GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2018, 22:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS '20 (S)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2018, 10:15
I got an email with my off-campus alumni interviewer match yesterday, but I checked my application portal this morning and there is no change there. Does everybody have that?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2018, 15:37
aa2437 wrote:
I got an email with my off-campus alumni interviewer match yesterday, but I checked my application portal this morning and there is no change there. Does everybody have that?

Yep. No change in App Portal. Got done with my off-campus interview a few days back and still no change. I think next change is on Mar 28.
Invited to Interview
10 Jan, 2018
crackspread GMAT: 770, Q49, V47; GPA: 3.3; WE: 84 months; United States, MA; via Email
Denied
05 Dec, 2017
swolecdn via Email
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 4
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2018, 02:07
I applied to the 1yr program on Jan 10th. After the application submit, I had to choose the date for on-campus interview (I had opted for on campus interview in the application form). Then later on, I received an email from them saying that I am not eligible for their 1 year program since I don’t fulfill their courses completed criteria. So on my request they transferred my application to the two year program.
Now does this mean that my scheduled on campus interview still holds or do I need to wait for an email from them confirming the same? Arnt almost all applicants interviewed (except for specific waivers)? Got confused because I saw so many invites for interview in this thread!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2018, 13:42
payalsinha1007 wrote:
I applied to the 1yr program on Jan 10th. After the application submit, I had to choose the date for on-campus interview (I had opted for on campus interview in the application form). Then later on, I received an email from them saying that I am not eligible for their 1 year program since I don’t fulfill their courses completed criteria. So on my request they transferred my application to the two year program.
Now does this mean that my scheduled on campus interview still holds or do I need to wait for an email from them confirming the same? Arnt almost all applicants interviewed (except for specific waivers)? Got confused because I saw so many invites for interview in this thread!

You should definitely call/email them to clarify.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2018, 20:34
Just talked to a friend who was at DAK this weekend. Apparently it was the largest DAK ever at ~500 people, and they said the typical yield rate from DAK attendance is over 80%. I’m very worried about Round 2 chances and getting off the waitlist at this point if 400 spots in the class are likely already filled.

Sent from my iPad using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2018, 21:21
dubcity12 wrote:
Just talked to a friend who was at DAK this weekend. Apparently it was the largest DAK ever at ~500 people, and they said the typical yield rate from DAK attendance is over 80%. I’m very worried about Round 2 chances and getting off the waitlist at this point if 400 spots in the class are likely already filled.

Hey dubcity12 don't quote me on this but think the 500 number was both accepted applicants and JVs (partners). That would be my guess from the crowd and I met a lot of JVs (although I think my groupings for different things might have been overrepresented with JVs or people who brought JVs). Also that included admits for the 1Y and MMM program (you might have already been taking that into account though). There were also a noticeable number of people I talked to making final decisions about other schools too. Wouldn't stress a ton and think of it as 400 of the like 475 seats are taken and focus on what's in your control and showing continued interest in Kellogg, but know that's easier said than done.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GRE 1: Q165 V166

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 15:22
For essay #1, I used two examples instead of one, because I couldn't make my story so lengthened...I felt I already had made my statement in about 250 words (not to mention I had become accustomed to Ross's short format which I had completed a few days earlier).

I was also running dangerously short of time...

For essay #2, I used one example to write over 400 words.

Do you think I'm doomed just because of what I did with the first essay?
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 17:33
ThadGA08 wrote:
dubcity12 wrote:

Hey dubcity12 don't quote me on this but think the 500 number was both accepted applicants and JVs (partners). That would be my guess from the crowd and I met a lot of JVs (although I think my groupings for different things might have been overrepresented with JVs or people who brought JVs). Also that included admits for the 1Y and MMM program (you might have already been taking that into account though). There were also a noticeable number of people I talked to making final decisions about other schools too. Wouldn't stress a ton and think of it as 400 of the like 475 seats are taken and focus on what's in your control and showing continued interest in Kellogg, but know that's easier said than done.

Good point. Total # of students graduating in Class of 2017 was 678 (per 2017 Employment Report)
132 1Y MBA
488 2Y MBA
58 MMM

GMAT Debrief - 770
bb's "The Definitive GMAT Study Plan" - 2016 Edition
Must read forum topics before you start your MBA application

Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.66
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 18:19
I visited the campus last week. If you haven't already, it's a good idea to visit, even if it's just to see the new building. Very creative design; somewhat similar in concept to Yale SOM's also relatively new building, but on a much grander scale.

logancircle8 wrote:
I'm in Philly and just heard

Shouldn't your name be Logan Square?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 18:28
stoiczoan wrote:
ThadGA08 wrote:
dubcity12 wrote:

Good point. Total # of students graduating in Class of 2017 was 678 (per 2017 Employment Report)
132 1Y MBA
488 2Y MBA
58 MMM

All I was saying is that the odds are worse than previous years. I still think that point is very valid. You can ignore it if you want to feel better, but that doesn’t change the stark reality here

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Invited to Interview
20 Sep, 2017
bskewl92 GMAT: 720, Q46, V44; GPA: 3.7; WE: 40 months; United States; via Email
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 09:39
Just had my interview, which I thought went fairly smooth. I am a reapplicant from last year; however, I didn't bring up my status as a reapplicant with the alumni interviewer as I didn't really find an appropriate spot to mention it without it sounding forced. Is that a cause for concern when the adcom reviews my application as a whole? I typed up the reapplicant essay obviously, so hopefully that is enough.
Denied
13 Dec, 2017
ViolentBuddha GMAT: 750, Q50, V40; GRE: 332, Q169, V163; GPA: 3.75; WE: 72 months; India; via Email
Ethics and truth are more important than marketing and personal-touch : how do you decide whose interview gets waived?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 10:54
DivineJustice wrote:
Just had my interview, which I thought went fairly smooth. I am a reapplicant from last year; however, I didn't bring up my status as a reapplicant with the alumni interviewer as I didn't really find an appropriate spot to mention it without it sounding forced. Is that a cause for concern when the adcom reviews my application as a whole? I typed up the reapplicant essay obviously, so hopefully that is enough.

DivineJustice I would not worry about this at all. Even if you had brought it up that's something that an alumni interviewer might not even mention in their notes and I doubt it's something that admissions would think you absolutely had to disclose (and that all cases where someone doesn't mention it that they are trying to be deceiving). I was also a reapplicant (but a few years between) and it didn't come up in my interview and I was accepted.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 10:58
ThadGA08 wrote:
DivineJustice wrote:

DivineJustice I would not worry about this at all. Even if you had brought it up that's something that an alumni interviewer might not even mention in their notes and I doubt it's something that admissions would think you absolutely had to disclose (and that all cases where someone doesn't mention it that they are trying to be deceiving). I was also a reapplicant (but a few years between) and it didn't come up in my interview and I was accepted.

Thanks for your comment! I feel more at ease now.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.86

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 15:33
Filthydelphia wrote:
I visited the campus last week. If you haven't already, it's a good idea to visit, even if it's just to see the new building. Very creative design; somewhat similar in concept to Yale SOM's also relatively new building, but on a much grander scale.

logancircle8 wrote:
I'm in Philly and just heard

Shouldn't your name be Logan Square?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan_Cir ... iladelphia)
Retired Thread Master
S
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.66

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 15:56
This off-campus interview process is testing my already limited patience ha.

I should've selected on-campus for a weekend slot.
Invited to Interview
05 Feb, 2018
ilucky22 GMAT: 700, Q49, V36; GPA: 3.2; WE: 55 months; Spain; via Email
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! &nbs [#permalink] 06 Feb 2018, 16:21

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  48   49   50   51   52   53   54  ...  66    Next  [ 1305 posts ] 

Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap