GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 02:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
2526272829301
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
303112345
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Sep 2018
Posts: 17
Location: Japan
GPA: 1
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2018, 17:16
Canteenbottle wrote:
I just pulled a paragraph directly from Tuck's website:

Which Interviews Are Valued More?

All interviews carry equal importance in our evaluation process, regardless of who conducts the interview, where it is held, or how it was initiated.

I will take Tuck's statement at face value.


Cmon man you got a 44V. You should be able to do better than this. I'm not asking if interviews have differing levels of importance

And I don't doubt that all interviews ARE important. Rather Im curious about how flying to tuck is perceived by adcoms and if it increases chances. gmatclub data already suggests that just be self initiating an on campus interview your chances of admission double. So im curious if this can be extrapolated to adcom initiated interviews as well
Darden & Kenan Flagler Thread Master
avatar
S
Joined: 28 Oct 2015
Posts: 128
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2018, 05:29
Eurotrash34 wrote:
Amaranth wrote:
Well, I just visited Tuck yesterday, and yes, they do look favorably upon people who make the trip down. The thing is, you're going to be spending over 2k dollars for just 1 interview. If you think its worth it, go for it. I'd still try and combine it with 2-3 other class visits, or possibly other interviews if you can.



Can you share a bit more about your experience in your vist to Tuck?


Nothing major to say. Sadly, I couldn't do a class visit, cause the FYs are on break for the week. Campus is gorgeous though and people were really friendly. I had my interview in the morning, a lunch with students after, a tour of campus and a Q&A with the Admissions Director. They were genuinely happy I made the trip down, in fact one of the questions in my interview was about living in Hanover for 2 years. That said, there were a lot of people who did travel down from China, India etc. The response to my post-interview note also thanked me for making the trip.

Its up to you if you want to visit, I would recommend not doing it for just one single interview. But if you can make a trip out of it, sit in on a class and visit 1-2 other schools then go for it. My visits to business schools were super worth it, some schools I wasn't considering as seriously are at the top of my list and vice-versa.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Sep 2017
Posts: 24
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q44 V44
WE: Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2018, 05:38
Amaranth wrote:
Eurotrash34 wrote:
Amaranth wrote:
Well, I just visited Tuck yesterday, and yes, they do look favorably upon people who make the trip down. The thing is, you're going to be spending over 2k dollars for just 1 interview. If you think its worth it, go for it. I'd still try and combine it with 2-3 other class visits, or possibly other interviews if you can.



Can you share a bit more about your experience in your vist to Tuck?


Nothing major to say. Sadly, I couldn't do a class visit, cause the FYs are on break for the week. Campus is gorgeous though and people were really friendly. I had my interview in the morning, a lunch with students after, a tour of campus and a Q&A with the Admissions Director. They were genuinely happy I made the trip down, in fact one of the questions in my interview was about living in Hanover for 2 years. That said, there were a lot of people who did travel down from China, India etc. The response to my post-interview note also thanked me for making the trip.

Its up to you if you want to visit, I would recommend not doing it for just one single interview. But if you can make a trip out of it, sit in on a class and visit 1-2 other schools then go for it. My visits to business schools were super worth it, some schools I wasn't considering as seriously are at the top of my list and vice-versa.


I visited Tuck for my interview in early September and generally had a good experience. Some of the programming was helpful while others were not. After my interview, I had a class visit, lunch with students, campus tour, and admissions Q&A. The class visit was helpful to get a sense of what professors are like and what cold calling looks like. Since it was the first week of classes, it was also helpful to understand how the quarter system works in terms of midterms and assignments. The lunch with students and admissions Q&A were less helpful. The students were first years so they had only been on campus for 2 weeks or so. They shared what those two weeks were like (spoiler alert, really really intense) but beyond that were not able to share much. I had also already submitted my app and, clearly interviewed, so the admissions Q&A was not helpful either. Overall, I got a good feel for the school and the types of students there. I also got some of my questions about cross-University collaboration answered.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jan 2014
Posts: 5
Location: India
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 2.71
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2018, 07:05
I am interviewing in Mumbai, India this Friday. Anyone else from India who has interviewed or is interviewing for Tuck? Tuck is my first choice school and need some guidance regarding the interview process.

Cheers,
Aravind
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Aug 2014
Posts: 4
Schools: Tuck '21 (WL)
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2018, 22:19
p27051 wrote:
I am interviewing in Mumbai, India this Friday. Anyone else from India who has interviewed or is interviewing for Tuck? Tuck is my first choice school and need some guidance regarding the interview process.

Cheers,
Aravind


Hi, best of luck for the interview! Have the Tuck interview invites started coming in?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Oct 2016
Posts: 7
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2018, 04:10
I just got invited to interview. Has anyone interviewed in Mumbai already? I am hoping to do my interview in person but the only available slots are in this week (tomorrow and day after). Are more slots expected to open up soon?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jan 2018
Posts: 13
Location: United States (NY)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.36
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2018, 06:34
Eurotrash34 wrote:
Canteenbottle wrote:
I just pulled a paragraph directly from Tuck's website:

Which Interviews Are Valued More?

All interviews carry equal importance in our evaluation process, regardless of who conducts the interview, where it is held, or how it was initiated.

I will take Tuck's statement at face value.


Cmon man you got a 44V. You should be able to do better than this. I'm not asking if interviews have differing levels of importance

And I don't doubt that all interviews ARE important. Rather Im curious about how flying to tuck is perceived by adcoms and if it increases chances. gmatclub data already suggests that just be self initiating an on campus interview your chances of admission double. So im curious if this can be extrapolated to adcom initiated interviews as well


"How much do you think doing my interview on campus would impact my chance of admission?" - I believe this is your original question, which seems to suggest that you want to know if adcom values interviews differently. If you want to know whether flying all the way from Japan to Tuck is gonna increase your chance of getting into Tuck, it may be. Every little bit helps. However, no one can predict how significant that boost can be. I also want to point out that Gmatclub data may be misleading as people turn to report their success rather than their failure.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Aug 2014
Posts: 4
Schools: Tuck '21 (WL)
Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2018, 08:02
Hello everyone, does anyone know till when the R1 interview invites keep trickling in for Indian applicants?
LBS, Yale, & Tuck Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Oct 2018
Posts: 49
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2018, 16:18
prachi9871 wrote:
Hello everyone, does anyone know till when the R1 interview invites keep trickling in for Indian applicants?


Hey Prachi

I just checked the availability dates in the tuck interview system.

Interview dates are currently available until Nov 7

So I imagine Tuck could send interview invites up until that date.

However they may decide to add more interview spots so take this information with a grain of salt.
_________________

.

MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 5886
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2018, 05:48

Oct 30, 2018. Tuesday. Personal, Connected, Transformative: Your Intro to Tuck - YouTube Live Session


At Tuck, you create your own future. Through everyday encounters with people who inspire you, global experiences that expand your horizons, and activities that connect you to our community for life, Tuck offers an education as individual as each of its students.

Join Kristin Roth, Associate Director of Admissions, to learn more about Tuck’s personal, connected, and transformative learning community. This event will include a short presentation and will provide plenty of time for an interactive Q&A session. We're sure you'll walk away from this event excited to take the next step to Tuck!

Date & Time: Tuesday, Oct 30, 2018; 12pm Eastern Time (9am PST, 4pm GMT, 9:30pm IST)
Join Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne_LE-58-bg

Image

Name and brief introduction of speaker: Kristin Roth, Associate Director of Admissions

Kristin is an Associate Director of Admissions at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth and has been with Tuck since 2007. She serves on the admissions committee, reads applications, interviews candidates, leads recruitment of military veterans, and travels globally for Tuck. Prior to Tuck, Kristin worked in career services at Dartmouth College, the University of Virginia, and Georgetown University, as well as in human resources for General Electric. She received her undergraduate degree from Georgetown University and master’s degrees from Georgetown and the University of Virginia.
_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Aug 2014
Posts: 4
Schools: Tuck '21 (WL)
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2018, 23:54
AUSJ wrote:
prachi9871 wrote:
Hello everyone, does anyone know till when the R1 interview invites keep trickling in for Indian applicants?


Hey Prachi

I just checked the availability dates in the tuck interview system.

Interview dates are currently available until Nov 7

So I imagine Tuck could send interview invites up until that date.

However they may decide to add more interview spots so take this information with a grain of salt.



Any idea if the invites are still coming in? If they have stopped sending invites, when are the rejection emails due? Any information would be really appreciated.
Tuck Thread Master
User avatar
B
Joined: 09 May 2012
Posts: 27
Schools: Tuck '21
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2018, 07:26
paaa1234 wrote:
AUSJ wrote:
prachi9871 wrote:
Hello everyone, does anyone know till when the R1 interview invites keep trickling in for Indian applicants?


Hey Prachi

I just checked the availability dates in the tuck interview system.

Interview dates are currently available until Nov 7

So I imagine Tuck could send interview invites up until that date.

However they may decide to add more interview spots so take this information with a grain of salt.



Any idea if the invites are still coming in? If they have stopped sending invites, when are the rejection emails due? Any information would be really appreciated.


I don't have information about this but why don't you self-initiate interview with Tuck Adcom, if possible? I just checked and noticed there are still on-campus interview slots from Nov 5 to Nov 9.
Manager
Manager
avatar
G
Joined: 21 Jul 2015
Posts: 168
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2018, 14:30
Hi all,

I am considering visiting Tuck before I apply in Round 2 later this year. The goal is to learn about the school. Has anybody been able to schedule a visit without an applicant initiated interview this Fall? The website says to contact admissions office if an applicant wants to visit without an interview. Before I contact the office, I wanted to check if anybody has been able to do that.

Thank you!
_________________

Please take a moment to hit Kudos if my post helps.

MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 5886
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 07:48
Hi Everyone, YouTube session with Tuck is starting in 10 minutes. Here's a link to join this session.. Join Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne_LE-58-bg

Narenn wrote:

Oct 30, 2018. Tuesday. Personal, Connected, Transformative: Your Intro to Tuck - YouTube Live Session


At Tuck, you create your own future. Through everyday encounters with people who inspire you, global experiences that expand your horizons, and activities that connect you to our community for life, Tuck offers an education as individual as each of its students.

_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 5886
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 08:12
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2018
Posts: 5
Schools: Haas '21 (I)
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2018, 13:29
Is it just me, or does it seem like activity here is muted compared to prior years? Are lesser people applying?
LBS, Yale, & Tuck Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Oct 2018
Posts: 49
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2018, 21:21
1
Hi all

I am heading to tuck next week. Ill be sure to take alot of pictures and write in detail about my experience
_________________

.

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Mar 2018
Posts: 27
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Premium Member
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 05:57
helloeveryonee wrote:
Is it just me, or does it seem like activity here is muted compared to prior years? Are lesser people applying?


Maybe most people who applied round 1 have already interviewed (I did) and now it is a tense waiting game..... : )
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 May 2018
Posts: 4
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 07:03
helloeveryonee wrote:
Is it just me, or does it seem like activity here is muted compared to prior years? Are lesser people applying?


Hi there,

I guess that's not correct. I attended a campus visit recently and there were like 30-40 people attending on the same day. All of them had their interviews on the same day. I believe its just that the applicant pool turned out to be much competitive this year rather than decrease in number of applicants.
Manager
Manager
avatar
G
Joined: 21 Jul 2015
Posts: 168
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 07:53
Hi Kumarp

Did you interview as well during your visit?

Posted from my mobile device
_________________

Please take a moment to hit Kudos if my post helps.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! &nbs [#permalink] 02 Nov 2018, 07:53

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 131 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: tvpwc, AUSJ



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.