It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 03:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 4774

Kudos [?]: 3786 [0], given: 2445

Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2016, 02:17

Kudos [?]: 3786 [0], given: 2445

NTU Nanyang Thread Master
User avatar
B
Status: It`s Just a pirates life !
Joined: 21 Mar 2014
Posts: 235

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 246

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2016, 04:55
Hi,

I am finding a bit difficult to articulate things pertaining to essay 5 - why do you deserve a scholarship?

Can anyone shed some light on the same about what is expected in this essay?

Best Regards
Balaji
_________________

Aiming for a 3 digit number with 7 as hundredths Digit

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 246

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 4774

Kudos [?]: 3786 [0], given: 2445

Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2016, 05:12
Hi Guys - Please join me in welcoming Balajikarthick1990 as a Thread Master for NTU Nanyang. We are thrilled to have him on the site and joining the Thread Master ranks. He joined GMAT Club community in March 2014 and has since then demonstrated leadership and helpfulness in forum discussions. He is applying to Nanyang in R2 this year.

If anyone has any questions about NTU's forum, deadlines, school stats, feel free to PM him. For now, welcome him and wish him best of luck as the ThreadMaster.

Best Regards,
Narenn
_________________

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3786 [0], given: 2445

NTU Nanyang Thread Master
User avatar
B
Status: It`s Just a pirates life !
Joined: 21 Mar 2014
Posts: 235

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 246

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2016, 05:40
Narenn wrote:
Hi Guys - Please join me in welcoming Balajikarthick1990 as a Thread Master for NTU Nanyang. We are thrilled to have him on the site and joining the Thread Master ranks. He joined GMAT Club community in March 2014 and has since then demonstrated leadership and helpfulness in forum discussions. He is applying to Nanyang in R2 this year.

If anyone has any questions about NTU's forum, deadlines, school stats, feel free to PM him. For now, welcome him and wish him best of luck as the ThreadMaster.

Best Regards,
Narenn


Thanks. I really feel happy to be a part of this community.

Best Regards
Balaji
_________________

Aiming for a 3 digit number with 7 as hundredths Digit

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 246

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Apr 2012
Posts: 94

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 75

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 660 Q45 V35
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 2.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2016, 09:17
vgk92 wrote:
karant wrote:
Hello,

Congrats to folks who got admitted !

Could you please help me with second essay.

Tell us about two achievements (one as a leader and one as a team member) that you are most proud of, and why you feel that to be so. (400 word limit)

I am finding it difficult to bifurcate the achievements. Can I write achievements like this ?

As a leader -

XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX

As a team member -
YYYYYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYY

Or, I should not explicitly write As a leader ; as a team member in the headings.

Any insight will be highly appreciable !

Thanks



Both should be fine.
I did neither. I specified within the body of each paragraph itself as to how the situation helped me as a member/leader in order to conserve words.


Thanks for the help !

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 75

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Dec 2016
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 1

Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.68
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2016, 09:50
1
This post received
KUDOS
surmeets91 wrote:
mbaexpress wrote:
Admitted. Received a mail yesterday.

Are there any social media groups for admitted students? Would love to interact with my future batchmates :)


Congrats, i got through too :)

Even i would like to know if there are any mediums to interact with my future classmates? :)


Hi Surmeet, Others,

Is NTU still rolling out admits for R1? Because I am yet to receive any email from them.
When did you guys give the interview?

Did you contact the Adcom team post your application?

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Jul 2010
Posts: 62

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

Location: India
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.4
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2016, 09:09
Hi Guys,
Congratulations to all those who are admitted.
I have a 660 GMAT and am a Indian IT Male with 10 years of experience.
Is it worth applying to the program ?
Does the school do pre-application profile evaluation ?


-Arun

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 24

Kudos [?]: 13 [2], given: 58

Location: India
Schools: NTU '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.33
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2016, 19:01
2
This post received
KUDOS
Balajikarthick1990 wrote:
Hi,

I am finding a bit difficult to articulate things pertaining to essay 5 - why do you deserve a scholarship?

Can anyone shed some light on the same about what is expected in this essay?

Best Regards
Balaji


Hi Balaji!

You will have to answer with repsect to each scholorship you are eligible for. For example, if you are eligible for "Emerging Market leader scholorship" then highlight how your market is niche and how it is going to be the next big thing. Also, try to stress on how proud you are in being associated with such an industry and what position you see yourself holding in a couple of years if you intend to return to the same industry.

This is just an example. You can work in line with this strategy for other scholorships as per your eligibility. The list of scholorships and eligibility criteria is available in their website!!

All the very best !

Kudos [?]: 13 [2], given: 58

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Dec 2016
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: NTU '19 (A)
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2016, 22:46
dhruv111 wrote:
surmeets91 wrote:
mbaexpress wrote:
Admitted. Received a mail yesterday.

Are there any social media groups for admitted students? Would love to interact with my future batchmates :)


Congrats, i got through too :)

Even i would like to know if there are any mediums to interact with my future classmates? :)


Hi Surmeet, Others,

Is NTU still rolling out admits for R1? Because I am yet to receive any email from them.
When did you guys give the interview?

Did you contact the Adcom team post your application?



I am not too sure if they are still rolling out admits, i got mine in 19th December. My interviews were conducted on 3rd and 8th December.

I was in touch with the adcom after i gave my interviews.

Let me know if this helps.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

NTU Nanyang Thread Master
User avatar
B
Status: It`s Just a pirates life !
Joined: 21 Mar 2014
Posts: 235

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 246

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2016, 00:38
vgk92 wrote:
Balajikarthick1990 wrote:
Hi,

I am finding a bit difficult to articulate things pertaining to essay 5 - why do you deserve a scholarship?

Can anyone shed some light on the same about what is expected in this essay?

Best Regards
Balaji


Hi Balaji!

You will have to answer with repsect to each scholorship you are eligible for. For example, if you are eligible for "Emerging Market leader scholorship" then highlight how your market is niche and how it is going to be the next big thing. Also, try to stress on how proud you are in being associated with such an industry and what position you see yourself holding in a couple of years if you intend to return to the same industry.

This is just an example. You can work in line with this strategy for other scholorships as per your eligibility. The list of scholorships and eligibility criteria is available in their website!!

All the very best !


Thanks mate.
_________________

Aiming for a 3 digit number with 7 as hundredths Digit

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 246

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Sep 2015
Posts: 55

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 20

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2016, 09:16
Hi All

I submitted my application on 20th December and got a link from the admissions team to upload the supporting documents if I have not done so yet.

Even though I did upload all the documents during submission, I noticed today on the link that my resume was not the updated one. There was a remove option there, so I removed my resume and uploaded the correct one. Hope that there is no issue with that . I think there was a remove option so I feel that we can make changes before deadline.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 20

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Apr 2012
Posts: 94

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 75

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 660 Q45 V35
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 2.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2017, 11:13
Hello Guys,

Need little help !

Do we need to send an official score to NTU from mba.com ?

Thanks

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 75

NTU Nanyang Thread Master
User avatar
B
Status: It`s Just a pirates life !
Joined: 21 Mar 2014
Posts: 235

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 246

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2017, 11:43
karant wrote:
Hello Guys,

Need little help !

Do we need to send an official score to NTU from mba.com ?

Thanks


Hi Karant,

Please find the citation from NTU on this and I quote:

"GMAT or GRE score report
You may upload your unofficial or test taker copy if you do not have your official test scores on hand. Please arrange to have your official test scores sent to Nanyang Business School. Our GMAT institution code is V24-ZV-13 and our GRE DI code is 3802."

Hope this helps.

CHeers
Balaji
_________________

Aiming for a 3 digit number with 7 as hundredths Digit

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 246

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Apr 2012
Posts: 94

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 75

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 660 Q45 V35
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 2.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2017, 12:51
Balajikarthick1990 wrote:
karant wrote:
Hello Guys,

Need little help !

Do we need to send an official score to NTU from mba.com ?

Thanks


Hi Karant,

Please find the citation from NTU on this and I quote:

"GMAT or GRE score report
You may upload your unofficial or test taker copy if you do not have your official test scores on hand. Please arrange to have your official test scores sent to Nanyang Business School. Our GMAT institution code is V24-ZV-13 and our GRE DI code is 3802."

Hope this helps.

CHeers
Balaji


Hi Balajikarthick1990,

Thanks for the prompt response.

If we have official report in hand, then we don't need to send the official score through MBA.com. We may upload the official score.

Am I right ?

Thanks

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 75

NTU Nanyang Thread Master
User avatar
B
Status: It`s Just a pirates life !
Joined: 21 Mar 2014
Posts: 235

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 246

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2017, 13:15
karant wrote:
Balajikarthick1990 wrote:
karant wrote:
Hello Guys,

Need little help !

Do we need to send an official score to NTU from mba.com ?

Thanks


Hi Karant,

Please find the citation from NTU on this and I quote:

"GMAT or GRE score report
You may upload your unofficial or test taker copy if you do not have your official test scores on hand. Please arrange to have your official test scores sent to Nanyang Business School. Our GMAT institution code is V24-ZV-13 and our GRE DI code is 3802."

Hope this helps.

CHeers
Balaji


Hi Balajikarthick1990,

Thanks for the prompt response.

If we have official report in hand, then we don't need to send the official score through MBA.com. We may upload the official score.

Am I right ?

Thanks


Hi, Sending the official score is a mandate. Before your GMAT exam had started, you would have chosen 5 schools to send your scores?

Did you include nanyang business school (Full time MBA) in that?

If yes, then the scores would have reached them and you just need to upload your copy. You would find the schools list (what you have chosen) in the official score card.

If No, then you have to go to MBA.com and pay some dollars and send your official score to NTU (based on the code provided by them).

Hope you got the point.

Cheers
Balaji
_________________

Aiming for a 3 digit number with 7 as hundredths Digit

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 246

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Apr 2012
Posts: 94

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 75

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 660 Q45 V35
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 2.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2017, 09:18
Thanks Balaji !!

Actually, I am reapplicant and applying with the same score as the past year's. Last year, I have sent my official score to NTU through MBA.com.

Do I need to send again? Any idea?

Thanks again for your help !

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 75

NTU Nanyang Thread Master
User avatar
B
Status: It`s Just a pirates life !
Joined: 21 Mar 2014
Posts: 235

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 246

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2017, 13:48
karant wrote:
Thanks Balaji !!

Actually, I am reapplicant and applying with the same score as the past year's. Last year, I have sent my official score to NTU through MBA.com.

Do I need to send again? Any idea?

Thanks again for your help !


I would suggest you to write an email to ntu admissions. I feel that would be the best way to get this clarified.

Cheers
Balaji
_________________

Aiming for a 3 digit number with 7 as hundredths Digit

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 246

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Dec 2013
Posts: 16

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 27

Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2017, 23:18
Hello Guys

I submitted my application yesterday. I have noticed after submission that I misspelt my NAME in the app.

I have mailed them, requesting to change it. Any idea if they will entertain my request?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 27

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 May 2015
Posts: 44

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 04:33
Hi all,
Can I submit my application today and request my referees to send the recos day-after-tomorrow?

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Apr 2012
Posts: 94

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 75

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 660 Q45 V35
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 2.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 09:18
drashi17 wrote:
Hi all,
Can I submit my application today and request my referees to send the recos day-after-tomorrow?



Hello drashi17

Yes, you can submit the application now and ask the referees to submit the recommendations within 5 days.

Following is the line from mail that you and your referees will receive once you hit 'Submit' button

Kindly complete your recommendation and send it directly to us at mba.admissions@ntu.edu.sg within the next 5 working days.


Hope this helps ! All the best !

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 75

Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 05 Jan 2017, 09:18

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12    Next  [ 224 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.