Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q38 V37
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 610 Q44 V31
GMAT 2: 650 Q40 V39
GMAT 3: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 2.89
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 580 Q36 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q46 V35
WE:Public Relations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
I'm also in! Received an email an hour ago! Information about scholarship will be send in 2 weeks.

Super happy!!!! :)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
I'm in! Good luck to all
Manager
Manager
Status:Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.
Own Kudos [?]: 119 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Folks, we have a Kelley admitted students https://gmatclub.com/chat group for the class of 2018. PM me your contact details if you want to be part of the discussion.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
I am In...!!!

'In the mail'-does it refer to email or paper mail? Did anyone get any information about scholarships?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3
Send PM
any R1 waitlisted candidate receive anything???
Manager
Manager
Status:Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.
Own Kudos [?]: 119 [1]
Given Kudos: 73
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
AnMBA2018 wrote:
I am In...!!!

'In the mail'-does it refer to email or paper mail? Did anyone get any information about scholarships?

You will get Scholarship info in the admit package. That is how R1 admits got the information of scholarship...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q51 V31
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Moment to Momentum ---->Kelley Checked In
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
rajeshrkv wrote:
any R1 waitlisted candidate receive anything???

Admit !
R1 Waitlisted candidate.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hey rahul, congrats!!!
can you share what all steps you took after R1 result for this conversion??

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
rajeshrkv wrote:
Hey rahul, congrats!!!
can you share what all steps you took after R1 result for this conversion??

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Just an email, stating my continued interest in the school.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
jugglerG2 wrote:
AnMBA2018 wrote:
I am In...!!!

You will get Scholarship info in the admit package. That is how R1 admits got the information of scholarship...

Thanks for the info. Still Growing Impatient for the admissions package.
One quick question, is the package sent to the permanent address or the current address?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Just received an email with a FedEx Shipment notification that says Kelley is the sender. I can't wait to get a hold of that baby.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.15
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Interview invites for R3 have started going out...received mine today..had submitted the application on 1st March
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kelley MBA Blog: Early-Career Communication Part 3: Leading Without Authority

Kendell Brown
By  Kendell Brown, Associate Director of Graduate Career Services

Articulating a vision and getting people to work toward that vision is formidable for many. Motivating clients, peers and other key stakeholders can be particularly challenging for someone who doesn’t have a title that commands action. However, for you to be personally successful, that success has to come as part of a broader effort. I am going to highlight 4 characteristics that can help you lead despite having no specific authority to do so.

Speak confidently.

If you speak confidently and in a manner that underscores a belief in what you are saying, you are likely to get others to agree. Meaning people want to follow the lead of someone that appears knowledgeable and self-assured. 

It is necessary to note that sometimes people will undermine their own confidence by saying things like “I’m not sure, if you’ll agree” or “Is that in line with what you were thinking?” When you are rallying people and getting them to do what you want - refrain from using qualifying and confirmatory language, it will weaken you and your ideas. Instead focus on speaking with certainty and assurance.

Present a clear vision.

Another way to ensure that stakeholders listen to and respect your ideas is to present a clear vision.  The vision is the compass for your project and the keystone of your idea. 

What can you do to ensure colleagues will adhere to your vision? First, provide an end goal – it helps people get on board.  Think of the end goal as a destination. When everyone shares a common goal, or destination, they are likely going to also share an understanding of why a certain path is necessary. Consequently, when everyone knows the end goal they will begin to appreciate how their contributions will support that goal. 

Be flexible.

The third way to be a strong yet informal leader is to be flexible. While you may be the one with the great idea, you must admit that you don’t know everything. So while it is key to state your point of view, it is equally critical to be receptive to the opinions of others.  Listening to others is valuable because an outside idea may be just what is needed to make a good idea, a great one. Additionally, when you give people an opportunity to include their viewpoint in your plans, they are more likely to support the vision and goal you’ve laid out.

Be open to feedback.

Lastly, be open to feedback and solicit it regularly. Without feedback, you won’t know how your leadership is perceived by others and by extension whether it is effective. Therefore, take time to ask how things are going and check-in to see if people are still engaged. Getting feedback often, gives you time to course correct, if necessary. Furthermore, periodic feedback gives you a chance to know what’s working well and thus what you want to continue.

So while you may not have formal authority to get some things done, the strategies I’ve described are always available to you to informally and indirectly influence. 
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Just received package with less than average scholarship. Can someone recommend how to negotiate with Kelley to increase scholarship?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Have many R3 interview invites been sent out?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: I am eagerly waiting for one
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts