GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Nov 2019, 07:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2015, 14:23
I just submitted mine!

All the best guys!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V34
GPA: 3.76
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2015, 15:17
Submitted last night!!! All the best guys!!! :) My first application ! so many more to come :D
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2015, 22:51
Submitted in the nick of time. Now time to pray.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2015, 23:13
I'll post similar advice given to other applicants at other schools:

Emory is very receptive to applicants. If you have a problem or concern, reach out. Everyone there is happy to help. More so than most.

To all applicants: relax. Put your best face forward. Be yourself. If your application is in, there is nothing further you can do. Enjoy the experience-- if admitted, share with those around you what made you successful. If not, do your best to learn from the experience in your next round of applications. No person is an island.

The point is that you felt strongly about your background, your strengths, and your ability to share at a top-tier business school. Have a beer, take a breath, and focus on what is important to you, personally, while your application is considered.

Best of luck to all. Keep perspective. Take reality on reality's terms.

Good Luck, Folks.

TCC
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2015, 07:42
SohamDutta wrote:
Have my interview scheduled for tomorrow. Will update you guys with the interview details once I am done. Hope all of you are invited, especially after putting in so much effort.

Hey ...Congratzzz and best of luck... :) :)
can you tell when did you submit your app, I did it on the second last day and hvn't heard a word from thm as of now... :( ..
Now i've started giving up on Emory..
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2015, 08:36
jugglerG2 wrote:
Ralphcuisak wrote:
jugglerG2 wrote:
So... funny and embarrassing thing happened today.

Received a mail from Emory asking about my essays, they are saying that I have uploaded my resume twice instead of Essays :oops: . I am pretty sure I have not committed such a blunder because I have checked all my applications at least thrice before submitting :shock: :? , could this be related to the system migration they had been doing? If not, am I at any disadvantage now, even when I have sent my essays to them via mail when they asked? :?: :?: :?: :?:

This or that, at least I am happy to know that they had not reviewed my application till now and will do it now, fingers crossed now. If at all it happens, it has to happen this week or early next week. :)
I think you'll be fine.
I'm happy knowing they are still reviewing applications so there is some hope.I had spent an inordinate amount of time infatuated with Emory, expecting an interview invite at least.
:p

Ralphcuisak, interview invite is all I am waiting for now.

Dear xxx,

Thank you for completing your application for the Goizueta Business School. We have now received all required materials and we look forward to reviewing your completed application. Your admission decision will be released on the notification date stated on our website.

We’ll be in touch soon!

Thank you,
MBA Admissions
Goizueta Business School
Emory University

got this yesterday!!
all is not lost!!
#waitContinues
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.23

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2015, 08:51
Hey, I submitted my application yesterday and even though I paid the application fee, the status says that it has not been received yet. This is my first business school application so I am not sure whether it is something to be concerned about or not. Friends who submitted their application yesterday, please help and let me know if you guys faced the same problem?
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2015, 09:03
Pasha737 wrote:
Hey, I submitted my application yesterday and even though I paid the application fee, the status says that it has not been received yet. This is my first business school application so I am not sure whether it is something to be concerned about or not. Friends who submitted their application yesterday, please help and let me know if you guys faced the same problem?

I faced the same issue and it got resolved almost immediately. You should reach out to mbaapplication@emory.edu and they will hopefully resolve the issue in an hour or two!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2015, 09:27
tewanimanish wrote:
Pasha737 wrote:

I faced the same issue and it got resolved almost immediately. You should reach out to mbaapplication@emory.edu and they will hopefully resolve the issue in an hour or two!

All the R1 applicants faced this problem. It takes at least 2 or 3 days in most cases. You should have got an email confirmation. So relax! :)

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2015, 12:10
rajeshrkv ..When did you submit your application?

Guys,

I had submitted on Oct. 9th deadline and have not received any such mail. Did all of you receive a mail stating that Emory had received the submitted documents and will start reviewing the application. It has been a radio silence for me since submission. Can any noble soul throw some light?
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2015, 12:14
TameTheGMAT wrote:
rajeshrkv ..When did you submit your application?

Guys,

I had submitted on Oct. 9th deadline and have not received any such mail. Did all of you receive a mail stating that Emory had received the submitted documents and will start reviewing the application. It has been a radio silence for me since submission. Can any noble soul throw some light?

as far as i remember a day before the deadline......this extended silence is killing me man!!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2015, 12:19
A day before i.e 8th Oct. Although I submitted on Oct 9th, my application was competed on Oct.16th because of my lazy recommendor. Well, this 20th Nov Interview deadline is scaring me the most. I believe no advantage of applying early to priority schools.
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 04:27
TameTheGMAT wrote:
A day before i.e 8th Oct. Although I submitted on Oct 9th, my application was competed on Oct.16th because of my lazy recommendor. Well, this 20th Nov Interview deadline is scaring me the most. I believe no advantage of applying early to priority schools.

any good news mate??
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 04:32
No buddy. Probably, will call the adcom this morning. How about you..any luck?
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 04:35
no luck here as well :(
this is wrong!!
let us know what the adcom says!!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 04:39
Sure thing.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 11:30
Just a quick check. Where do you guys check your application status?
https://mbaadmissions.emory.edu/apply/status OR OPUS portal?
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 12:17
TameTheGMAT wrote:
Just a quick check. Where do you guys check your application status?
https://mbaadmissions.emory.edu/apply/status OR OPUS portal?

they have changed their application portal this year, now opus is not applicable for applicants. But in case you, like me, submitted the application using the
previous portal, you might have received links for opus.
Few days back, I interacted with adcom and they confirmed me that my application will be transferred to the new portal and in case all documents are received will be considered for Round 1.

Within few days I got a mail with instruction for how to use the new portal. and in general most of the people use the link you gave.

hope this helps!!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 12:52
So just had a word with Adcom regarding my application and seems like I am getting a ding on Dec 3rd. The lady from adcom confirmed that my application is compete and has been reviewed. I also clarified with her the Nov 20th date. So, those who are still waiting for an invite, my good wishes but things aren't looking good fellas as only 4 days are left. Sit tight guys. Good Luck!!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 13:08
:cry: :cry: :cry:
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 16 Nov 2015, 13:08

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  27    Next  [ 528 posts ] 

Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: RicAssassin