GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 04:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 1
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2018, 18:16
Canteenbottle wrote:
I just pulled a paragraph directly from Tuck's website:

Which Interviews Are Valued More?

All interviews carry equal importance in our evaluation process, regardless of who conducts the interview, where it is held, or how it was initiated.

I will take Tuck's statement at face value.

Cmon man you got a 44V. You should be able to do better than this. I'm not asking if interviews have differing levels of importance

And I don't doubt that all interviews ARE important. Rather Im curious about how flying to tuck is perceived by adcoms and if it increases chances. gmatclub data already suggests that just be self initiating an on campus interview your chances of admission double. So im curious if this can be extrapolated to adcom initiated interviews as well
Darden & Kenan Flagler Thread Master
S
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2018, 06:29
Eurotrash34 wrote:
Amaranth wrote:
Well, I just visited Tuck yesterday, and yes, they do look favorably upon people who make the trip down. The thing is, you're going to be spending over 2k dollars for just 1 interview. If you think its worth it, go for it. I'd still try and combine it with 2-3 other class visits, or possibly other interviews if you can.

Can you share a bit more about your experience in your vist to Tuck?

Nothing major to say. Sadly, I couldn't do a class visit, cause the FYs are on break for the week. Campus is gorgeous though and people were really friendly. I had my interview in the morning, a lunch with students after, a tour of campus and a Q&A with the Admissions Director. They were genuinely happy I made the trip down, in fact one of the questions in my interview was about living in Hanover for 2 years. That said, there were a lot of people who did travel down from China, India etc. The response to my post-interview note also thanked me for making the trip.

Its up to you if you want to visit, I would recommend not doing it for just one single interview. But if you can make a trip out of it, sit in on a class and visit 1-2 other schools then go for it. My visits to business schools were super worth it, some schools I wasn't considering as seriously are at the top of my list and vice-versa.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q44 V44
WE: Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2018, 06:38
Amaranth wrote:
Eurotrash34 wrote:
Amaranth wrote:
Well, I just visited Tuck yesterday, and yes, they do look favorably upon people who make the trip down. The thing is, you're going to be spending over 2k dollars for just 1 interview. If you think its worth it, go for it. I'd still try and combine it with 2-3 other class visits, or possibly other interviews if you can.

Can you share a bit more about your experience in your vist to Tuck?

Nothing major to say. Sadly, I couldn't do a class visit, cause the FYs are on break for the week. Campus is gorgeous though and people were really friendly. I had my interview in the morning, a lunch with students after, a tour of campus and a Q&A with the Admissions Director. They were genuinely happy I made the trip down, in fact one of the questions in my interview was about living in Hanover for 2 years. That said, there were a lot of people who did travel down from China, India etc. The response to my post-interview note also thanked me for making the trip.

Its up to you if you want to visit, I would recommend not doing it for just one single interview. But if you can make a trip out of it, sit in on a class and visit 1-2 other schools then go for it. My visits to business schools were super worth it, some schools I wasn't considering as seriously are at the top of my list and vice-versa.

I visited Tuck for my interview in early September and generally had a good experience. Some of the programming was helpful while others were not. After my interview, I had a class visit, lunch with students, campus tour, and admissions Q&A. The class visit was helpful to get a sense of what professors are like and what cold calling looks like. Since it was the first week of classes, it was also helpful to understand how the quarter system works in terms of midterms and assignments. The lunch with students and admissions Q&A were less helpful. The students were first years so they had only been on campus for 2 weeks or so. They shared what those two weeks were like (spoiler alert, really really intense) but beyond that were not able to share much. I had also already submitted my app and, clearly interviewed, so the admissions Q&A was not helpful either. Overall, I got a good feel for the school and the types of students there. I also got some of my questions about cross-University collaboration answered.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 2.71

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2018, 08:05
I am interviewing in Mumbai, India this Friday. Anyone else from India who has interviewed or is interviewing for Tuck? Tuck is my first choice school and need some guidance regarding the interview process.

Cheers,
Aravind
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2018, 23:19
p27051 wrote:
I am interviewing in Mumbai, India this Friday. Anyone else from India who has interviewed or is interviewing for Tuck? Tuck is my first choice school and need some guidance regarding the interview process.

Cheers,
Aravind

Hi, best of luck for the interview! Have the Tuck interview invites started coming in?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2018, 05:10
I just got invited to interview. Has anyone interviewed in Mumbai already? I am hoping to do my interview in person but the only available slots are in this week (tomorrow and day after). Are more slots expected to open up soon?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Tuck '21
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.36

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2018, 07:34
Eurotrash34 wrote:
Canteenbottle wrote:
I just pulled a paragraph directly from Tuck's website:

Which Interviews Are Valued More?

All interviews carry equal importance in our evaluation process, regardless of who conducts the interview, where it is held, or how it was initiated.

I will take Tuck's statement at face value.

Cmon man you got a 44V. You should be able to do better than this. I'm not asking if interviews have differing levels of importance

And I don't doubt that all interviews ARE important. Rather Im curious about how flying to tuck is perceived by adcoms and if it increases chances. gmatclub data already suggests that just be self initiating an on campus interview your chances of admission double. So im curious if this can be extrapolated to adcom initiated interviews as well

"How much do you think doing my interview on campus would impact my chance of admission?" - I believe this is your original question, which seems to suggest that you want to know if adcom values interviews differently. If you want to know whether flying all the way from Japan to Tuck is gonna increase your chance of getting into Tuck, it may be. Every little bit helps. However, no one can predict how significant that boost can be. I also want to point out that Gmatclub data may be misleading as people turn to report their success rather than their failure.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! &nbs [#permalink] 10 Oct 2018, 07:34

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   [ 67 posts ] 

Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap