GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Sep 2018, 18:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all IIM Ahmadabad PGPX Applicants (2019 Intake; Class of 2020)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
GPA: 4
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmadabad PGPX Applicants (2019 Intake; Class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 12:42
URGENT HELP ruwithrdx

I was reviewing my final application and I saw 2 major concerns:

1. BENEFITS GAINED section of career improvement is not able to take 'ENTER' command. Instead of ENTER, some weird alphabets and symbols are coming. This is completely distorting the alignment of the content.

2. We can no where put the apostrophe symbol ('). This is again distorting the meaning.

Request to kindly look into this urgently. Major content areas of the application is getting affected because of this. Please help.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmadabad PGPX Applicants (2019 Intake; Class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 12:48
pikolo2510 wrote:
Hey ruwithrdx,

Does the school check with the reporting manager during the interview process or after the applicant is admitted?

If its the former then it is not at all good from an applicant's perspective. The candidate can potentially be fired if the company get to know this info

Let me know your thoughts

After admission. But my question is, why would you give the name of a person as reference who would actually report you if IIM calls? Suggest that you rethink your list of references. Also, tell them personally about your application.

Regards

Subhankar
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 12:52
ashishbansal wrote:
Hello Guys,

Do we have to submit resume in PGPX application? I do not see anything being mentioned for resume in the application. Or do we have to upload in the relevant documents section in employment tab?

Also, what about the achievements certificates? would it affect candidature if we do not upload?

There was a place to upload a page resume in our time, most likely after interview shortlists were out. So, you can put that off for the time being. But it will come soon if your application is shortlisted.
If you don't have some achievement certificates now, don't upload them. Upload those documents that you have. Rest you can show at the time of interview.

Regards
Subhankar
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 12:55
GoodGuy wrote:
URGENT HELP ruwithrdx

1. BENEFITS GAINED section of career improvement is not able to take 'ENTER' command. Instead of ENTER, some weird alphabets and symbols are coming. This is completely distorting the alignment of the content.

2. We can no where put the apostrophe symbol ('). This is again distorting the meaning.

Request to kindly look into this urgently. Major content areas of the application is getting affected because of this. Please help.

Same technical snag happened in my time also, and even I was equally concerned. But see, I got selected. So, for those boxes don't worry about formatting. To be on the safe side, just shoot a mail to pgpxoffice (pgpx@iima.ac.in) stating your concern and attach a screenshot. Let me assure you, your candidature won't be affected because of it.

All the best
Regards
Subhankar
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 12:56
GoodGuy: I am facing the same issue in the employment section tab. In the section roles and responsibilities whatever I write does not reflect on the screen. Cursor just does not move. I have written only 15 character till now in that section. Kindly help ruwithrdx
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 12:57
abgraphy wrote:
ruwithrdx wrote:
So that the school can verify if what you are stating about your work experience and achievements are true. Mainly for checks and balances.
10th should be fine. Worked last year.
Regards
Subhankar

Posted from my mobile device
do they ask it while shortlisting the profile ?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Don't think so, but you never know if policies have changed this year.
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 13:01
ruwithrdx wrote:

Same technical snag happened in my time also, and even I was equally concerned. But see, I got selected. So, for those boxes don't worry about formatting. To be on the safe side, just shoot a mail to pgpxoffice (pgpx@iima.ac.in) stating your concern and attach a screenshot. Let me assure you, your candidature won't be affected because of it.

All the best
Regards
Subhankar

This is a scary situation. The whole meaning of the content is getting diluted if it is not in proper sense. Tough to express the impact of any achievement/learning this way.
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 13:03
ashishbansal wrote:
GoodGuy: I am facing the same issue in the employment section tab. In the section roles and responsibilities whatever I write does not reflect on the screen. Cursor just does not move. I have written only 15 character till now in that section. Kindly help ruwithrdx

Don't use enter, use space. Send a mail to PGPX office (pgpx@iima.ac.in) stating your problem (if possible, attach screenshot. not a must) and move on.
Even if you don't send the mail, it's okay, someone else will.
Trust me, formatting won't affect your application.

Regards
Subhankar
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 13:03
Do certificates such as employee of the quarter are checked by the college? I have got the awards but do not have certificate with me. Although, my refrences can vouch me for that.
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 13:05
GoodGuy wrote:
ruwithrdx wrote:

All the best
Regards
Subhankar

This is a scary situation. The whole meaning of the content is getting diluted if it is not in proper sense. Tough to express the impact of any achievement/learning this way.

Do one thing, number them. Demo:-
(1)This is an achievement I am proud of (2)This is another I am also proud of
and so on.

By the way, don't use hi fi browsers. Use chrome or edge or safari(safari bit risky). Basically, something common.
Regards
Subhankar
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 13:08
ashishbansal wrote:
Do certificates such as employee of the quarter are checked by the college? I have got the awards but do not have certificate with me. Although, my refrences can vouch me for that.

Then it's fine. Just mention this (no certificate given but references can vouch for me) if there is space for it in that section.
Regards
Subhankar
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GRE 1: Q170 V150
GPA: 3.7
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 14:04
GoodGuy wrote:
URGENT HELP ruwithrdx

Same (Like (1) ) must be happening for international experience as well ( If you are adding to it). Can't do much about it i guess. I tried other ways also but it doesn't work.

Help is appreciated
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 14:09
I tried Chrome & Firefox and surprisingly the alignment is completely different in both the browsers. This is quite weird and strange.
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge
Calling all IIM Ahmadabad PGPX Applicants (2019 Intake; Class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 14:21
GoodGuy wrote:
I tried Chrome & Firefox and surprisingly the alignment is completely different in both the browsers. This is quite weird and strange.

Those minor things keep happening. It won’t hamper your application.

Regards
Subhankar

Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 14:23
sankalpJawas wrote:
GoodGuy wrote:
URGENT HELP ruwithrdx

Same (Like (1) ) must be happening for international experience as well ( If you are adding to it). Can't do much about it i guess. I tried other ways also but it doesn't work.

Help is appreciated

Don’t worry about it. Your chances won’t be hampered because of it.

All the best
Regards

Subhankar

BSchool Forum Moderator
P
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 21:38
ruwithrdx wrote:
pikolo2510 wrote:
Hey ruwithrdx,

Does the school check with the reporting manager during the interview process or after the applicant is admitted?

If its the former then it is not at all good from an applicant's perspective. The candidate can potentially be fired if the company get to know this info

Let me know your thoughts

After admission. But my question is, why would you give the name of a person as reference who would actually report you if IIM calls? Suggest that you rethink your list of references. Also, tell them personally about your application.

Regards

Subhankar

I kinda disagree here. There is no information given that this for a reference check. There is a possibility that a good reference can be given by someone else who is not my manager. Also reference check is limited to the current company only.

I think the college should check only if the candidate is comfortable or after the candidate has taken the admission and communicated the same in the company.

Anyways, I will call up and speak to the PGPX committee

My journey From 410 to 700 :-)
Here's my experience when I faced a glitch in my GMAT Exam
Don't do this mistake when you give your GMATPrep Mock!
NEW GMATPrep software analysis by Bunuel

BSchool Forum Moderator
P
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 21:40
For all those who are seeing u know characters in their text.

Please ignore them and continue. The unknown characters such as '\n or \r' are nothing but code which is showing up on the UI. It's a bug

Ignore those stuff and go ahead

My journey From 410 to 700 :-)
Here's my experience when I faced a glitch in my GMAT Exam
Don't do this mistake when you give your GMATPrep Mock!
NEW GMATPrep software analysis by Bunuel

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IIMA
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 22:15
I do not see a section to fill school education details ... I hope I am correct I have just filled in My B.E details

Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 22:40
abgraphy wrote:
I do not see a section to fill school education details ... I hope I am correct I have just filled in My B.E details

Only graduation details are required.

Sent from my XT1033 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IIMA
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 22:52
GoodGuy wrote:
abgraphy wrote:

Only graduation details are required.

Sent from my XT1033 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
thanks

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmadabad PGPX Applicants (2019 Intake; Class of 2020) &nbs [#permalink] 04 Sep 2018, 22:52

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 135 posts ] 

Calling all IIM Ahmadabad PGPX Applicants (2019 Intake; Class of 2020)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap