GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 09 Dec 2019, 20:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2019, 05:49
I do think the interview is important. Basically a 2nd year student tells the adcom her/his opinion on whether you will be a good addition to the Fuqua community. The school also stresses heavily on your stats (GMAT, GPA etc) if you are from an overrepresented population.

I really wasn’t told why I was rejected. After some self reflection, I spoke to many adcom members at networking events after and was told it could have been a myriad of reasons (stats, feasibility of goals, luck, interview reports)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q800 V660
GPA: 2.5
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2019, 06:34
sn198 wrote:
I do think the interview is important. Basically a 2nd year student tells the adcom her/his opinion on whether you will be a good addition to the Fuqua community. The school also stresses heavily on your stats (GMAT, GPA etc) if you are from an overrepresented population.

I really wasn’t told why I was rejected. After some self reflection, I spoke to many adcom members at networking events after and was told it could have been a myriad of reasons (stats, feasibility of goals, luck, interview reports)

Yes, you're absolutely right. I think we would need to focus on what we bring to the community, correct? Did you also get a lot of questions on Team Fuqua and teamwork in general?
BSchool Moderator
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2019, 06:35
I know how a jerk as an interviewer feels like. Is it becoming the trend at Fuqua alum interview or what? I faced the same and am pretty sure it will lead to my denial.

All the best for this year to you!

sn198 wrote:
Probably he/she might be testing to see how you react. My interviewer did exactly that last year. I just smiled when he said that towards the end of the interview and again when he walked me out. In my opinion he was a jerk, but couldn’t tell that to his face. I was eventually waitlisted and then rejected.

Hopefully I get an interviewer who is more easy to connect with this time.

BSchool Moderator
P
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2019, 06:38
sn198 wrote:

Aren't stats and feasibility of goals the things that get us an interview in the first place. Do you think they will again go through all of that..?

One more thing. What did you answer to if Fuqua was your first choice? My interviewer was very interested in this answer. I felt that was the most important part of the interview. I maybe wrong. Even after I sent him the thank you note, he replied as " Thankyou for making Fuqua your first choice". It, in fact, is my first choice.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2019, 09:25
From what I know, 2-3 readers make the interview decision but the entire committee sits together to make final decisions. Just because 1 adcom bought your story doesn’t mean everyone else will.

I was given a good piece of advice at the start of the year. Until you get an actual offer, every school you apply to is your top school. Hope this helps.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2019, 03:33
Any intel on when can we expect to hear on waitlist status
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2019, 09:28
Has anyone here done student outreach to the ambassadors on their site? Unfortunately there aren't any contact details, so I'm wondering how we're expected to connect with them? LinkedIn messages?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Duke '22 (II)

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2019, 09:59
If you click on their names, it will take you to a brief profile page of the ambassador and their email address is on that page.

hollygolightly wrote:
Has anyone here done student outreach to the ambassadors on their site? Unfortunately there aren't any contact details, so I'm wondering how we're expected to connect with them? LinkedIn messages?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2019, 09:34
Fuqua students have been incredibly responsive and helpful when I've reached out to them. Every student got back to me within 48 hours and a two of them followed up with me on their own to ask about my interview. Would definitely recommend connecting with them!

You can click on their picture or all their emails are simply firstname.lastname@duke.edu. If they are on the site, they'll likely be more than willing to respond to you.

ricyan11 wrote:
If you click on their names, it will take you to a brief profile page of the ambassador and their email address is on that page.

hollygolightly wrote:

Thanks!
BSchool Moderator
P
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2019, 19:00
Hi people,

Any Fuqua hopeful got a mail...?

I got the following mail...

"The Daytime MBA Round 1 decision release date is almost here! We are checking in with all applicants to confirm you do wish to receive your admission decision on December 18. If your plans have changed or you have committed to another school and you would like to withdraw your application to Fuqua, just let us know by replying to application-processing@fuqua.duke.edu by December 16, 2019. To receive your decision via email next week, no further action is required at this time"

Can early admits please confirm if it means or does not mean anything...?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2019, 20:16
As it says , they have sent it to "all applicants". I wouldnt read into it a lot.

All efforts to increase the yield

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2019, 23:22
redskull1 wrote:
Hi people,

Any Fuqua hopeful got a mail...?

I got the following mail...

"The Daytime MBA Round 1 decision release date is almost here! We are checking in with all applicants to confirm you do wish to receive your admission decision on December 18. If your plans have changed or you have committed to another school and you would like to withdraw your application to Fuqua, just let us know by replying to application-processing@fuqua.duke.edu by December 16, 2019. To receive your decision via email next week, no further action is required at this time"

Can early admits please confirm if it means or does not mean anything...?

Hi, I've got the mail too.

According to the last sentence, "To receive your decision via email next week, no further action is required at this time.", I was just wondering whether they release the final decision via email next week.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2019, 23:59
redskull1 wrote:

Doesn't it sound like an effort to improve their yield?

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2019, 14:00
Did waitlisted applicants also get that email?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2019, 17:58
toby8891 wrote:
Did waitlisted applicants also get that email?

I didn't get it - I think it was for R1 applicants only
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022   [#permalink] 07 Dec 2019, 17:58

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   [ 255 posts ] 

Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: RicAssassin, vinayakvaish