It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 10:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Aug 2015
Posts: 133

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 76

Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.38
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 08:15
Hi,

Please advise on the essay topics pls..

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 76

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 28

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 22:23
ss20tali wrote:
Can anybody tell me the procedure for letters of recommendation? Is it online or paper based?
Can they be submitted before application is submitted?

Hi Ss20tali,

Once you submit your application your recommenders will receive an email with the referee report in PDF format which they need to fill and email it back to the school.

Regards,
Nigel

Sent from my Nexus 5X using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 169

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 22:31
nigelneildsouza wrote:
ss20tali wrote:
Can anybody tell me the procedure for letters of recommendation? Is it online or paper based?
Can they be submitted before application is submitted?

Hi Ss20tali,

Once you submit your application your recommenders will receive an email with the referee report in PDF format which they need to fill and email it back to the school.

Regards,
Nigel

Sent from my Nexus 5X using GMAT Club Forum mobile app



They need to email from official email ID?

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Mar 2015
Posts: 24

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2016, 01:05
Hey Guys,
Does anyone know whether all the interview invites have been rolled out or not?
NTU seems to be totally unresponsive :(

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Aug 2015
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Location: India
Schools: NUS '18, NTU '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2016, 01:06
DerrickRose23 wrote:
Hey Guys,
Does anyone know whether all the interview invites have been rolled out or not?
NTU seems to be totally unresponsive :(


When did you submit your application?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Mar 2015
Posts: 24

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2016, 01:12
ankitagrawal091 wrote:
DerrickRose23 wrote:
Hey Guys,
Does anyone know whether all the interview invites have been rolled out or not?
NTU seems to be totally unresponsive :(


When did you submit your application?

I submitted my application on 26th Oct.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Aug 2015
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Location: India
Schools: NUS '18, NTU '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2016, 01:16
DerrickRose23 wrote:
ankitagrawal091 wrote:
DerrickRose23 wrote:
Hey Guys,
Does anyone know whether all the interview invites have been rolled out or not?
NTU seems to be totally unresponsive :(


When did you submit your application?

I submitted my application on 26th Oct.


I think you should have got an interview invite in one of coffee chat sessions if you submitted before Round 1 deadline. But I am not sure how the process works. I think they will start rolling out the final decisions by Dec 15th. I think you can still hope to get an invite before that :)


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Mar 2015
Posts: 24

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2016, 02:02
I think you should have got an interview invite in one of coffee chat sessions if you submitted before Round 1 deadline. But I am not sure how the process works. I think they will start rolling out the final decisions by Dec 15th. I think you can still hope to get an invite before that :)


I got an Invite for coffee chat sessions but all the locations available were in India. I am working abroad. They didn't give any information about any skype sessions.
Do they send a separate mail for an interview invitation? If so what does the mail body say?
I really don't understand their procedure :(

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Nov 2016
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2016, 04:27
vineetsharma wrote:
naveenayyan wrote:
vineetsharma wrote:
Admitted.

Submitted Application on : 1st November
Invited to Interview on: 11th November
Interviewed on: 16th November
Offered admission on: 23rd November

All the best to the remaining applicants.
(FYI I am a Singaporean based in Singapore so this could be one reason why the entire process was so fast.)


Congratz Vineet :)
I had my interview yesterday.....
How was your interview? and did you bag any scholarship?


Great hope you hear from them soon. My interview was a pleasant experience. The mood was generally light.
Still waiting on them for scholarship details. During the interview I was informed that the scholarship details usually follow a few days after the admission offer. It's been 7 days since I received the offer of admission so hoping to from them soon.


DerrickRose23 wrote:
Hey guys,
Congrats to both of you!
Could you please share your interview experiences?



Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Hi DerrickRose23,

Like I mentioned above. The interview was more of a casual chat. I feel what they are looking for is if you have thought through doing an MBA and that too why the Nanyang MBA.

The questions were typical interview questions and included some about my current role
1) Why do an mba?
2) Why not a part time MBA?
3) Why not NUS?
4) And why MBA in particular and not any other masters or specialization course.

Just an advise, have at least 2(min)-3 questions ready for them because they kept asking me if I had any questions for them.

Hope this helps. All the best to the other applicants

Congratulations vineetsharma..

I got a GMAT score of 610.(q-47,V-27)
Do you think it is enough to apply for NTU.. Though I plan to retake my GMAT in 2 weeks.. Any advice on the application part.. Help me..

Sent from my C6902 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2016
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Location: Singapore
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 2.68
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2016, 21:22
Hi Hemanth2017 I sent you a PM. Cheers

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 24

Kudos [?]: 13 [2], given: 58

Location: India
Schools: NTU '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.33
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 22:31
2
This post received
KUDOS
Admitted!!!!!

Received an offer just a few minutes ago!!

Kudos [?]: 13 [2], given: 58

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 28

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 23:05
Admitted, finally the good news is here

Sent from my Nexus 5X using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Aug 2015
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Location: India
Schools: NUS '18, NTU '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 23:06
Admitted! Finally something to feel happy about.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 24

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 58

Location: India
Schools: NTU '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.33
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 23:16
nigelneildsouza wrote:
Admitted, finally the good news is here

Sent from my Nexus 5X using GMAT Club Forum mobile app



Congrats Nigel!!!


!!!!!

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 58

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Sep 2014
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Concentration: Marketing, Technology
Schools: NTU '19 (A)
WE: Sales (Health Care)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2016, 04:06
got the admit!!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

NTU Nanyang Thread Master
User avatar
B
Status: It`s Just a pirates life !
Joined: 21 Mar 2014
Posts: 235

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 246

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2016, 06:36
Hello friends,

I am aiming for the round 2 applications (5th January - deadline).

I have a question pertaining to recommendations.

Say I submit the application on January 5th, will the recommendation form be rolled out after that?

Is it still fine if my recommender's submit the form after 5th Jan? (since the date crossed the deadline).

Thanks
Balaji
_________________

Aiming for a 3 digit number with 7 as hundredths Digit

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 246

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2016
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 11 [2], given: 1

Location: Singapore
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 2.68
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2016, 20:09
2
This post received
KUDOS
Balajikarthick1990 wrote:
Hello friends,

I am aiming for the round 2 applications (5th January - deadline).

I have a question pertaining to recommendations.

Say I submit the application on January 5th, will the recommendation form be rolled out after that?

Is it still fine if my recommender's submit the form after 5th Jan? (since the date crossed the deadline).

Thanks
Balaji

Hi Balaji,

I had the same question when I was applying during Round 1 and I spoke to the admissions officer regarding this. They advised me to complete the form before the application deadline to facilitate the process and they sent me the referee report form by mail to forward to the my referees so that they would have some time to act on it. The referee report form is also available on the Nanyang MBA Website but you have to dig around a bit for it (I had missed it, hence I approached the admissions officer).

Go to http://www.nanyangmba.ntu.edu.sg/admiss ... n-process/
and click on "2. PREPARE AND UPLOAD SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS"
If you scroll down to the Referee Reports section then there is a hyperlink to download the referee report form.

I suggest that you download the form and forward it to your referees yourself and aim for them to submit it by the application deadline. The form also states " please email to mba.admissions@ntu.edu.sg using your official email address." so your referees can submit their forms independently.

All the best for your application

Cheers,
Vineet

Kudos [?]: 11 [2], given: 1

NTU Nanyang Thread Master
User avatar
B
Status: It`s Just a pirates life !
Joined: 21 Mar 2014
Posts: 235

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 246

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2016, 20:40
vineetsharma wrote:
Balajikarthick1990 wrote:
Hello friends,

I am aiming for the round 2 applications (5th January - deadline).

I have a question pertaining to recommendations.

Say I submit the application on January 5th, will the recommendation form be rolled out after that?

Is it still fine if my recommender's submit the form after 5th Jan? (since the date crossed the deadline).

Thanks
Balaji

Hi Balaji,

I had the same question when I was applying during Round 1 and I spoke to the admissions officer regarding this. They advised me to complete the form before the application deadline to facilitate the process and they sent me the referee report form by mail to forward to the my referees so that they would have some time to act on it. The referee report form is also available on the Nanyang MBA Website but you have to dig around a bit for it (I had missed it, hence I approached the admissions officer).

Go to http://www.nanyangmba.ntu.edu.sg/admiss ... n-process/
and click on "2. PREPARE AND UPLOAD SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS"
If you scroll down to the Referee Reports section then there is a hyperlink to download the referee report form.

I suggest that you download the form and forward it to your referees yourself and aim for them to submit it by the application deadline. The form also states " please email to mba.admissions@ntu.edu.sg using your official email address." so your referees can submit their forms independently.

All the best for your application

Cheers,
Vineet


Thank you Vineet. I really appreciate your gesture.
_________________

Aiming for a 3 digit number with 7 as hundredths Digit

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 246

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 169

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2016, 21:07
vineetsharma wrote:
Balajikarthick1990 wrote:
Hello friends,

I am aiming for the round 2 applications (5th January - deadline).

I have a question pertaining to recommendations.

Say I submit the application on January 5th, will the recommendation form be rolled out after that?

Is it still fine if my recommender's submit the form after 5th Jan? (since the date crossed the deadline).

Thanks
Balaji

Hi Balaji,

I had the same question when I was applying during Round 1 and I spoke to the admissions officer regarding this. They advised me to complete the form before the application deadline to facilitate the process and they sent me the referee report form by mail to forward to the my referees so that they would have some time to act on it. The referee report form is also available on the Nanyang MBA Website but you have to dig around a bit for it (I had missed it, hence I approached the admissions officer).

Go to http://www.nanyangmba.ntu.edu.sg/admiss ... n-process/
and click on "2. PREPARE AND UPLOAD SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS"
If you scroll down to the Referee Reports section then there is a hyperlink to download the referee report form.

I suggest that you download the form and forward it to your referees yourself and aim for them to submit it by the application deadline. The form also states " please email to mba.admissions@ntu.edu.sg using your official email address." so your referees can submit their forms independently.

All the best for your application

Cheers,
Vineet


Hi Vineet,

the recommenders have to submit referee report online or should it be emailed compulsorily?

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2016
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Location: Singapore
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 2.68
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2016, 21:28
ss20tali wrote:

Hi Vineet,

the recommenders have to submit referee report online or should it be emailed compulsorily?


Hi ss20tali,

I cant comment on this since my referees submitted their reports via e-mail so I am not sure if there is any avenue to upload/submit online.

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 13 Dec 2016, 21:28

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12    Next  [ 223 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aerien, BrushMyQuant



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.