GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Oct 2018, 18:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 5659
Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2018, 10:02
3
Tuck's Interview Policy - Revealed in the chat session today by Amy Mitson...

"Tuck has an open interview policy which means that any candidate who would like to come to campus, may select a date and interview in person. Interviews will be open for registration in late July and the first day of on campus interviews is August 31. If you are unable to come to campus and would like to interview, we will contact you at some point after your application has been received and before decisions are released. Yes, I realize this is a large window of time! And there is some waiting involved! We do not have an EXACT schedule of when you will be contacted for an interview. All interview opportunities are GOOD ones; whether you come to campus or wait for an invitation. All interview opportunities are viewed EQUALLY; whether in person or via SKYPE, WeChat, Google hangout, etc."

_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 5659
Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2018, 10:31
1
Posting here transcript of our recent Tuck adcom chat.

"The STRONG BONDS at Tuck are part of our culture. The small size absolutely contributes to people working closely together and knowing one another very well. Additionally, the uniqueness of our campus location contributes to strong bonds. While you will be pulled in many directions during your 2 years at Tuck, there are somewhat fewer distractions when you decide to come to Hanover than in a big city. Our students do not retreat to existing networks, they come together to form a new network at Tuck." - Amy Mitson, Sr. Associate Director of Admissions, Tuck School.
Attachment:
Tuck Chat July 13 Transcript.pdf [86.7 KiB]
Downloaded 62 times
To download please login or register as a user


_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Tuck Thread Master
User avatar
B
Joined: 09 May 2012
Posts: 24
Schools: Tuck '21
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2018, 07:44
1
Submitted my application! Super excited and nervous at the same time.
Tuck Thread Master
User avatar
B
Joined: 09 May 2012
Posts: 24
Schools: Tuck '21
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2018, 06:43
Hi all,

Please note that the application portal for Tuck Diversity Conference this year has been launched. You can find more information about it here:

http://clubs.tuck.dartmouth.edu/diversity/

This is a great event and you can interview for Tuck during this.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 5659
Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2018, 10:25
1
Hi Guys,

Next week Tuck adcoms again visiting our forum to chat with prospective applicants. We invite all of you to participate in this session and ask your questions/doubts about application with them. Event details given below. See you all in the chat.

Date & Time: Wednesday, August 29, 2018; 12 pm Eastern Time (9am Pacific, 9:30pm IST)
Presenter: Patricia Harrison, Senior Associate Director of Admissions
Join Link: GMATClub Chat Room
Image
_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 5659
Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2018, 02:07
tvpwc wrote:
Hi all,

Please note that the application portal for Tuck Diversity Conference this year has been launched. You can find more information about it here:

http://clubs.tuck.dartmouth.edu/diversity/

This is a great event and you can interview for Tuck during this.


Looks like this year they have virtual session too. It would be a nice opportunity for those who can't visit the Tuck. http://clubs.tuck.dartmouth.edu/diversi ... ual-divco/
_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Feb 2015
Posts: 7
Location: India
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.48
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2018, 20:11
Hey guys,

I'm a bit confused regarding the LoR questions. What is the word limit for the 5 mandatory questions of reference in the Tuck application?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
S
Joined: 12 Jun 2017
Posts: 26
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2018, 03:45
I found this info in Tuck website.

Complete applications must include self-reported GMAT or GRE scores; there are no waivers. You must submit an official score report before matriculating. We will verify scores for all admitted students.

I want to know what does this mean?

You must submit an official score report before matriculating.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 5659
Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2018, 06:56
Unbroken wrote:
I found this info in Tuck website.

Complete applications must include self-reported GMAT or GRE scores; there are no waivers. You must submit an official score report before matriculating. We will verify scores for all admitted students.

I want to know what does this mean?

You must submit an official score report before matriculating.


From what I understood, it means they are ok with the self reported score (a score report you received after completing the test) for evaluation of your candidacy; however, if you get in to Tuck they must receive an official score report from GMAC to confirm your seat to the program.
_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Tuck Thread Master
User avatar
B
Joined: 09 May 2012
Posts: 24
Schools: Tuck '21
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2018, 08:40
arun93 wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm a bit confused regarding the LoR questions. What is the word limit for the 5 mandatory questions of reference in the Tuck application?


I believe your recommenders should receive email with enough instructions from Tuck after you add their email addresses to the online application portal.
Tuck Thread Master
User avatar
B
Joined: 09 May 2012
Posts: 24
Schools: Tuck '21
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2018, 08:42
Narenn wrote:
Unbroken wrote:
I found this info in Tuck website.

Complete applications must include self-reported GMAT or GRE scores; there are no waivers. You must submit an official score report before matriculating. We will verify scores for all admitted students.

I want to know what does this mean?

You must submit an official score report before matriculating.


From what I understood, it means they are ok with the self reported score (a score report you received after completing the test) for evaluation of your candidacy; however, if you get in to Tuck they must receive an official score report from GMAC to confirm your seat to the program.


That's correct. What I remember from a webinar with Tuck is that the school won't ask you to submit your official score (via GMAC) until you are accepted and about to matriculate. You can self-report your score in your application.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 5659
Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2018, 09:44
Look forward to see you all in the adcom chat tomorrow. Anyone can't attend the chat but has questions to ask? Pls PM your questions to me or tvpwc. We will try to get their answers from adcom.

Narenn wrote:
Hi Guys,

Next week Tuck adcoms again visiting our forum to chat with prospective applicants. We invite all of you to participate in this session and ask your questions/doubts about application with them. Event details given below. See you all in the chat.

Date & Time: Wednesday, August 29, 2018; 12 pm Eastern Time (9am Pacific, 9:30pm IST)
Presenter: Patricia Harrison, Senior Associate Director of Admissions
Join Link: GMATClub Chat Room
Image

_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 5659
Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2018, 09:03
Tuck chat is LIVE. If you are around, join the chat room to ask your questions to Tuck adcoms.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?fl=menu

Narenn wrote:
Hi Guys,

Next week Tuck adcoms again visiting our forum to chat with prospective applicants. We invite all of you to participate in this session and ask your questions/doubts about application with them. Event details given below. See you all in the chat.

Date & Time: Wednesday, August 29, 2018; 12 pm Eastern Time (9am Pacific, 9:30pm IST)
Presenter: Patricia Harrison, Senior Associate Director of Admissions
Join Link: GMATClub Chat Room
Image

_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Tuck Thread Master
User avatar
B
Joined: 09 May 2012
Posts: 24
Schools: Tuck '21
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 08:55
1
Attached is the transcript for the Tuck live chat event on 9/29.

Thank you Narenn for compiling this.
Attachments

Tuck Chat Aug 29 Transcript.pdf [140.28 KiB]
Downloaded 30 times

To download please login or register as a user

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Aug 2018
Posts: 1
Location: United States
Schools: HBS '21 (S)
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2018, 10:22
Anybody else not able to see an "application proof" option on the "Review" page? Tuck is the first school I've seen where this is the case.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jan 2018
Posts: 6
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 05:57
1
In for round 1!
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 5659
Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 07:32
Last day to submit R1 apps. Good luck to all!

Overview of the R1 apps submitted so far. Everyone has 700+ GMAT score. :-)
Attachment:
Tuck R1 submissions.png
Tuck R1 submissions.png [ 51.15 KiB | Viewed 715 times ]

_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Tuck Thread Master
User avatar
B
Joined: 09 May 2012
Posts: 24
Schools: Tuck '21
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 12:22
gmatnyc123 wrote:
Anybody else not able to see an "application proof" option on the "Review" page? Tuck is the first school I've seen where this is the case.


Yes, that's right, but it's not something you need to worry about I can guarantee.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Sep 2018
Posts: 17
Location: Japan
GPA: 1
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2018, 00:12
Submitted!

I'm wondering why tuck removed the international focus this time around. Seems to be alot of focus on 'nice'
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Apr 2018
Posts: 4
Location: South Africa
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GMAT 2: 780 Q49 V51
GPA: 3.73
WE: Other (Insurance)
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2018, 00:34
Submitted ! For those applying in R2 don't underestimate this application, I found the essays to be the most difficult of all the schools I applied to - particularly trying to craft a compelling narrative for the "nice" essay.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! &nbs [#permalink] 28 Sep 2018, 00:34

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 67 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.