GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 08 Jul 2020, 03:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Broad(Michigan) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

Update application status  
Intern
Intern
P
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Broad(Michigan) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2016, 21:40
GMAT score:
Work exp:
Nature of Work:Consulting/IT/Finance etc..
International candidate: Yes/No
GPA:
R1/R2/R3:
Scholarship details:
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Broad(Michigan) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2016, 01:30
Good luck to those who got invites so far!
Yes, Broad is fast in their communication.
Intern
Intern
MBA Students Chew on Challenge with Wrigley’s Gum  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2016, 15:02
FROM Broad (Michigan State) MBA Blog: MBA Students Chew on Challenge with Wrigley’s Gum
The way consumer goods are purchased has quickly shifted from almost entirely in-person to almost entirely online. This presents a problem for products that rely on impulse buys at the checkout line, such as gum. For the folks at Wrigley, this change in the marketplace presents a challenge, and it’s that challenge that they asked Broad’s Full-Time MBA students to attempt to solve as part of Extreme Green – Building Creative Confidence, a short course designed to build creative and innovative thinking.

Winners from the Extreme Green – Building Creative Confidence course, Shruti Gupta, Tess Moreno, Marc Palazzolo, Christopher Storey, and Marc Wilson, pose with Glenn Omura, associate dean for MBA and professional master’s programs, professor Liz Bain and representatives from Wrigley.

Executives from Wrigley’s 5 Gum challenged the MBA class of 2017 to a case competition with the above situation and visited campus to hear presentations of solutions from 15 teams of students.

“The Wrigley team was most impressed by the analysis of the consumer journey presented by the winning team of Shruti Gupta, Tess Moreno, Marc Palazzolo, Christopher Storey, and Marc Wilson, who proposed a self-monitoring cell phone app that ‘knew’ when to suggest a gum purchase and facilitate an online purchase,” said Glenn Omura, associate dean for MBA and professional master’s programs.

The runner up team of Melody Buckley, Tyler Duston, Anita Hariharan, Yuxi Wei, and Nicholas Zaggy offered a way of changing consumer behavior from impulse to habitual purchasing. The third place team of Weian Huang, Ankit Jain, Joshua McAlary, Andrea Schweitzer, and Brent Walker suggested embedding packs of 5 Gum in the Candy Crush video game.

The student teams had to understand current macro trends, project them ten years into the future, and imagine what technologies might be easily accessible for business and consumer use, while drawing insights on what consumer purchasing behavior might be like and developing a futuristic perspective of what could be, Omura said.

The presentations represented the integrated efforts of three different classes: Extreme Green – Building Creative Confidence; Marketing Strategy Execution; and Management Communications.

“It was highly rewarding to see the content of what was taught in class get integrated in the students’ strategies, but most exciting was seeing the creative ideas that I would never have thought of,” Omura said.

Chris Anders, R&D global program manager at Mars, told the class the presentations reflected the kind of students Wrigley and Mars are looking to hire. “I love these proposals. These proposals fit the mold perfectly,” he said.

Extreme Green – Building Creative Confidence taught students that creativity can be reawakened and applied to solve business problems. Marketing Strategy Implementation followed up by teaching how to use creativity to find problems others do not yet perceive and solutions beyond the imagination of most. Management Communications taught them how to present the ideas with energy and purpose.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Steel Authority of India Limited
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.08
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2016, 06:20
Anybody interviewed for Round 2 yet? What do they basically ask?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.27
Calling all Broad(Michigan) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2016, 11:04
ronnie123abc wrote:

I had an interview with the Adcom member. It went on for like 14~15 min. Don't knw whether it's the standard duration or he decided that I am a waste of time and just rushed through . Basic questions : conflict situation , achievements , community service example . Questions you have already prepared for.

I don't get it . Sometimes I ace my interviews and sometimes I screw it all up. Does it happen to any of you geniuses ??

Aaaannnyywaayyss.....very very basic....but short interview....no problems at all.

Go ahead and rip them off Tiger !!
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2016, 01:32
All the best to those interviewing in R2! Here is latest on R2 interview invites and status updates by users on the forum. If you want to get tips about interview preparation, do not forget to visit our admission help desk on Wednesday. Details of these sessions given in my signature. Good luck to rest all applicants who are waiting for interview invitations.

Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.53

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2016, 06:37
Hi..Is there anyone who submitted the application in Round 2 and has not yet heard from the school. I submitted my application on 9th Jan,2016 and am yet to hear from them. My GMAT is 680 and application status is "Completed".
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2016, 04:31
Hey buddy, As far as I know, they did not invite anyone below 700 from India this year. Just in case you are in that bucket, it might be the case.
Generally broad is very fast with their stuff. I was in similar position and ended up with a ding later!

anmoltalwar1707 wrote:
Hi..Is there anyone who submitted the application in Round 2 and has not yet heard from the school. I submitted my application on 9th Jan,2016 and am yet to hear from them. My GMAT is 680 and application status is "Completed".
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 23:06
mango1banana wrote:
ronnie123abc wrote:

I had an interview with the Adcom member. It went on for like 14~15 min. Don't knw whether it's the standard duration or he decided that I am a waste of time and just rushed through . Basic questions : conflict situation , achievements , community service example . Questions you have already prepared for.

I don't get it . Sometimes I ace my interviews and sometimes I screw it all up. Does it happen to any of you geniuses ??

Aaaannnyywaayyss.....very very basic....but short interview....no problems at all.

Go ahead and rip them off Tiger !!

I had interview with Paul yesterday...he told me although we have an hour but we generally complete interview in 20 odd minutes. So, you may not have to worry :). However mine went on for half an hr and questions were similar as yours.....but as usual with interviews u feel that some questions could have been answered better....lets c wts in store... can just wait and hope for a positive outcome.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 00:27
Hi there.. am in same boat as well. 660 R2 indian it male.. how to know if they are done with sending invites..
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business - Class of 2018
GMAT 1: 570 Q47 V21
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 23:20
680 Indian IT male and submitted application on 10th Jan.

I believe its going to be a ding. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

No updates from school yet. I see all guyz with 700+ scores getting interview invites.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling all Broad(Michigan) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 00:10
ambitiousnerd wrote:
680 Indian IT male and submitted application on 10th Jan.

I believe its going to be a ding. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

No updates from school yet. I see all guyz with 700+ scores getting interview invites.
sudhashu123 wrote:
Hi there.. am in same boat as well. 660 R2 indian it male.. how to know if they are done with sending invites..

There's no real way to "know" if they are done sending invites out, though monitoring this thread will keep you informed if they do send out invites. However, with the decision date in mid-March, it may be way to early to start worrying. Keep up the hope!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2016, 05:46
Hi Guys,

Had an interview with an ADcom member on 25th Jan. He said that March 11 is the decision deadline but one can expect to hear earlier from them. Can anyone shed light on how much time, on an average, does the Adcom take in disseminating results post the interview?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
GPA: 3.6
WE: Accounting (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2016, 11:48
Hi Guys,

I am Indian Male with GMAT of 650 (Q49, V29), Chartered Accountant with 11 year of Work Ex (Worked with GlaxoSmithKline, Hersheys, General Mills, Gulf Oil).

I am applying in 3rd round...any feedback on the application.

Regards

Vish
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2016, 19:50
npthete wrote:
Hi Guys,

Had an interview with an ADcom member on 25th Jan. He said that March 11 is the decision deadline but one can expect to hear earlier from them. Can anyone shed light on how much time, on an average, does the Adcom take in disseminating results post the interview?

The results will be available on the decision date or maybe 2 days earlier. Not earlier than that.
Intern
Intern
MBA Students Earn a GM Guided Tour of International Auto Show  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 11:02
FROM Broad (Michigan State) MBA Blog: MBA Students Earn a GM Guided Tour of International Auto Show
Full-Time MBA students Jeff Smiertka, Benjamin Ervin, Dan Napier, Jared Kuehnlein, and Scott Saxton with GM’s Adam Bernard, associate director of competitive intelligence, and David Wenner, director of labor relations at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

Business case competitions within the MBA program at the Broad College of Business are about learning, and win or lose, much is gained by going through the process of identifying and working to solve a real problem for a global company. This was certainly the case when Full-Time MBA students got the chance to work with GM on imagining the future of automotive technology as part of the Extreme Green short course.

That being said, winning does come with perks.

In this case, the winners of the Extreme Green case competition were awarded a trip to the North American International Auto Show and a guided tour for a behind-the-scenes look at how GM created the technology featured at the show.

Winning team Jeff Smiertka, Benjamin Ervin, Dan Napier, Jared Kuehnlein, and Scott Saxton visited the auto show during its last weekend in Detroit and toured with GM’s Adam Bernard, associate director of competitive intelligence, and David Wenner, director of labor relations.

“As a future GM employee, I found the experience especially beneficial. Having Adam and David lead us on the tour was a unique opportunity that really enhanced the overall experience. Their endless knowledge of not only of GM’s product portfolio on display but also that of all its competitors, down to the smallest detail, was quite impressive,” Smiertka said. “It helped me better appreciate the complexities involved in this hyper-competitive industry and where it is headed in the next 10–15 years.”
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.27
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 11:54
Had my interview a few days ago....

It was my first MBA interview experience.

I would call it fairly decent, considering my amateur preparations.

The questions i was asked were
1) Why MBA? Why now? Why Broad?
2) Example for out of the box thinking?
3) Second example for the same .... (I don't know why he asked that)
4) Constructive feedback that i have ever received..
5) Any community service that i am involved in... (Which i refused coz I am not actively involved in any community service these days)

The interview lasted mere 20 minutes. I was puzzled when it was over.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2016, 04:30
Congrats Deepu for your interview. Its good to know that people are still getting the invites.
Has anyone recently got the interview invites. Anyone below 700 can share their experience.
This is a real test of patience by the way. I am checking my mails, spam/other folders multiple times everyday. :?
I am banking on my profile. I hope to get hear from the school soon. :)

660 and still staying strong 8-)
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2016, 10:05
deeepuuu wrote:
Had my interview a few days ago....

It was my first MBA interview experience.

I would call it fairly decent, considering my amateur preparations.

The questions i was asked were
1) Why MBA? Why now? Why Broad?
2) Example for out of the box thinking?
3) Second example for the same .... (I don't know why he asked that)
4) Constructive feedback that i have ever received..
5) Any community service that i am involved in... (Which i refused coz I am not actively involved in any community service these days)

The interview lasted mere 20 minutes. I was puzzled when it was over.

It is usually a short interview ~ 20 mins.
So, don't worry about it.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Marketing

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 08:25
Hi ,

I am applying to broad now. Is it necessary that our resume should be in the format that they have instructed ?
I am not able to fit my resume within 1 page then.

Regards,
Siva
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Broad(Michigan) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 19 Feb 2016, 08:25

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 218 posts ] 

Calling all Broad(Michigan) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

Update application status