Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 05:08 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V155
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Stern '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
thinmint wrote:
Abhishank wrote:
thinmint wrote:
[quote="Abhishank"]Same with me, my application has been showing under review since October 15th.

Also, I read that NYU has limited off-campus interviews, and hence people might have to travel to the campus for an interview. Is that the case?

I went to a NYU information session on campus a few weeks ago. They told us everyone is required to interview on campus bc it makes things more fair. They made it sound as if international students are also required to do in person. They said they do not do skype interviews... But this could just apply to all US citizens.

But isn't it really tough for international students to visit campus just for an interview, especially when the financial conditions won't allow for that? None of the other schools have this compulsion, I hope Stern meant US candidates specifically, and have enough off-campus slots in India to accommodate everyone.

I agree - don't take my word for it. I'm sure they only meant those living in the US are required to do an interview on campus.[/quote]

As I said earlier. They do offer off campus interviews but only in March. So most people end up traveling to NewYork (as I will if I get a call, despite all the additional cost) because the returns justify it. Stern is second most expensive MBA in the world. We all know what we are getting into.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Based on anecdotal evidence, Stern has one of the highest interview conversion rates (some 60-70%).

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sidiitm2004 wrote:
Based on anecdotal evidence, Stern has one of the highest interview conversion rates (some 60-70%).

Which means that getting an interview call is as good as getting a seat
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Abhishank wrote:
sidiitm2004 wrote:

The other 30% may not agree with your assessment. :D

Sent from my iPad using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sidiitm2004 wrote:
Abhishank wrote:
sidiitm2004 wrote:

Hahaha, it sounds much better than other colleges though, like Haas for instance.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Abhishank wrote:
sidiitm2004 wrote:
Abhishank wrote:
[quote="sidiitm2004"]Based on anecdotal evidence, Stern has one of the highest interview conversion rates (some 60-70%).

Hahaha, it sounds much better than other colleges though, like Haas for instance.[/quote]

Is it?. For Columbia as well, it is around 60%. So quite high for the new York schools.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
When do you think initial invites will go out?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [2]
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
Kudos
Minorleague wrote:
When do you think initial invites will go out?

Posted from my mobile device

I just looked back at Live Wire to see when people were reporting interview invites last year... looks like they started on 10/31/2016 and were rolling through the middle of November.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Anyone heard back from Stern yet?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
himanshu04 wrote:

Nope, no activity on Live Wire either.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
himanshu04 wrote:

I had my interview last Thursday. Very pleasant experience. Since I came for the interview from Europe, I took a full advantage of the day - I also attended the class and had coffee with a current student. Now can only keep my fingers crossed :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
martyna.86 wrote:
himanshu04 wrote:

I had my interview last Thursday. Very pleasant experience. Since I came for the interview from Europe, I took a full advantage of the day - I also attended the class and had coffee with a current student. Now can only keep my fingers crossed :)

Hey Martyna. Wish you well with your result. Hope you get in ! Do you mind sharing your application timeline?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
sidiitm2004 wrote:
martyna.86 wrote:
himanshu04 wrote:

Hey Martyna. Wish you well with your result. Hope you get in ! Do you mind sharing your application timeline?

Hi! Thank you so much! I already shared it in this thread but sure, no problem :-)

I applied on the 15th of September, took GMAT also the same day (the official score arrived on the 30th of September, noted in the system on the 2nd of October).

I received an invitation on the 19th of October and was interviewed exactly a week later.

I applied to the Fashion & Luxury MBA program.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
martyna.86 wrote:
sidiitm2004 wrote:
martyna.86 wrote:
[quote="himanshu04"]Anyone heard back from Stern yet?

Hi! Thank you so much! I already shared it in this thread but sure, no problem :-)

I applied on the 15th of September, took GMAT also the same day (the official score arrived on the 30th of September, noted in the system on the 2nd of October).

I received an invitation on the 19th of October and was interviewed exactly a week later.

I applied to the Fashion & Luxury MBA program.[/quote]

Yeah. I have seen your post. Sorry for asking again. How was the NewYork experience? Can we visit a class any day or does it have to be scheduled? Wondering how it works. If the interview is scheduled on a day when class visit is not scheduled.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/quote]

Yeah. I have seen your post. Sorry for asking again. How was the NewYork experience? Can we visit a class any day or does it have to be scheduled? Wondering how it works. If the interview is scheduled on a day when class visit is not scheduled.

The interview was a very stressless and honest conversation. As for the class, I had to register and I got a link in my interview email but there were 3 or 4 other prospect students who haven't even applied yet so I don't think it's related. You should probably call the admission office, they will let you know what the procedure is!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
martyna.86 wrote:

The interview was a very stressless and honest conversation. As for the class, I had to register and I got a link in my interview email but there were 3 or 4 other prospect students who haven't even applied yet so I don't think it's related. You should probably call the admission office, they will let you know what the procedure is![/quote]

Wonderful. I am still waiting for an interview call. Anyway good luck! I need some as well.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Last year initial notifications started coming out today. Has anyone recieved any invites for an interview today?

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  31   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts