GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Aug 2018, 20:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Jul 2015
Posts: 11
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2015, 23:50
I have chosen delhi as my interview centre..but didn't receive any call yet..is there any hope to get one??
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 May 2015
Posts: 30
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.7
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2015, 03:59
3
1
I had my Interview today scheduled at 12 15 at ISB Hyderabad Campus. They were running late and they called me in at 1 PM. There were 3 Alumni, don't know their details but they seemed young. The best part, no one had a poker face.

1) Started with introduction and they directly jumped into my work responsibilities. A good discussion happened around the project I did at work.
2) Asked me about the achievement I've mentioned in the essay 1.
3) Didn't ask any typical questions like Why ISB? Why MBA? Short term goals and all. They didn't even see the second essay. No guesstimate or case questions.
4) Asked me about the challenges automotive industry is facing, how the government is helping, if India is a growing market for automotive industry, are OLA and UBER a threat and all.
5) Asked me about my hobbies, i mentioned Tweeting and then we discussed about current affairs, Paris attacks etc.
6) Any questions for them, Asked them about the bidding process of electives and exchange programs, for which they explained very well.

Interview lasted for 38 min. They were very jovial, and I really couldn't get what they were testing. I felt like I was explaining them an unknown concept and they were listening with interest. Felt confident while answering. Gotta wait one month to find out if I was tricked or not :)

My Tip : Know about your current industry with a global perspective. Challenges, other players, why some player failed, is government helping etc.

Thanks,
Tharun
Profile - 740, 3 years of Work Ex in Automotive Industry
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 22 Aug 2013
Posts: 78
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2015, 05:01
I submitted my app on 12th oct for R1 but received the submission/confirmation mail on 30th oct.
Now my submission date in the application has changed to 30th Oct.
Anyone facing similar issues ?

I guess now my app will be considered for R2 !!
This would probably be a disadvantage now
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Status: Alumnus & GSB Prez - ISB Co17
Affiliations: PMI
Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 174
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2015, 09:33
btharun2008 wrote:
I had my Interview today scheduled at 12 15 at ISB Hyderabad Campus. They were running late and they called me in at 1 PM. There were 3 Alumni, don't know their details but they seemed young. The best part, no one had a poker face.

1) Started with introduction and they directly jumped into my work responsibilities. A good discussion happened around the project I did at work.
2) Asked me about the achievement I've mentioned in the essay 1.
3) Didn't ask any typical questions like Why ISB? Why MBA? Short term goals and all. They didn't even see the second essay. No guesstimate or case questions.
4) Asked me about the challenges automotive industry is facing, how the government is helping, if India is a growing market for automotive industry, are OLA and UBER a threat and all.
5) Asked me about my hobbies, i mentioned Tweeting and then we discussed about current affairs, Paris attacks etc.
6) Any questions for them, Asked them about the bidding process of electives and exchange programs, for which they explained very well.

Interview lasted for 38 min. They were very jovial, and I really couldn't get what they were testing. I felt like I was explaining them an unknown concept and they were listening with interest. Felt confident while answering. Gotta wait one month to find out if I was tricked or not :)

My Tip : Know about your current industry with a global perspective. Challenges, other players, why some player failed, is government helping etc.

Thanks,
Tharun
Profile - 740, 3 years of Work Ex in Automotive Industry


Congrats on a wonderful interview; it seems you did great! Conviction and knowledge about what you are speaking about appears to be high on the attributes ISB is interested in, going by the various feedback bits post ISB interviews over the years! But certainly a tough selection methodology, compared to the others! The 1 word essay especially, as a last minute check! :)
ISB Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 29 Dec 2014
Posts: 74
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 640 Q43 V34
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 02:11
Hi Everyone,

Just received the mail from ISB. Shortlisted for Nov 21, 10.45 am. Let me know if anyone is in the same slot.

Warm regards
Kunal Arora
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Apr 2014
Posts: 99
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3
Reviews Badge
Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 04:24
hey guys, after a shocking weekend, received the invite at 9am for november 21, 12.15 hours.
anyone else in the same slot???
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Jan 2015
Posts: 49
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 08:01
rajeshrkv wrote:
hey guys, after a shocking weekend, received the invite at 9am for november 21, 12.15 hours.
anyone else in the same slot???


exactly 5 days before the interview....so they weren't wrong when they said this:
"Further update on short-listing will be available approximately 5 to 7 days before your interview, if shortlisted, for the interview location you have chosen. Request you to bear with us, till we communicate further"

Lesson learnt: Keep calm and trust the adcom... all the best for your interview :P
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Apr 2014
Posts: 99
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 08:08
charu1990 wrote:
rajeshrkv wrote:
hey guys, after a shocking weekend, received the invite at 9am for november 21, 12.15 hours.
anyone else in the same slot???


exactly 5 days before the interview....so they weren't wrong when they said this:
"Further update on short-listing will be available approximately 5 to 7 days before your interview, if shortlisted, for the interview location you have chosen. Request you to bear with us, till we communicate further"

Lesson learnt: Keep calm and trust the adcom... all the best for your interview :P


yeah exactly, although i would accept an invite even a day before the interview!! :D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2013
Posts: 345
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 08:13
1
charu1990 wrote:
rajeshrkv wrote:
hey guys, after a shocking weekend, received the invite at 9am for november 21, 12.15 hours.
anyone else in the same slot???


exactly 5 days before the interview....so they weren't wrong when they said this:
"Further update on short-listing will be available approximately 5 to 7 days before your interview, if shortlisted, for the interview location you have chosen. Request you to bear with us, till we communicate further"

Lesson learnt: Keep calm and trust the adcom... all the best for your interview :P

Attachments

Keep Calm.png
Keep Calm.png [ 203.75 KiB | Viewed 2281 times ]


_________________

My GMAT Debrief | My ISB 2015 Interview

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Oct 2015
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 12:41
jktv wrote:
Anyone from US who opted for a Skype interview got an invite ?

well im in canada. i got my interview on nov 5. was pretty chill. only thing i had to wake up crazy early. they scheduled it for 4:15 am.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 22 Jul 2014
Posts: 65
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.27
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 23:42
saritdeb wrote:
I submitted my app on 12th oct for R1 but received the submission/confirmation mail on 30th oct.
Now my submission date in the application has changed to 30th Oct.
Anyone facing similar issues ?

I guess now my app will be considered for R2 !!
This would probably be a disadvantage now



I submitted on 15th- Now the date shows 17th- wrote them a mail- said not to worry it will be considered in R1 -710 gmat with good extracurricular-Delhi based-No calls yet- So am I rejected or will be considered in R2 ??---No freaking idea
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2013
Posts: 345
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 23:56
mango1banana wrote:
saritdeb wrote:
I submitted my app on 12th oct for R1 but received the submission/confirmation mail on 30th oct.
Now my submission date in the application has changed to 30th Oct.
Anyone facing similar issues ?

I guess now my app will be considered for R2 !!
This would probably be a disadvantage now



I submitted on 15th- Now the date shows 17th- wrote them a mail- said not to worry it will be considered in R1 -710 gmat with good extracurricular-Delhi based-No calls yet- So am I rejected or will be considered in R2 ??---No freaking idea


The ADCOM can give a call for interview up until 5 days before 10th Dec(final interview date). You might not be called at your preferred location and might get called at Hyderabad or Mohali.
_________________

My GMAT Debrief | My ISB 2015 Interview

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2013
Posts: 20
WE: General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 00:03
mango1banana wrote:
saritdeb wrote:
I submitted my app on 12th oct for R1 but received the submission/confirmation mail on 30th oct.
Now my submission date in the application has changed to 30th Oct.
Anyone facing similar issues ?

I guess now my app will be considered for R2 !!
This would probably be a disadvantage now



I submitted on 15th- Now the date shows 17th- wrote them a mail- said not to worry it will be considered in R1 -710 gmat with good extracurricular-Delhi based-No calls yet- So am I rejected or will be considered in R2 ??---No freaking idea



Similar issue. But not a cause for worry. I submitted mine on the 13th of October. The portal however shows 16th and so does the official email. The adcom confirmed that the application will be considered in R1. Further, he also told me that interviews for Mumbai are scheduled on 28th and 29th. Fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Aug 2014
Posts: 4
Schools: ISB '17, NUS '18
Premium Member
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 00:05
Any info on bangalore interviews??
I had submitted my application on 15th october and had chosen bangalore as the location. I have not received any call yet.
MBA Decoder Admissions Consultant
User avatar
P
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1367
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 00:34
saurabh99 wrote:
Any info on bangalore interviews??
I had submitted my application on 15th october and had chosen bangalore as the location. I have not received any call yet.


Saurabh, as far as I know, Bangalore calls have been sent out. People who could not be accommodated were to travel to Hyderabad. So there may be a chance that you will be asked to come to Hyderabad.
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772, +91(80) 40931397
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

SERVICES| PROFILE DISCUSSION | BLOG

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Oct 2015
Posts: 8
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 01:43
sv05 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I got a call for 22nd November 10.45 am.
With an interview slot at 10.45 am by what time can we expect to be free?


Don't plan anything before atleast 12:30
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Aug 2014
Posts: 4
Schools: ISB '17, NUS '18
Premium Member
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 03:20
MBADecoder wrote:
saurabh99 wrote:
Any info on bangalore interviews??
I had submitted my application on 15th october and had chosen bangalore as the location. I have not received any call yet.


Saurabh, as far as I know, Bangalore calls have been sent out. People who could not be accommodated were to travel to Hyderabad. So there may be a chance that you will be asked to come to Hyderabad.



When do we get the rejects from isb usually??
Just wondering whether I should give more importance to the interview prep or applying to other colleges in the second round.
Please share your opinion.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2013
Posts: 345
Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 04:06
saurabh99 wrote:
MBADecoder wrote:
saurabh99 wrote:
Any info on bangalore interviews??
I had submitted my application on 15th october and had chosen bangalore as the location. I have not received any call yet.


Saurabh, as far as I know, Bangalore calls have been sent out. People who could not be accommodated were to travel to Hyderabad. So there may be a chance that you will be asked to come to Hyderabad.



When do we get the rejects from isb usually??
Just wondering whether I should give more importance to the interview prep or applying to other colleges in the second round.
Please share your opinion.


Rejection emails are sent on the same date as the acceptance emails. First acceptance emails are sent, then waitlist emails and finally rejection emails are sent.

It will be 15th Dec for R1.

Your interview prep will help with preparing for other colleges also, so please do not ignore this.

Also, applications for R2 should not be taken lightly as well. R2 becomes most competitive, so do focus on this as well.

My advice, admit/interview calls/rejection is not in your hands once you have submitted the application. Do not dwell on this as this will weigh you down (trust me on this- you can go around the forum and ask anyone). Focus on the activities that need to be done, not on the ones already completed.
_________________

My GMAT Debrief | My ISB 2015 Interview

MBA Decoder Admissions Consultant
User avatar
P
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1367
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 05:29
saurabh99 wrote:
MBADecoder wrote:
saurabh99 wrote:
Any info on bangalore interviews??
I had submitted my application on 15th october and had chosen bangalore as the location. I have not received any call yet.


Saurabh, as far as I know, Bangalore calls have been sent out. People who could not be accommodated were to travel to Hyderabad. So there may be a chance that you will be asked to come to Hyderabad.



When do we get the rejects from isb usually??
Just wondering whether I should give more importance to the interview prep or applying to other colleges in the second round.
Please share your opinion.


one is not dependent on the other Saurabh. Start R2 apps because that's a time consuming process as well. God forbid, you do not get an interview call in the coming days, share your ISB app with me- maybe I can point out a few things which will help improve your other apps.

Meanwhile, stay afloat.
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772, +91(80) 40931397
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

SERVICES| PROFILE DISCUSSION | BLOG

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Posts: 109
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 06:11
Hi! Perhaps most of you are already aware of this.

We thought it will be a good idea to let other ISB Aspirants know of the opportunities available to get acquainted with ISB, since all these sessions are being conducted by ISB specifically for the ISB Applicants:

Webinars
i) Meet the PGP Career Management: November 19, 8 pm IST
ii) Financing your MBA: December 3, 8 pm IST
iii) Q&A with the Admissions Director: December 17, 8 pm IST

Info-sessions
i) ISB Campus, Mohali: November 29, 11 am IST
ii) ISB Campus, Hyderabad: December 13, 11 am IST

Please register yourself for these events on ISB's website, if you plan to attend.
_________________

http://www.ISBeacon.com

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document


ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB

Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 &nbs [#permalink] 17 Nov 2015, 06:11

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33  ...  63    Next  [ 1248 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.