It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 22:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 2.4
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2017, 10:51
KJohson78 wrote:
What's an affordable place to live that's not too far from campus?....Am I stuck with NJ or Brooklyn pretty much?

Depends what affordable means to you. If $2500 a month is affordable, you can prob find a studio downtown manhattan somewhere in a really old building, but they are hard to find. Further you are from Manhattan, the cheaper it gets. I can't see you finding anything under $2500 in livable areas in Brooklyn. But I'm sure you can find a decent place for a little over $1200 for an apartment with a roommate in manhattan, most likely sharing a one bedroom.

Hope this helps.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Schools: Stern '20 (II)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2017, 06:29
builtok wrote:
KJohson78 wrote:
What's an affordable place to live that's not too far from campus?....Am I stuck with NJ or Brooklyn pretty much?

Depends what affordable means to you. If $2500 a month is affordable, you can prob find a studio downtown manhattan somewhere in a really old building, but they are hard to find. Further you are from Manhattan, the cheaper it gets. I can't see you finding anything under $2500 in livable areas in Brooklyn. But I'm sure you can find a decent place for a little over $1200 for an apartment with a roommate in manhattan, most likely sharing a one bedroom.

Hope this helps.

Depends on what "far" means. Also, what "liveable" means. If you want to live near campus you'll be paying a lot, probably around 1500 for a room in an apartment. If you want a half hour or 45 minute commute you can find a studio for that much. I have friends who live in Crown Heights who pay 700-900 for their rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2017, 06:52
nokinok wrote:
builtok wrote:
KJohson78 wrote:

Hope this helps.

Depends on what "far" means. Also, what "liveable" means. If you want to live near campus you'll be paying a lot, probably around 1500 for a room in an apartment. If you want a half hour or 45 minute commute you can find a studio for that much. I have friends who live in Crown Heights who pay 700-900 for their rooms.

If you're not familiar with NYC rentals, I recommend checking out Streeteasy to search for an apartment. You can get a general sense of how much each neighborhood costs from that. I've lived around campus, and paid $1650 for a 2-bedroom and currently pay $2150 for a studio if that helps!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2017, 04:24
I am really struggling with the NYU six pic essay. It says that we can include info graphics too. Does that mean that I can connect multiple pictures via some time line or flow chart and position it as a single picture ? Or will that defeat the purpose of showcasing just one picture and keeping it simple for the adcoms?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 24

Concentration: Technology, Statistics
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.53
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2017, 09:27
Howdy all!

Does anyone know if the R1 deadline is at 11:59 PM EST?

Can't seem to find an explicit time beyond just 15 October 2017.

Mango

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 24

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2017, 11:18
mangowango wrote:
Howdy all!

Does anyone know if the R1 deadline is at 11:59 PM EST?

Can't seem to find an explicit time beyond just 15 October 2017.

Mango

Yes - it is at 11:59PM, per the deadlines website: http://www.stern.nyu.edu/programs-admis ... /deadlines

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2017, 21:17
Two questions

1) In the international students section - For the questions " Can you completely support your first year of study at NYU Stern for tuition, fees, and living expenses?" Should I say "No" which is what it is. I cannot completely fund my first year unless I take a loan.

2) For GMAT - do we need to upload a test taker copy. If so, I dont see any option to do so in the application. I have already ordered for official report to be sent directly to the school.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2017, 23:29
sidiitm2004 wrote:
Two questions

1) In the international students section - For the questions " Can you completely support your first year of study at NYU Stern for tuition, fees, and living expenses?" Should I say "No" which is what it is. I cannot completely fund my first year unless I take a loan.

2) For GMAT - do we need to upload a test taker copy. If so, I dont see any option to do so in the application. I have already ordered for official report to be sent directly to the school.
I also have the first question! Is it going to impact the chances of getting scholarship in any way ? Someone suggest!

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 07:47
Hey guys,

Can I submit my application with one recommendation pending? I am still waiting for one recommendation. I would like to know if my application will be considered for the first round if I submit before the deadline, but with one reco pending?

Sid

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Schools: McCombs '20 (II)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 11:08
sidiitm2004 wrote:
Hey guys,

Can I submit my application with one recommendation pending? I am still waiting for one recommendation. I would like to know if my application will be considered for the first round if I submit before the deadline, but with one reco pending?

Sid

Pretty sure all recommendations need to be submitted for your application to be considered for that particular round. If it doesn't come in by the round 1 deadline, they move you to round 2. I could be wrong though

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Kudos [?]: 17008 [0], given: 1962

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 11:10

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 11:12
AvalonQQ wrote:
sidiitm2004 wrote:
Hey guys,

Sid

Pretty sure all recommendations need to be submitted for your application to be considered for that particular round. If it doesn't come in by the round 1 deadline, they move you to round 2. I could be wrong though

Most schools give a leeway anywhere between 12-48 hours. But because Stern's deadline is on a Sunday, there is no way to call them and check. I would recommend calling your recommender and welping.

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 11:15
souvik101990 wrote:
AvalonQQ wrote:
sidiitm2004 wrote:
Hey guys,

Sid

Most schools give a leeway anywhere between 12-48 hours. But because Stern's deadline is on a Sunday, there is no way to call them and check. I would recommend calling your recommender and welping.

Just submitted. It looks like they have not received my gmat score report (as seen in the check list). But Pearson emailed me saying report has been made available to the School on Oct 12th. What am I missing? Should I call the school?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 13:56
sidiitm2004 wrote:
Just submitted. It looks like they have not received my gmat score report (as seen in the check list). But Pearson emailed me saying report has been made available to the School on Oct 12th. What am I missing? Should I call the school?

I had the same issue, my report was sent in 9/17, and I appended my unofficial score report. We'll see what happens. I shot them an e-mail.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 15:55
Interesting. Not sure if we need to upload the unofficial report, unless asked to do so. Let’s see what they say. I have also emailed them. But it seems they only need the official report before they make a decision. So for reviewing at least, the score you declared should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 23:39
Did anyone check with the Ad com. Even my Recommender is traveling and wont be able to submit before 48 hours, despite all the begging.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 23:41
MBAfreako wrote:
Did anyone check with the Ad com. Even my Recommender is traveling and wont be able to submit before 48 hours, despite all the begging.

I know Columbia gives 3 weeks time post submission for recommendations. Don’t know about Stern.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Schools: Sloan '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
GPA: 3.27

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 07:20
42Danis wrote:
sidiitm2004 wrote:

I had the same issue, my report was sent in 9/17, and I appended my unofficial score report. We'll see what happens. I shot them an e-mail.

Has anyone heard anything about the GMAT Score Report not showing up in the checklist? i still have a red X and pearson also told me that NYU should have access to mine.

I assume that if they do not get it this is somethign they will contact me over and not something i will get dinged for?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Concentration: Healthcare
Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 07:37
SMIDCapBanks wrote:
42Danis wrote:
sidiitm2004 wrote:

Has anyone heard anything about the GMAT Score Report not showing up in the checklist? i still have a red X and pearson also told me that NYU should have access to mine.

I assume that if they do not get it this is somethign they will contact me over and not something i will get dinged for?

Hi, not sure exactly about NYU, but usually it takes some time for school to update the record (my GMAT was updated approx. in 2 weeks after my score was sent to one of the schools last year).

In addition, some schools have mentioned that before reviewing the application, they check if application misses anything (transcripts, GMAT, etc) and they contact the students regarding these issues. I couldn't find any similar statement on Stern website, but I assume that once they start checking your application, they will access your scores and update the application.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.42

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 08:24
MBAfreako wrote:

I spoke with someone from the admissions office this morning. I asked if a late recommendation means I would be bumped to the next round, and was told "no, but it may delay your decision slightly".

Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!   [#permalink] 16 Oct 2017, 08:24

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 43 posts ] 

Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aerien, BrushMyQuant

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap