GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Nov 2019, 16:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2015, 03:41
I am also waiting for the interview invite... Is there any hope left for it or it's done... :(
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2015, 06:00
jugglerG2 wrote:
Any folks in South East Asia/India received invites recently?

Wonder the same... Emory is the only school i have not received invitation.
Manager
Manager
Status: Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2015, 17:40
So... funny and embarrassing thing happened today.

Received a mail from Emory asking about my essays, they are saying that I have uploaded my resume twice instead of Essays :oops: . I am pretty sure I have not committed such a blunder because I have checked all my applications at least thrice before submitting :shock: :? , could this be related to the system migration they had been doing? If not, am I at any disadvantage now, even when I have sent my essays to them via mail when they asked? :?: :?: :?: :?:

This or that, at least I am happy to know that they had not reviewed my application till now and will do it now, fingers crossed now. If at all it happens, it has to happen this week or early next week. :)

--------------------------------------------------
Consider Kudos if I helped in some way!!!

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2015, 18:44
I'm starting to give up on Emory. Haven't heard a peep from them. I'm starting to feel like most in which I'd rather they tell me I'm denied admission rather than holding onto that small sliver of hope I'll receive an invite hahaha!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2015, 23:43
Anyone for the 13th November round? I just hit submit!
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2015, 01:35
SnakeEyes wrote:
Anyone for the 13th November round? I just hit submit!

Yep, submitted the application yesterday. Waiting for one of the recommendation though!
Best of luck :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.84
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2015, 04:43
jugglerG2 wrote:

Received a mail from Emory asking about my essays, they are saying that I have uploaded my resume twice instead of Essays :oops: . I am pretty sure I have not committed such a blunder because I have checked all my applications at least thrice before submitting :shock: :? , could this be related to the system migration they had been doing? If not, am I at any disadvantage now, even when I have sent my essays to them via mail when they asked? :?: :?: :?: :?:

This or that, at least I am happy to know that they had not reviewed my application till now and will do it now, fingers crossed now. If at all it happens, it has to happen this week or early next week. :)
I think you'll be fine.
I'm happy knowing they are still reviewing applications so there is some hope.I had spent an inordinate amount of time infatuated with Emory, expecting an interview invite at least.
:p
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2015, 07:44
I wrote to Emory requesting an early intimation of my result as I have to pay my deposit to Rotman by 5th December. Here is the response I got from Tanya:

Thank you for your application and your email.

I understand your situation and wanted you to know that we are currently processing the Round 1 applications. We expect to have them completed by the end of November. You should hear from someone in the coming weeks. I’m sorry I can’t give you an exact date.

I hope this information is helpful. If there is anything else I can do to help, please let me know.

What is your view guys? Do you think I should start working towards paying my Rotman deposit?

I like the US to the Canada though I have the risk of visa as I believe Emory would help me get the job I want though I am not a big fan of Emory's lecture method.

At the same time I like Rotman's teaching methods, the wonderful students and Toronto city while I think I will hate the cold and lesser opportunities!

What would you do if you were me and why?

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Reviews Badge
Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2015, 08:00
AdmitJA wrote:
I wrote to Emory requesting an early intimation of my result as I have to pay my deposit to Rotman by 5th December. Here is the response I got from Tanya:

I understand your situation and wanted you to know that we are currently processing the Round 1 applications. We expect to have them completed by the end of November. You should hear from someone in the coming weeks. I’m sorry I can’t give you an exact date.

I hope this information is helpful. If there is anything else I can do to help, please let me know.

What is your view guys? Do you think I should start working towards paying my Rotman deposit?

I like the US to the Canada though I have the risk of visa as I believe Emory would help me get the job I want though I am not a big fan of Emory's lecture method.

At the same time I like Rotman's teaching methods, the wonderful students and Toronto city while I think I will hate the cold and lesser opportunities!

As you mentioned, Rotman will give you until Dec 5 to send the deposit. I think Emory renders their decisions on December 3rd, which gives you 4 weeks from now to figure out what you're going to do. The only thing that could complicate things would be scholarship, but it seems like you should have the right information in front of you to make a decision now and execute it in early December when the time is right.
Manager
Manager
Status: Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2015, 08:07
Ralphcuisak wrote:
jugglerG2 wrote:

I think you'll be fine.
I'm happy knowing they are still reviewing applications so there is some hope.I had spent an inordinate amount of time infatuated with Emory, expecting an interview invite at least.
:p

Ralphcuisak, interview invite is all I am waiting for now.

--------------------------------------------------
Consider Kudos if I helped in some way!!!

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2015, 08:13
Have my interview scheduled for tomorrow. Will update you guys with the interview details once I am done. Hope all of you are invited, especially after putting in so much effort.
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2015, 11:45
AdmitJA wrote:

Did you try asking Rotman to push back the deposit deadline? Just say politely that you'd need more time to evaluate your options as some of the decisions are released very close to the deposit deadline at Rotman. You could also say that financial aid is an important part of your decision making process (only if they haven't offered a lot of $$$).

If I were you, I'd like to at least know my options before fully commiting to a program, but your timeline is just so tight!
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 14 Nov 2015, 20:33
Received the interview invitation several hours ago.
I guess all uninvited applicants will receive invitation this week. Otherwise, it must be a ding.
But again, keep your fingers crossed

Originally posted by Scarlett166 on 11 Nov 2015, 17:52.
Last edited by Scarlett166 on 14 Nov 2015, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2015, 09:46
The deadline for RD1 interviews is NOV20th? I tried to find where you got that date from?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Human Resources
Schools: Madison '18
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2015, 10:01
Yayayo wrote:
The deadline for RD1 interviews is NOV20th? I tried to find where you got that date from?

It was there in the interview mail that Emory sent.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2015, 10:05
Probably why I don't know, didn't get an invite hah
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V38

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2015, 11:39
Submitted yesterday for consideration by the Nov 13 deadline. Checklist still shows App Fee and GMAT report pending, despite both being fulfilled. Not a problem, I trust?
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2015, 11:55
sacman wrote:
Submitted yesterday for consideration by the Nov 13 deadline. Checklist still shows App Fee and GMAT report pending, despite both being fulfilled. Not a problem, I trust?

Nope. They should process your application during the next few days and then you will receive an email saying that your application is complete and has been sent to adcom to be reviewed.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2015, 12:21
Just got done with my interview, my first MBA interview ever. Was scheduled with Katie Lloyd. Had a great experience. Very friendly and nothing to be stressed about.

Questions were :
Tell me about yourself?
Why MBA? Why Goizueta?
Leadership experience?
What would your peers or your manager comment about you?
What would your friends, in an informal setting, comment about you?
Tell me something unique about you?

Had a bit of an informal chat at the end which was really a stress buster.
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2015, 04:21
SohamDutta wrote:
Just got done with my interview, my first MBA interview ever. Was scheduled with Katie Lloyd. Had a great experience. Very friendly and nothing to be stressed about.

Questions were :
Tell me about yourself?
Why MBA? Why Goizueta?
Leadership experience?
What would your peers or your manager comment about you?
What would your friends, in an informal setting, comment about you?
Tell me something unique about you?

Had a bit of an informal chat at the end which was really a stress buster.

Thank you for the update Soham. I have mine scheduled for 20th Nov. All the best!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 13 Nov 2015, 04:21

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  27    Next  [ 528 posts ] 

Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: RicAssassin