Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 19:45 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 19:45
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: General Management
Schools: NTU '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 174 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.75
WE:Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 64
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.33
WE:Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 246
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
vgk92 wrote:
Balajikarthick1990 wrote:
Hi,

There is a tab in the application that asks for the number of times I have taken my GMAT.

I have taken GMAT 3 times. I cancelled the 3rd time since my score was equal to that of what I scored in my 2nd attempt. So it doesn`t reflect in my score card.

Do I need to mention the number of times as 2 or 3?

Regards
Balaji

You can give 2 and attach the applicant score card for the 2nd test that show only two attempts.

Did the same

Thank you so much. One more question. NTU doesn`t ask for your 10th class or 12th class scores?

I was not able to find a place where I can fill this.

Regards
Balaji
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
vgk92 wrote:
Hi,

There is a tab in the application that asks for the number of times I have taken my GMAT.

I have taken GMAT 3 times. I cancelled the 3rd time since my score was equal to that of what I scored in my 2nd attempt. So it doesn`t reflect in my score card.

Do I need to mention the number of times as 2 or 3?

Regards
Balaji

You can give 2 and attach the applicant score card for the 2nd test that show only two attempts.

Did the same

Thank you so much. One more question. NTU doesn`t ask for your 10th class or 12th class scores?

I was not able to find a place where I can fill this.

Regards
Balaji

No foreign University(NUS/Insead/NTU) asks that! It's only the Indian Univ that are interested in 10th , 12th scores.
But if your score is v.good , you can include that in "other achievements" column.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Are people still getting admits ? I had my interview on 28th Nov at Mumbai. I believe some have got offers. I haven't received any mail yet. Should I consider it a ding ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
No foreign University(NUS/Insead/NTU) asks that! It's only the Indian Univ that are interested in 10th , 12th scores.
But if your score is v.good , you can include that in "other achievements" column.[/quote]

Wow! That`s a new information for me. Thank you!

Regadrds
Balaji
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: General Management
Schools: NTU '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
Kudos
Admitted. Received a mail yesterday.

Are there any social media groups for admitted students? Would love to interact with my future batchmates :)
Intern
Intern
Schools: NTU '18 (A)
Send PM
mbaexpress wrote:

Are there any social media groups for admitted students? Would love to interact with my future batchmates :)

Congrats, i got through too :)

Even i would like to know if there are any mediums to interact with my future classmates? :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
surmeets91 wrote:
mbaexpress wrote:

Congrats, i got through too :)

Even i would like to know if there are any mediums to interact with my future classmates? :)

I have pinged you (PM) the details

And Congrats on receiving the admit!1!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.54
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
My university degree does not have a class of honours mentioned. I have tried asking the admission team but they have not given any firm reply. Can anybody help me on this?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anujbairoliya wrote:
My university degree does not have a class of honours mentioned. I have tried asking the admission team but they have not given any firm reply. Can anybody help me on this?

Why dont you ask your university and find out whether they award a class. If they do then usually it is mentioned in the degree scroll.
Its not mandatory in the application though . However, If you know your rank/percentile then you can mention it in other achievements.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 660 Q45 V35
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 2.8
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hello,

Congrats to folks who got admitted !

Could you please help me with second essay.

Tell us about two achievements (one as a leader and one as a team member) that you are most proud of, and why you feel that to be so. (400 word limit)

I am finding it difficult to bifurcate the achievements. Can I write achievements like this ?

As a leader -

XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX

As a team member -
YYYYYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYY

Or, I should not explicitly write As a leader ; as a team member in the headings.

Any insight will be highly appreciable !

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.54
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
vgk92 wrote:
anujbairoliya wrote:

Why dont you ask your university and find out whether they award a class. If they do then usually it is mentioned in the degree scroll.
Its not mandatory in the application though . However, If you know your rank/percentile then you can mention it in other achievements.

My university does not has a class system. And moreover its mandatory in the application. The application system is not letting me go to the next section without filling the class of honors.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anujbairoliya wrote:
vgk92 wrote:
anujbairoliya wrote:

My university does not has a class system. And moreover its mandatory in the application. The application system is not letting me go to the next section without filling the class of honors.

Do you have something like a "Distinction". My univ doesnt have a class system either. But anyone who had 8 and above GPA with a paper publication received distinction, which is equivalent to 1st class honors in UK system and cum laude (top 10%) in latin/US. (I had distinction mentioned in the degree scroll)

You have to just put an equivalent class. if you know your percentile or rank (even roughly). But if I remember right, you can choose "none" and go ahead with the application. Personally, I feel it's better to choose that than put something that you dont have a proof of.

Either way. All the best!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
karant wrote:
Hello,

Congrats to folks who got admitted !

Could you please help me with second essay.

Tell us about two achievements (one as a leader and one as a team member) that you are most proud of, and why you feel that to be so. (400 word limit)

I am finding it difficult to bifurcate the achievements. Can I write achievements like this ?

As a leader -

XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX

As a team member -
YYYYYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYY

Or, I should not explicitly write As a leader ; as a team member in the headings.

Any insight will be highly appreciable !

Thanks

Both should be fine.
I did neither. I specified within the body of each paragraph itself as to how the situation helped me as a member/leader in order to conserve words.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 2.68
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10213 [0]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congrats to all admits! Here's a separate discussion thread for admitted students to discuss next things... nyu-nanyang-class-of-2018-calling-all-admitted-students-231347.html
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi,

I am finding a bit difficult to articulate things pertaining to essay 5 - why do you deserve a scholarship?

Can anyone shed some light on the same about what is expected in this essay?

Best Regards
Balaji
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6985 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
236 posts