GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Jul 2018, 16:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 10:19
FuturePM91 wrote:
SFE2k10 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
How are you guys holding up? Man this week is SO tough. Ross had a fantastic year in terms of employment and I am getting pretty nervous. The competition at the Team Exercise event was unnerving.

What were some of the things that impressed you about it? I'm wondering why Ross is consistently ranked around #12 or so when to me it seems more impressive than Yale. I can see Duke being ranked higher because their placement is also impressive but it doesn't seem like the rankings take into account that salaries are lower in the midwest and south because the cost of living isn't as high as NY, where everything is overpriced.

I have been wondering the same thing. I think part of it might be that they are one of the most holistic schools when it comes to evaluating candidates and GPA/GMAT plays a big role in the rankings. Yale for instance is a good program but a lot of its rank comes from being a very numbers focused school, they rarely admit low gmat/gpa candidates. When it comes to rankings I feel like there isn’t a huge difference between a 1 and 2 or a 10 or 11 for this reason.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

I wish we knew that about Yale before applying... I had a suspicion but now I feel dumb for applying there.
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 17:16
FuturePM91 wrote:
SFE2k10 wrote:
What were some of the things that impressed you about it? I'm wondering why Ross is consistently ranked around #12 or so when to me it seems more impressive than Yale. I can see Duke being ranked higher because their placement is also impressive but it doesn't seem like the rankings take into account that salaries are lower in the midwest and south because the cost of living isn't as high as NY, where everything is overpriced.

I have been wondering the same thing. I think part of it might be that they are one of the most holistic schools when it comes to evaluating candidates and GPA/GMAT plays a big role in the rankings. Yale for instance is a good program but a lot of its rank comes from being a very numbers focused school, they rarely admit low gmat/gpa candidates. When it comes to rankings I feel like there isn’t a huge difference between a 1 and 2 or a 10 or 11 for this reason.
[/url]

I think Yale, Ross & Duke are really close to each other as peer schools. IMO the differences are mostly in school culture, location, weather etc... not so much in job opportunities, specially in terms of consulting & tech. (haven't researched other fields)

As an example, sure, some year one of them may send 10% of the class to MBB and the other may send 12% of the class to MBB, but as a candidate you only need 1 final offer.. and you'll definitely get a shot at the interview if you are good enough.

The fact that one of them may get ranked 10 and the other 12 doesn't mean much in real world implications. Each school stands out vs the other in some aspects (for instance, Yale has an enviable global brand, Michigan & Duke may have better alumni numbers/reach etc) but overall largely stand together.

GMAT Debrief - 770
bb's "The Definitive GMAT Study Plan" - 2016 Edition
Must read forum topics before you start your MBA application

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2017, 01:46
souvik101990 wrote:
Cesky wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
How are you guys holding up? Man this week is SO tough. Ross had a fantastic year in terms of employment and I am getting pretty nervous. The competition at the Team Exercise event was unnerving.

I'm very nervous! The whole call approach is nice for it's personal touch, but Wednesday is going to be a tough day to sit through. And to get to 6PM with no call? That would be rough.

I have a busy day at work that day, which I think is actually for the best.

For internationals it is Thursday so the wait is even longer - AAARGGGHHHHH!!!

Worse for us in our time zones Souvik (I'm in Australia). I figure we'll be hoping to hear first thing Friday morning instead.

Please help me find my lost Kudo's bird

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2017, 10:55
stoiczoan wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
SFE2k10 wrote:

[/url]

I think Yale, Ross & Duke are really close to each other as peer schools. IMO the differences are mostly in school culture, location, weather etc... not so much in job opportunities, specially in terms of consulting & tech. (haven't researched other fields)

As an example, sure, some year one of them may send 10% of the class to MBB and the other may send 12% of the class to MBB, but as a candidate you only need 1 final offer.. and you'll definitely get a shot at the interview if you are good enough.

The fact that one of them may get ranked 10 and the other 12 doesn't mean much in real world implications. Each school stands out vs the other in some aspects (for instance, Yale has an enviable global brand, Michigan & Duke may have better alumni numbers/reach etc) but overall largely stand together.

Michigan seems like it'd be a blast, honestly. I'd have a hard time deciding between Duke and Michigan if those are my admits.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.56
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 09:45
Has anyone heard anything yet? Seems like it is getting later in the day.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 09:48
cpdunlop wrote:

Time is indeed going by ;)

Previous years it seems like they started around 12 or 1PM
Admitted
13 Dec, 2017
Frog81 GMAT: 740, Q45, V47; GPA: 3.71; WE: 129 months; United States, TX; via Phone
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 10:42
cpdunlop wrote:

Congrats on the Kellogg admit - got my call today too!

Hoping Ross gets their calls done today!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.1

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 11:27
cpdunlop wrote:

They have started calls. Got the call around 12:10, and it made my day! Good luck to everyone, there are so many deserving candidates!
Admitted
13 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 760; GPA: 4; United States; via Phone
Admitted
13 Dec, 2017
silvergoldfish GMAT: 720, Q46, V44; GPA: 3.87; WE: 25 months; United States, TX; via Phone
So excited!!! Just got the call!
Admitted
13 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 730, Q49, V40; WE: 60 months; United States, MD; via Email
Admitted
13 Dec, 2017
brucewu11 GMAT: 740, Q50, V38; GPA: 3.58; WE: 66 months; United States, CA; via Phone
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Multiple Decisions Reported  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 12:30
Ross DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Admitted, just now, from United States, GMAT:740 (Q50 V38), GPA: 3.58, Industry: Accounting, WE 66, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 11 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:730 (Q49 V40), GPA: 3.72, Industry: Education, WE 60, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 32 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:720 (Q46 V44), GPA: 3.87, Industry: Consulting, WE 25, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 44 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:720 (Q47 V41), GPA: 3.3, Industry: Military & Defense, WE 84, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 55 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:760, GPA: 4, Industry: Other, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Admitted
13 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 710, Q44, V44; GPA: 3.41; WE: 105 months; United States, IL; via Phone
Admitted
13 Dec, 2017
MBAh0peful GMAT: 720, Q45, V44; GPA: 3.74; WE: 40 months; United States; via Phone
Admitted
13 Dec, 2017
FuturePM91 GMAT: 740, Q48, V44; WE: 51 months; United States, GA; via Phone
Admitted
13 Dec, 2017
zuzaroni GMAT: 750, Q47, V46; GPA: 3.77; WE: 72 months; United States; via Phone
Admitted
13 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 730, Q47, V43; GPA: 3.92; WE: 60 months; United States, MA; via Phone
Ah! So excited!!
Admitted
13 Dec, 2017
cpdunlop GMAT: 700, Q48, V38; GPA: 3.56; WE: 72 months; United States; via Phone
Applicant status &nbs [#permalink] 13 Dec 2017, 13:07

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  48    Next  [ 952 posts ] 

Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap