GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 23 Feb 2020, 05:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Ross Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE: Sales (Manufacturing)
Calling all Ross Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 14 Mar 2016, 23:14
--

Originally posted by wallflower13 on 22 Dec 2015, 01:24.
Last edited by wallflower13 on 14 Mar 2016, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.26
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Ross Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2015, 07:15
sharadsitanii wrote:
Hi Guys,

Wanted to share this information with you all - an email I received from a current Rosser. I feel this event will be a nice networking opportunity for all the prospective students and will help us gain a great insight for R2 applications.

I will be attending the Mumbai Meetup. Looking forward to see you guys at the meetup.

"We are happy to inform you that we have organised the 2015 India Meetup (In association with Ross Admissions) and we would love to have you there. This will be a great opportunity for you to talk to alums, current Rossers, other Ross applicants and Round 1 Admits about your concerns and interests. Please find below the details:

Mumbai Meetup
Date: Dec 24
Time: 7 PM
Venue: Pizza Express, Bandra Kurla Complex
RSVP to Ami Pandya at amiap@umich.edu

Delhi Meetup
Date: Dec 27
Venue: Monkey Bar, Connaught Place
RSVP to Ishan Khandelwal at ishank@umich.edu

Thank You"

Hey.. I am an R2 applicant too and will be in Mumbai on 24th ... are only selective students getting such invites? Because I have not received any...
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.26
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2015, 22:22
prateekb1987 wrote:
sharadsitanii wrote:
Hi Guys,

Wanted to share this information with you all - an email I received from a current Rosser. I feel this event will be a nice networking opportunity for all the prospective students and will help us gain a great insight for R2 applications.

I will be attending the Mumbai Meetup. Looking forward to see you guys at the meetup.

"We are happy to inform you that we have organised the 2015 India Meetup (In association with Ross Admissions) and we would love to have you there. This will be a great opportunity for you to talk to alums, current Rossers, other Ross applicants and Round 1 Admits about your concerns and interests. Please find below the details:

Mumbai Meetup
Date: Dec 24
Venue: Pizza Express, Bandra Kurla Complex
RSVP to Ami Pandya at amiap@umich.edu

Delhi Meetup
Date: Dec 27
Venue: Monkey Bar, Connaught Place
RSVP to Ishan Khandelwal at ishank@umich.edu

Thank You"

Hey.. I am an R2 applicant too and will be in Mumbai on 24th ... are only selective students getting such invites? Because I have not received any...

can anyone share info on this?
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 12:18
Congrats to all GMAT Club members admitted to Michigan Ross!!! :thumbup: Posting here Round1 admission summary.

Admitted and Waitlisted Folks: There are separate threads for you for getting in touch with each other and discussing next strategy.

Ross Michigan Class of 2018: Calling all Admitted Students!!
Ross Michigan Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Manager
Manager
Question regarding education section of app  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 22:49
In the education portion, it states: "Do not list an institution where you did not earn or will not earn a degree."

How does this apply for transfer students?

I was at College A for year 1, and College B for years 2-4. Additionally, I took some courses at College C. But since I only received a degree from College B, based on the instructions it would seem that I should only include College B's transcript.

Where would I discuss Colleges A or C? Would I attach those transcripts to the 'Additional Information' section, and make a reference in my essay #3?
Current Student
B
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE: General Management (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2015, 08:55
Hi guys,

I am a R2 applicant, and have a quick question. There is a section in the application for 'additional information', which is similar to the optional essay question. Can someone shed some light on what information to write here ? I am using the optional essay to write about my choice of recommenders and some information about my undergraduate grades. I also some significant association with a non-profit organization, and I want to write few things about that. Can I use the 'Additional Information' section to write about that ?
What should be the word limit, and can I use some pictures in the document ?

Sorry for bombarding with so many questions :). Bit anxious about this as deadline is so near !
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2015, 00:39
This might be a stupid question...but there is no such thing as a stupid question, right? Not sure if this is the right place to post this so let me know and I will delete and/or move it.

The resume upload instructions says to use 1-inch margins. My resume is pretty refined, but I am using half-inch margins. 1-inch margins would put me over a page and I really do not want to reformat/restructure the resume. Can anyone advise whether this is a hardfast rule?

Thanks and happy holidays.

Ross Application wrote:
Instructions: Create your resume with one-inch margins and save the document in .pdf format to ensure all special formatting is retained in the file.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 2.57
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Ross application - Additional Information section  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2016, 16:13
Hi fellow GMATCLUBers,

Does anyone know what should go under this section, if any? Would post-collegiate extra-curricular involvement be a good fit since Ross doesn't ask for it in the application like other schools?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Re: Ross application - Additional Information section  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2016, 17:02
You can talk about anything that you feel is relevant to your application. I used the additional information section to submit a 400 word essay explaining my low undergrad GPA, and the optional essay to tell another story about myself.
Retired Moderator
B
Status: Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2016, 06:16
socalbro wrote:
This might be a stupid question...but there is no such thing as a stupid question, right? Not sure if this is the right place to post this so let me know and I will delete and/or move it.

The resume upload instructions says to use 1-inch margins. My resume is pretty refined, but I am using half-inch margins. 1-inch margins would put me over a page and I really do not want to reformat/restructure the resume. Can anyone advise whether this is a hardfast rule?

Thanks and happy holidays.

Ross Application wrote:
Instructions: Create your resume with one-inch margins and save the document in .pdf format to ensure all special formatting is retained in the file.

I would follow the instructions as listed. You wouldn't want your resume to have parts of it cut out, would you?

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2016, 11:28
amitkumar0703 wrote:
Hi guys,

I am a R2 applicant, and have a quick question. There is a section in the application for 'additional information', which is similar to the optional essay question. Can someone shed some light on what information to write here ? I am using the optional essay to write about my choice of recommenders and some information about my undergraduate grades. I also some significant association with a non-profit organization, and I want to write few things about that. Can I use the 'Additional Information' section to write about that ?
What should be the word limit, and can I use some pictures in the document ?

Sorry for bombarding with so many questions :). Bit anxious about this as deadline is so near !

Ask away.

I used the Addition Information section to write about my low undergrad GPA and I used the Optional Essay to add an MBA-relevant story to my profile. You can literally put any type of info in the Additional Information as long as it's relevant -- don't take it too far. When I applied R1, I asked the admissions office about it, and they confirmed that I could use the Additional Information section to discuss anything I felt would be relevant information to my profile.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools: Sloan '18 (II)
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2016, 14:18
Ross website not working for anyone else? This is absurd 2 days before the deadline
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2016, 14:20
Clashes wrote:
Ross website not working for anyone else? This is absurd 2 days before the deadline

Not working for me either, I agree - it's annoying
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2016, 14:34
Not working! Will they postpone deadlines?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2016, 14:34
Not working! Will they postpone deadlines?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2016, 15:11
GMATAssociate wrote:
Clashes wrote:

Not working for me either, I agree - it's annoying

I was able to get to the Ross application through another school that uses the same platform. Try going to ApplyWeb and logging in. Should be able to navigate eventually to your Ross app.
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2016, 18:26
When my recommender submitted the recommendation I got a confirmation email that also sent a link to my application in it. I can access the application through that link so you may want to try that too.
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2016, 18:27
When my recommender submitted the recommendation I got a confirmation email that also sent a link to my application in it. I can access the application through that link so you may want to try that too.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2016, 22:15
Submitted to Ross on Thursday night US-time :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2016, 23:37
healthjunkie wrote:

Great tip healthjunkie. Thanks for this. Even i was stressing out about not being able to access the Ross website. Just have to submit.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Ross Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018   [#permalink] 02 Jan 2016, 23:37

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  30    Next  [ 598 posts ] 

Calling all Ross Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: variantguy, anjalyly