Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [2]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q169 V165
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: Olin '18 (S)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V27
GMAT 2: 550 Q47 V20
GMAT 3: 620 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.17
WE:Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Hi guys. Current student here at KF. To all of you who have the chance, come visit the school in any of the open house events.
That really made a difference to me, particularly because I got to meet many people from admissions office.
I'm sure you will love the school as much as I did on my visit.
Best of luck to all candidates!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Has anyone applying in this app season done their interview yet?
Hey everyone,

I am a current student. If you are GLBTQ or Latino or Colombian or a minority of any kind, if you are a nontraditional student, if you went to an undergrad with no tests/grades/GPA if you are coming from a non-profit background and you want to learn more about the MBA admissions process at all or Kenan-Flager feel free to PM me. I'd be more than happy to help give you some insight. Also if you are planning on applying through Consortium, you definitely want to reach out. There's so much that I wish someone had explained to me that I didn't even know to ask.

And I know that as it gets closer to January more folks will be checking this forum, so even if you're reading this months from now and want to reach out please send me a message.

Originally posted by StormTrooper89 on 29 Sep 2015, 18:19.
Last edited by StormTrooper89 on 02 Oct 2015, 13:52, edited 3 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Send PM
TheFloridian wrote:

Hi TheFloridian, I completed my interview earlier this month. Your interview will be done with an Admissions Director. I found my interview to be very much a back and forth conversation, which made it much easier. Slotted time was for 30 minutes, but the interview was so comfortable and conversational, before we knew it an hour had passed!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 2.92
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
luzillo wrote:
Hi guys. Current student here at KF. To all of you who have the chance, come visit the school in any of the open house events.
That really made a difference to me, particularly because I got to meet many people from admissions office.
I'm sure you will love the school as much as I did on my visit.
Best of luck to all candidates!

I completely agree with luzillo. I had the opportunity of visiting the August Open House'15 at KFBS and it was a great experience. I had heard so many good things about KFBS and after visiting it, I would say it was understated.

I simply loved the students there. I still had my Open House tag on me and first year and second year students were stopping by and asking me how my day was, asking me if I would like to grab a beer at Franklin Street, etc. I was overwhelmed by the welcome I got from the Adcom as well as the students there.

Again stressing on the point, do visit the school. You will straight away know that it was all worth it.!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
TheFloridian wrote:

I had my interview during the August Open House and it was very conversational. They just want to know you better, I wouldn't expect any curve balls there. If you know why you need an MBA and how you are ready for it. You are all set. All the best for your interview.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 92
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
tiwarijay92 wrote:

I had my interview during the August Open House and it was very conversational. They just want to know you better, I wouldn't expect any curve balls there. If you know why you need an MBA and how you are ready for it. You are all set. All the best for your interview.

zprohawk wrote:

Hi TheFloridian, I completed my interview earlier this month. Your interview will be done with an Admissions Director. I found my interview to be very much a back and forth conversation, which made it much easier. Slotted time was for 30 minutes, but the interview was so comfortable and conversational, before we knew it an hour had passed!

Thanks for the input!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Send PM
tiwarijay92 wrote:
I simply loved the students there. I still had my Open House tag on me and first year and second year students were stopping by and asking me how my day was, asking me if I would like to grab a beer at Franklin Street, etc. I was overwhelmed by the welcome I got from the Adcom as well as the students there.

This was one reason why I matriculated here. The students aren't just putting on a good face for visitors - they really are very friendly. I'm very happy to know you had a good time on campus.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: Olin '18 (S)
Send PM
Hii,

Can somebody confirm that we can apply with unofficial scores. I have not requested GMAC to send my scores to UNC and is planning to meet Early round deadline.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Escalate wrote:
Hii,

Can somebody confirm that we can apply with unofficial scores. I have not requested GMAC to send my scores to UNC and is planning to meet Early round deadline.

Hi Escalate,

I am sure you can apply with unofficial scores. However, I am not sure if they require the official score for the application process or when you are admitted to the program. Just to be sure, I would suggest you to ask the adcom team at mba_info@unc.edu.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
I think you have to send your official scores to have your application reviewed, but you don't have to send them before you submit your application.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Can any of the current student throw some light on the EA. Is the offer binding
I know we should apply to EA only if the school is our first choice.

But what if I am unable to join the schools owing to some constraints such as finances.
In this case, do I still need to pay the deposit and then leave my admit or can I just leave it without any money?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
Can any of the current student throw some light on the EA. Is the offer binding
I know we should apply to EA only if the school is our first choice.

But what if I am unable to join the schools owing to some constraints such as finances.
In this case, do I still need to pay the deposit and then leave my admit or can I just leave it without any money?

As far as I can tell, the only difference between EA and regular admission rounds are that in EA, your deposit is higher and you are implicitly (or maybe explicitly) promising to matriculate if accepted.

I don't think you would need to send a deposit just for being admitted, but if this bothers you, you can apply Round 2 if that works with your other deposit deadlines (admissions for R2 get released Feb 1 at KF).

That being said, try talking to one of the admissions people. It makes their job more difficult when EA admits do not matriculate. mba_info [at] unc.edu
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Given Kudos: 444
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.84
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Guys,
Is it possible for international applicants to take advantage of open interview policy and schedule a Skype interview?Need inputs on this as i am pretty confused.
:/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
A pleasant surprise! Received an application fee waiver! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
sourabhsur123 wrote:

Congrats! Did you ask for it or did they just send you an email offering a fee waiver?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
kheown wrote:
sourabhsur123 wrote:

Congrats! Did you ask for it or did they just send you an email offering a fee waiver?

Thanks!

Even I received an application fee waiver from them. I think they are offering app. fee waiver on the basis of GMAT scores.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts