GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 22 Apr 2018, 05:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Admitted
15 Mar, 2018
TravisfromAUS GMAT: 710, Q49, V37; GPA: 3.4; WE: 71 months; Australia; via Phone
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.56
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 18:04
Does Tepper only offer $ to applicants from consulting or CS?

o(╯□╰)o
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.46
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 19:07
This post received
KUDOS
yshh147 wrote:

o(╯□╰)o

I got a bit of money (20k total) and don't come from a CS or consulting background.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Multiple Decisions Reported [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2018, 02:30
Tepper DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Denied, 8 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:730 (Q50 V40), GPA: 3.5, Industry: Computer Software, WE 52, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 16 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:730 (Q50 V38), GPA: 4, Industry: Manufacturing, WE 60, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Marketing

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2018, 11:43
spiderml wrote:
yshh147 wrote:

o(╯□╰)o

I got a bit of money (20k total) and don't come from a CS or consulting background.

Same for me
Top Contributor
Director
Director
B
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2018, 18:41
Top Contributor
Congrats to all the admits and welcome to Tepper Family.

Thanks,
Kinjal
My Debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267.html#p1449379
My Application Experience : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267-40.html#p1516961
Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/kinjal-das/

Please click on Kudos, if you think the post is helpful

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.1

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 11:27
Anyone know approximately when Basecamp begins? One week before classes begin? Two weeks? Trying to plot out when I will resign, when I can fit in some travel, etc.
Top Contributor
Director
Director
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 15:20
Top Contributor
emmdash wrote:
Anyone know approximately when Basecamp begins? One week before classes begin? Two weeks? Trying to plot out when I will resign, when I can fit in some travel, etc.

Normally it is 4 weeks. You will receive the schedule soon.

Don't miss the base camp as it is an information session what you will need for the next 2 years.

Thanks,
Kinjal
My Debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267.html#p1449379
My Application Experience : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267-40.html#p1516961

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 22:45
kinjiGC wrote:

Don't miss the base camp as it is an information session what you will need for the next 2 years.

So as the semester starts from August 27th... base camp will start by end of july...?

Also do you mind giving us some insights of basecamp..? what all happen during that time..?

Top Contributor
Director
Director
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2018, 15:47
Top Contributor
Nikkb wrote:
kinjiGC wrote:

So as the semester starts from August 27th... base camp will start by end of july...?

Also do you mind giving us some insights of basecamp..? what all happen during that time..?

Normally first week of august and ends by end of august. Then Mini 1 starts.

Basecamp is all about learning about all the facets of Tepper. I am pretty sure some of you will be curious about Accelerate Leadership center, Career opportunities , Clubs, faculties, Treks. All those will be answered during the basecamp.

Some of you have talked to me and I had given a very short glimpse of Tepper life. Basecamp brings together all of those things and more.

Again, Congrats and welcome to Tepper. It has been the best 2 years of my life.

Thanks,
Kinjal

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.82
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2018, 13:20
This post received
KUDOS
kinjiGC wrote:
emmdash wrote:

Hey, I know this is off-topic, but can you comment on the recent success your classmates have had recruiting for investment banking?
Top Contributor
Director
Director
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2018, 15:03
Top Contributor
Zoomwalt wrote:
kinjiGC wrote:
emmdash wrote:

Hey, I know this is off-topic, but can you comment on the recent success your classmates have had recruiting for investment banking?

Can you connect with somebody from GFA? They can share their experience.

Thanks,
Kinjal

Current Student
B
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2018, 20:11
Congratulations to all admitted students! Welcome to the Tepper family!

Looking forward to meeting you all in August!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tepper '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V38
GPA: 3.59

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2018, 09:14
Is there a separate forum for housing?

How are you guys planning to search for housing? Id like to save $$ and live with a roommate, but have 2 cats, and realize that might be an issue for a roommate.

Anyone attending Welcome Weekend?
Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2018, 09:18
IrynaM wrote:
Is there a separate forum for housing?

How are you guys planning to search for housing? Id like to save $$ and live with a roommate, but have 2 cats, and realize that might be an issue for a roommate.

Anyone attending Welcome Weekend?

Hey IrynaM ,

There is a separate forum for this discussion. Please have a look at the below link. Thanks :)

https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 55686.html

How I improved from V21 to V40! ?

How to use this forum in THE BEST way?

New --> How ApplicantLab made me reach my 10 years long MBA dream?

Current Student
S
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 18:38
I am still struggling among different admits. A few more than that shows on my profile! Just wondering when I'd make my decision.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2018, 17:12
This post received
KUDOS
Hey guys. I need some help.

I am admitted to other similar school - rankings, costs and industry presence - similar.
I am wondering which one to choose.

So, can you please tell me, in your opinion, why Tepper is a good choice or not? That is, what are it's strengths and weaknesses?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 2.81

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 11:40
This post received
KUDOS
hiren2011 wrote:

I am admitted to other similar school - rankings, costs and industry presence - similar.

So, can you please tell me, in your opinion, why Tepper is a good choice or not? That is, what are it's strengths and weaknesses?

Have you attended any of the admitted student events?

It's hard to answer this question without really knowing about your specific goals, but if you're looking at Consulting, Finance or Tech, Tepper is a very competitive program, and is looked upon favorably by industry recruiters.

If you truly believe that all your options are pretty equal in outcomes, then go with the program that embodies a culture that closely aligns with you. You are the only person who can answer this, and I would suggest reaching out to alumni of each of these programs, gauging their responsiveness, and trying to spend some time with other admitted students.

The great thing about Tepper is that it is a small program, and provides for an intimate experience (I'm sure you know this already). Although its not on the coast, you'll find that most students end up there in any case, and have a high quality of life while students in Pittsburgh.

Again, if you believe that all these programs are pretty similar in your scoring rubric, then go with the program that makes you excited, makes you feel empowered and would make you feel like a proud graduate.
Current Student
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 18:31
PPTOMBA wrote:
hiren2011 wrote:

Have you attended any of the admitted student events?

It's hard to answer this question without really knowing about your specific goals, but if you're looking at Consulting, Finance or Tech, Tepper is a very competitive program, and is looked upon favorably by industry recruiters.

If you truly believe that all your options are pretty equal in outcomes, then go with the program that embodies a culture that closely aligns with you. You are the only person who can answer this, and I would suggest reaching out to alumni of each of these programs, gauging their responsiveness, and trying to spend some time with other admitted students.

The great thing about Tepper is that it is a small program, and provides for an intimate experience (I'm sure you know this already). Although its not on the coast, you'll find that most students end up there in any case, and have a high quality of life while students in Pittsburgh.

Again, if you believe that all these programs are pretty similar in your scoring rubric, then go with the program that makes you excited, makes you feel empowered and would make you feel like a proud graduate.

No I haven't attended any admitted weekend - can't as my project requires travel for long period of time at once on remote sites.
I totally understand where you are coming from and that 'fit' factor, gut feelings of connection should be most important in this case. And that is exactly why I put out this post.
Before, I go with my gut feelings, I just want to ensure that I am not missing any 'objective' point or others' experiences that can help me decide.
That is why I want to know what are the strengths and weaknesses of the school.
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!   [#permalink] 10 Apr 2018, 18:31

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   [ 459 posts ] 

Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: abhimahna

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap