GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Aug 2018, 06:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Gyanone Review

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GPA: 3.61
WE: Business Development (Real Estate)
Gyanone Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2014, 09:41
I would like to provide feedback about GyanOne admission consultants. I had taken GyanOne’s service for preparing my applications to Schulich and Sauder business schools in Canada. What I liked about them is the personalized attention they provide, with several rounds of review on each and every aspect of the MBA application. They make sure that the application is in the best possible shape, even when you are not able to spare time on your essays with work commitments, by providing you with timely help, reminders and revisions. Although I have still not decided on which school would I be selecting finally, I really want to thank them for making this possible. Would not have been possible without their knowledge of the admission and interview process, detailed feedbacks, expertise, professionalism and commitment. Thanks a lot guys!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tepper '16
Re: Gyanone Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2014, 06:58
I would like to provide feedback about GyanOne consultant.

I should give a little about my background first. I belong to one of the most over represented applicant pool in the B-school admission process- Indian IT Male. Getting admission in top B-school is therefore difficult even with the decent GMAT score (700+). Additionally, at the time of applying to colleges I was very confused about the career goals and was not sure how I can use my current experience with my future goals.

For this it was important for me to hire a consultant and understand the process well. As part of my research I have talked with almost 7-8 consultants from India and US. Having talked with so many highly qualified consultants, I found Gyanone the best for its comprehensive review on my profile before even joining it and also for its very economical packages.

For an IT engineer questions like, 'ethical dellimma faced at work' ,'career goals'and others are very challenging for the nature of our work. Also, it was very important to show the uniqueness in each answer to differentiate my profile with the huge lot. However, after lot of brains storming with GyanOne, I was able to make my profile unique with very clear set of career goals.

By the time I completed my applications, I was very confident that I would receive an interview call and as expected I received calls from 8 of the 11 colleges I applied to. At the end, I was able to convert one of the top 20 B-schools in US. For an Indian IT Engineer, with 3.5 yrs experience and an avg EC, I would say it was my application essays and brain storming with GyanOne consultant that made the difference.

I can say that one thing that differentiates GyanOne from any other consulting services is the amount of efforts they put in every application. Rohit with whom I worked on 5 of my application made sure that the application was specific to every college I applied to. It would not have been possible without their knowledge of application and interview process and expertise. Thanks a lot!!
Intern
Intern
Gyanone Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2018, 21:48
My Story: MBA In Canada- Admit 2018

I signed up for GyanOne's services in November 2017. With 3.5 years of work experience in finance and advertising, and an average GMAT score of 610, I knew I would need the best help to crack the application process, and this is where GyanOne came to the rescue!

With Rishabh and Swati Maam's help, I got personalized feedback on the colleges I chose to apply to. Their research was extremely thorough. Rishabh does a deep-dive into the program offerings of every college and tries to connect your experience and aspirations with the college's offerings. He makes it a point to showcase your value additions to any program as well as clearly outline how a program can benefit you. Since I intend on specializing in marketing, he also gave his own recommendations on the programs that would be best suited for me.

Swati and Rishabh helped with multiple rounds of my application review. In terms of constantly sending and re-sending multiple drafts of my SOP and resume, I was able to get a precise application ready. Since I was applying with my sister to all the programs, we both stood in direct competition with each other. Swati and Rishabh took extra measures to ensure that each and every document of ours was extremely different. Since my sister and I have extremely similar profiles- from our work experience to even our GMAT scores, it was necessary to put across different stories for the two of us. And Swati and Rishabh took all the steps to make us sound and look like different candidates. This kind of attention requires time, patience and constant back and forths, which GyanOne perfectly executed. I would shoot multiple drafts of documents and e-mails to them on a daily basis and they were more than willing to help with each and every query.

Once interview calls came, Swati Ma'am helped me by giving a grueling mock interview session. In each session conducted, she would coach me on how to present myself and how to address questions intelligently. Her questions were so multi-pronged and sometimes they knocked the wind out of me! But as she did mention, she prepared me for the worst. She would ask behavioural as well as general MBA questions about my past work experience and my future goals, and her cross-questions required you to be clear and logical. She would also encourage me to connect my story with daily happenings or current affairs to provide more contexts to my answers. And the actual interview seemed like a cake walk to me. At the end of my interview, I remember thinking how simple it actually was and that ended up worrying me a little bit :)

Through GyanOne's help, not only did both my sister and I get into our program of choice, but we were also awarded scholarships for the same!

GyanOne has been a lifesaver in my college apps and taking their help definitely proved to be a success for me.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2018, 10:08
620 on the GMAT and admits to 4 programs with scholarship- My success story with GyanOne!!

This testimonial is long due and well- deserved. I reached out to GyanOne in July 2016 for their AppOne process. I was planning on applying to a few of the top MBA programs in India. Though I was extremely late in starting my applications, GyanOne still agreed to help me out even with only two weeks left in the application cycle. However, I could not go through with my graduate studies in 2016 and postponed my application to the following year. In October 2017 I once again reached out to them for help with my applications and thus began my journey with GyanOne.

One of the things that instantly struck me about their functioning was the individual attention that the team gives you. Even though I reached out a year later, Swati Ma’am remembered the exact details of my candidature. And that kind of interest itself made me sign up for their 2- school package. I used their help to apply to the Fall 2018 MBA programs at the DeGroote School of Business and the John Molson School of Business. I was assigned to Rishabh Sir for the entire process. Having Rishabh Sir as my counsellor was an absolute blessing. In our brainstorming calls I was blown away by the knowledge he had about the Canadian MBA programs and the insights he had about the schools I was applying to. The thorough research he does about your programs helps you craft a well- connected story in terms of how your strengths and profile matches what the program has to offer. He really helps highlight those individual qualities of yours that the school would expect from you as a graduate student.

Another key strength of theirs is their turnaround time. I was impressed by how responsive they were to each of the drafts of my resume and SOP. Besides that, they would patiently respond to the additional queries I had regarding the program in a timely manner. Their quick feedback on every document made sure that I worked on my applications throughout the Christmas holidays :-)

After submitting my applications and once the interview calls came rolling in, I knew that the next logical step would be to sign up for their interview preparation services. Practicing for the interviews via Skype really helped me get used to the interface for the real interview. Moreover, the interview preps that Swati Ma’am and Rishabh Sir put you through are so detailed and rigorous that the actual interview will be a breeze compared to the practice sessions- which proved to be true in my case! They coach you on what the adcomms are looking for from your application, how to present yourself, how to structure your responses, and provide tips and sources to read up on to prepare for the final interview.

However, one of the main reasons I wholeheartedly support their services is due to the circumstances that surrounded my application. Since I was applying with my sister, I was in a fix as my sister and I are extremely similar applicants- from our work experience to our GPA’s to our extra- curricular activities to our sectional scores on the GMAT! A few of the programs even reached out and asked us if the same candidate submitted two applications! :-D Therefore, we were worried that our similarities would affect the diversity factor that an MBA program looks for in their applicants. Thankfully, the strategy adopted by GyanOne in navigating this situation proved useful. Though it took some convincing, we eventually followed their advice of applying on different timelines to each program in order to help the adcomms evaluate each of our applications individually and maximize the chances of both of us securing an admit.

I ended the entire application season by being admitted to 2 more programs in addition to the DeGroote and JMSB MBA’s. And I could not be happier of my journey with them.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.33

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2018, 10:14
Convert with a GMAT 660 score in the 6th Round.

I reached out to Gyanone in April 2018 for consulting about prospective colleges with respect to my profile and since it was already very late in the admission year I couldn't comprehend where to go. But after suggestion through my friend, I came across Gyanone. I reached out to them and the response was very good.

After going through my profile and extensive research they suggested me to go for MBS, this was my preferred choice also. From the starting point itself, I knew I made the right choice. My consultant, Rishab, was very efficient in the way he handled my queries and guided me to the right path. Rishab was extremely cooperative and with the time constraint I had he acted very quickly and replied to my queries in a timely manner. The work was mine, but the advice I received in proceeding in the right direction was invaluable.

I also loved the fact that GyanOne communicated clearly and in a timely way always. Communication with the consultant was excellent. These guys are deep experts and I recommend them highly without hesitation. In terms of pricing, communication, expertise, and guidance, these guys are excellent, and this is my first-hand opinion. I would highly recommend anyone who is interested in applying for a good college to go to Gyanone because with the pricing and the service they provided it cannot be matched by any other consultant in India.
Re: Gyanone Review &nbs [#permalink] 24 May 2018, 10:14

Gyanone Review

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap