[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "206_school_count"
Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 : Kenan-Flagler - Page 23
Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 21:06 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 21:06
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q81 V84 DI81
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GRE 1: Q165 V158
GPA: 2.9
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 6.35
Send PM
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
00514339 wrote:
Guys... Help me choose between ISB Hyderabad (No scholarship) & UNC Kenan Flagler (Full ride scholarship) post mba goals - consulting 

UNC + Full Ride Scholarship is a blessing. Consulting is their strength; you will be catapulted to a great career.

(Don’t die in the same place you were born. Travel the world, see diverse cultures, build relationships across the globe, and most importantly - have stories to tell)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
GPA: 3.96
Send PM
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
00514339 wrote:
Guys... Help me choose between ISB Hyderabad (No scholarship) & UNC Kenan Flagler (Full ride scholarship) post mba goals - consulting 

Are you an R2 applicant ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 160
Send PM
00514339 wrote:

What was your score and profile?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
­I just got an email titled 'When you can expect your Full-Time MBA admission decision' .
I haven't been invited for an interview yet. I've noticed others received a similar email previously. Did anyone eventually receive an interview invitation after this email?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 61
Send PM
Shankar101 wrote:
I just got an email titled ’When you can expect your Full-Time MBA admission decision’ . I haven’t been invited for an interview yet. I’ve noticed others received a similar email previously. Did anyone eventually receive an interview invitation after this email?

When did you receive this?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
received today
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Shankar101 wrote:
I just got an email titled ’When you can expect your Full-Time MBA admission decision’ . I haven’t been invited for an interview yet. I’ve noticed others received a similar email previously. Did anyone eventually receive an interview invitation after this email?

What is the content/body of this email?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Shankar101 wrote:

Hi, there is no pattern with regard to these mails. I have not received this email either before invite or post interview. The only reliable indicator would be if someone from UNC checks your LinkedIn profile.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Submitting your application to our Full-Time MBA program can feel like you just finished a marathon, and comes with a lot excitement and many questions. One question we often receive is, "when should I expect a decision on my application?"

We will release your admission decision on March 11, 2024.

Ahead of this big day, we encourage you to review our events calendar. It's filled with webinars hosted by members of the UNC Kenan-Flagler community and opportunities to visit us in Chapel Hill. You can also connect with an MBA Student Ambassador to hear about their unique UNC Kenan-Flagler experience.

As always, we're here to help. If you have any (other) questions, send us an email at mba_info@unc.edu.
GyanDhan Financing Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, 

Choosing between ISB Hyderabad and UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School, especially when considering a significant financial incentive like a full-ride scholarship at UNC, requires a careful assessment of various factors aligned with your post-MBA goals. Here's a structured approach to help you weigh your options:

Career Goals and Industry Focus
  • ISB Hyderabad: Known for its strong network in India and Asia, ISB is ideal if you're aiming for a career in markets within these regions. It has excellent ties with the Indian corporate world, making it a great choice for entrepreneurship, consulting, and technology roles in Asia.
  • UNC Kenan-Flagler: With a full-ride scholarship, UNC presents an attractive proposition, especially if you're looking to work in the US or in industries where UNC has strong placements, such as finance, healthcare, and technology. The school's global alumni network can also be a valuable asset for international career opportunities.
Financial Consideration
The financial aspect is significant. A full-ride scholarship at UNC Kenan-Flagler means graduating debt-free, providing more flexibility in career choices post-MBA, without the pressure of loan repayments. This contrast with the full tuition at ISB requires careful consideration of the ROI based on your career aspirations.

Location and Network
  • Location Preference: If your post-MBA goal is to work in India or nearby regions, ISB's location provides geographical advantages and networking opportunities within these markets. Conversely, UNC offers a gateway to the North American job market.
  • Alumni Network: Both schools have strong alumni networks, but their geographic strengths differ. Consider where you want to build your career and which network could offer more support and opportunities in that region.
Curriculum and Specializations
Both institutions offer robust MBA programs, but there might be differences in their curriculum, specializations, and experiential learning opportunities that align more closely with your career ambitions. Research and compare these aspects based on your interests in specific sectors or functions.

Cultural and Personal Considerations
Think about where you want to live for the duration of the program and potentially after. Cultural fit, lifestyle, and personal growth opportunities in each location should also play a role in your decision.

Long-term Career Vision
Consider the long-term trajectory of your career. Where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years, and which school aligns better with that vision? The brand and network of the school, along with the specific opportunities each provides, can significantly impact your career path.

Ultimately, your decision should align with where you see the best fit for your career goals, financial situation, and personal preferences. Both schools offer unique opportunities, and the choice between a significant financial incentive and geographic/career alignment requires a thoughtful assessment of your priorities and future aspirations.­ In case you need help with more such advices or financially backing your studies reach out to GyanDhan here
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GRE 1: Q159 V163

GRE 2: Q165 V164
GPA: 8.03
Send PM
Shankar101 wrote:

I remember getting this in R1, I got waitlisted without an interview after this. I believe they send it out after releasing all invites, but this is only anecdotal
Intern
Intern
Send PM

bridgeric2 wrote:
Shankar101 wrote:

I remember getting this in R1, I got waitlisted without an interview after this. I believe they send it out after releasing all invites, but this is only anecdotal

Ah, I understand. Were you interviewed in the following round?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
Blingg wrote:
Hi, there is no pattern with regard to these mails. I have not received this email either before invite or post interview. The only reliable indicator would be if someone from UNC checks your LinkedIn profile.

Just curious how someone from UNC checking our Linkedin profile is a indicator? And is it positive or negative indicator?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Raserestien wrote:
Just curious how someone from UNC checking our Linkedin profile is a indicator? And is it positive or negative indicator?

I don’t know about others, but me and one of my close friends both got an interview invite from UNC within 5 days after our LinkedIn profiles got checked by someone from UNC.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Blingg wrote:
I don’t know about others, but me and one of my close friends both got an interview invite from UNC within 5 days after our LinkedIn profiles got checked by someone from UNC.

when was your profile viewed and when did you recieve an invite, if you share the details please?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Blingg wrote:
Guys, I just got an email from Kenan-Flagler for Interviewing. Last date to pick interview is Feb 28. If Miss Jessica Gindelsky from UNC views your LinkedIn profile, you are being considered for Interviewing.

Got invite on 12th Jan, viewed somewhere between 9th and 11th Jan.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 11
GRE 1: Q159 V163

GRE 2: Q165 V164
GPA: 8.03
Send PM
Shankar101 wrote:
  Ah, I understand. Were you interviewed in the following round?

Yes, they interview all waitlisted people in the next round
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25  ...  48   
Moderator:
Darden and UNC Moderator
102 posts