GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Aug 2018, 16:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 00:12
adityapuri wrote:
Just to help everyone else like me who is wondering when the invites would come in - I called the admissions and was informed invites will only be sent 5-7 days before your respective location interview dates which are as follows:
Delhi - 20 -22 November
Hyderabad - Every weekend
Mohali - Not yet scheduled
Bangalore/Mumbai - 27-28 November

Cheers! :)

adityapuri, from where did you get the tentative interview dates for Round 1?
When I called up ISB Admissions, they told me hadn't taken out the schedule yet... Only that the dates of 1st Nov to 10th Dec are on the website and that the interviews will be in Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mohali and Kolkata
Thanks! :)
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 00:19
ptecks wrote:
adityapuri wrote:
Just to help everyone else like me who is wondering when the invites would come in - I called the admissions and was informed invites will only be sent 5-7 days before your respective location interview dates which are as follows:
Delhi - 20 -22 November

When I called up ISB Admissions, they told me hadn't taken out the schedule yet... Only that the dates of 1st Nov to 10th Dec are on the website and that the interviews will be in Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mohali and Kolkata

As my post mentions, "Admissions committee".
Manager
Manager
B
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 10:45
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
AA2014 wrote:
Hi ankur,

Can u plz give some tips for interview prep

The entire ISB preparation Kit (prepared over a period of time), is given here ISB kit.

Besides maybe you could also share how you're preparing for the interview. Others may also benefit or could give suggestions for improvement. :-D

Actually I haven't really started on with PI prep coz as suggested I'm having a 5 day break that ends today. So, thanks for ur help and yes, if i'll have a beneficial method of prep i will surely share it with all.

Thanks for reading.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 12:18
adityapuri wrote:
ptecks wrote:
adityapuri wrote:
Delhi - 20 -22 November

Not the Admissions committee.... They'll never answer the phone or emails. This menial task is delegated to the admissions office. This wonderful office, full of wonderful administrative assistants, tries to answer our endless queries!!!

Anyway, the invites will come when they come. Tearing out hair will only make us bald!!!

All the best folks. Fingers crossed!!!

My GMAT Debrief | My ISB 2015 Interview

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 12:39
Quote:

Not the Admissions committee.... They'll never answer the phone or emails. This menial task is delegated to the admissions office. This wonderful office, full of wonderful administrative assistants, tries to answer our endless queries!!!

Anyway, the invites will come when they come. Tearing out hair will only make us bald!!!

Okay - so to correct it - I called the admissions office - and I assumed it was someone from the committee. But I could be wrong - so yes it is "Admissions office" if you may.
MBA Decoder Admissions Consultant
P

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2015, 11:16
adityapuri wrote:
Quote:

Okay - so to correct it - I called the admissions office - and I assumed it was someone from the committee. But I could be wrong - so yes it is "Admissions office" if you may.

yes! ISB has an admissions committee and an admissions team...both are separate ... :-D

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772, +91(80) 40931397
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

SERVICES| PROFILE DISCUSSION | BLOG

Manager
Manager
ISB : A transformational journey  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2015, 00:00
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: ISB : A transformational journey
— By Peter Paul, Co 2016

Hailing from a small hill-station town in Tamil Nadu called Kodaikanal, I did my entire schooling from the Kodaikanal International School where diversity is the key to the overall learning experience. I then went on to do my B.E. Mechanical Engineering in Chennai; post which I joined Signode India Ltd. (Formerly ITW India Ltd.) where I honed my skills on post production logistics capability issues.

After having worked for 5+ years, one gains a multitude of skills and depth of knowledge. However, fundamentally this human capital lacks structure. The Post Graduate Programme, to me, is a tool that broadly aligns my past personal and professional experiences to a thought process that is geared towards delivery, while putting me in a high pressure environment.  With an India focused career map, I started looking at the value proposition of different regional business schools and ISB was the natural choice in terms of right mix of course rigor, peer group experience, faculty diversity and overall learning experience.

The holistic learning from peers inside and outside the class provides the greatest substitute for what to expect from a more globalized work environment. ISB’s PGP is designed to push the students to the limit which enables them to maintain rationality during stressful decision making. My experience of being the President of the Graduate Student Board made me realise that 550 of some of the smartest people in India believe in me to add value to the experience they are about to have. And, that is humbling.

The one year at ISB is transformational. Not only did I have the opportunity to learn from some of world’s most influential professors, but also had my thoughts tested and challenged by a diverse pool of peers.

Other things that I learnt from my experience, include:

• people with work experience come with clear expectations and rise to be extremely capable leaders within the student government.
  • autonomy is a more power tool than control in a setting that is driven purely by motivation
  • when you gain the trust of your class, never let them down, even if it calls for sleepless nights and more sacrifice on your part. It is the only goodwill you can ever own.
The programme is unique in that it’s a one year program with next to minimal overlap between the subsequent batches. This essentially means that, though there is an underlying ISB culture, each class also has its unique culture. The current class is extremely collaborative and tight knit. They are extremely driven, but they do not compromise the relationships they are forging here for their own self gain. Therefore, it is safe to say that the student culture at ISB is un-paralleled.

One thing I am certain about tomorrow in ISB is that I will learn something new which may happen in the class or outside.  So, at the ISB you are in a constant state of transformation and the rate at which it happens is based on how involved you would like to be.  It is due to this constant learning experience that I love being here at ISB.  

The PGP at ISB is not just a fantastic learning platform for business acumen, but it is also a holistic experience that will test your strengths and transform your weaknesses to the extent that you will confidently be able to tackle any challenge the world can throw at you.  Your opportunities are endless in ISB and 24 hours in a day may not seem enough, but your level of passion for what you do here can transform 24 into 48.  Therefore, when you come to ISB view the entire experience as your learning, allow your thoughts to be challenged and decide to take on tasks that will build you. Be passionate about what you are doing now, at work and show it in your essays. Also, know clearly what you want to do while in, and post ISB and showcase that in your year of transformation.

In the end, I’d like to quote Mr.Steve Jobs and say “The people who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world are the ones who do!”

– Peter Paul is the President, Graduate Student Board, PGP Class of 2016.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Intern
Intern
ISB : A transformational journey — Peter Paul  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2015, 00:01
FROM ISB PGP Admissions Director Blog: ISB : A transformational journey — Peter Paul

Hailing from a small hill-station town in Tamil Nadu called Kodaikanal, I did my entire schooling from the Kodaikanal International School where diversity is the key to the overall learning experience. I then went on to do my B.E. Mechanical Engineering in Chennai; post which I joined Signode India Ltd. (Formerly ITW India Ltd.) where I honed my skills on post production logistics capability issues.

After having worked for 5+ years, one gains a multitude of skills and depth of knowledge. However, fundamentally this human capital lacks structure. The Post Graduate Programme, to me, is a tool that broadly aligns my past personal and professional experiences to a thought process that is geared towards delivery, while putting me in a high pressure environment.  With an India focused career map, I started looking at the value proposition of different regional business schools and ISB was the natural choice in terms of right mix of course rigor, peer group experience, faculty diversity and overall learning experience.

The holistic learning from peers inside and outside the class provides the greatest substitute for what to expect from a more globalized work environment. ISB’s PGP is designed to push the students to the limit which enables them to maintain rationality during stressful decision making. My experience of being the President of the Graduate Student Board made me realise that 550 of some of the smartest people in India believe in me to add value to the experience they are about to have. And, that is humbling.

The one year at ISB is transformational. Not only did I have the opportunity to learn from some of world’s most influential professors, but also had my thoughts tested and challenged by a diverse pool of peers.

• people with work experience come with clear expectations and rise to be extremely capable leaders within the student government.
  • autonomy is a more power tool than control in a setting that is driven purely by motivation
  • when you gain the trust of your class, never let them down, even if it calls for sleepless nights and more sacrifice on your part. It is the only goodwill you can ever own.
The programme is unique in that it’s a one year program with next to minimal overlap between the subsequent batches. This essentially means that, though there is an underlying ISB culture, each class also has its unique culture. The current class is extremely collaborative and tight knit. They are extremely driven, but they do not compromise the relationships they are forging here for their own self gain. Therefore, it is safe to say that the student culture at ISB is un-paralleled.

One thing I am certain about tomorrow in ISB is that I will learn something new which may happen in the class or outside.  So, at the ISB you are in a constant state of transformation and the rate at which it happens is based on how involved you would like to be.  It is due to this constant learning experience that I love being here at ISB.  

The PGP at ISB is not just a fantastic learning platform for business acumen, but it is also a holistic experience that will test your strengths and transform your weaknesses to the extent that you will confidently be able to tackle any challenge the world can throw at you.  Your opportunities are endless in ISB and 24 hours in a day may not seem enough, but your level of passion for what you do here can transform 24 into 48.  Therefore, when you come to ISB view the entire experience as your learning, allow your thoughts to be challenged and decide to take on tasks that will build you. Be passionate about what you are doing now, at work and show it in your essays. Also, know clearly what you want to do while in, and post ISB and showcase that in your year of transformation.

In the end, I’d like to quote Mr.Steve Jobs and say “The people who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world are the ones who do!”

– Peter Paul is the President, Graduate Student Board, PGP Class of 2016.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager
ISB: A transformational journey – Peter Paul  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2015, 01:00
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: ISB: A transformational journey – Peter Paul

Hailing from a small hill-station town in Tamil Nadu called Kodaikanal, I did my entire schooling from the Kodaikanal International School, where diversity is the key to the overall learning experience. I then went on to do my B.E. Mechanical Engineering in Chennai; a post which I joined Signode India Ltd. (Formerly ITW India Ltd.) where I honed my skills on post-production logistics capability issues.

After having worked for 5+ years, one gains a multitude of skills and depth of knowledge. However, fundamentally this human capital lacks structure. The Post Graduate Programme, to me, is a tool that broadly aligns my past personal and professional experiences to a thought process that is geared towards delivering, while putting me in a high-pressure environment.  With an India focused career map, I started looking at the value proposition of different regional business schools and ISB was the natural choice in terms of the right mix of course rigor, peer-group experience, faculty diversity and overall learning experience.

The holistic learning from peers inside and outside the class provides the greatest substitute for what to expect from a more globalized work-environment. ISB’s PGP is designed to push the students to the limit which enables them to maintain rationality during the stressful decision making. My experience of being the President of the Graduate Student Board made me realise that 550 of some of the smartest people in India believe in me to add value to the experience they are about to have. And, that is humbling.

• people with work experience come with clear expectations and rise to be extremely capable leaders within the student community
  • autonomy is a more powerful tool than control in a setting that is driven purely by motivation
The one-year programme has minimal overlap between the subsequent batches. This essentially means that, though there is an underlying ISB culture, each class also has its unique culture. The current class is extremely collaborative and tight-knit. They are extremely driven, but they do not compromise the relationships they are forging here for their own self-gain. Therefore, it is safe to say that the student culture at ISB is unparalleled.

In the end, I’d like to quote Mr.Steve Jobs and say

“The people who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world are the ones who do!”

About the Author -

Peter Paul is the President of the Graduate Student Board (Class of 2016) at the Indian School of business.

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Intern
Intern
ISB: A transformational journey – Peter Paul  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2015, 01:01
FROM ISB PGP Admissions Director Blog: ISB: A transformational journey – Peter Paul

Hailing from a small hill-station town in Tamil Nadu called Kodaikanal, I did my entire schooling from the Kodaikanal International School, where diversity is the key to the overall learning experience. I then went on to do my B.E. Mechanical Engineering in Chennai; a post which I joined Signode India Ltd. (Formerly ITW India Ltd.) where I honed my skills on post-production logistics capability issues.

After having worked for 5+ years, one gains a multitude of skills and depth of knowledge. However, fundamentally this human capital lacks structure. The Post Graduate Programme, to me, is a tool that broadly aligns my past personal and professional experiences to a thought process that is geared towards delivering, while putting me in a high-pressure environment.  With an India focused career map, I started looking at the value proposition of different regional business schools and ISB was the natural choice in terms of the right mix of course rigor, peer-group experience, faculty diversity and overall learning experience.

The holistic learning from peers inside and outside the class provides the greatest substitute for what to expect from a more globalized work-environment. ISB’s PGP is designed to push the students to the limit which enables them to maintain rationality during the stressful decision making. My experience of being the President of the Graduate Student Board made me realise that 550 of some of the smartest people in India believe in me to add value to the experience they are about to have. And, that is humbling.

• people with work experience come with clear expectations and rise to be extremely capable leaders within the student community
  • autonomy is a more powerful tool than control in a setting that is driven purely by motivation
The one-year programme has minimal overlap between the subsequent batches. This essentially means that, though there is an underlying ISB culture, each class also has its unique culture. The current class is extremely collaborative and tight-knit. They are extremely driven, but they do not compromise the relationships they are forging here for their own self-gain. Therefore, it is safe to say that the student culture at ISB is unparalleled.

In the end, I’d like to quote Mr.Steve Jobs and say

“The people who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world are the ones who do!”

About the Author -

Peter Paul is the President of the Graduate Student Board (Class of 2016) at the Indian School of business.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: ISB '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 02:56
Hello everyone

Has anybody received interview invite ???!

Just wanted to know if ISB has started sending invites...
VP
VP
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 03:22
myth wrote:
Hello everyone

I do not think so. An event this big will not go unnoticed on GMAT Club :)

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.88
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 07:57
ankurgupta03 wrote:
myth wrote:
Hello everyone

I do not think so. An event this big will not go unnoticed on GMAT Club :)

anxious for the interview call... hope it comes soon... all the best everyone :-D
VP
VP
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 23:00
Guys, here is a post that will help you to prepare for your interview systematically.
I would recommend you not to wait till the time you get your interview call to start preparing.
You just get 5-7 days and suddenly you wish that you should have started earlier

First things first, Get a notebook.
Bifurcate your questions broadly under the following heads:

Questions about YOU
Eg: elevator pitch, strength, weakness etc.

Questions about what you do
Eg: job profile, challenges, team skills, leadership skills etc

Questions about what the company does
Eg: clients, market trends, domain etc

Questions about learning and experience
Eg: what did you learn at work place, extra curricular. How did you use it etc.

Questions on Goals
Eg: Long term, short term goals. Ho to achieve without MBA, ISB

Why MBA
The must question :)

Why ISB
Another one. Make sure you research well. Go through the brochure, website, find clubs etc.

Post MBA questions
Eg: Post MBA industry, desired job profile. what if you do not get it.

what if not MBA
Plan B

Think of as many questions as you can and put them under one or the other category. Now think about the answers to each question.

After this, open your essays. Read them and try to find as many questions as you can find.
For Eg: if you have written some number, make sure you know how that is derived.
Questions bout your innovation. hat else could have been done etc.

Give your essays to someone else and ask then to find the questions from the essay.

One final thing: while thinking of the answers, try to focus on the learning not the task performed.
For instance if you worked for a NGO, tell what did you learn and what did you contribute.
do not just say that you worked for the NGO. Not gonna help...

Also here is a link for the ISB Preparation Kit: ISB Preparation Kit
This should also help you. I will try and compile the latest kit soon.
Till then please use this.

All the best!

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Intern
Intern
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V37

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 23:19
Hi.

I requested the Admissions office to provide with tentative dates for R1 applicants in Hyderabad. The office says it can happen anytime between 7th Oct to 7th Nov.

Good luck everyone .:)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, General Management

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 23:22
unimportant wrote:
Hi.

I requested the Admissions office to provide with tentative dates for R1 applicants in Hyderabad. The office says it can happen anytime between 7th Oct to 7th Nov.

do you mean 27th October?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 23:23
Hi.

No 7th Oct. Posting below the email received

Dear XXX,

Hyderabad interviews can happen anytime between 7th Oct till 7th of Nov.

Regards,

XXX
Associate Director - Admissions & Financial Aid
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 23:28
Could anyone of you inform me where I can take/give a couple of mock interviews ?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, General Management

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 23:34
unimportant wrote:
Hi.

No 7th Oct. Posting below the email received

Dear XXX,

Hyderabad interviews can happen anytime between 7th Oct till 7th of Nov.

Regards,

XXX
Associate Director - Admissions & Financial Aid

Wow!Okay!
Was confused coz the deadline was 15th Oct.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 23:37
unimportant wrote:
Hi.

Only till 7th November?. I was under the impression that Hyderabad interviews continue till the end.
Anyways, all the best everyone :)
Also, has anyone got an interview call yet?
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 &nbs [#permalink] 26 Oct 2015, 23:37

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  63    Next  [ 1248 posts ] 

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap