Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 23:13 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Invited to Interview
29 Jan, 2018
Denied
16 Jan, 2018
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Waitlisted
15 Dec, 2017
17 Feb 2018, 05:37
Private, GRE: 322, Q166, V156; GPA: 3.23; India; via Email [#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
Obviously don’t have and admit, but trying to be hopeful and plan head, so does anyone know when Go Blue Rendezvous is this year? I could only find info for last year. If admitted I would like to bring my SO and she has to plan father ahead to get time off.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.82
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
NJackson40 wrote:
Obviously don’t have and admit, but trying to be hopeful and plan head, so does anyone know when Go Blue Rendezvous is this year? I could only find info for last year. If admitted I would like to bring my SO and she has to plan father ahead to get time off.

It's April 5-7th this year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GRE 1: Q160 V156
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
NJackson40 wrote:

Go Blue Rendezvous is April 5th-7th.

https://ross.campusgroups.com/partners/ross-gbr-home/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
how11015 wrote:
NJackson40 wrote:

Ok I was confused because their seemingly main website for GBR (not the Partners club one) said starts Friday April 5th, but that Friday is the 6th... not the 5th. So wasn't sure if they meant the actual 5th or Friday. I was thinking it was maybe not updated from last year, but last year, April 5th was also not on a Friday....
https://webuser.bus.umich.edu/Department ... events.htm
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Ross '19 (M$)
Send PM
NJackson40 wrote:
how11015 wrote:
NJackson40 wrote:

Ok I was confused because their seemingly main website for GBR (not the Partners club one) said starts Friday April 5th, but that Friday is the 6th... not the 5th. So wasn't sure if they meant the actual 5th or Friday. I was thinking it was maybe not updated from last year, but last year, April 5th was also not on a Friday....
https://webuser.bus.umich.edu/Department ... events.htm

Events at GBR start on the Thursday so these dates are correct.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Kudos
Hey,
I see so many people posting their admission status- Denied/Admitted/WL. So these are for round 2?
I also had my interview for round 2, so shall I expect to hear the decision soon? Coz I thought they will come out with the decisions on the specified date of March 15 only.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Arjunarocks wrote:
Hey,
I see so many people posting their admission status- Denied/Admitted/WL. So these are for round 2?
I also had my interview for round 2, so shall I expect to hear the decision soon? Coz I thought they will come out with the decisions on the specified date of March 15 only.

Could some of these be for the part-time program?

Ross will release all decisions by March 16th. If you are admitted, you should expect a call a couple of days earlier.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
jsny wrote:
Arjunarocks wrote:
Hey,

Ross will release all decisions by March 16th. If you are admitted, you should expect a call a couple of days earlier.

Okay that's great. Waiting for the call then! :)

These could be for part time program also.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Schools: Stern '20 (M)
Send PM
jsny wrote:
Arjunarocks wrote:
Hey,

Two days earlier? Is that the case for international students as well?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Denied
19 Feb, 2018
26 Feb 2018, 12:49
Private, GMAT: 720, Q49, V40; GPA: 3.5; WE: 36 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
akpiper86 wrote:
jsny wrote:
Arjunarocks wrote:
Hey,

Two days earlier? Is that the case for international students as well?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

In round 1, US admitted applicants were contacted 2 days prior to the decision date and international admitted applicants were contacted 1 day prior:

https://michiganross.umich.edu/programs ... und-corner
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Applied R2 and have not received an interview or ding. Quite surprised tbh. Received interviews at every other school (5 M7) I applied to.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
jeromemorrow wrote:
Applied R2 and have not received an interview or ding. Quite surprised tbh. Received interviews at every other school (5 M7) I applied to.

A possibility, but your strong profile may be the reason.
You see, schools want strong candidates, but also don't want their yield rate to go down. Honestly, how many of applicants, who are strong enough to secure seat at M7 - and who eventually do, would choose Ross? There will be a few, but not a majority. Schools know that too. If they realize that the applicant is keeping Ross as a back-up - chances are, they would end up on WL or ding.

And just my own opinion here, that the impression I got from your post is that you'd go to one of those M7, if admitted. Was there any possibility that your essays too reflected this?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Arjunarocks wrote:
Hey,

You have a quite a run. Good job man.
If you don't mind, can you tell us your final decision and why? It would be interesting to know that.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Arjunarocks wrote:
Hey,

And yeah, decisions come out a bit early. Though, the number of days vary and not fixed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
hiren2011 wrote:
jeromemorrow wrote:

A possibility, but your strong profile may be the reason.
You see, schools want strong candidates, but also don't want their yield rate to go down. Honestly, how many of applicants, who are strong enough to secure seat at M7 - and who eventually do, would choose Ross? There will be a few, but not a majority. Schools know that too. If they realize that the applicant is keeping Ross as a back-up - chances are, they would end up on WL or ding.

And just my own opinion here, that the impression I got from your post is that you'd go to one of those M7, if admitted. Was there any possibility that your essays too reflected this?

This is quite possible, but I genuinely believe I put in a strong effort on the essays. I genuinely love Michigan and while it is a back-up in the sense that I would go to H/S/W/B over Ross, I put Ross above most of the other M7 due to our family connections to the university and other non-career or academic reasons. It is fairly frustrating as I am in a weird spot where my stats are in-line but not guaranteed to any M7 school, so a 'back-up' is necessary.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44  ...  48   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts