GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 08 Jul 2020, 02:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all USC Marshall Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
Re: Calling all USC Marshall Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 10:18
I'm R2 and still no invitation to interview. Still any hope for me? I checked the online portal and there's no decision link...
Manager
Manager
B
Re: Calling all USC Marshall Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 11:21
Same here...no decision link and no invite. R2 applicant.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2016, 10:32
vrn2vw wrote:
AjeethSwami wrote:
vrn2vw wrote:
I just recently had my interview with Marshall and it was pretty tough, so I would definitely recommend heavy preparation to anyone about to interview.

Best of luck everyone!

Hi vrn2vw,
What kind of questions were you asked? Is it a blind interview or are they based on your essays?

Mine weren't based on my essays, but rather my resume. My interviewer (who was a director of admissions at Marshall) seemed to have only read my resume that day and proceed to ask me questions based off that. Honestly, the interview was tough in my opinion because the interviewer seemed to be keying on my weaknesses and asking how I would stand out in job interviews and what could I really provide to a company that others could not.

The interview got easier as the time went on, but the first 5-10 minutes were very critical of my background and experience. I'm not at all saying the interview was unfair, but based of my research of others interviews with Marshall, I was expecting a different tone for the interview. Y'all will do great though!

My interview with the director was also pretty tough. Made me feel like I was totally off my game.
I think it might be a matter of interview style.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2016, 16:46
Got a call from admissions dean this Saturday at 7 PM EST, admitted! Admitted students weekend is April 29-30. Portal not yet updated for me.

Invited 2/20, interviewed on-campus 2/27, admitted 3/5
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all USC Marshall Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2016, 20:01
jbmnyc wrote:
Got a call from admissions dean this Saturday at 7 PM EST, admitted! Admitted students weekend is April 29-30. Portal not yet updated for me.

Congrats on the admit how did you get to know the dates for admit weekend?

Thanks..

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 3: 680 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.49
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2016, 21:32
Submitted 1/6, invite 2/10, interview on campus 2/27, call from dean 3/5 at 3PM PST. Letter and scholarship info in the mail. Status updated on portal as of 9:20PM PST. Dean mentioned admit weekend last weekend of April. Good luck to everyone else! Applied to 5 in R1 with no love so keep plugging away!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2016, 02:24
spiceguy wrote:
jbmnyc wrote:

Congrats on the admit how did you get to know the dates for admit weekend?

Thanks..

Dean of Admissions mentioned dates on voicemail he left
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2016, 05:02
Thank you.. Appreciate that..

Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2016, 12:13
International applicant from India, just received an invite to interview in person :-)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
GMAT 1: 530 Q47 V17
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
WE: Business Development (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling all USC Marshall Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2016, 15:49
Manish24 wrote:
International applicant from India, just received an invite to interview in person :-)

Great All the best
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2016, 18:49
USC is coming to Korea for a face to face interview. (March 18-19)
Scheduled an appointment on March 18.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2016, 07:00
Submitted to Marshall on R2 deadline day, received interview invite shortly thereafter, and got the acceptance call from the Dean last week. Letter and scholarship info arrived via snail mail.

Some good news (maybe?) on the scholarship. Basically got a scholarship for 50% of tuition over two years, which is nice, but still leaves a ton of money left over. Probably still looking at needing loans of 100k to attend, so still not sure the finances will work. Have thought about writing to them requesting more money, but not sure if that's likely to do anything good for me. My hard stats are far above their admit averages, so I was hoping for more. Really not sure if it's worth it to spend 100k to go to Marshall. Like the program a lot, just not sure I like it that much.

Just a heads-up on the interview... mine was quite tough. It was nothing like the typical smiles and sunshine B-school interview, it was forceful and challenging all throughout. My honest take after the interview was, "Well, no chance I'm getting admitted there, why did they even waste time with the interview?" I also kind of thought it may have just been the interviewer I had when it happened, but reading some of the above it seems like the status quo at Marshall. For all of you guys and girls out there prepping for the Marshall interview, I'd suggest you put in a lot of time to ready yourself, and don't get fazed when it gets difficult.
Intern
Intern
WE: Operations (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2016, 15:23
For what its worth, I thought I would share my own interview experience as it is drastically different than the ones described above. I interviewed with a 1st Year MBA ambassador on campus a couple weeks ago. His questions were very straight forward and typical of any job interview. At no point did I think he was trying to grill me or make me sweat. He was very nice and honest with me. Its possible that I just got lucky, but I just wanted to iterate to those out there that may still get an interview that they are all not bad.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2016, 13:07
wait listed without an interview. The wait game begins again.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 10:03
Anyone have any idea as to what is the average amount of scholarships awarded by Marshall, and what percentage of their MBA students receive them?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 10:32
Applied on the R2 deadline. LORs were late so I did not receive the application complete email for approximately two/three weeks after I submitted. Nothing on the you.usc portal and nothing on the application page under decision status where some people are finding things. Is there still hope? I received a financial aid email to fill out the application last week.

I'm going to be in CA at the beginning of April. Would anyone suggest following up with an email that I would be available for an interview?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 10:10
stephdavid6 wrote:
Applied on the R2 deadline. LORs were late so I did not receive the application complete email for approximately two/three weeks after I submitted. Nothing on the you.usc portal and nothing on the application page under decision status where some people are finding things. Is there still hope? I received a financial aid email to fill out the application last week.

I'm going to be in CA at the beginning of April. Would anyone suggest following up with an email that I would be available for an interview?

I think you should reach out to the Admissions Office, explain the situation, and ask for clarification on whether your application is being considered in the R2 cycle. I can't speak directly to Marshall on this, but I know that many programs require complete submission -- i.e. fully completed application and LORs -- on or before the round application deadline to be considered in that round. For example, you submit your application for R2, your LORs don't come down until a few days after the R2 deadline, then you automatically get pushed over into R3 for consideration as if you were a R3 applicant. Again, don't know if Marshall does this or not, so I think you would do best to reach out to them now and get clarification as to whether or not your application is being considered in R2.

I wouldn't think twice about the financial aid e-mail. Financial aid and MBA admissions aren't related in this respect.

As for going to CA, don't tell them you are available for interview. I think that comes across entirely the wrong way -- if they want you to interview, they'll let you know; they assume you are available (hence your application). Better bet would be to mention that you will be in CA and tell them you want to do a campus tour, class visit, coffee chat, etc. There's also the fact that the beginning of April will be after the R2 decision date, so if you're being considered in R2 and they want you to interview, they will send you the invite before then.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2016, 10:22
Disappointing to see Marshall drop in rankings this year. Was 25 in US News in 2015, dropped to 31 in 2016 ranking list published today.

I know there are 20 top 10 schools and to take all rankings with a grain of salt, etc... But brand certainly does matter. Thoughts on such a huge drop?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2016, 15:41
Hi all,

Round 3 international applicant here. I guess many of you have faced the same issue at some point. Should I send hard copies of my transcripts and diplomas to USC and IERF before even getting the interview invite?? I thought Adcoms would rely on transcripts and diplomas uploaded through the Application Portal for evaluation purpose. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance guys!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
GMAT 1: 530 Q47 V17
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
WE: Business Development (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2016, 17:04
bguedes wrote:
Hi all,

Round 3 international applicant here. I guess many of you have faced the same issue at some point. Should I send hard copies of my transcripts and diplomas to USC and IERF before even getting the interview invite?? I thought Adcoms would rely on transcripts and diplomas uploaded through the Application Portal for evaluation purpose. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance guys!

You need to submit them only once you are admitted.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all USC Marshall Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 16 Mar 2016, 17:04

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14    Next  [ 275 posts ] 

Calling all USC Marshall Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status