GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Jan 2019, 02:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
303112345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
272829303112
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Leadership in Admissions

     January 23, 2019

     January 23, 2019

     10:00 PM PST

     11:00 PM PST

    Learn how to portray yourself as a leader in your MBA applications when you download this free guide!
  • No Stone Unturned: Your 2019/2020 MBA Application Starts Now!

     January 24, 2019

     January 24, 2019

     09:00 PM EST

     10:00 PM EST

    Planning to apply to business school in 2019 or 2020? It is not too early to start planning! By taking action now, you can dramatically improve your chances of gaining admission to a top MBA program.

Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Stay focused...
Joined: 20 Apr 2014
Posts: 436
Location: United States (MI)
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE: Project Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2015, 05:42
2
mihirzinzu wrote:
R2 applicant from India. Hello guys :)

When is the shortlist expected?

Jan 19
http://michiganross.umich.edu/admissions-blog/2014/12/18/call-michigan-ross
_________________

Raves, rants and war stories of First Year MBA Students

Received an offer? Congrats! You might want to 'Negotiate the Offer'.

I'm happy to help if you wanna know about Ross & UMich, but please do not come to me with your GMAT issues or questions. And please add a bit of humor to your questions or you'll bore me to death.

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Feb 2012
Posts: 99
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2015, 05:51
trivium wrote:
I have a dilemma I thought one of you could help me with. I'm a teacher and pretty much tied to my classroom. I have three personal days a year, otherwise I can't miss work. When it comes to interviewing at bschools, I can never stay for more than half a day, since I have a job I have to be back for on Sunday mornings too.

An on-campus interview is important for me, since my really non-traditional background makes off-campus a real gamble. And if I interview at Ross, I almost certainly won't be able to do the group exercise. I know they say that won't be held against you, but what's the truth here? Will it be a red flag?


I didn't interview on campus, so I can't remember exactly the schedule, but someone that went could help you. I'm pretty sure the interviews were in the morning and the group thing around lunch time. So you could probably do those 2 and take off. They also had atleast one day scheduled on a Saturday, so a late flight Fri and Sat presumably you wouldn't miss anything.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2014
Posts: 21
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V44
GPA: 3.24
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2015, 08:27
trivium wrote:
I have a dilemma I thought one of you could help me with. I'm a teacher and pretty much tied to my classroom. I have three personal days a year, otherwise I can't miss work. When it comes to interviewing at bschools, I can never stay for more than half a day, since I have a job I have to be back for on Sunday mornings too.

An on-campus interview is important for me, since my really non-traditional background makes off-campus a real gamble. And if I interview at Ross, I almost certainly won't be able to do the group exercise. I know they say that won't be held against you, but what's the truth here? Will it be a red flag?


The interviews occur first in the morning, immediately followed by the group exercise (and then lunch). I think the group exercise wrapped by 11:30-noon-ish, at which point you could duck out during or right after lunch.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Oct 2009
Posts: 99
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2015, 18:22
Its awfully quiet in here I guess everyone is waiting for 19th then?
How are you guys preparing for interview and group activity?

Thanks,
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Oct 2014
Posts: 160
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Sales (Other)
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2015, 18:49
spiceguy wrote:
Its awfully quiet in here I guess everyone is waiting for 19th then?
How are you guys preparing for interview and group activity?

Thanks,


Yup, waiting and hoping - 19th is coming pretty soon thankfully.

Group activity wise I don't think any prep can be done, but interview just making a list of likes and potential questions + standard job interview prep
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 113
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.25
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2015, 07:47
1
http://poetsandquants.com/2015/01/16/ex ... ss-school/

Some reading to hold you over until the 19th..
_________________

RelishMBA.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2014
Posts: 25
GPA: 3.5
Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 16 Jan 2015, 15:29
Applied for R2 - anyone hear back yet?

*EDIT* I see that we will find out on the 19th.

Originally posted by erudianart on 16 Jan 2015, 15:27.
Last edited by erudianart on 16 Jan 2015, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Posts: 21
Location: United States
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2015, 15:29
erudianart wrote:
Applied for R2 - anyone hear back yet?


Ross indicated on their blog today that they are still looking at this Monday to release invitations.
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 26 Aug 2014
Posts: 825
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2015, 17:17
I hope not ALL of them
FA5156 wrote:
erudianart wrote:
Applied for R2 - anyone hear back yet?


Ross indicated on their blog today that they are still looking at this Monday to release invitations.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Stay focused...
Joined: 20 Apr 2014
Posts: 436
Location: United States (MI)
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE: Project Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2015, 00:44
FA5156 wrote:
erudianart wrote:
Applied for R2 - anyone hear back yet?


Ross indicated on their blog today that they are still looking at this Monday to release invitations.

I do not see any update on Ross' blog (after Soojin's post on Dec 18)? Would it be possible for you to share the link?
_________________

Raves, rants and war stories of First Year MBA Students

Received an offer? Congrats! You might want to 'Negotiate the Offer'.

I'm happy to help if you wanna know about Ross & UMich, but please do not come to me with your GMAT issues or questions. And please add a bit of humor to your questions or you'll bore me to death.

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2013
Posts: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.34
WE: Business Development (Health Care)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2015, 03:05
neo656 wrote:
FA5156 wrote:
erudianart wrote:
Applied for R2 - anyone hear back yet?


Ross indicated on their blog today
that they are still looking at this Monday to release invitations.

I do not see any update on Ross' blog (after Soojin's post on Dec 18)? Would it be possible for you to share the link?


That same blog mentions 19th Jan as a tentative date for invites and 22nd Jan for interviews to start. I do it think any additional information has been given out.

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
_________________

You create your own destiny.

Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Oct 2013
Posts: 56
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Engineering (Internet and New Media)
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2015, 03:36
I have a doubt regarding the resume submission for ross... Ross specifically asks for job responsibilities and achievements in the resume but since most B-schools have a standard resume format in which you have to highlight your achievements, I used that same general format.Did we have to make another section under each company demonstrating the job responsibilities... Did I miss something horribly :(
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Posts: 21
Location: United States
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2015, 05:58
In the same blog post as linked above (blog post from mid December) the question was asked at the bottom under the comments whether it was still the 19th. Ross admissions replied yesterday saying that yes it is still the 19th.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 113
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.25
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2015, 06:48
Quick Question:

I received an email from Ross ADCOM this morning saying that I was missing one of my transcripts. I logged onto the application website to see exactly what I submitted and the only thing I can find is the "view form in HTML" tab, but that won't allow me to open specific attachments I added. When I open the application in that format I can only see that I added an attachment for that section and the name of the attachment....I can't actually open it and see what it contains.

When I go to the Education section I have a transcript listed for each school and the names of the attachments are correct as far as I can tell. Is anyone able to open or see the attachments they submitted with their application? I know some schools have a preview section that shows you everything, includinig attachments, in one document. I dont want to send the ADCOM something I've already submitted and their office is closed until Monday/Tuesday....thanks.
_________________

RelishMBA.com

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2013
Posts: 343
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2015, 07:49
1
usmabama wrote:
Quick Question:

I received an email from Ross ADCOM this morning saying that I was missing one of my transcripts. I logged onto the application website to see exactly what I submitted and the only thing I can find is the "view form in HTML" tab, but that won't allow me to open specific attachments I added. When I open the application in that format I can only see that I added an attachment for that section and the name of the attachment....I can't actually open it and see what it contains.

When I go to the Education section I have a transcript listed for each school and the names of the attachments are correct as far as I can tell. Is anyone able to open or see the attachments they submitted with their application? I know some schools have a preview section that shows you everything, includinig attachments, in one document. I dont want to send the ADCOM something I've already submitted and their office is closed until Monday/Tuesday....thanks.


I dont see the harm in sending the Transcripts again. Email it to them and mention what you have said here (about not being sure what they can see). If you feel very guilty about sending them something that they already have, just tell them that you'd rather err on the side of being safe than being sorry (about them not receiving the transcripts).

Just be sure that the transcripts that you send by email are complete in every respect.
_________________

My GMAT Debrief | My ISB 2015 Interview

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Stay focused...
Joined: 20 Apr 2014
Posts: 436
Location: United States (MI)
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE: Project Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2015, 03:41
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
usmabama wrote:
Quick Question:

I received an email from Ross ADCOM this morning saying that I was missing one of my transcripts. I logged onto the application website to see exactly what I submitted and the only thing I can find is the "view form in HTML" tab, but that won't allow me to open specific attachments I added. When I open the application in that format I can only see that I added an attachment for that section and the name of the attachment....I can't actually open it and see what it contains.

When I go to the Education section I have a transcript listed for each school and the names of the attachments are correct as far as I can tell. Is anyone able to open or see the attachments they submitted with their application? I know some schools have a preview section that shows you everything, includinig attachments, in one document. I dont want to send the ADCOM something I've already submitted and their office is closed until Monday/Tuesday....thanks.


I dont see the harm in sending the Transcripts again. Email it to them and mention what you have said here (about not being sure what they can see). If you feel very guilty about sending them something that they already have, just tell them that you'd rather err on the side of being safe than being sorry (about them not receiving the transcripts).

Just be sure that the transcripts that you send by email are complete in every respect.

Couldn't have thought a better advice. Totally agree with erring towards the safe side.
_________________

Raves, rants and war stories of First Year MBA Students

Received an offer? Congrats! You might want to 'Negotiate the Offer'.

I'm happy to help if you wanna know about Ross & UMich, but please do not come to me with your GMAT issues or questions. And please add a bit of humor to your questions or you'll bore me to death.

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 113
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.25
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2015, 04:26
Thanks guys...I sent Ross the updated information last night.

Hope we all get some good news tomorrow.
_________________

RelishMBA.com

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 26 Aug 2014
Posts: 825
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2015, 08:25
Do you think they will work over the holiday?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Jan 2014
Posts: 4
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2015, 20:01
Today is Martin Luther King day, a public holiday. Let's keep the fingers crossed for the interview shortlist. Good luck everyone
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2013
Posts: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.34
WE: Business Development (Health Care)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2015, 23:34
what is the quickest way to know the status of the application & interview shortlist status?

E-mail notification or status page? My status page still shows submitted etc.
_________________

You create your own destiny.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 &nbs [#permalink] 18 Jan 2015, 23:34

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  58    Next  [ 1152 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.