Last visit was: 31 Aug 2024, 17:57 It is currently 31 Aug 2024, 17:57
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10304 [2]
Given Kudos: 4559
Test: Test
Send PM
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2836 [0]
Given Kudos: 1511
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: HEC ESSEC LBS
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
Re: Come, Join our Exclusive Masters Chat Group! [#permalink]
I am also looking for the same 😅
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Same here !
Send PM
Hey, Guys.

We can rename this group as 2025 MS intake group.

There are few master’s persuing students on the forum, so it makes more sense to draw all of MS/MIM students here so that you guys can interact.

Changed the name!

Just one more thing, if you need any assistance feel free to drop your query here. We are always here to help you guys.

Good luck with your applications.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Hello everyone!
I’m planning for the 2025 intake for MiM, got 645 Gmat FE, planning HEC, LBS, Insead.
CGPA(undergrad)-7.2 Work ex- 1.5 Years
What is the possibility to get into these colleges in R1 and does someone know about job scenarios and placements of last years batch.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 360 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
trishant_pamnani wrote:
Hello everyone!
I’m planning for the 2025 intake for MiM, got 645 Gmat FE, planning HEC, LBS, Insead.
CGPA(undergrad)-7.2 Work ex- 1.5 Years
What is the possibility to get into these colleges in R1 and does someone know about job scenarios and placements of last years batch.

@­trishant_pamnani - Some more info can help assess your profile better e.g. your undergrad pedigree (Tier-1, Tier-2, etc.), details of work-ex (size of companies, roles/ domains, etc.), and Extracurriculars.

The GMAT score is a bit on the lower side considering the Indian Male applicant pool (going by your name). If you're looking at HEC/ LBS/ INSEAD, a retake can help increase chances. The averages for these MiM programs tend to be around 700-710 (Classic), so aiming for 10-20+ points above this number (in GFE equivalent) would be ideal. 

Regards,
Arvind
Founder, admitStreet | HEC Paris alum and Former Admissions Interviewer
W: https://admitstreet.com | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.comLinkedIn ­| Schedule a free chat
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hello everyone!
I’m planning for the 2025 intake, got 585 Gmat FE, planning for MS Finance - LSE, LBS, and MBA - Imperial, Oxford and Cambridge.
1) Education - CGPA(undergrad)-9.7 from H.R. College of Commerce (Mumbai University) also cleared 2 levels of CFA and I am planning to give 3 level in Feb-25
2) Work ex- Currently, 4 Years and will be 5 years by the time I start my course next year (2 years with Deutsche Bank in middle office and 3 years of experience in boutique front office Investment Banking working on live deals and fund-raises)
What is the possibility to get into these colleges in R1?
I am done with GMAT because my score is not improving so wanted to know, do I have a chance at any of the above colleges?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
admitStreet wrote:
@trishant_pamnani - Some more info can help assess your profile better e.g. your undergrad pedigree (Tier-1, Tier-2, etc.), details of work-ex (size of companies, roles/ domains, etc.), and Extracurriculars.

The GMAT score is a bit on the lower side considering the Indian Male applicant pool (going by your name). If you’re looking at HEC/ LBS/ INSEAD, a retake can help increase chances. The averages for these MiM programs tend to be around 700-710 (Classic), so aiming for 10-20+ points above this number (in GFE equivalent) would be ideal. 

Regards,
Arvind
W: https://admitstreet.com | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.comLinkedIn | Schedule a free chat

Thank you Arvind.

admitStreet wrote:
@trishant_pamnani - Some more info can help assess your profile better e.g. your undergrad pedigree (Tier-1, Tier-2, etc.), details of work-ex (size of companies, roles/ domains, etc.), and Extracurriculars.

The GMAT score is a bit on the lower side considering the Indian Male applicant pool (going by your name). If you’re looking at HEC/ LBS/ INSEAD, a retake can help increase chances. The averages for these MiM programs tend to be around 700-710 (Classic), so aiming for 10-20+ points above this number (in GFE equivalent) would be ideal. 

Regards,
Arvind
W: https://admitstreet.com | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.comLinkedIn | Schedule a free chat

My bachelor’s degree was from IIT Jodhpur and I am working with a Consulting firm right now as a Management Trainee. For the extracurriculars I was the Sports Secretary of the college and also participated in some social causes supported by our college
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Accounting, Other
GPA: 3.2
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Heyyy

I have 3 YoE in Tax compliance, Tier 1 University in India was my grad from. scoring 3.2 GPA. Shall I look for MiM? Please personal ping me as I get lost in these messages.
Send PM
Hey, i believe MBA will be a better option for you with the experience but if you want to do a master’s degree, that’s totally upto you.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10304 [0]
Given Kudos: 4559
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Get Killer Tips for your Application Essays from a Master Storyteller
redirect.php?id=upbxz7n4wo
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Schools: ISB '27
GPA: 7.72
Send PM
Hey everyone, hope you all are doing good, I am planning to apply for MIM for 2025 intake..I am preparing for the GMAT currently and have 2-year career gap...Just wanted to know if I am still eligible for good colleges?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
hey there, just want to say hi, I’m applying to master programs this fall for 2025 intake!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Rahul1601 wrote:
Hello everyone!
I’m planning for the 2025 intake, got 585 Gmat FE, planning for MS Finance - LSE, LBS, and MBA - Imperial, Oxford and Cambridge.
1) Education - CGPA(undergrad)-9.7 from H.R. College of Commerce (Mumbai University) also cleared 2 levels of CFA and I am planning to give 3 level in Feb-25
2) Work ex- Currently, 4 Years and will be 5 years by the time I start my course next year (2 years with Deutsche Bank in middle office and 3 years of experience in boutique front office Investment Banking working on live deals and fund-raises)
What is the possibility to get into these colleges in R1?
I am done with GMAT because my score is not improving so wanted to know, do I have a chance at any of the above colleges?

Hello Rahul! Aanya here- I’m an alumni of London Business School and ex-interviewer.

I would suggest that instead of adding value to your application, the score is pulling it down. Hence, it might be a better idea to apply to universities that do not require a CGPA or provide a waiver for the same.

You can send me your CV on +919971444312 or connect with me on linked in (search Aanya Jain LBS) and we can then get on a call and discuss further!

Do not require a GMAT*

ISHAAN96 wrote:
Hey everyone, hope you all are doing good, I am planning to apply for MIM for 2025 intake..I am preparing for the GMAT currently and have 2-year career gap...Just wanted to know if I am still eligible for good colleges?

Hello Ishaan!

Adcoms hate career gaps. Hence, it’ll be ideal to brainstorm and work on the storyline.

You can reach out to me on +919971444312 to discuss further.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Leadership, Technology
Schools: LBS INSEAD HEC
GPA: 8.45
Send PM
hi
Hi everyone! Can anyone answer how can I juggle filling applications for round 1 with fullt time work experience?My GMAT and gpa are done. Resume is almost done. Foe essays I am thinking to take a leave from work for few days. Can anyone share their insights on this? How are most of you planning to fill the applications with long working hours?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
natasha760 wrote:
Hi everyone! Can anyone answer how can I juggle filling applications for round 1 with fullt time work experience?My GMAT and gpa are done. Resume is almost done. Foe essays I am thinking to take a leave from work for few days. Can anyone share their insights on this? How are most of you planning to fill the applications with long working hours?

Hey Natasha. Best approach would be to first draw up the skeleton of the essays which should cover the broad flow and storyline. Dedicate atleast 1-2 hrs everyday before/after office hours to keep writing each part/paragraph of your narrative. We at Preppie (https://www.preppie.in/) have mentors with extensive experience in personalizing your essays and having a milestone based approach to ensure th essays are completed in a structured and timely manner. Feel free to book a free consultation
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  55   56   57 
Moderator:
3127 posts