GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Sep 2018, 05:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Invited to Interview
27 Jan, 2018
thking GMAT: 740, Q50, V39; GPA: 3.81; WE: 67 months; Korea, Republic of; via Email
Invited to Interview
10 Jan, 2018
Private, GMAT: 710, Q49, V37; GPA: 4; WE: 60 months; Brazil; via Email
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V35
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2018, 09:00
Invited for off campus interview via email....Indian here.....first interview invite after dings from HBS, BOOTH and Fuqua...not too sure how to take it since Kellogg interview lot of of applicants....is it a good sign?...how many Indians are normally invited for off campus....? Can't make much sense of Kellogg interview policy...bit skeptical too...had lost all hopes after 3 dings...especially after ding from Fuqua as that was my best application....please enlighten me

Sent from my iPad using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GRE 1: Q165 V166
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2018, 22:56
I applied on January 11th central time (technically 10th Eastern Time but I'm still late)
They said I'm still being considered for R2...

Do you think I'm gonna be dinged? Nothing as to an interview invite yet...
Invited to Interview
10 Feb, 2018
fdsrocha GMAT: 710, Q51, V34; GPA: 3.3; WE: 86 months; Brazil; via Email
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.46
WE: Law (Law)

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 09:06
Does your portal update in any way once the interview report is submitted? I know there's nothing else for us to do, but it's been over a week since I interviewed and I'm curious if I'll see it got uploaded or not. Thanks in advance and good luck all!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.86

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 11:12
CFAFRMMBA wrote:
Invited for off campus interview via email....Indian here.....first interview invite after dings from HBS, BOOTH and Fuqua...not too sure how to take it since Kellogg interview lot of of applicants....is it a good sign?...how many Indians are normally invited for off campus....? Can't make much sense of Kellogg interview policy...bit skeptical too...had lost all hopes after 3 dings...especially after ding from Fuqua as that was my best application....please enlighten me

As stated in their official policy, they interview everyone.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 11:34
logancircle8 wrote:
CFAFRMMBA wrote:

Not all Indians/ Chinese I believe. Many folks from this part of world haven't heard back or either their interview has been waived....I am just trying to figure out how many Indians usually receive off campus invite..

Sent from my iPad using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Retired Thread Master
S
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.66

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 11:36
CFAFRMMBA wrote:
logancircle8 wrote:
CFAFRMMBA wrote:

Not all Indians/ Chinese I believe. Many folks from this part of world haven't heard back or either their interview has been waived....I am just trying to figure out how many Indians usually receive off campus invite..

I have received neither an invite nor a waiver, and I'm located in DC and submitted on December 26th. Just giving you a reference.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 11:40
sprinni wrote:
CFAFRMMBA wrote:
logancircle8 wrote:
[quote="CFAFRMMBA"]Invited for off campus interview via email....Indian here.....first interview invite after dings from HBS, BOOTH and Fuqua...not too sure how to take it since Kellogg interview lot of of applicants....is it a good sign?...how many Indians are normally invited for off campus....? Can't make much sense of Kellogg interview policy...bit skeptical too...had lost all hopes after 3 dings...especially after ding from Fuqua as that was my best application....please enlighten me

I have received neither an invite nor a waiver, and I'm located in DC and submitted on December 26th. Just giving you a reference.[/quote]
Best of luck buddy. It's about time I guess...they usually say 4 to 6 weeks for the invite.....

Retired Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 11:46
Thanks! Based on my understanding of the Kellogg-specific process, they do not open an applicant's file until an interview is given. If they don't feel they will have time to complete their review, they will waive the interview, begin the review of the application and reach back out to schedule a Skype interview should they be interested. This notion that waivers are granted to less competitive applicants isn't accurate.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 11:57
sprinni wrote:
Thanks! Based on my understanding of the Kellogg-specific process, they do not open an applicant's file until an interview is given. If they don't feel they will have time to complete their review, they will waive the interview, begin the review of the application and reach back out to schedule a Skype interview should they be interested. This notion that waivers are granted to less competitive applicants isn't accurate.

Ok...may be you are right....only Adcom can answer that...what about weightage of interview specific to admission to Kellogg? Any pointers there..

Retired Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 12:17
CFAFRMMBA wrote:
sprinni wrote:

Ok...may be you are right....only Adcom can answer that...what about weightage of interview specific to admission to Kellogg? Any pointers there..

Given the program's focus on collaboration, I think they place reasonable weight on the interview. I believe they're looking for team players who thrive in an interactive and collaborative environment. Again, it simply serves as another data point for the Admission Committee.
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 12:34
sprinni wrote:
CFAFRMMBA wrote:
sprinni wrote:

Given the program's focus on collaboration, I think they place reasonable weight on the interview. I believe they're looking for team players who thrive in an interactive and collaborative environment. Again, it simply serves as another data point for the Admission Committee.

So. I just came from DAK last week and I know Kellogg is known as the “collaboration” school but I think it is much deeper than that. They are looking for a specific type of person that is not only a good “collaborator” but also just has a strong desire to help other people succeed. At DAK they frequently talked about creating high impact low ego leaders who lead with heart. Therefore in an interview I would focus more on how your goals impact others beyond yourself and show how you care about enabling the success of the team. To me, that’s a bit more than just “works well in teams” it’s a specific type of person. If you can capture that in your interview you will do well.

I also believe that finding these types of leaders is the #1 priority for Kellogg so your interview and essays matter more at Kellogg than other schools such as a Wharton or Yale which cares a lot more about your numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Retired Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 12:37
So. I just came from DAK last week and I know Kellogg is known as the “collaboration” school but I think it is much deeper than that. They are looking for a specific type of person that is not only a good “collaborator” but also just has a strong desire to help other people succeed. At DAK they frequently talked about creating high impact low ego leaders who lead with heart. Therefore in an interview I would focus more on how your goals impact others beyond yourself and show how you care about enabling the success of the team. To me, that’s a bit more than just “works well in teams” it’s a specific type of person. If you can capture that in your interview you will do well.

I also believe that finding these types of leaders is the #1 priority for Kellogg so your interview and essays matter more at Kellogg than other schools such as a Wharton or Yale which cares a lot more about your numbers.

______

And that makes much more sense. Thanks for the input. Any insight on the waiver/interview process? I know quite a few folks are concerned regarding the Kellogg-specific process.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 13:02
FuturePM91 wrote:
sprinni wrote:
CFAFRMMBA wrote:
[quote="sprinni"]Thanks! Based on my understanding of the Kellogg-specific process, they do not open an applicant's file until an interview is given. If they don't feel they will have time to complete their review, they will waive the interview, begin the review of the application and reach back out to schedule a Skype interview should they be interested. This notion that waivers are granted to less competitive applicants isn't accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/quote]
Great insight....Thanks!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2018, 13:10
Hey all! Quick question. I have finished my interview for the MMM program a couple of weeks ago, and am waiting for a response. Does anyone know if Kellogg desponds by the decision date of March 28 or only ON the date itself? Asking because I have to commit to another program by then and I really don't want to without hearing back from Kellogg.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 07:18
khan27m wrote:
Hey all! Quick question. I have finished my interview for the MMM program a couple of weeks ago, and am waiting for a response. Does anyone know if Kellogg desponds by the decision date of March 28 or only ON the date itself? Asking because I have to commit to another program by then and I really don't want to without hearing back from Kellogg.

Hey khan27m 90% sure they called me on December 13th, which was the decision date for Round 1, but might have been the day before (it's kind of a haze now but pretty sure it was the morning of). Wasn't following the forums enough to see if they maybe called international students the day before. For schools that aren't rolling admissions/notification (Kellogg is not), the earliest I've seen schools call in advance is Ross calling US admits two days in advance. I imagine you need to commit to the other program earlier than that though. From reading these forums it seems that the top schools pretty much never give acceptances/rejection notifications early and conflicts with deposit deadlines are pretty common. You may have better luck asking the other program for an extension on making a deposit. Most of the time though people end up making the deposit and then if they get into the other school they end up just losing the first deposit since it's small compared to the price you're paying for your MBA and hopefully the ROI for a school like Kellogg (but I know in the moment that the $1,000-$2,000 is a big deal and it would be hard for me myself to do that). Not sure if someone else has stronger thoughts on whether still asking Kellogg would hurt your candidacy or not, but deposit extensions seem far more common from this forum than top schools notifying a candidate early (even in circumstances that might be considered more special or extreme than a deposit deadline).
Invited to Interview
22 Feb, 2018
grad2020 GMAT: 730, Q50, V38; GPA: 3.8; WE: 72 months; India; via Email
Invited to Interview
15 Feb, 2018
figureofwrit GMAT: 750, Q49, V42; GPA: 3.5; WE: 42 months; India; via Email
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! &nbs [#permalink] 15 Feb 2018, 02:12

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  50   51   52   53   54   55   56  ...  66    Next  [ 1305 posts ] 

Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap