Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:22 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 141
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q43 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.65
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Ross '19 (M$)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Re: Calling all Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Just to be clear. Have all of the round two invitations been sent?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.09
Send PM
Re: Calling all Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Musa31 wrote:

No one really knows right now. We would probably know in a few days after Soojin update her blog.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
iVoRy wrote:
Musa31 wrote:

No one really knows right now. We would probably know in a few days after Soojin update her blog.

Appreciate it. Let's hope it's positive.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.85
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Wonder what the schools are doing about all the speculation around immigration laws? One would think they'd try and make more offers to ensure adequate international presence in the class. Anyone has any insights?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I have been researching on this topic for months now and trust me, no one has any idea...What gonna happen let's say 6 months down the line is anybody's guess. Having said that, if we go my rhetoric of the current administration it seems they are much more concerned about the the temporary work-force that is brought in (and rightly so) than the students who study and settle back in the US. But it gonna be more a political negotiation than a policy based on facts, so nothing can be concluded as of now..

Leohoney wrote:
Wonder what the schools are doing about all the speculation around immigration laws? One would think they'd try and make more offers to ensure adequate international presence in the class. Anyone has any insights?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.85
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
rohitbansal1507 wrote:
I have been researching on this topic for months now and trust me, no one has any idea...What gonna happen let's say 6 months down the line is anybody's guess. Having said that, if we go my rhetoric of the current administration it seems they are much more concerned about the the temporary work-force that is brought in (and rightly so) than the students who study and settle back in the US. But it gonna be more a political negotiation than a policy based on facts, so nothing can be concluded as of now..

Leohoney wrote:

There's speculation about OPT and H4 EAD being taken away - both of which will have direct impact on international candidates aspiring to work in the US after graduating.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
WE:Management Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Leohoney wrote:
rohitbansal1507 wrote:

Leohoney wrote:

There's speculation about OPT and H4 EAD being taken away - both of which will have direct impact on international candidates aspiring to work in the US after graduating.

Can you shed some more light on these? Sorry, I am a little unaware.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Hi guys,

I had an interview yesterday. Should I expect to recieve a final decision on March 17th (the official decision released day on Ross' website) or earlier than that, as I was part of the first wave in round 2?

Thank you in advance

Sent from my SM-G925F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [1]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
KostEY wrote:
Hi guys,

I had an interview yesterday. Should I expect to recieve a final decision on March 17th (the official decision released day on Ross' website) or earlier than that, as I was part of the first wave in round 2?

Thank you in advance

Sent from my SM-G925F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Yes, the final decision will be released on 17th March only, irrespective of Interview invites.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
Send PM
Any update guys?

Sent from my Onyx (Android Nougat 7.1.1 Arsenic kernel R32) using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [2]
Given Kudos: 89
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
Kudos
Musa31 wrote:
iVoRy wrote:
Musa31 wrote:

I spoke to the adcom - they were non committal on whether more invites are to go out or not - but suggested that if you dont have an invite - then its pretty much game over.

Time to move on.

What was the email id that invites are coming from? I want to re-check my gmail one last time (jeez)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 141
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q43 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.65
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Thanks for sharing your findings; sorry for the candid question: but do you know or any other on this forum if ross will send an email informing we're waitlisted or denied for those who didnt receive any invite?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GRE 1: Q167 V157
Send PM
shutter_Stock These are visa types that graduates can use for the interim period between graduation and a successful H1B work visa. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optional_ ... l_Training)

I quite agree with rohitbansal1507. Cancelling OPT & H4 altogether pushes almost 20-40% of the current US graduate students into a visa blackhole. You can imagine the repercussions of this move on the businesses that grumpy grampa is trying to promote. Some seem to propose that they might go Singapore's way in giving preference for locals followed by graduate students from their own country and imposing a cap on work visas per company for the rest.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
Send PM
bb10 wrote:
Musa31 wrote:
iVoRy wrote:
[quote="Musa31"]Just to be clear. Have all of the round two invitations been sent?

I spoke to the adcom - they were non committal on whether more invites are to go out or not - but suggested that if you dont have an invite - then its pretty much game over.

Time to move on.

What was the email id that invites are coming from? I want to re-check my gmail one last time (jeez)[/quote]
You spoke to adcom on phone or viz. Email?

Sent from my Onyx (Android Nougat 7.1.1 Arsenic kernel R32) using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.09
Send PM
Quote:
The final wave of Round 2 interview invitations went out last Friday, Jan 27. Applicants who didn’t receive an invitation will proceed in the evaluation process for the committee to determine whether to waitlist or deny.

From the above blog post, It sounds like game over for some of us.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Just to be clear of the facts..In Singapore there's no preference for graduate students from Singapore...Yes quota system exist and so does nationality limitations and government never releases these details in public. US is an open democracy, it can't (and should not) follow such laws...IMHO

s7sara wrote:
shutter_Stock These are visa types that graduates can use for the interim period between graduation and a successful H1B work visa. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optional_ ... l_Training)

I quite agree with rohitbansal1507. Cancelling OPT & H4 altogether pushes almost 20-40% of the current US graduate students into a visa blackhole. You can imagine the repercussions of this move on the businesses that grumpy grampa is trying to promote. Some seem to propose that they might go Singapore's way in giving preference for locals followed by graduate students from their own country and imposing a cap on work visas per company for the rest.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.76
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
iVoRy wrote:
Quote:
The final wave of Round 2 interview invitations went out last Friday, Jan 27. Applicants who didn’t receive an invitation will proceed in the evaluation process for the committee to determine whether to waitlist or deny.

From the above blog post, It sounds like game over for some of us.

As suspected, time for me to move on. Easier to assume a ding than impatiently wait until March 17 for the actual decision. Good luck to everyone interviewing.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31  ...  33   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts