GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 10 Dec 2019, 22:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Kelley (Indiana) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
10 Insights on Inspirational Leadership  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 07:01
FROM Kelley MBA Blog: 10 Insights on Inspirational Leadership

Introducing a new guest blogger: Scott Mautz, MBA’94. Mautz is an award winning keynote speaker and 20+ year veteran of Procter & Gamble, where he currently runs the company's largest, multi-billion dollar business. He is also the author of the book Make It Matter: How Managers Can Motivate by Creating Meaning, which has been recently nominated for "Leadership Book of the Year" by Leadership & Management Books. Help Scott advance to the finals by casting your vote for "Make It Matter" by February 15.

Scott Mautz
Marketing Manager,
Proctor and Gamble
Start your 2016 leadership campaign with a sense of renewal by considering the following question: Is inspirational leadership the holy grail of leadership?

Well, I define such a pinnacle – the holy grail of leadership – as that which engenders the highest levels of employee engagement and commitment.

So, by that definition, then yes, hands down, inspirational leadership is the summit.

And your employees would agree with me.

A major study examined a half million employees and their assessment of 50,000 leaders in terms of 16 core leadership competencies. The outcome of the study showed that the ability to inspire “is what most powerfully separates the most effective leaders from the average and least-effective leaders. And it is the factor most subordinates identify when asked what they would most like to have in their leader.”1

A pursuit worth the effort - but then you probably didn’t need a study to tell you that. We all know how it feels when we are around an inspirational leader. Inspirational leaders spur the expenditure of discretionary energy. You feel uplifted. The power of possibility surges through you. You might even physically get the tingles as you are reminded and reinvigorated about what could lie ahead and why you are doing what you are. You feel connected to the mission, to the leader, to others, and to your work. You feel worthy, and worthwhile. You aim higher and try harder. You feel compelled to take action.

You can trigger this response.
www.makeitmatterbook.com.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2016, 04:09
Any new R2 invites ?
I guess it is the end of road for R2 applicants.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q51 V31
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2016, 19:38
Any clue when can we hear from Kelley about results ? Do they send mail to admits prior to the deadline ?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 610 Q44 V31
GMAT 2: 650 Q40 V39
GMAT 3: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 2.89
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2016, 19:57
FedExToUS wrote:
Any clue when can we hear from Kelley about results ? Do they send mail to admits prior to the deadline ?

You should hear starting about a week prior to the decision deadline up to the deadline itself.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2016, 20:45
bazookabanger wrote:
Any new R2 invites ?
I guess it is the end of road for R2 applicants.

Kelley insists that they do send out invites until shortly before the notification deadline, but i'd think its the end of the road...
Manager
Manager
Why Kelley School Is Great Place to Get A Finance MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 07:01
FROM Kelley MBA Blog: Why Kelley School Is Great Place to Get A Finance MBA

Rebecca Cook
Director of Coaching
& Development
Rebecca Cook, MBA’96, is the Director of Coaching and Development for Kelley School’s Graduate Career Services. Prior to joining IU in 2009, Rebecca Cook was a portfolio manager and senior equity analyst with Voyageur Asset Management. She has over 13 years of investment management and non-profit experience.

Sometimes we spend too much time buried in the weeds and not enough time looking at the big picture.

Deciding to get an MBA is a big decision – I know it was for me when I went through the process. We look at rankings, review various publications, and get advice from friends and family. It is easy to get lost in the minutia of this ranking vs. that ranking, why one says one thing and another says something else, yet we really need to take a step back. What should someone be looking at when they evaluate MBA programs?

Make Your Campus Visit Count

I knew I wanted to get a degree in finance but wasn’t sure where the best place was to do that. I spent time evaluating rankings and getting advice on one school vs. another, and realized that I needed to look at what the school could provide for me throughout my career.

I visited all of the schools that I applied to (as well as a few that I didn’t), which was really the best way to see a program. My future classmates were going to be the people that I stayed connected to for my career. I met with students, staff and professors, sat in on a class, reviewed the alumni presence and wandered around the campus. I also met with the career counselors to see how the school could really help me to be successful.

I found that the culture of a program and the ability of that program to help me define who I wanted to be and then help me get there were THE most important things.

Seek Key Indicators for A Successful Finance Career

Kelley really fit everything I was looking for, as it has for countless other MBAs since I graduated:
  • The finance faculty is amazing and does a great job of teaching you both the academic side and the experiential side of learning.
  • The career services team works with you on an individualized basis to help you figure out what companies you are interested in and helps to connect you with companies and key alumni in the finance industry.
  • Top firms consistently recruit Kelley MBAs because of their knowledge, humility and adaptability.
  • Your academy directors help to expand your experiential learning through projects, visiting companies and alumni presentations, so you are ready on “day one” for that internship.
  • KelleySchool is recognized as a leading school where MBA graduates can earn $100k-plus in finance.
I chose Kelley for these reasons and have never had a moment’s regret on that decision. The program helped me to have a very successful career in finance and then pulled me back “home” to work for it now.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
WE: Consulting (Law)

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2016, 17:49
Applied in R2. Indian applicant. Still have not heard back. Is there still any hope of receiving an interview invite? Does anyone have any updates from the adcom to share?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.26
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 01:36
smartme wrote:
Applied in R2. Indian applicant. Still have not heard back. Is there still any hope of receiving an interview invite? Does anyone have any updates from the adcom to share?

Same here.... no update from adcom apart from silly promotional emails they keep sending :x . I guess in all probability it will be WL or ding now :|
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2016, 10:39
Any new invites ?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 09:04
Two more weeks!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.27
WE: Sales (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 11:00
elianebuback wrote:
Two more weeks!

Posted from my mobile device

I think decisions should start rolling by 7th march as per trend last year..one week before deadline..
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 610 Q39 V34
GPA: 3.14
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 13:56
I have been admitted!!!! I got an email this afternoon!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Other, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 14:04
bbednar wrote:

Congrats!!! Finally the wait is over!

Were there any details in the admit letter?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 610 Q39 V34
GPA: 3.14
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 14:08
nachobioteck wrote:
bbednar wrote:

Just that I would get a packet in the next 2 weeks stateing any information about scholarships and that I needed to make a deposit by may 1 to save my spot
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 14:13
Just accepted as well!!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 14:34
thung1 wrote:
Just accepted as well!!

Congrats! Could you please share your profile and when was your interview?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Other, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 14:43
bbednar wrote:
nachobioteck wrote:
bbednar wrote:

Just that I would get a packet in the next 2 weeks stateing any information about scholarships and that I needed to make a deposit by may 1 to save my spot

Actually I just got accepted too! I'm so pumped right now!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 15:08
Just accepted too!!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE: Analyst (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 15:31
Admitted!! I wasn't expecting to hear back so soon.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q38 V37
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 15:37
dpatt wrote:
Admitted!! I wasn't expecting to hear back so soon.

Whoa! Was totally expecting a decision next week. So excited. Congrats to everyone!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 02 Mar 2016, 15:37

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23    Next  [ 451 posts ] 

Calling all Kelley (Indiana) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: abhimahna, Hatakekakashi