Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:58 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 372 [2]
Given Kudos: 618
GRE 1: Q165 V163

GRE 2: Q165 V163

GRE 3: Q170 V163
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [2]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1036 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2021 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Arsh123 wrote:
What are the chances of converting ISB for (2021 Intake) Class of 2022 if one is waitlisted in R1?

Anecdotally, 1/3 or 1/4.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 263
Schools: ISB'22 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Nikhil wrote:
Hi Everyone,

We are thinking of doing an ISB interview preparation session as part of our Interview prep series. This session is for those who get the invites. We will bring on board a current student. How many of you would be interested? Let us know. Depending on the traction here, we can plan to do more than one session.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmatclub-con ... l#p2708920

Interested
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [5]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40 (Online)
WE:Corporate Finance (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
A new ISB Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/isb-204/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1626
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Schools: ISB'22 (S)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

Are ISB interview invites still going out? How does the process work- are there invites sent out over multiple dates?

I see that few people have mentioned getting invites for R2-does that mean that others have not been shortlisted?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

Any updates on the above question? Are there applicants from R1 who had their interview invites spread out? That might help understand the process...

Current Student
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q52 V32
GRE 1: Q169 V153
Send PM
Jey13 wrote:
Hi,

Any updates on the above question? Are there applicants from R1 who had their interview invites spread out? That might help understand the process...

They spread out the invites over months. Also, a few of us just got application status completion mails. So expect more interview calls soon.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Given Kudos: 629
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
How long does it usually take to hear from them post a confirmation on the application status/ verification completion?
Current Student
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q52 V32
GRE 1: Q169 V153
Send PM
Kudos
COVID19butGMAT20 wrote:
How long does it usually take to hear from them post a confirmation on the application status/ verification completion?

My friend got a call after 2 weeks

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Oooof.. I think it's already been two weeks since I got my confirmation email :(

Is there someone in R1 for whom it took longer?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GRE 1: Q165 V156
Send PM
Kudos
Do they also take the application submission date into consideration ? I submitted my application on 10th January and got the verification mail on 13th January, but haven't heard anything from them since then.

ISB School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 253 [1]
Given Kudos: 358
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 2.88
Send PM
aish1312 wrote:
Jey13 wrote:
Hi,

They spread out the invites over months. Also, a few of us just got application status completion mails. So expect more interview calls soon.

Hey just wondering, did you apply in R1.
I applied in round 2 and i haven't received any verification email yet.
I have also heard that every application gets verified for sure.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
sampriya wrote:
aish1312 wrote:
Jey13 wrote:
Hi,

Hey just wondering, did you apply in R1.
I applied in round 2 and i haven't received any verification email yet.
I have also heard that every application gets verified for sure.

I applied in R2 almost a month ago and just received my verification mail yesterday. Some people got it within few days after the application submission and some like me got after a month. So don’t worry, I think you’ll receive the verification mail for sure :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Kudos
That looks like a great interview! All the best if you're still awaiting results. Any update on the result of selection btw?

Aks wrote:
Panel size : 3 (male: 1 , female: 2) All alums.

Interview duration : 30 mins

Interview type : Non stress

Personal background:

Engineer..Male..IT… aspiring Prod Manager ..gmat 710…work ex.- 4 yrs 3 m

Annotations used :

Interviewer 1 - super senior alum,male,friendly ( M),

Interviewer 2 - 2015 batch alum,female, cold expression throughout(F1),

Interviewer 3 - 2018 batch alum, female, supportive (F2)

Interview questions:

M : What is Ranchi famous for, apart from Dhoni? This was followed by discussion on Jharkhand being a mineral rich state and what Madhu koda did to Jharkhand. Madhu koda came into the discussion because I talked about his 5000 cr scam first. Overall, this discussion went for a minute.

M : Any instance of your formative year where you showed leadership skill.

Talked about an instance from my professional career. M wanted some other example. Talked about me being the school house captain.

M : Why ISB and also, mention the biggest achievement of your life.

Talked about my interest in product management and how ISB provides a good platform. Talked about ISB's strong prod management community. Talked about the kind of diversity that I have at my work place and related it to ISB. Talked about strong ISB alum network. Also mentioned how my experience fits well with ISB's batch average experience.

F1 : Tell me more about the Cricket example that you have mentioned in your leadership essay.

Explained it. Follow the STAR method.

F2 : Tell me about the projects that you have been working on.

Elaborated the projects. Told about the developemt and customer focus experience.

F2 : Is it a direct interaction with the customer or is it an interaction with your extended support team which further coordinates with the customer?

Explained about the kind of interaction. She was convinced.

F1 : Tell me more about the customer escalation example that you have mentioned in your leadership essay.

Explained.

F1: Was there any appreciation for the work ?

Told about the award that I had received. Had forgot to end my previous answer with the appreciation that I had received. So, try to include the achievements in your answers.

M : In your LOR , your prod manager has mentioned that there was an instance when he gave you a feedback to holistically view a project before starting it. What was this instance about?

Tried to explain why was the feedback given and how I took it in a constructive manner without being bogged down by it.

M : Also, in your LOR, there has been a mention of you co-ordinating the tasks well. So, what kind of interaction do you have with your product manager. Do you guys discuss about product management roles or are these just coffee corner discussions.

Explained my work related dependencies on my prod manager. Also discussed about how he helps me with my customer related escalations.

F2 : I do see you have really good exposure on development and customer enablement fronts. You already interact with your prod manager and work with him. Don't you think working in the same role will lead to your short term goal of being a prod manager. Why is an MBA required.

Started with how my current role has provided me the required progression in terms of engineering driven perspectives. Talked about the limitations of my role in terms of opportunities to develop business acumen. Told her that even if I continue in this role, I might get an entry level prod management role after 4-5 years but my knowledge of functional know how of things will still be very limited. So, instead of waiting for 4–5 years to develop this knowledge, would like to go ahead with formal business education and that is why an MBA and would prefer to use the post MBA 3-4 years to hone the business skills gained through MBA.

She said that it does make a lot of sense.

M: Since we do have some more time left. Let me put you in a situation. Imagine you are a product manager at Amazon and you have to come up with an app that elderly people can use to take their thoughts away from corona. What will you think of.

I took some time to think and did a lot of cross questions. Then came up with an idea of selling virtual experience on Amazon. The experience can be of Selling a subscription for live Ganga Aarti for the religious people.

M: How will you ensure that elderly use this application without any help.

Took some time and told them that may be a simple UI can help..he himself suggested that let us drop this. Seems a difficult one.

F2 : What are some life lessons learned from cricket. How have you used these lessons in your personal and professional life.

Answered ..

M : Any question for us….

Did ask one and always do ask atleast one. If nothing comes into your mind, ask about their experience or learning that they feel remained till date even after so many years of graduating from ISB.

Verdict: Don't know. Need to wait.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Schools: ISB'22
Send PM
Hi,

Any new ISB invites rolled out this week?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 50
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM