GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Nov 2019, 13:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 21:29
So, I finally pulled up the courage to ask the AdCom directly about the status of my candidacy and I was told that they are still reviewing applications and expect to finish by end of November. So, not losing hope yet :)

Good luck, guys.

TameTheGMAT wrote:
So just had a word with Adcom regarding my application and seems like I am getting a ding on Dec 3rd. The lady from adcom confirmed that my application is compete and has been reviewed. I also clarified with her the Nov 20th date. So, those who are still waiting for an invite, my good wishes but things aren't looking good fellas as only 4 days are left. Sit tight guys. Good Luck!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.84
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 10:38
There is an immense need for schools to be more transparent and communicative in this process. I'm literally going nuts in this experience, I applaud reapplicants..
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2015, 13:24
Hi everyone,
I submitted my application on 9th November and could see all green ticks on the application portal on 13th November once my recos were submitted. But, I received the following e-mail today, 5 days after the deadline.

Email:"Thank you for completing your application for the Goizueta Business School. We have now received all required materials and we look forward to reviewing your completed application. Your admission decision will be released on the notification date stated on our website."

Was I supposed to receive this e-mail before the November 13th deadline or is everyone receiving this e-mail a few days after submitting the application.
TIA
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2015, 13:51
Manish24 wrote:
Hi everyone,
I submitted my application on 9th November and could see all green ticks on the application portal on 13th November once my recos were submitted. But, I received the following e-mail today, 5 days after the deadline.

Email:"Thank you for completing your application for the Goizueta Business School. We have now received all required materials and we look forward to reviewing your completed application. Your admission decision will be released on the notification date stated on our website."

Was I supposed to receive this e-mail before the November 13th deadline or is everyone receiving this e-mail a few days after submitting the application.
TIA

Don't worry, I'd say that's perfectly normal. I received that same email a few days after submitting my application, and that was way ahead of the deadline (early November).
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2015, 18:13
I had a reply slightly earlier than the deadline. Relax. As said before: everyone there is busy yet attentive. 24-48 hours matters little in the big scheme of a top tier education. Let them power through. Other schools haven't addressed their R1 or EA applicants yet. Watch some Netflix and trust your application. Of all the schools to which I have applied, Emory is the most responsive. Reach out if you are nervous: it shows your commitment to the school. Unless you're not. Gauntlet lain. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2015, 21:33
Phew. Finally. Invited.

lav4 wrote:
So, I finally pulled up the courage to ask the AdCom directly about the status of my candidacy and I was told that they are still reviewing applications and expect to finish by end of November. So, not losing hope yet :)

Good luck, guys.

TameTheGMAT wrote:
So just had a word with Adcom regarding my application and seems like I am getting a ding on Dec 3rd. The lady from adcom confirmed that my application is compete and has been reviewed. I also clarified with her the Nov 20th date. So, those who are still waiting for an invite, my good wishes but things aren't looking good fellas as only 4 days are left. Sit tight guys. Good Luck!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2015, 22:03
Good luck lav4! I hope I get it soon too..
:)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2015, 22:16
Hi.. I am an international applicant. Is it too late for me to apply now given that the preferred deadline was round 2? Are my chances of getting admitted significantly low if I apply now?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2015, 09:59
Congrats!

Just curious, when will you interview?

lav4 wrote:
Phew. Finally. Invited.

lav4 wrote:

Good luck, guys.

TameTheGMAT wrote:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2015, 11:07
lav4 wrote:
Phew. Finally. Invited.

lav4 wrote:

Good luck, guys.

TameTheGMAT wrote:

Congrats Bro..What about the 20th Nov Deadline..Whats the last date for the available slots showing up..
May I ask whats your workex (Years & Sector)?
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2015, 07:27
It's the 20th today, no invite yet.... now I see why it's better to fire someone on a friday haha.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.23

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2015, 10:04
Hey, when do people who applied in R2 start getting interview invites?
Any idea friends?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GPA: 3.1
WE: Science (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2015, 12:05
it should be after December 3rd i believe. Anyone applying for the one year program ?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GPA: 3.1
WE: Science (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2015, 12:05
it should be after December 3rd i believe. Anyone applying for the one year program ?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2015, 22:16
Waiting game starts! Such a long week ahead.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2015, 23:26
Still waiting for an invite. Holding on by "no news is good news".
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2015, 06:36
For people who applied in R1 and were invited for an interview, roughly how long after you submitted your application did Emory get in touch with you?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2015, 07:26
I wrote to GBS on 23rd Nov asking for the status of my application. I received a response stating "We are still processing applications and interviews are still in progress."
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2015, 11:03
vinod332002 wrote:
For people who applied in R1 and were invited for an interview, roughly how long after you submitted your application did Emory get in touch with you?

I submitted the week of the R1 deadline and got the interview invite about a week later.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2015, 13:38
ChefMan wrote:
vinod332002 wrote:

I submitted the week of the R1 deadline and got the interview invite about a week later.

I also submitted the week of R1 deadline. Got an interview invite on November 9 and interviewed on November 18.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 25 Nov 2015, 13:38

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  27    Next  [ 528 posts ] 

Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: RicAssassin