Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GRE 1: Q163 V164
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q37 V44
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V42
GMAT 3: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Oxford SBS MBA Applicants: 2021 Intake (Class of 2022) [#permalink]
Did anyone else notice that the short answer question about defining your current role used to include a prompt to describe your greatest challenges and achievements, but that was removed? I noticed the prompt change in my final review last night but went ahead and submitted with the challenges and achievements because I spent so much time on it and figured it can't hurt as long as I didn't exceed the 5,000 character limit!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Oxford SBS MBA Applicants: 2021 Intake (Class of 2022) [#permalink]
deekshajuneja wrote:
Abhijeet26 wrote:
Hi everyone, I have submitted the name of my referees couple of days back but they have not received any mail from Oxford. I have already written to SBS regarding the issue and am waiting for their reply. Is there anything else I can do in the meantime to get the reference mail?

Check that the emails are correct. There is a remind button, you could press that to resend the email.

Posted from my mobile device

Tell them to check their spam folder.
At least that happened to me and it solved the problem.
Good luck
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
jbanan wrote:
ananth41 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I'm currently in the process of applying for the 2nd round of admissions and am waiting to receive the Kira link.

Any pointers on how the Online Assessment works - time for each verbal answer and written answer. What kind of competency-based questions were asked and what were the motivation-based questions? Examples would be very helpful!

Thanks a ton!

There are several posts earlier in this thread that had details and listed some of the questions, try the search function! I haven't done it yet but will post my experience later this week.

I trawled through the previous posts and found a couple of posts from this year and a couple from the last year. Compiling them below:

Motivation Based Questions: (Common for everyone according to the Oxford website)

(19-20 Admissions)
1) "We know you look at a lot of schools, what makes Oxford special?" / "What is unique to Oxford MBA that you are attracted to?"
2) "How long have you been thinking of getting an MBA and why now?" / "How long have you been considering doing an MBA and why now is the right time? What specific skills are you looking to gain at Oxford?"

Competency Based Questions: (Unique for everyone)

(19-20 Admissions)
- Tell us about a time you led a diverse team, what specific skill did you use and why?
- You're giving a pitch and the audience is not active, how do you recognise this and how do you engage them?
- What is the most significant personal weakness that you have identified, what did you do about it and what was the result?
- Imagine you are proposing a business innovation idea for a class project and the audience is not interested. What would you do?

(18-19 Admissions)
- Tell us about a time you asked for help and how did it go?
- Tell us about a time you were overloaded with work, how did you handle it?
- Tell us a time where you had an idea and had to convince your project team.
- Next two questions were behavioural generally applicable to corporate set up like how will you convince your manager for new Idea, conflict resolve etc

Written:

(19-20 Admissions)
- What was your favourite book as a child and why?
- How do you describe the color red to someone who can only see in black and white?

(18-19 Admissions)
- Explain what animal you would like to be and why?
- Is what we do today enough to solve climate change? Why or why not?
- Do you prefer cats or dogs and explain why?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Can anyone comment on the time afforded for the interviews though?

Is the format the same as the practice questions i.e. 45secs preparation time and 1:00min speaking time for the verbal and no prep time and 2:00mins for the written?

Thanks!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi Everyone,

I just finished my Kira Component.

Video Questions: Why mba now, what skills are you looking to gain?
What makes Oxford special?
How will you motivate your team when their morale is low?
How do you handle work on a very busy day?
P.S. - I have forgotten the exact language of the questions, but this will give you a basic idea.

Written Question: One sport you love and can play for the rest of your life. (250-500 words)

My Question - I could only write 171 words. Hence, I did not meet the word limit of a minimum of 250 words. Does that automatically disqualify me for Oxford?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
deekshajuneja wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I just finished my Kira Component.

Video Questions: Why mba now, what skills are you looking to gain?
What makes Oxford special?
How will you motivate your team when their morale is low?
How do you handle work on a very busy day?
P.S. - I have forgotten the exact language of the questions, but this will give you a basic idea.

Written Question: One sport you love and can play for the rest of your life. (250-500 words)

My Question - I could only write 171 words. Hence, I did not meet the word limit of a minimum of 250 words. Does that automatically disqualify me for Oxford?

I don't know about the 171 words issue, but I had the same. I think actually I had fewer words. It's such a short time to come up with that lengthy an argument for a vague question! Mine was - is clean water or clean air more important?

My competency questions were: Describe a time when you've had to critique your own work, how did it go? And what do you do when you have conflicting personalities on your team?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: ISB'22 (WL)
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I just got done with the online assessment part.

The first two questions were were pretty standard -

1. Why MBA? Why now ? What skills are you looking to gain?
2. Why Oxford ? What makes it different/special ?

The other questions -
1. What approach would you use in introducing yourself to the MBA cohort ?
2. Describe a time when you tackled a tough task? What skills did you use ?

The written question was - If you could play one character from a movie, who would it be and why ?
I could barely manage 200 words.

Hoping for the best now!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
Send PM
Kudos
Just completed the Kira round.. Similar take on the number of words in a five minute window.. Managed close to 180.. For me the competency questions were-
1) Explain a time you had to work with a team where the members had a different approach to the project at hand, how did you handle the situation?
2) Imagine a stressful situation at work, how do u respond?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
VINEETA9 wrote:
Just completed the Kira round.. Similar take on the number of words in a five minute window.. Managed close to 180.. For me the competency questions were-
1) Explain a time you had to work with a team where the members had a different approach to the project at hand, how did you handle the situation?
2) Imagine a stressful situation at work, how do u respond?

So relieved to hear the word count is a common issue!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GRE 1: Q166 V160
Send PM
I was accepted in R1 and I'm pretty sure I "did not reach" word count, because I've written exactly 250 words but noticed that I had a few spelling errors. Didn't have enough time to fix them.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Guys, once you uploaded all documents and have done the Kira test (all items with green tick) do you have to "confirm" or "submit" it in anyway? Or you just wait?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
U have to submit the application.. The documents once they are received will turn green.. I submitted the application yesterday and today after completing the Kira segment the checklist status turned green for it

Intern
Intern
Send PM
VINEETA9 wrote:
U have to submit the application.. The documents once they are received will turn green.. I submitted the application yesterday and today after completing the Kira segment the checklist status turned green for it

But once you've submitted the app, uploaded all documents, and completed Kira and all your items are checked green there's nothing else to do right? I don't see any additional button to submit or finalize?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Right.. it's submitted already, no additional submission button.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [4]
Given Kudos: 46
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 2.71
Send PM
Kudos
To everyone worried about not meeting the word limit for the online assessment please don't. I only submitted around 150-170 words and still got admitted

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Ty! Super helpful response.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
v31190 wrote:
To everyone worried about not meeting the word limit for the online assessment please don't. I only submitted around 150-170 words and still got admitted

This was so kind of you to share, I feel better! Thank you!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts