GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Oct 2019, 09:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
SVP
SVP
P
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2019, 03:29
Top Contributor
pradeep15793 wrote:
Hi gyanone
I want to know the chances of me getting accepted to B school programs in India.

Nationality - Indian
Age -26
GMAT Score - 680 (Q49,V33,IR8)
Education - 4 year Bachelors in Mechanical engineering (8.24/10) from NIT Nagpur (one of top tier institutes, after IITs in India)
Class XII - 96%
Class X - 93 %
Work Experience:
Assistant Engineering Manager at L&T Construction (one of Fortune 500 companies), in Design department (July 2014-Now)
Responsibilities:
Apart from technical work (mechanical design), I coordinate with multiple vendors and client simultaneously to ensure completion of project within schedule. I work in core business of design and construction (especially, bulk material handling plants in power plants and mines). I design basic components and provide optimized solutions. I coordinate with site and Business Unit teams till execution of project.
I want to do MBA at this juncture of my career so that I can take step towards Business execution and Strategic planning roles from my current design role. I am currently looking for 1 year program in schools in India.
Is my profile good enough for a chance in any program? If yes, then is my GMAT score sufficient or should I retake it? What options do I have regarding schools?

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Pradeep

Thanks for posting and welcome to the GyanOne thread. Here is our advice:
- Your acads and background are quite good and suitable for the ISB PGP and IIM experienced MBA programs
- A design background is a bit unconventional for a post-MBA career. You need to define your post-MBA goals and make a case carefully. We have worked with design professionals from organizations such as Fluor in the past and this is one aspect they worked on carefully to excel at MBA admissions.
- Business execution and Strategic planning is not a fully defined goal - you need to be able to scope it out a bit further. If you mean general management, then you might want to go a bit deeper in expressing your objectives.
- While a 680 GMAT is not insufficient, if you can, raise it. Although people have made it with such scores in the past, you should try to push it a bit higher, especially for IIMB and IIMA.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2019, 03:57
GyanOne wrote:
pradeep15793 wrote:
Hi gyanone
I want to know the chances of me getting accepted to B school programs in India.

Nationality - Indian
Age -26
Education - 4 year Bachelors in Mechanical engineering (8.24/10) from NIT Nagpur (one of top tier institutes, after IITs in India)
Class XII - 96%
Class X - 93 %
Work Experience:
Assistant Engineering Manager at L&T Construction (one of Fortune 500 companies), in Design department (July 2014-Now)
Responsibilities:
Apart from technical work (mechanical design), I coordinate with multiple vendors and client simultaneously to ensure completion of project within schedule. I work in core business of design and construction (especially, bulk material handling plants in power plants and mines). I design basic components and provide optimized solutions. I coordinate with site and Business Unit teams till execution of project.
I want to do MBA at this juncture of my career so that I can take step towards Business execution and Strategic planning roles from my current design role. I am currently looking for 1 year program in schools in India.
Is my profile good enough for a chance in any program? If yes, then is my GMAT score sufficient or should I retake it? What options do I have regarding schools?

Hi Pradeep

- Your acads and background are quite good and suitable for the ISB PGP and IIM experienced MBA programs
- A design background is a bit unconventional for a post-MBA career. You need to define your post-MBA goals and make a case carefully. We have worked with design professionals from organizations such as Fluor in the past and this is one aspect they worked on carefully to excel at MBA admissions.
- Business execution and Strategic planning is not a fully defined goal - you need to be able to scope it out a bit further. If you mean general management, then you might want to go a bit deeper in expressing your objectives.
- While a 680 GMAT is not insufficient, if you can, raise it. Although people have made it with such scores in the past, you should try to push it a bit higher, especially for IIMB and IIMA.

Thanks for your reply. yeah, I am planning to retake GMAT and score at least 720. Regarding post MBA goals, I am not sure / specific as of now...I want to change the field from design, and I am still trying to figure out for field which would suit me and put me in good stead considering my design background. Any advice regarding the same will be much helpful.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '20, IIMA PGPX"20

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2019, 07:56
Hi GyanOne Team Experts

Please take a look at my profile and advise what are the chances of me getting into ISB.

10th - 77%
12th - 69%
B.Sc (Comp Sc) - Delhi University - 72%
M.Sc (Comp Sc) - Jamia Hamdard - 83%
M.Tech (Comp Sc) - Banasthali Vidyapeeth - 75%
GMAT - to appear in July 2019

Working with IBM India as Senior System Engineer for almost 8 years. Worked on Production Support environment for world's 3 major banks, having good interpersonal skills, highly appreciated by Clients and Manager. I also took up the responsibility as a Team Lead for past 4 years, managed and handled a team of 6 resources at off-shore. My role also includes constant interaction with clients and sometimes with customers as well.
Also, participated in management activities. Ramp-up entire offshore team for one major account.
SPOC for managing cabs for off-shore resources working in shifts.

Awards - Orion Award for Service Excellence
Manager's Choice Award - for 3 times
IBM Innovation and delivery Excellence Award

Extra curricular Activities :
Participated at IBM events.
Helped poors for arranging old clothes (Not in association with any NGO).
I also offered tuition classes to underprivileged kids of up to class 10th without any fee. (Please tell if this can be added as an ECA?)
Hobbies : Cooking and travelling

My reason for doing MBA is to enter into Product Management as my profile is somewhat inclined towards it. With an MBA it will be easier to move into such roles. I have keen interest into finance domain. Also, suggest better career options post MBA.

Please advise if I have any chances of getting into ISB if I manage to score well in GMAT.
SVP
SVP
P

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2019, 02:01
Top Contributor
NamGup wrote:
Hi GyanOne Team Experts

Please take a look at my profile and advise what are the chances of me getting into ISB.

10th - 77%
12th - 69%
B.Sc (Comp Sc) - Delhi University - 72%
M.Sc (Comp Sc) - Jamia Hamdard - 83%
M.Tech (Comp Sc) - Banasthali Vidyapeeth - 75%
GMAT - to appear in July 2019

Working with IBM India as Senior System Engineer for almost 8 years. Worked on Production Support environment for world's 3 major banks, having good interpersonal skills, highly appreciated by Clients and Manager. I also took up the responsibility as a Team Lead for past 4 years, managed and handled a team of 6 resources at off-shore. My role also includes constant interaction with clients and sometimes with customers as well.
Also, participated in management activities. Ramp-up entire offshore team for one major account.
SPOC for managing cabs for off-shore resources working in shifts.

Awards - Orion Award for Service Excellence
Manager's Choice Award - for 3 times
IBM Innovation and delivery Excellence Award

Extra curricular Activities :
Participated at IBM events.
Helped poors for arranging old clothes (Not in association with any NGO).
I also offered tuition classes to underprivileged kids of up to class 10th without any fee. (Please tell if this can be added as an ECA?)
Hobbies : Cooking and travelling

My reason for doing MBA is to enter into Product Management as my profile is somewhat inclined towards it. With an MBA it will be easier to move into such roles. I have keen interest into finance domain. Also, suggest better career options post MBA.

Please advise if I have any chances of getting into ISB if I manage to score well in GMAT.

Hi NamGup

- Overall, you are working for a top brand, in a business relevant domain (banking tech), and have Master's education. Your academic performance is decent as well, and you have won some awards at work. These are all good positives going for you.
- On the other side, you come from an over-represented pool (IT), your ECA are weak (from the ISB perspective), and most of your ECA/social activities are more on a personal basis (they still count, but ISB may not consider them heavyweight stuff). You will have to overcome these factors through a strong application, and should schedule enough time to work on it in advance of the R1 deadline for 2019.
- You also have over 8 years of experience, and are on the edge of the level that ISB starts to look at as a lot of experience. This does not mean you can't get in, but just 4% of ISB's class this year had 8+ years of experience. It is possible to compensate for these factors through strong ECA, differentiated work-ex, and a high GMAT. As the former two factors cannot be influenced in the short term, you should focus on a high GMAT score - in your case, a 700+ (of course, the higher than that the better).
- Your career goals seem to be in sync broadly.
- In sum, try and use this time to work hard on the GMAT, so you are done with it by the June-July timeframe, and have time to focus on your app.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
SVP
SVP
P

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2019, 02:03
Top Contributor
pradeep15793 wrote:
GyanOne wrote:
pradeep15793 wrote:
Hi gyanone

Nationality - Indian
Age -26
Class XII - 96%
Class X - 93 %
Work Experience:
Responsibilities:

Hi Pradeep

Thanks for your reply. yeah, I am planning to retake GMAT and score at least 720. Regarding post MBA goals, I am not sure / specific as of now...I want to change the field from design, and I am still trying to figure out for field which would suit me and put me in good stead considering my design background. Any advice regarding the same will be much helpful.

No problem Pradeep. A career goals discussion is always a long one, and involves multiple factors. Also, pursue the MBA to achieve your goals - not the other way round. As of now, please focus on the GMAT, and once you are done, get in touch with us directly (referencing this thread) as we will require much more information to discuss on that aspect at that point. If any other queries, or anything here still not clear, feel free to come back on this thread any time.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
SVP
SVP
P

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2019, 01:39
Top Contributor
ISB has announced the deadlines for applications to its flagship PGP program for 2019-20.

Round 1 deadline: 15 Sep 2019
Application fee for regular/EEO applicants: INR 5,000
Application fee for reapplicants: INR 2,500

Round 2 deadline: 1 Dec 2019
Application fee for regular/EEO applicants: INR 7,500
Application fee for reapplicants: INR 2,500

Round 3 deadline: 1 Jan 2020
Application fee for regular/EEO applicants: INR 10,000
Application fee for reapplicants: INR 5,000

Notes on key changes:
- Applying in a later round now attracts a higher application fee for first-time applicants (and reapplicants as well in R3)
- ISB has stuck to its pattern of having three deadlines from last year. While these deadlines were announced mid-way last year, they are there upfront this year.
- While ISB maintains that the chances of admission are the same across rounds (this was clearly not the case last year, when a new R3 was announced in a hurry), full tuition waivers are only available to applicants putting in their applications in R1. 50% of all merit and need-based waivers too are available only in R1.

The essay topics are yet to be announced, but are expected shortly.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2019, 19:26
Hi ,

I gave my GMAT last week and scored a 640(Q44,V34,IR 5,AWA 4). I have a work experience of 11 years in India in IT companies - Mahindra and Capgemini . I am primarily interested in MBA from India (IIMs / ISB/XLRI/S P Jain) . I am not sure of my chances with this score and would really appreciate if you could give me your insights.

10th CBSE -94%
12th CBSE -83%
Engineering from MIT,Manipal- 3.2/4

Have worked in the telecom and banking domain and also worked in a government sector project for Delhi Police
SVP
SVP
P

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2019, 22:03
Top Contributor
swarniverma wrote:
Hi ,

I gave my GMAT last week and scored a 640(Q44,V34,IR 5,AWA 4). I have a work experience of 11 years in India in IT companies - Mahindra and Capgemini . I am primarily interested in MBA from India (IIMs / ISB/XLRI/S P Jain) . I am not sure of my chances with this score and would really appreciate if you could give me your insights.

10th CBSE -94%
12th CBSE -83%
Engineering from MIT,Manipal- 3.2/4

Have worked in the telecom and banking domain and also worked in a government sector project for Delhi Police

Hi swarniverma

- Your GMAT at 640 will be too low for the IIMs and ISB. In addition, you have 11+ years of experience, which is on the higher side for ISB. You can still look at IIMA/B/C, but after you increase your GMAT score by at least 40 points. This score increase is also important as your undergrad GPA is about average.
- IIM L/IIM I/XLRI GMP/SP Jain PGPM are options for you at this score.
- The nature of your work ex is fine. No worries there. With a decent application you can leverage it well.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2019, 22:17
Hi Gyanone,

My name is Aditya. Kindly evaluate my profile. I will be looking to apply for the first rounds of ISB and a few other B-Schools.

B.Tech - IIT Gandhinagar (7.95/10)
XII - 79.17 (top 1%ile in Maharashtra Board)
X - CGPA 10/10

I have yet to appear for the GMAT, and am planning to give it mid-August. Targeting a score of atleast 730+.

Work Ex. - 24 months as of now

Product Manager for an internal Telecom Analytics Platform developed in house at Jio. Developed several spatial analytics features, managing cross-functional (design, Dev, QA, release) and interacting with network and business teams, gathering requirements and managing the end-to-end process, from ideation to delivery to training. Also possess experience of interacting with CXOs and Leadership teams at Jio.

Achievements (Work)

Fast-track promotion to Deputy Manager
Top Rating for two consecutive years, awarded to the top 5%ile of employees in the department.
Tangible achievements include developing solutions to plan the deployment of heterogeneous network solutions, resulting in a total CapEx saving of X INR.
Applied for 3 patents in the field of spatial analytics in the telecom domain.

B.Tech - IIT Gandhinagar - 7.95/10

Was a co-founder and director of a startup, a content marketplace, incubated on campus. Handled multiple responsibilities, as part of the founding team, including product, operations, editorial and writer onboarding.

Headed content writing internships for college students pan-india, mentoring around 100 students over three editions.

Extra-curriculars include being part of the Football Team at IIT Gandhinagar for four years, a black belt in Martial Arts.

Co-curriculars include clearing the Regional Mathematics Olympiad (RMO) from Maharashtra State.

Short Term Goals -
Consulting Roles in Strategy Or Technology. I'm attracted to the grind and exposure offered by a top consulting role, the connections built and soft-skills gained.

Long term goals -
Leverage my consulting and past product management experience to build agile high-performance guerrilla product teams within large organizations or early stage funded startups looking to disrupt.

SVP
SVP
P
ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2019, 05:03
Top Contributor
adityaganesh24 wrote:
Hi Gyanone,

My name is Aditya. Kindly evaluate my profile. I will be looking to apply for the first rounds of ISB and a few other B-Schools.

B.Tech - IIT Gandhinagar (7.95/10)
XII - 79.17 (top 1%ile in Maharashtra Board)
X - CGPA 10/10

I have yet to appear for the GMAT, and am planning to give it mid-August. Targeting a score of atleast 730+.

Work Ex. - 24 months as of now

Product Manager for an internal Telecom Analytics Platform developed in house at Jio. Developed several spatial analytics features, managing cross-functional (design, Dev, QA, release) and interacting with network and business teams, gathering requirements and managing the end-to-end process, from ideation to delivery to training. Also possess experience of interacting with CXOs and Leadership teams at Jio.

Achievements (Work)

Fast-track promotion to Deputy Manager
Top Rating for two consecutive years, awarded to the top 5%ile of employees in the department.
Tangible achievements include developing solutions to plan the deployment of heterogeneous network solutions, resulting in a total CapEx saving of X INR.
Applied for 3 patents in the field of spatial analytics in the telecom domain.

B.Tech - IIT Gandhinagar - 7.95/10

Was a co-founder and director of a startup, a content marketplace, incubated on campus. Handled multiple responsibilities, as part of the founding team, including product, operations, editorial and writer onboarding.

Headed content writing internships for college students pan-india, mentoring around 100 students over three editions.

Extra-curriculars include being part of the Football Team at IIT Gandhinagar for four years, a black belt in Martial Arts.

Co-curriculars include clearing the Regional Mathematics Olympiad (RMO) from Maharashtra State.

Short Term Goals -
Consulting Roles in Strategy Or Technology. I'm attracted to the grind and exposure offered by a top consulting role, the connections built and soft-skills gained.

Long term goals -
Leverage my consulting and past product management experience to build agile high-performance guerrilla product teams within large organizations or early stage funded startups looking to disrupt.

Hi adityaganesh24

Thanks for posting. Here is our assessment:
- Your academics, work (analytics is always well regarded), ECA, and core work have all been quite impressive and with known brands. The IIT tag helps as well, though it is not quite the same as the older IITs (but still will be very helpful). If you can achieve a 730+ (or even a 700+), you should be well positioned for ISB.
- The issue here is in your goals. While your short term goal is feasible, the long-term is not in sync with the short-term one. Understood, you want to use analytics and tech to help early-stage startups. This is more of a product role and not a good sync with consulting. Can easily be tweaked a bit to make it more responsive.
- Would also suggest that unless you expand your school set to consider other schools apart from ISB too, as your profile is good.
- As of now, the immediate target is the GMAT. ISB has announced its deadlines already, so make you take the GMAT in the next couple of months.
- Also go through this series of articles as they will help you, though we understand you are a telecom/analytics professional and not a typical IT applicant.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2019, 02:33
Hello Gyanone,

It would be great if someone can help in evaluating my profile and suggest what GMAT score should I aim for and chances for me in R1 for ISB.

Male 27

Academics:-
10th : 85%
12th: 90%
BTech - Mechanical Engg - 9.0/10 CGPA - Tier1 College

Work Ex :-
Total Exp : 5 Yrs
Industry : Automotive - Passenger Cars
Company : European Giant
Role : Product Development for Passenger vehicles
Involved in PD for Multiple Project in Germany, Italy, Russia, China, South Korea
Also worked for 4 Indian Vehicles
predominantly Engineering Activity with Managing Projects, Training Juniors and Lead a small Team of 4

Post MBA Goals :- Consulting

What should be my safe score for GMAT and What are the chances of getting through ISB for Round 1 this year (2020 Intake)?

Thanks.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2019, 03:45
Hi Team GyanOne,

Can you please evaluate my profile and help me with some points to strengthen my candidature

Male, 27 yrs

Education:12th Standard:93.4%
BE Chemical:CGPA 7.8: Tier 1 College

WorkEx: Senior Developer at Oracle
Total Experience 4 yrs

GMAT Score:740(Quant.50:Verbal.40:IR.8:AWA5)

Achievement at work: Have won Hackathon, Youngest Certified Scrum Master in the team, Have lead multiple Projects and head a team of 4 developers.

Extra Curriculars: Badminton state level player in School time,Head of Techincal Fest in College , Have volunteered with Teach for India for 1 year. Have helped a few Non Profits developing their websites.
SVP
SVP
P

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2019, 02:14
Top Contributor
PG11 wrote:
Hi Team GyanOne,

Can you please evaluate my profile and help me with some points to strengthen my candidature

Male, 27 yrs

Education:12th Standard:93.4%
BE Chemical:CGPA 7.8: Tier 1 College

WorkEx: Senior Developer at Oracle
Total Experience 4 yrs

GMAT Score:740(Quant.50:Verbal.40:IR.8:AWA5)

Achievement at work: Have won Hackathon, Youngest Certified Scrum Master in the team, Have lead multiple Projects and head a team of 4 developers.

Extra Curriculars: Badminton state level player in School time,Head of Techincal Fest in College , Have volunteered with Teach for India for 1 year. Have helped a few Non Profits developing their websites.

Hi PG11

Thanks for posting. Happy to help. Here is our assessment:
- Your academics, ECA, and GMAT are all pretty solid - no problems there.
- The key challenge for you will be differentiating yourself in a very competitive IT applicant pool. As you know, IT applicants is the biggest category of applicants for ISB (and most other B-schools too). This becomes even more important this year, because in this year's essays ISB is asking for mid and long-term goals and the impact you want to make in that timeframe as well. Please provide more details on your work experience (the domain you work on, any onsite experience, team leadership etc)
- Also go through this series of articles as they will help you.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
SVP
SVP
P

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2019, 02:17
Top Contributor
niffler wrote:
Hello Gyanone,

It would be great if someone can help in evaluating my profile and suggest what GMAT score should I aim for and chances for me in R1 for ISB.

Male 27

10th : 85%
12th: 90%
BTech - Mechanical Engg - 9.0/10 CGPA - Tier1 College

Total Exp : 5 Yrs
Industry : Automotive - Passenger Cars
Company : European Giant
Role : Product Development for Passenger vehicles
Involved in PD for Multiple Project in Germany, Italy, Russia, China, South Korea
Also worked for 4 Indian Vehicles
predominantly Engineering Activity with Managing Projects, Training Juniors and Lead a small Team of 4

Post MBA Goals :- Consulting

What should be my safe score for GMAT and What are the chances of getting through ISB for Round 1 this year (2020 Intake)?

Thanks.

Hi niffler

Thanks for posting and welcome to the GyanOne thread. Request you to please also report your GMAT score (tentative, if not taken)

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2019, 02:49
Hi Gyanone,

Thanks for the reply.
I am targeting around 720 in GMAT.
Kindly evaluate my profile.

SVP
SVP
P

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2019, 06:48
Top Contributor
niffler wrote:
Hi Gyanone,

Thanks for the reply.
I am targeting around 720 in GMAT.
Kindly evaluate my profile.

Hi niffler

Thanks for the update. Here is our assessment:
- Your overall professional experience is excellent, and your academics are solid too. Someone like you would be in contention even with a 680 GMAT, though you should of course aim higher.
- You should certainly be looking at ISB R1 this year. Plan to get the GMAT done latest by mid-August (earlier if possible, to have more time for the app).
- ECA is something you have not mentioned here, but assuming that is fine as well. ISB is looking for diversity even in this year's essays (though they have not mentioned the word explicitly) and ECA will help there.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2019, 09:04
Hi, I work with Oracle India, I work on their Marketing Cloud Solution, I have helped Migrate Oracles' CRM Business to cloud and have lead a few important projects in the same domain. I am a certified scrum master and run my own scrum team of 5 developers and each of them has more experience in the field than I have. I had done my internship in Digital marketing Domain with Tesco where I was running a couple of accounts for them in the capacity of Digital marketing manager.
I don't have any onsite experience but have counterparts in NA and Canada with whom I work closely.
SVP
SVP
P

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2019, 21:56
Top Contributor
PG11 wrote:
Hi, I work with Oracle India, I work on their Marketing Cloud Solution, I have helped Migrate Oracles' CRM Business to cloud and have lead a few important projects in the same domain. I am a certified scrum master and run my own scrum team of 5 developers and each of them has more experience in the field than I have. I had done my internship in Digital marketing Domain with Tesco where I was running a couple of accounts for them in the capacity of Digital marketing manager.
I don't have any onsite experience but have counterparts in NA and Canada with whom I work closely.

Hi PG11

- Your work experience is actually excellent, and you have the opportunity to really show some good work in the app, through the Marketing Cloud. What you are working on seems very similar to Salesforce's core product.
- More than Scrum, what will matter is leadership experience and expertise. Leading developers with more experience may not matter too much (is common).
- The Digital Marketing internship helps as well, by expertise, though ISB will not consider it as part of experience.
- On working with global colleagues, again, in today's world, most people do that, so not a differentiator.
- Apart from ISB, also look at IIMs (A/B/C) and NUS/NTU. They are all good options.

At this point, would advise you to put in a lot of good effort on your apps. For IT applicants, things are always a bit tricky. With good effort, you can make it. In case looking for professional help, don't hesitate to reach out.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
B
ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2019, 02:16
Hi Gyanone,

I graduated from NIT Nagpur in 2017 and have a work experience of almost 24 months with a leading analytics firm as a consultant.

Profile is as follows-
X-94.5%
XII-85%
B.TECH-7.4 CGPA

Extra curriculars-

1. Won Tata crucible campus Quiz Nagpur region round in 2017
2. Was part of core committee of college's Cult Fest organising team
3. Was Departmental Representative for Academic Year 2017-2018
4. was promoted from Consultant to senior consultant with 18 months(The shortest possible time)

I am planning to give GMAT by mid-August of this year. What are the areas in my profile that I should strengthen and what should be the target GMAT score for ISB and SP Jain?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2019, 06:03
Hello Gyanone,

It would be great if someone can help in evaluating my profile and suggest what GMAT score should I aim for and chances for me in R1 for ISB also i have attempted GMAT before and will provide my score as well:

Male 26

10th : 78%
12th: 75% (Science with Computers)
Business Economics From Delhi University First Division

Total Exp : 6 years and 1 month as of 29th July 2019
2 years in a consulting firm working in Data Analyst
4 Years in an asset management/investment company as Data Analyst with one promotion and 2 years of team handling role.

18 months of Volunteering as well with Certificate

GMAT Score: 640

Post MBA Goals :- Consulting/Banking/Portfolio Management

What should be my safe score for GMAT and What are the chances of getting through ISB for Round 1 this year (2020 Intake) or should i apply with this score only.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!!   [#permalink] 29 Jun 2019, 06:03

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16    Next  [ 319 posts ] 

ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: warriorguy, LeoN88