Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 540 Q48 V17
GMAT 2: 630 Q49 V27
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: PMI
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE:Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Jared - Thanks a ton, that was super timely! With a wife and a teenage daughter, I am about to tread the exact path you did. The blog was a wealth of information, and the style, entertaining.
Good luck on your journey. Keep the smile big! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE:Information Technology (Education)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Guess I have been missing out with interesting discussions. Count me in guys for Kelley Early Round.

I would really really love to be a part of Kelley family :D Hope I get through.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kelley MBA Blog: The Magnetic Power of Personal Vision
By Ray Luther, Executive Director, Kelley MBA Program 

Ray Luther
“There are no choices without personal freedom, Buckeroo. It's not us who are dead inside. These things you find so weak and contemptible in us - these are just the hazards of being free.” -David Foster WallaceYour past tells a story that supports who you are today. This story consists of what you’ve done and how you’ve lived…your life choices… good and bad. This story contains the shared narratives of who you spent the most time with. Who is important…there’s a lot of truth in the old adage that you are a mash-up of your five closest relationships. You influence and are influenced on a continuous spectrum. In truth, you practice selective memory as you recall this unique story known as your past – we all do. You choose to remember, omit, and edit as it suits your needs, but it’s still what makes you who you are today.

In looking forward you also have the opportunity to choose. You can choose to allow circumstance and the agenda of others dictate your future. Or, you can choose to live on purpose. You can choose what you will do, how you will do it and who you will spend time with – guided by a vision of who you want to become. Not necessarily in an overly planned way, because frankly that’s boring, but in a way that pulls you forward through magnetic inspiration. This is the power of personal vision.

In the Kelley MBA Leadership Academy, we believe in the power of personal vision to help guide us. Magnetic inspiration that pulls us forward. We choose to practice personal leadership by living on purpose. The ability to lead ourselves to an inspired future that we choose, not one that’s chosen for us, is what motivates us. It doesn’t really matter if all of our vision comes true. What matters is that we’re inspired to move forward consistent with our purpose.

Every year we practice a multi-session personal visioning exercise with our current Leadership Academy Students. This is part of our Lead for Life Series. We work with a tool called the Personal Compass from The Grove. It’s wonderful because it incorporates the best of visual thinking with solid analysis to help uncover personal insight. While not the only personal visioning tool out there, it’s one that we highly recommend. Eric Johnson and I never cease to be amazed by the insights this process can generate. We’ve seen a number of students gain a new level of confidence in their self-leadership moving forward. We’ve also seen a number of students realize they needed a course correction to live on purpose with their vision. All of this is OK; it’s part of the ongoing learning process as we actively lead ourselves. Explore your past, envision your future, make bold choices to move forward… and then act.

We are very proud of our Lead for Life Series in the Kelley MBA Leadership Academy. This optional program is all about improving the personal side of leadership, one that’s often neglected in leadership development work. Personal visioning is just the first step. We also learn to lead through the practice of compassion, mindfulness, and fitness. We look forward to continuing the conversation around personal leadership. We value insight from others if you choose to share. We also hope that you choose to live on purpose. That the what, how and who choices you make moving forward are ones that align with your personal values. Most of all we hope that your personal vision provides the magnetic inspiration to move you forward in a way that makes you proud to be you.

“The Magnetic Power of Personal Vision” was originally published on Linkedin Pulse on September 24, 2015.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Status:Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.
Own Kudos [?]: 119 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding Kelley Application, request all applicants or current students to help with.

I have submitted my application for Kelley and later received two mails asking me to login to iStart application and start uploading financial documents. As of now, I am not in a very good shape as far as financial state is concerned and was hoping to get loan for my MBA. Is uploading the financial documents considered a requisite for application to be complete? Though, their mail states otherwise, will it impact my admission decision if I do not upload my financial documents as of now.

Please suggest.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 520 Q38 V32
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V22
GMAT 3: 670 Q47 V34
Send PM
Is Round1 (Early) binding like Fuqua or Columbia?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Send PM
Hi, can someone please share the recommendation questions? Couldn't find them anywhere. Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi All,
I had a query regarding applications for International Applicants.
As mentioned on their website under the heading 'Evidence of financial support' for International Applicants:
U.S. immigration regulations require you to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to cover your expenses for a 12-month period.

Is this to be done at the time of applying , i.e. before the deadline of Early/Priority Rounds?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
I just realized my query is pretty much similar to jugglerG2's query. So they do make you upload the financial documents through "iStart application", but is it compulsory? Ideally this should be asked for once they extend offers for admit :roll:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 71
GMAT 1: 520 Q38 V32
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V22
GMAT 3: 670 Q47 V34
Send PM
Kudos
No.. Only after you're accepted or a little bit before that but not during submissions
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hello Friends..I am Prakash from Bangalore..joining the ride for kelley with all of you.
While going through last year thread..it seems we did right thing to apply in R1 itself..R2 was pretty tough for Indian applicants last time..ALL the best!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Hello all,
I am trying to send the recommendation request out. The system is giving me error messages every time i hit the submit button. is there anyone experiencing the same?
Chris

Server Error in '/Apply' Application.

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I don't think any one who applied for R1 faced this issue.So it will be best to drop a mail to them with screenshot.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Hi All,

The instruction for essays says, Upload all responses together as one document in the upload space below.
Should I also include essay prompts and how would they keep a track of word limit in that case?
Thanks,
Souvilibra
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Its simple...Just have a Question,Answer headings for each questions of essay and yeah also mention the number of words(you can count this just by selecting you content and looking at bottom left of word file) at the end of your answers.let me know if u have any other doubt.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Kelley MBA Blog: An MBA at an OEM: the Top 3 Things I Learned This Summer

John W. Scott
by John W. Scott, MBA'16

This summer I interned at Audi of America with the Marketing Research and Electric Vehicles teams.  It was an incredible experience and one that taught me a great deal over the course of 10 weeks.  Now, as a second-year MBA Candidate at the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University, I reflect on my greatest takeaways and what I believe will influence the industry for the long-term.

1. Passion drives the company and industry forward

One of the most surprising things I discovered about the automotive industry is that not everybody is a die-hard auto enthusiast like me.  What’s interesting is that although not everyone has gasoline in their veins, they are all passionate about the brand and the industry overall.  It is no secret that the auto industry is going through one of the most innovative and tumultuous periods of the last 100 years, and you can feel it every day while working at an automaker.  At Audi of America, I was incredibly fortunate to work alongside people who have a vision of what Audi will be in the next 5, 10, even 20 years down the road.  They’re passionate about the brand and the competition.  They’re passionate about the technology that is being developed and released to the public.  They’re excited about what could be as well as what is.  In the end, passion in this industry can take a plethora of forms and that’s what makes it so great.

2. Data, data, data

If there’s one thing you learn while studying consumer marketing in business school, it’s that data drives any and all well-informed decisions. Historically, data has been most useful for CPG firms as their customers buy their products frequently.  In the auto industry, it’s not so easy.  For the most part, cars are purchased infrequently, which can make it challenging to learn about your consumers.  Luckily, there are tools being developed and utilized to help automakers track marketing messages to an actual sale.  During my time at Audi of America, I saw first-hand how data is being leveraged through a variety of internal and external sources to influence critical decisions for the short- and long-term.  It’s safe to say that data is only going to become more important over time, affecting all parts of the business.  Knowing the consumer at a granular level is key, and being able to decipher the data in a meaningful way is even more so.

3. Think long-term, not short-term

I think it’s no coincidence that at this year’s Frankfurt Auto Show, there were several automakers who announced battery electric vehicle (BEV) concepts that will no doubt be put into production in the coming years. Companies are recognizing that 1) they need to act quickly with BEV R&D, and 2) the long-term viability of fossil fuels is impossible.  This summer, I learned that it can be challenging to balance short-term profit goals with long-term R&D investment, but the survival of the industry is dependent upon maintaining this long-term focus.  The key to the continued success and viability of an automaker will be focusing on the long-term, as investing now will mean the survival of the brand in the future.

It is an exciting time to be in the auto industry, and it will only get more exciting.  Have something you would like to add to the list?  Let me know in the comments!

"An MBA at an OEM: the Top 3 Things I Learned This Summer" was originally published on Linkedin Pulse on September 30, 2015.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Send PM
Did anyone have any issue with letter of recommendation? I submitted my recommender's details but he is yet to receive any email.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Kelley MBA Blog: Kelley Leadership through the Eyes of an IGOE Fellow

From left to right: Jesús Salinas (Latin MBAA VP for Finance), Alejandra de Caso (MBAA VP for Marketing and Out at Kelley President),
Cesar Sanchez (Latin MBAA President), and Miguel Cruz (Kelley Soccer Club President and Latin MBAA VP for Communications)

by Miguel A. Cruz, MBA’17

Leadership is the power of an individual to guide, advise, and influence others and it is one of the most important skills that is expected from an MBA student and graduate.

In the Kelley School of Business you are challenged to find your style of leadership and develop your leadership capabilities right from the beginning. For Latino students, the Institute for Global Organizational Effectiveness (IGOE) Fellowship is an enabler that allows us to fulfill our goals and experience great leadership opportunities.

One of the first things students encounter during the MBA program is Me Inc., where you not only start building your personal brand, but also test your leadership ability by learning how to influence your team during the Core.

During the beginning of the second semester, students also participate in a great challenge, the Academy Projects. This is a team-based consulting project for real companies and real situations that help students understand what a summer internship project looks like. In this opportunity, students not only face the challenge of coming up with a solution to a real-world problem, but are also paired with other first years in different stages of their internship search. At this point students are familiarized with their group work responsibilities and know that they are accountable to their peers and projects.

Also in the first seven weeks of the second semester, each class is responsible for choosing the new MBA Association officers. This is organization that takes on the challenge of organizing all the student-led activities. As an IGOE fellow, I am proud to share that during the past five years IGOEs have participated in the winning slate. In addition, during the last seven weeks of the first year students have the opportunity elect their peers as a President or a VP of a Kelley club or association. These organizations exist to help and support a wide variety of student activities, including: professional (Marketing, Finance, Consulting, etc.), cultural and support (Partners, Women, Latin, Asian, and Black) and finally developing skills and sports (e.g., tech, toast masters, soccer, golf).

Finally in the beginning of the second year, students get amazing opportunities to help first years directly through the Leadership Academy as they become a Personal or a Core Team Coach or by leading a Globase consulting project to solve a real business problem for a company in different markets around the world.

Because of the amount of opportunities that the Kelley MBA Program and the Institute of Global Organizational Effectiveness make available, students get to pick where and how they exercise and put to test their leadership; and these challenges are not short of the experience that the real world will present to our future alumni.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  23   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts