GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Sep 2018, 20:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 May 2017
Posts: 16
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 18:43
Abhishank wrote:
Same with me, my application has been showing under review since October 15th.

Also, I read that NYU has limited off-campus interviews, and hence people might have to travel to the campus for an interview. Is that the case?


I went to a NYU information session on campus a few weeks ago. They told us everyone is required to interview on campus bc it makes things more fair. They made it sound as if international students are also required to do in person. They said they do not do skype interviews... But this could just apply to all US citizens.
INSEAD Thread Master
User avatar
B
Joined: 02 Aug 2017
Posts: 151
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V155
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Education)
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 18:49
thinmint wrote:
Abhishank wrote:
Same with me, my application has been showing under review since October 15th.

Also, I read that NYU has limited off-campus interviews, and hence people might have to travel to the campus for an interview. Is that the case?


I went to a NYU information session on campus a few weeks ago. They told us everyone is required to interview on campus bc it makes things more fair. They made it sound as if international students are also required to do in person. They said they do not do skype interviews... But this could just apply to all US citizens.


But isn't it really tough for international students to visit campus just for an interview, especially when the financial conditions won't allow for that? None of the other schools have this compulsion, I hope Stern meant US candidates specifically, and have enough off-campus slots in India to accommodate everyone.
_________________

One day, all kids will have access to an excellent education

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 May 2017
Posts: 16
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 18:52
Abhishank wrote:
thinmint wrote:
Abhishank wrote:
Same with me, my application has been showing under review since October 15th.

Also, I read that NYU has limited off-campus interviews, and hence people might have to travel to the campus for an interview. Is that the case?


I went to a NYU information session on campus a few weeks ago. They told us everyone is required to interview on campus bc it makes things more fair. They made it sound as if international students are also required to do in person. They said they do not do skype interviews... But this could just apply to all US citizens.


But isn't it really tough for international students to visit campus just for an interview, especially when the financial conditions won't allow for that? None of the other schools have this compulsion, I hope Stern meant US candidates specifically, and have enough off-campus slots in India to accommodate everyone.


I agree - don't take my word for it. I'm sure they only meant those living in the US are required to do an interview on campus.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Jul 2014
Posts: 173
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Stern '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 18:55
thinmint wrote:
Abhishank wrote:
thinmint wrote:
[quote="Abhishank"]Same with me, my application has been showing under review since October 15th.

Also, I read that NYU has limited off-campus interviews, and hence people might have to travel to the campus for an interview. Is that the case?


I went to a NYU information session on campus a few weeks ago. They told us everyone is required to interview on campus bc it makes things more fair. They made it sound as if international students are also required to do in person. They said they do not do skype interviews... But this could just apply to all US citizens.


But isn't it really tough for international students to visit campus just for an interview, especially when the financial conditions won't allow for that? None of the other schools have this compulsion, I hope Stern meant US candidates specifically, and have enough off-campus slots in India to accommodate everyone.


I agree - don't take my word for it. I'm sure they only meant those living in the US are required to do an interview on campus.[/quote]

As I said earlier. They do offer off campus interviews but only in March. So most people end up traveling to NewYork (as I will if I get a call, despite all the additional cost) because the returns justify it. Stern is second most expensive MBA in the world. We all know what we are getting into.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Jul 2014
Posts: 173
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Stern '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 18:58
Based on anecdotal evidence, Stern has one of the highest interview conversion rates (some 60-70%).


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
INSEAD Thread Master
User avatar
B
Joined: 02 Aug 2017
Posts: 151
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V155
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Education)
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 19:03
sidiitm2004 wrote:
Based on anecdotal evidence, Stern has one of the highest interview conversion rates (some 60-70%).


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Which means that getting an interview call is as good as getting a seat
_________________

One day, all kids will have access to an excellent education

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Jul 2014
Posts: 173
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Stern '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 19:05
Abhishank wrote:
sidiitm2004 wrote:
Based on anecdotal evidence, Stern has one of the highest interview conversion rates (some 60-70%).


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Which means that getting an interview call is as good as getting a seat


The other 30% may not agree with your assessment. :D


Sent from my iPad using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
INSEAD Thread Master
User avatar
B
Joined: 02 Aug 2017
Posts: 151
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V155
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Education)
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 19:09
sidiitm2004 wrote:
Abhishank wrote:
sidiitm2004 wrote:
Based on anecdotal evidence, Stern has one of the highest interview conversion rates (some 60-70%).


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Which means that getting an interview call is as good as getting a seat


The other 30% may not agree with your assessment. :D


Sent from my iPad using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Hahaha, it sounds much better than other colleges though, like Haas for instance.
_________________

One day, all kids will have access to an excellent education

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Jul 2014
Posts: 173
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Stern '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 19:12
Abhishank wrote:
sidiitm2004 wrote:
Abhishank wrote:
[quote="sidiitm2004"]Based on anecdotal evidence, Stern has one of the highest interview conversion rates (some 60-70%).


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Which means that getting an interview call is as good as getting a seat


The other 30% may not agree with your assessment. :D


Sent from my iPad using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Hahaha, it sounds much better than other colleges though, like Haas for instance.[/quote]

Is it?. For Columbia as well, it is around 60%. So quite high for the new York schools.


Sent from my iPad using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2017
Posts: 5
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 05:50
When do you think initial invites will go out?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Oct 2017
Posts: 52
Location: United States (NY)
GPA: 3.23
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 06:46
2
Minorleague wrote:
When do you think initial invites will go out?

Posted from my mobile device


I just looked back at Live Wire to see when people were reporting interview invites last year... looks like they started on 10/31/2016 and were rolling through the middle of November.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Feb 2011
Posts: 38
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 12:19
Anyone heard back from Stern yet?
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Oct 2017
Posts: 52
Location: United States (NY)
GPA: 3.23
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 12:32
himanshu04 wrote:
Anyone heard back from Stern yet?


Nope, no activity on Live Wire either.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Sep 2017
Posts: 9
Schools: Stern '19 (II)
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 07:02
himanshu04 wrote:
Anyone heard back from Stern yet?


I had my interview last Thursday. Very pleasant experience. Since I came for the interview from Europe, I took a full advantage of the day - I also attended the class and had coffee with a current student. Now can only keep my fingers crossed :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Jul 2014
Posts: 173
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Stern '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 07:05
martyna.86 wrote:
himanshu04 wrote:
Anyone heard back from Stern yet?


I had my interview last Thursday. Very pleasant experience. Since I came for the interview from Europe, I took a full advantage of the day - I also attended the class and had coffee with a current student. Now can only keep my fingers crossed :)


Hey Martyna. Wish you well with your result. Hope you get in ! Do you mind sharing your application timeline?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Sep 2017
Posts: 9
Schools: Stern '19 (II)
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 07:15
sidiitm2004 wrote:
martyna.86 wrote:
himanshu04 wrote:
Anyone heard back from Stern yet?


I had my interview last Thursday. Very pleasant experience. Since I came for the interview from Europe, I took a full advantage of the day - I also attended the class and had coffee with a current student. Now can only keep my fingers crossed :)


Hey Martyna. Wish you well with your result. Hope you get in ! Do you mind sharing your application timeline?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Hi! Thank you so much! I already shared it in this thread but sure, no problem :-)

I applied on the 15th of September, took GMAT also the same day (the official score arrived on the 30th of September, noted in the system on the 2nd of October).

I received an invitation on the 19th of October and was interviewed exactly a week later.

I applied to the Fashion & Luxury MBA program.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Jul 2014
Posts: 173
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Stern '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 07:32
martyna.86 wrote:
sidiitm2004 wrote:
martyna.86 wrote:
[quote="himanshu04"]Anyone heard back from Stern yet?


I had my interview last Thursday. Very pleasant experience. Since I came for the interview from Europe, I took a full advantage of the day - I also attended the class and had coffee with a current student. Now can only keep my fingers crossed :)


Hey Martyna. Wish you well with your result. Hope you get in ! Do you mind sharing your application timeline?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Hi! Thank you so much! I already shared it in this thread but sure, no problem :-)

I applied on the 15th of September, took GMAT also the same day (the official score arrived on the 30th of September, noted in the system on the 2nd of October).

I received an invitation on the 19th of October and was interviewed exactly a week later.

I applied to the Fashion & Luxury MBA program.[/quote]

Yeah. I have seen your post. Sorry for asking again. How was the NewYork experience? Can we visit a class any day or does it have to be scheduled? Wondering how it works. If the interview is scheduled on a day when class visit is not scheduled.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Sep 2017
Posts: 9
Schools: Stern '19 (II)
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 07:40
Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/quote]

Hi! Thank you so much! I already shared it in this thread but sure, no problem :-)

I applied on the 15th of September, took GMAT also the same day (the official score arrived on the 30th of September, noted in the system on the 2nd of October).

I received an invitation on the 19th of October and was interviewed exactly a week later.

I applied to the Fashion & Luxury MBA program.[/quote]

Yeah. I have seen your post. Sorry for asking again. How was the NewYork experience? Can we visit a class any day or does it have to be scheduled? Wondering how it works. If the interview is scheduled on a day when class visit is not scheduled.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/quote]

The interview was a very stressless and honest conversation. As for the class, I had to register and I got a link in my interview email but there were 3 or 4 other prospect students who haven't even applied yet so I don't think it's related. You should probably call the admission office, they will let you know what the procedure is!
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Jul 2014
Posts: 173
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Stern '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 07:49
martyna.86 wrote:
Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Hi! Thank you so much! I already shared it in this thread but sure, no problem :-)

I applied on the 15th of September, took GMAT also the same day (the official score arrived on the 30th of September, noted in the system on the 2nd of October).

I received an invitation on the 19th of October and was interviewed exactly a week later.

I applied to the Fashion & Luxury MBA program.[/quote]

Yeah. I have seen your post. Sorry for asking again. How was the NewYork experience? Can we visit a class any day or does it have to be scheduled? Wondering how it works. If the interview is scheduled on a day when class visit is not scheduled.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/quote]

The interview was a very stressless and honest conversation. As for the class, I had to register and I got a link in my interview email but there were 3 or 4 other prospect students who haven't even applied yet so I don't think it's related. You should probably call the admission office, they will let you know what the procedure is![/quote]

Wonderful. I am still waiting for an interview call. Anyway good luck! I need some as well.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2017
Posts: 2
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 10:54
Last year initial notifications started coming out today. Has anyone recieved any invites for an interview today?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! &nbs [#permalink] 31 Oct 2017, 10:54

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  31    Next  [ 607 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: gmatexam439

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


cron
Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.