Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:30 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [2]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V47
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72891 [2]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare
WE:Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Re: Fuqua $$$ vs YALE SOM $$ [#permalink]
Hey omoh!
Congrats on your admits! BTW I'm also a Yale admit!

I think you have to consider your post-MBA goals and location. I have to admit I do not know Fuqua's employment report so take my words with caution.

Post-MBA goals
You didn't mention your post MBA-goals. Is it consulting? Technology? Checking the employment reports might give you a better idea of the possibilities of each school in the industry you want to work in.

If you want to stay in the Northeast, Yale will be your best option. I suppose Duke will be better for recruiting and working in other regions like Texas, Georgia (Atlanta), and the Research Triangle. If you want to go back to your home country, I would consider the reputation, and in this regard Yale has a clear advantage.

If you are pretty agnostic about where you want to end location-wise in the US, I would go to Duke given the full ride offer.

Hope this helps.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi, thanks for responding.

My post-MBA goal is social impact consulting but I'm open to general consulting too.

I'm pretty agnostic regarding US locations. I agree that Yale is more prestigious. None of my friends/family know Duke, but they all know Yale and would celebrate my matriculation at Yale.

I've chosen Duke cos of the extra funding and status as a CASE scholar. I believe CASE will help in getting into Social Impact.

PharmaMBA wrote:
Hey omoh!
Congrats on your admits! BTW I'm also a Yale admit!

I think you have to consider your post-MBA goals and location. I have to admit I do not know Fuqua's employment report so take my words with caution.

Post-MBA goals
You didn't mention your post MBA-goals. Is it consulting? Technology? Checking the employment reports might give you a better idea of the possibilities of each school in the industry you want to work in.

If you want to stay in the Northeast, Yale will be your best option. I suppose Duke will be better for recruiting and working in other regions like Texas, Georgia (Atlanta), and the Research Triangle. If you want to go back to your home country, I would consider the reputation, and in this regard Yale has a clear advantage.

If you are pretty agnostic about where you want to end location-wise in the US, I would go to Duke given the full ride offer.

Hope this helps.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts