Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:22 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Schools: HEC LSE MFin "22
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 396 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.15
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: HELP I’m not good with study schedules [#permalink]
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
HELP I’m not good with study schedules [#permalink]
Expert Reply
zachdunphy26 wrote:
Hi Everyone:

My GMAT exam is a little over 60 days from now (I’m about a week into studying). I took the GMAT initially out of college using Kaplan two years ago, but I didn’t do well because my biggest struggle is setting a study plan, and knowing which days to study which topic. I decided to give the GMAT another shot, and I decided to go with the Manhattan guide (their three books and bought the Foundations of Math book and the newest OG book). My question is, should I follow the “Atlas” weekly guide? and on the side do some OG questions and questions on Manhattans phone app when I have time during the day?

I’m not a good test taker, in fact I scored below a 500 on my practice exam. I want to shoot for over 700 and will do anything to get there, but like I said my biggest hurdle is getting a solid study plan down. To sum it up, if I follow Atlas, will that be enough? How many hours a day do I commit and do I take a day off? I have a very demanding day job so will have to allocate time accordingly.

Thank you!

Posted from my mobile device

Hi zachdunphy26,

I understand that making a study plan and organizing concepts can be quite challenging. And at the same time, it is important to have a proper study plan with clear deadlines so that you can keep yourself motivated right till the end. Having said that, as you are a working professional, a generic study plan would not suffice because your requirements do not match with those of anyone. For example, a person who can dedicate 5 hours a day cannot have the same study plan as a person who can dedicate only 3 hours a day. So, it is important to make a study plan which is suitable for you.

This is when the personalized study plan comes into picture. A personalized study plan is something which takes into account the number of hours a person can dedicate in a week and the approximate deadlines and then creates weekly tasks based on that. For example, a person who can dedicate 20 hours a week and plans to appear for the test in 3 months has to have different weekly tasks compared to a person who can dedicate 40 hours a week and plans to appear in 45 days. This will help students stay motivated right till the end because they have weekly deadlines to meet. Students can focus on just finishing the tasks scheduled for the day and take care of their office work.

I know you must be confused right now as to how to create a personalized study plan. Do not worry. You can get your personalized study plan for free by signing up for the free trial of GMATWhiz. As soon as you create an account, the dashboard asks you the number of hours you can dedicate in a week and then creates a study plan for you by organizing the concepts and creating weekly deadlines. This way you can concentrate on your prep without worrying about the study plan.

Hope it helped! If you wish to know more about the study strategy, you can schedule a free consultation call using the below link.

Click here to schedule a call
GMAT Club Bot
HELP I’m not good with study schedules [#permalink]