m still going to get an interview invite. It’s already November 22 and no word at all. I’m applying from Manila. Just wondering if they still send out a lot of interview invites after thanksgiving?

Darden & Kenan Flagler Thread Master
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2018, 23:02
maged1893 wrote:
Honestly don’t know if I’m still going to get an interview invite. It’s already November 22 and no word at all. I’m applying from Manila. Just wondering if they still send out a lot of interview invites after thanksgiving?

Haas sent out quite a few invites in December both last year and the year before, don't lose hope yet!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools: Haas '21 (S)
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V40

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 02:03
Amaranth wrote:
maged1893 wrote:

Haas sent out quite a few invites in December both last year and the year before, don't lose hope yet!

I haven't heard from the school as well T.T
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 20:34
Just had the alumni interview. It lasted about 70 minutes.

Some structured questions were asked first. It seemed that in every interview, they will ask these questions.
1. What's your challenges/difficulties at work?
2. What's your weakness? How did you cope with that weakness?
3. How do you resonate with "beyond yourself"?
4. What's your career goal. How do you think can Haas help with your goal?

Then some unstructured conversation regarding to the industry you want to work, and it was pretty conversational and freestyle.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all 2019 Haas Applicants - Class of 2021 &nbs [#permalink] 23 Nov 2018, 20:34

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 122 posts ] 

Calling all 2019 Haas Applicants - Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap