Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:09 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V40
GRE 1: Q790 V660
WE:Engineering (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.46
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all USC Marshall Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Dinged without interview... Application status is still submitted but at the end of profile there is decision link. :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all USC Marshall Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
aankitfbd wrote:
Dinged without interview... Application status is still submitted but at the end of profile there is decision link. :(

Which page did you see this? The main page showing "Application Status"?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Send PM
I was a round two applicant but there isn't any decision link as yet on the application page and also no update on the portal. I haven't got an invite from usc either . Anyone else in a similar situation?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Send PM
mba87 wrote:
I was a round two applicant but there isn't any decision link as yet on the application page and also no update on the portal. I haven't got an invite from usc either . Anyone else in a similar situation?

Only US applicants received interviews till today.

Originally posted by radioforce on 25 Feb 2016, 20:34.
Last edited by radioforce on 02 Mar 2016, 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GPA: 3
Send PM
zyypanda wrote:
aankitfbd wrote:

Application for Admission VIEW APPLICATION
APPLICATION STATUS: SUBMITTED Submitted Icon
PRINT RECEIPT
Submitted Date: 12/23/2015 4:53:00 AM EST
RECOMMENDATION PROVIDERS:
Amal Mittal: Submitted, 1/5/2016
Ashish Poddar: Submitted, 1/8/2016
DECISION STATUS: AVAILABLE BEGINNING 2/23/2016
Your application decision is now available online

And I clicked on the online.

Below was the message.

2/22/2016

Dear Ankit Gupta,

Thank you for your interest in attending the Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California. Unfortunately, I must inform you that the Admissions Committee was unable to act favorably on your application.

The Admissions Committee evaluates applications for admission to our program from a large number of highly qualified candidates, and each application is given careful consideration. The criteria used in the evaluation process represent a range of both qualitative and quantitative measures. These include academic performance, professional accomplishments, and the personal attributes discussed in your application package.

Again, we appreciate your interest in attending the Marshall School of Business.

Sincerely,

Kellee Scott
Interim Director, Full Time MBA Admissions
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
mba87 There's no decision link inside my application either! Not sure what this means though!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aankitfbd wrote:
zyypanda wrote:
aankitfbd wrote:

Application for Admission VIEW APPLICATION
APPLICATION STATUS: SUBMITTED Submitted Icon
PRINT RECEIPT
Submitted Date: 12/23/2015 4:53:00 AM EST
RECOMMENDATION PROVIDERS:
Amal Mittal: Submitted, 1/5/2016
Ashish Poddar: Submitted, 1/8/2016
DECISION STATUS: AVAILABLE BEGINNING 2/23/2016
Your application decision is now available online

And I clicked on the online.

Below was the message.

2/22/2016

Dear Ankit Gupta,

Thank you for your interest in attending the Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California. Unfortunately, I must inform you that the Admissions Committee was unable to act favorably on your application.

The Admissions Committee evaluates applications for admission to our program from a large number of highly qualified candidates, and each application is given careful consideration. The criteria used in the evaluation process represent a range of both qualitative and quantitative measures. These include academic performance, professional accomplishments, and the personal attributes discussed in your application package.

Again, we appreciate your interest in attending the Marshall School of Business.

Sincerely,

Kellee Scott
Interim Director, Full Time MBA Admissions

Thanks for sharing the details!!! Appreciated it!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Should I be worried that I haven't heard anything yet? LiveWire shows some acceptances, waitlists, and dings for Marshall this month. Trying to keep my hopes up!! R2 Cali applicant.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Don't be worried y'all, still evaluating apps one at a time :)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
sfmba512 wrote:
J5D wrote:
Hi international students -- just met with admissions today. They are not done extending interview invites to international students for R2 yet. Hope that helps.

Hey J5D - does the AdCom make admit calls on a rolling basis once they interview you? I saw a few people post R2 acceptances on LIveWire today. My interview is this weekend, so I'm wondering if it possible they'll give a decision before the end of March :o
it's possible they will give you a decision before end of March, but I know most decisions will go out on the first week of April or so. I didn't get a call, but that's because they knew I was abroad at the time -- not really sure what that looks like if you're in the US.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
I just recently had my interview with Marshall and it was pretty tough, so I would definitely recommend heavy preparation to anyone about to interview.

Best of luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
vrn2vw wrote:
I just recently had my interview with Marshall and it was pretty tough, so I would definitely recommend heavy preparation to anyone about to interview.

Best of luck everyone!

Hi vrn2vw,
What kind of questions were you asked? Is it a blind interview or are they based on your essays?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
AjeethSwami wrote:
vrn2vw wrote:

Best of luck everyone!

Hi vrn2vw,
What kind of questions were you asked? Is it a blind interview or are they based on your essays?

Mine weren't based on my essays, but rather my resume. My interviewer (who was a director of admissions at Marshall) seemed to have only read my resume that day and proceed to ask me questions based off that. Honestly, the interview was tough in my opinion because the interviewer seemed to be keying on my weaknesses and asking how I would stand out in job interviews and what could I really provide to a company that others could not.

The interview got easier as the time went on, but the first 5-10 minutes were very critical of my background and experience. I'm not at all saying the interview was unfair, but based of my research of others interviews with Marshall, I was expecting a different tone for the interview. Y'all will do great though!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.5
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
In at USC! :) Just got the call about 20 minutes ago.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
ckirk12 wrote:

Is your application status updated as well on the application portal?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Send PM
Just received the invite for interview email! I am R2 international applicant.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
ckirk12 wrote:

Congrats! Mind sharing when you interviewed or any other details?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts