GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jul 2018, 12:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Last year, a proactive initiative by the state government to publish t

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

SVP
SVP
P
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Last year, a proactive initiative by the state government to publish t [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2018, 21:01
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

95% (hard)

Question Stats:

15% (01:33) correct 85% (01:56) wrong based on 110 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Last year, a proactive initiative by the state government to publish the answer sheets, backfired when students discovered discrepancies in the way the questions had been marked. They found that in one paper, a student who hadn't attempted all the questions, still got cent per cent score and in a few others the tally of marks didn't add up. Following this embarrassment, the state government decided against publishing a similar booklet this year. Some students and teachers are of the view that the booklet should be published.

Which of the following is the best reason for publishing the booklet?

(A) Students of the succeeding batches can learn how top scorers attempt
(B) Students of the succeeding batches can learn how the question papers are evaluated
(C) Students of the succeeding batches can observe the way in which the answers are presented.
(D) Students of the succeeding batches can get motivated to take more interest in the way they attempt the question paper
(E) It can act as a sample question-answer bank for students.

source: testpreppractice.net
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
G
Last year, a proactive initiative by the state government to publish t [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2018, 15:27
chesstitans wrote:
Last year, a proactive initiative by the state government to publish the answer sheets, backfired when students discovered discrepancies in the way the questions had been marked. They found that in one paper, a student who hadn't attempted all the questions, still got cent per cent score and in a few others the tally of marks didn't add up. Following this embarrassment, the state government decided against publishing a similar booklet this year. Some students and teachers are of the view that the booklet should be published.

(B) Students of the succeeding batches can learn how the question papers are evaluated
(C) Students of the succeeding batches can observe the way in which the answers are presented.
(D) Students of the succeeding batches can get motivated to take more interest in the way they attempt the question paper

Dear chesstitans,

I'm happy to respond. :-)

My friend, this question is beyond bad--it's an utter embarrassment. To anyone who is a native English speaker, it's perfectly clear that this prompt was not written by someone who had any command of the English language. I have absolutely no idea what the writer means when he says, "a student . . . still got cent per cent score." This question in no way will prepare one for the official CR questions, all of which are flawlessly written in eminently well-spoken language.

Here's a high quality GMAT CR practice question:
Violent felonies in Dismaston

Does all this make sense?
Mike :-)

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. — William Butler Yeats (1865 – 1939)

SVP
SVP
P
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Last year, a proactive initiative by the state government to publish t [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2018, 20:29
mikemcgarry wrote:
chesstitans wrote:

Dear chesstitans,

I'm happy to respond. :-)

My friend, this question is beyond bad--it's an utter embarrassment. To anyone who is a native English speaker, it's perfectly clear that this prompt was not written by someone who had any command of the English language. I have absolutely no idea what the writer means when he says, "a student . . . still got cent per cent score." This question in no way will prepare one for the official CR questions, all of which are flawlessly written in eminently well-spoken language.

Here's a high quality GMAT CR practice question:
Violent felonies in Dismaston

Does all this make sense?
Mike :-)

thank you, I learn from you the ability to distinguish a good gmat question from a bad one. Since I am an international student, all questions look good to me. Thanks to you, I can know which question is good for preparation.
Re: Last year, a proactive initiative by the state government to publish t   [#permalink] 04 Jan 2018, 20:29

Last year, a proactive initiative by the state government to publish t

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap