Last visit was: 31 Aug 2024, 19:53 It is currently 31 Aug 2024, 19:53
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8  ...  40   
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10304 [29]
Given Kudos: 4559
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ESSEC MiM "23
GPA: 2.5
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Hi, I would really appreciate help with my profile evaluation.

I'm a BTech- Mechatronics final year student (female, Indian) from Manipal University, Jaipur.
CGPA- 7/10
GMAT- 700

Extracurricular-
Helped organise several college fests including TEDx
been part of 3 MUNs
volunteered in various local NGOs.

Professional experience: 3 internships of 2 months each at various marketing organisations.

MOOC courses: I have completed 7 MOOC courses, all related to innovation, finance, entrepreneurship and marketing.

I'm looking at universities in UK, France, Italy or Germany.

It would be a great help if you could suggest schools that would fit my profile.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 413 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Ayush7297 wrote:
Greetings Everyone!

I’d like to post my profile for a review. I’m going for a MiM and will be applying for the ‘21 intake.
Kindly evaluate my profile and suggest some schools I could aim at.

ACADEMICS:
Grade 10: 9.6/10 GPA
Grade 12: 92%
Bachelors:
Bachelors in Mathematical Sciences for an “A” rated college, Delhi University
(The course is almost a Data Science course, being an amalgamation of Computer Science,Statistics,Operations Research and Mathematics)
GPA: 7/10
GMAT: 710( IR: 8/8, AWA: 6/6)
TOEFL iBT: 110/120

LEADERSHIP & EXTRA-CURRICULARS:

- Part of the founding team of ENACTUS at our college. Was a core member during the session 2018-2019.

Became the President of the society for the session 2019-2020. Led a team of 50, worked on three projects for providing employment to women, uplifting the pottery community(reviving the dying art of pottery) and to combat plastic pollution.
The projects are running successfully and we’ve listed multiple potters at amazon alongside engaging them with schools and college with pottery as a mental health promoting activity and as an SUPW. The potters are also gradually shifting to smoke free kilns so as to ensure minimal pollution and survival.

We also tied up with plastic recyclers and have linked the garbage collectors with them who supply them with plastic bottles, for the supply of which we tied up with schools and colleges, which are recycled, and the personnel are paid the industry standard rate.

-have been part of the college basketball and cricket team, winning multiple tournaments.

- Placement Coördinator for the session 2019-2020. Organised a couple of internship fairs, one being virtual(with over 7000+ registrations) and the other being physical(2500+ Registrations)

-Have won multiple debates and creative writing competitions
- part of ROTARACT

WORK EXPERIENCE:

- Fresh Graduate and currently working as a marketing and sales assistant manager in a leading real estate firm.
- interned at American Express for 2 months in a Finance and Business Model development role
- interned as a marketing intern at a leading event management firm for 3 months
- interned as a basic finance moderator and keeper in the real estate firm I’m currently working in.

-part time intern at PEARSON as a content writer and content quality evaluator.

CERTIFICATIONS:
I’ve completed the below mentioned courses from coursera( with a grade consistently above 95%)
- Python Programming (University Of California)
- Database Management & SQL( Uni. Of Cali.)
- Graphic Design( California Institute of Arts)
- Business Fundamentals(this comprises of 6 certifications) (Wharton)

Planning to take my FRM level 1 this year.

Would really appreciate some vital feedback/reviews , suggestions, tips and target schools.

Thanks a ton!

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Ayush7297,

Overall you have a fair profile. While your GPA is average, your GMAT score is pretty good. You also have graduated from an A-rated college of Delhi University which is an add on to your profile.

Additionally, you have been a core team member of the ENACTUS club which is a bonus in your profile but remember to highlight things that make you stand apart.

You also have taken great initiatives in the social volunteering field which will act in your favor. Adcom is constantly on the lookout for people who can bring something extra on the table.

As far as your work experience is concerned, you have several internships under your belt. American Express is in fact a brand name that can help build you a strong pitch. As for others, remember to highlight the key projects you did and the skills that you developed during that time.

Certifications are impressive but make sure to talk about how you were able to implement these learnings.
Some of the schools that you can target are:

Dream- HEC, LBS, Michigan
Competitive- ESSEC, LSE
Safe- Skema, Notre Dame, Grenoble

However, since you have worked in the marketing, sales, and finance domain, you need to showcase in which field you are highly interested in and put forward a strong pitch to increase your chances in the top B-schools.

Apart from this, you can email us your resume with your target countries and schools in mind and we would be happy to help you.

Incase, If you want a more detailed evaluation of your chances at any of your target MiM programs, take our FREE PROFILE EVALUATION here:
https://www.mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and plan to apply for a mix of master in management and master in finance programs this year. I would really appreciate a profile evaluation :)

School: Top 20 LAC in the States
GPA: 3.84/4.00 (3.95+ after freshman year)
GMAT: 780 in one take (v47 q50)
Major: ECON
Nationality: Chinese
Internship: Big four+Accenture
Target programs:
1. HEC+Yale M2M
2. HEC MIF
3. LBS MiM
4. LSE MFin
5. LSE MiM
6. Oxford MFE
7. INSEAD MiM
8. CBS MSAFA
9. Yale Silver Scholars

My concern lies especially on my school, which has good reputation in the US but may not be heard of by the B-schools in Europe. Does it matter that much if I graduate from a LAC instead of a larger university? I am also worried about the fact that I don’t have much club/volunteer experience.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.36
Send PM
Does my profile have a strong chance for LBS MiM?

Nationality/Age: British, 21 y/o currently, Ethnically Chinese, moved to the UK at age 10

GMAT Score: Have not taken yet but I am confident it will be 750+ (750+ so far in practice tests)

GPA: low 2:1 (63.2%) in the UK which is about 3.35/4 but I study Physics at Oxbridge so they may overlook this a bit

Work Experience:
Incoming intern for a strategy consulting firm summer 2021 (one of the best non-MBB firms in London)
Student-led consultancy student consultant summer 2020
investment banking internship summer 2020 (4-week selective programme with sessions delivered by volunteers from Goldman Sachs, Blackrock and Bank of America)
Tech consulting internship at a Big Four summer 2019 (London)
Following that became a campus ambassador for them 2019-20 until COVID hit
Online Tutor summer 2018 & Data Analyst at a financial institution summer 2017

Extracurricular Involvements:
President of two societies: One for volunteering and one for digital gaming
Involved as a member of the executive committee in about 4-5 more societies which are mostly volunteering related
I mentor a lot of disadvantaged students for free through initiatives with their university application & career guidance if they want to go into consulting

Programmes I plan to apply to: LBS MiM

Short-Term Goals: Strategy Consulting - will probably take the return offer next summer
Long-Term Goals: Not sure, find out what I want to do/maybe stay in consulting
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hello everyone,
I’m a 22 year old student from India.
I have completed my graduation in 2019 with 7.8 CGPA, Accountancy Honors. I am also pursuing Chartered Accountancy (CA) and my finals are due this November. I have 3 years of articleship experience in an audit firm, which is a part of my CA curriculum. I had the opportunity to handle and lead various projects during these three years.
My GRE score is 330.
I also have work experience of workin for a mid size business firm and handling all the areas of business for a month.
I have won the regional elocution competition organised by ICAI and also hosted the students national conference organised in my city. Further, during my high school, I have run a few stalls that fetched a 100% profit. I also have volunteering experience at an organisation’s three day campaign to felicitate meritorious students.
I am also co founder of a student’s community formed to help fellow students who wish to pursue CA.
Can you please evaluate the aforementioned profile.
My target college includes HEC Paris, LSE and LBS. Any other university recommendations are welcome:)

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hello everybody
I would like you guys to please evaluate my profile for MiM in top colleges in europe ( LBS, HEC,etc)

I am 21 years old from India
I am a hotel management graduate from IHM mumbai ( one of the best colleges for hotel management in India) with a average 75 % score across all semesters and completed my research project on the feasibility of a themed restaurant in Mumbai
I also have a diploma in Computer applications
IELTS 8.0/9.0
Did my 4 month internship at Taj Santacruz, Mumbai

Talking about my extra curriculars :
I was part of NCC air wing in my school. ( NCC is the youth wing of Armed Forces in India )
Part of the student council in my school
Participated in various college fests and I have also worked with NGOs

I will be giving my GMAT by the end of this month.

i would also like to get some suggestion about the essay and about the whole application process and would also like to know how i can get in contact with alimuni of various college and how it can benefit me with my application and interviews.

Hoping for a positive feedback
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
PROFILE EVALUATION:
Program : MiM Program
B-Schools : HEC Paris, ESSEC, Esade, IE Business School, Fuqua School of Business and Ross School of Business.

24yrs, Female, Indian
Graduation : Bachelors of Architecture from a well known Indian University, CGPI - 6.75/10 (2019)
Previous work experience: 11 months (full-time) as a Jr. Architect in a Slum Rehabilitation Firm.
4.5 Months architect intern in a Slum Rehabilitation Firm (2017)
2 Months Intern at an Environment related NGO.

Extracurricular activities :
1. Participated in College Fests
2. Volunteered at a rural School to teach underprivileged students during summer vacation. (2018)
3. Member of Student Council in School in 10th and 12th Standard.

Targeted GMAT Score : 720+
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.43
Send PM
Hello,

My profile is:
Over 6 months of internship experience in investment bank, middle office (it will be one year at the time of application);
I graduated in Finance and Accounting with GPA 4.5/5 (which is like 2:1)
I went for a student exchange to Trinity College in Dublin for half a year and studied business related subjects.
I took part in various workshops, coordinated one project in student business club, I was a part of student rifle club as well.
I haven't taken GMAT yet, but I should get at least 650 points (my baseline score atm is 600, but I believe I can improve).

I am planning to apply for MIM or Master in International Management in Insead, Esade, St Gallen (sim), Bocconi and ICL.

Can you please evaluate my profile and give some advice?

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hello everyone,
I have completed my graduation in 2019 with 7.8 CGPA, Accountancy Honors. I am also pursuing Chartered Accountancy (CA) and my finals are due this November. I have 3 years of articleship experience in an audit firm, which is a part of my CA curriculum. I had the opportunity to handle and lead various projects during these three years.
My GRE score is 330.
I also have work experience of workin for a mid size business firm and handling all the areas of business for a month.
I have won the regional elocution competition organised by ICAI and also hosted the students national conference organised in my city. Further, during my high school, I have run a few stalls that fetched a 100% profit. I also have volunteering experience at an organisation’s three day campaign to felicitate meritorious students.
I am also co founder of a student’s community formed to help fellow students who wish to pursue CA.
My target college includes HEC Paris, LSE and LBS. Any other university recommendations are welcome:)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Send PM
Hello everybody, could you please evaluate my profile for the best B-Schools, MiM Program.
This is my profile
22-year old man from Nepal.
I am a graduate from Delhi University with a Bachelors in Economics with a GPA of 2.00/4.00
GMAT score 690 (V35,Q49)
I have 6 months of cumulative internship experience.
I will have 2 years of work experience as on 31st march 2021
I also have international work experience of 4 months.
Thank you for your time.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools: IIMA
Send PM
bhavya1998 wrote:
Hello everybody, could you please evaluate my profile for the best B-Schools, MiM Program.
This is my profile
22-year old man from Nepal.
I am a graduate from Delhi University with a Bachelors in Economics with a GPA of 2.00/4.00
GMAT score 690 (V35,Q49)
I have 6 months of cumulative internship experience.
I will have 2 years of work experience as on 31st march 2021
I also have international work experience of 4 months.
Thank you for your time.

Hello bhavya1998

You already have more than 2 yrs of work experience for foreign schools. Would you want to explore MBA? Non-Indian schools will consider your experience when you join the course.

My suggestion would be to consider a few MIM and MBA programs too. A little more understanding of your work experience is required here.

Maybe not the top ones - but depending on the quality of your work ex and your stories you could consider some MBA programs too.

You can reach out to me (PM) if you would want to discuss your profile in detail.

rgds,
Shree

Originally posted by CrackVerbalShree on 17 Aug 2020, 00:49.
Last edited by CrackVerbalShree on 17 Aug 2020, 03:37, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mahima71 wrote:
Hello everyone,
My GRE score is 330.
I have won the regional elocution competition organised by ICAI and also hosted the students national conference organised in my city. Further, during my high school, I have run a few stalls that fetched a 100% profit. I also have volunteering experience at an organization’s three day campaign to felicitate meritorious students.
I am also co-founder of a student’s community formed to help fellow students who wish to pursue CA.
My target college includes HEC Paris, LSE, and LBS. Any other university recommendations are welcome:)

Hello mahima71

I would like to evaluate your profile by addressing them in different buckets.

1. Academic strength - Here your CA and more important and excellent GRE score will definitely help.

2. Leadership: I am not sure when the ICAI conference was organized ( timeline is important if it's not a very old tale) - and more importantly your role and what you
got out of it. The student community story will also be a great value add. It would be great if you can show the impact here.

3. Anything to show analytical skills/teamwork / and goal clarity is also important.

If you are open to European schools - Since you are a BComm grad - check St Gallen( Switzerland - there are some pre-requisites), ESSEC MIM, ESADE MIM.

Hope this helps. If you want to discuss this in detail or need help please PM me.

regards,
Shree
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [1]
Send PM
JuliaKrupnik wrote:
Hello,

My profile is:
Over 6 months of internship experience in investment bank, middle office (it will be one year at the time of application);
I graduated in Finance and Accounting with GPA 4.5/5 (which is like 2:1)
I went for a student exchange at Trinity College in Dublin for half a year and studied business related subjects.
I took part in various workshops, coordinated one project in student business club, I was a part of student rifle club as well.
I haven't taken GMAT yet, but I should get at least 650 points (my baseline score atm is 600, but I believe I can improve).

I am planning to apply for MIM or Master in International Management in Insead, Esade, St Gallen (sim), Bocconi and ICL.

Can you please evaluate my profile and give some advice?

Thank you!

Hello JuliaKrupnik,

Which country do you belong to? The chances of admit also depend on the diversity in the class. B-Schools like people from different geographies and different countries.
The average GMAT score required could also be based on that.

About your profile: A better GMAT score will improve the probability of an admit for sure. So aim to get a 650+

Boconni might be a good shot. INSEAD is a relatively new MIM program ( and they love people from different countries).

ESADE, ESSEC - you should consider these too.

Extracurriculars - What you have learned of these experiences is what matters most. They want to assess how diverse are your interests and how can you actually be an asset to the class.

Hope this helps.

rgds,
Shree
Manager
Manager
Send PM
shiprayadav096 wrote:
PROFILE EVALUATION:
Program : MiM Program
B-Schools : HEC Paris, ESSEC, Esade, IE Business School, Fuqua School of Business and Ross School of Business.

24yrs, Female, Indian
Graduation : Bachelors of Architecture from a well known Indian University, CGPI - 6.75/10 (2019)
Previous work experience: 11 months (full-time) as a Jr. Architect in a Slum Rehabilitation Firm.
4.5 Months architect intern in a Slum Rehabilitation Firm (2017)
2 Months Intern at an Environment related NGO.

Extracurricular activities :
1. Participated in College Fests
2. Volunteered at a rural School to teach underprivileged students during summer vacation. (2018)
3. Member of Student Council in School in 10th and 12th Standard.

Targeted GMAT Score : 720+

Hello shiprayadav096

As an Architect, you do have an edge over others who are coming from similar backgrounds. However, you would need to bring in clarity on why a MIM is important or how will it
add to helping with your career goals.

Having a good story with your work with the Slum Rehabilitation Firm would be interesting. Frankly, a few months of experience with NGOs will not help much.

You might have to think through the challenges/successes/failures and exposure you got while working on internships / with the firm.

720+ is good. Keep at it.

rgds,
Shree
Manager
Manager
Send PM
KQ wrote:
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and plan to apply for a mix of master in management and master in finance programs this year. I would really appreciate a profile evaluation :)

School: Top 20 LAC in the States
GPA: 3.84/4.00 (3.95+ after freshman year)
GMAT: 780 in one take (v47 q50)
Major: ECON
Nationality: Chinese
Internship: Big four+Accenture
Target programs:
1. HEC+Yale M2M
2. HEC MIF
3. LBS MiM
4. LSE MFin
5. LSE MiM
6. Oxford MFE
7. INSEAD MiM
8. CBS MSAFA
9. Yale Silver Scholars

My concern lies especially on my school, which has good reputation in the US but may not be heard of by the B-schools in Europe. Does it matter that much if I graduate from a LAC instead of a larger university? I am also worried about the fact that I don’t have much club/volunteer experience.

Hello KQ ,

Your GMAT 780 is a great advantage. Since you do not have much on the volunteering side, what will help you most is your experience in the internship ( more around what you did there and what you learned).

I don't think you should worry too much about the ranking of your school as you cannot change that now :).

Focus on your strengths - highlight what you can contribute to the program and why you want to pursue any of these programs. Some of the MFE programs do have some pre-requisites. You might want to check that.

Let me know if you would like to discuss more about your profile. You can PM me.

rgds,
Shree.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
rajansingh33 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm a 2019 Bachelor in Engineering passout in Mechatronics from Thapar University with a GPA of 7.07/10 (70.7%).
Have 13 month experience in a top Shocker manufacturing company in India as a Process Engineer (Just resigned).
Prior to that, was in TVS Motor Company for a span of 6 months for my internship during my BE. Undertook 2 projects there.

I'm currently about to start preparing for GMAT as soon as I get relieved from current organisation.
Looking for suggestions on what program I should get into. Currently looking at MIM, MSc Management, Master of Management and Masters in Engineering Management as helpful courses. Also looking for suggestions on what Universities to consider.
I'm interested in Management courses and prefer not to get into pure technical courses.
Looking for courses only in Canada.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Hi rajansingh33,

You have a decent profile.

Thapar University is pretty good and your GPA 7.07 is also up to the mark as Canadian schools are much considerate of the GPA.

Your work ex. Seems fine. As said, you have a 13-months experience in a top Shocker manufacturing company in India as a Process Engineer and interned at TVS Motor Company for a span of 6 months. Thus, you would be required to showcase the value addition you could create at both the workplaces as schools are known to be more inclined towards applicants who have the names of big brands associated with their profile.
Moreover, the project that you undertook can be highlighted in your application.

However, since you have resigned from your job, you’d be required to surface a concrete reason for the same along with expressing how you have been utilizing your time effectively e.g.- taking online courses to upgrade your knowledge base & skills.

Outlining the difference between the degrees, MIM, MSc Management & Master of Management are just the same. It’s a great pick if you seek a career in marketing, consulting, or finance. Further, MEM (Masters in Engineering Managemen) is great if you wish to work in US/Canada and immerse in the field of operation, SCM, and other related tech fields.
The MEM is predominantly famous in the US. However, Canada also has some MEM schools like- McGill University, Concordia University, SFU - Beedie, Carleton University, etc.

On the other hand, these are some Canadian MiM schools that you may wish to target-
Ivey, Queens: Smith, Schulich, HEC Montreal, UBC Sauder, etc.

Additionally, you shall aim for a GMAT score of 670+ and it’s ideal to apply in the upcoming Round 1 deadline.

On the whole, the choice of the program depends entirely on your goals and the career field you seek.
Thus, to help you arrive at a sound decision regarding applying to which schools/country, you can book a FREE Consulting Call to connect with one of our consultants and have your queries addressed through the link given below-

https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appointment-form/
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Zuki1803 wrote:
Coud you do my profile evaluation
I have selected INSEAD, HEC , NUS MSC , ESSEC, EDHEC & NTU
GMAT :- Aiming for 720+
Would be going for Black belt SIX Sigma Certification After GMAT exam
I am currently engaged in Full - Time Work with on going Work Experience of 1.6years (L& T Info-tech) - Working on Cognos Analytics(AI Smarter business intelligence)
I wish to apply for MIM program

College :- VIT UNIVERSITY, VELLORE (NIRF ranking 18th in country)
CGPA:- 8.32(Mechanical Engineering)
Extra Curricular :- Toastmasters International(Still Part of it)
Currently Elected as Vice- President(Education) Acting President if President is not available.
Finance Lead for one of the Division Contest
Part of Cultural Fests
Youth Red Cross Society
Project:- CAD Model Of Aminoscope:- Tested by various CMC doctors (Currently Targeting Journals)

International Exposure :- Went for MSQCC(Mauritian Quality Control Circle ) in Grade 6th

Hi Zuki1803,

Your profile looks quite decent.

Beginning with your academic record, your GPA is pretty good and VIT does embellish your profile with its name.
However, you must be considerate of the fact that you would be competing again applicants from top colleges like IITs and the schools that HEC & INSEAD give preference to.

Also, since you’re aiming for a GMAT score of 720+, I’d like to add that any score above 700+ is pretty good.

As you have worked for 1.6 yrs in L&T, your work ex. is quite satisfactory. L&T is a decent brand, thus, highlighting your work and contribution in the project- Cognos Analytics(AI Smarter business intelligence)- would be very much instrumental in your application. Linking this project to your career goals would be helpful.

And SIX Sigma Certification would be helpful if it aligns with your goals, like if you wish to work in the consulting field.

Further, the extracurriculars are also fine. In particular, positions like Vice- President/President and Finance Lead are quite great to illustrate your leadership and various other skills. Though your extracurriculars you can convey how you proactive you were for outside the classroom activities as schools seek holistic profiles.

You shall link the projects you’ve undertaken to your goals to convey your earnestness in a specific field.

Given the schools, you are planning to target, you won’t be eligible for NUS as they don’t accept engineers. Speaking of school categorization of others, HEC & INSEAD are dream schools, ESSEC is competitive, EDHEC is a safe school, & NTU doesn’t offer the MiM program. Hence, for NTU you need to search the program you want to apply for.

Amongst the lot, HEC is the toughest as they give a lot of preference to applicants coming from the top 10 schools and strong application. Nonetheless, if you score a good GMAT, have a very strong application at hand, and apply in Round 1, you can have a chance at winning an admit into HEC.

To wind up, I’d like to add that arriving at a sound decision regarding applying to which schools/country is certainly a detailed process and requires screening various essential factors. Thus, to have a more clear picture of the schools you should be applying to, you can schedule a FREE Consulting Call with us & connect with one of our consultants through the link given below-

https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appointment-form/
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Zuki1803 wrote:
Coud you do my profile evaluation
I have selected INSEAD, HEC , NUS MSC , ESSEC, EDHEC & NTU
GMAT :- Aiming for 720+
Would be going for Black belt SIX Sigma Certification After GMAT exam
I am currently engaged in Full - Time Work with on going Work Experience of 1.6years (L& T Info-tech) - Working on Cognos Analytics(AI Smarter business intelligence)
I wish to apply for MIM program

College :- VIT UNIVERSITY, VELLORE (NIRF ranking 18th in country)
CGPA:- 8.32(Mechanical Engineering)
Extra Curricular :- Toastmasters International(Still Part of it)
Currently Elected as Vice- President(Education) Acting President if President is not available.
Finance Lead for one of the Division Contest
Part of Cultural Fests
Youth Red Cross Society
Project:- CAD Model Of Aminoscope:- Tested by various CMC doctors (Currently Targeting Journals)

International Exposure :- Went for MSQCC(Mauritian Quality Control Circle ) in Grade 6th

Hi Zuki1803,

You have a fairly decent profile.

Your GPA (~7) is satisfactory enough. Also, your GMAT score (730) is pretty good to go. Nevertheless, a higher GMAT score is always fancied by schools.

Going by your full-time work experience with an MBB consulting firm and 2 internships with EY & Deloitte, respectively, you have associated your profile with renowned brand names and the same can be highlighted in your application as it helps draw much attention.

Also, extracurricular engagements in areas like the head of the university's entrepreneurship cell, Student Chair, Placement coordinator, member of the organizing committee, etc- all can be effectively addressed in your application to showcase your leadership, communication, and other important skills. Since schools seek applicants with a holistic profile, it would be great to highlight/undertake some social welfare initiatives as well.

Since the schools are broadly categorized into 3 categories (dream, safe & competitive), here's a breakdown of the schools you've chosen-

Dream- LBS, HEC, Michigan Ross
Competitive- IE, IESE, Duke

Considering your profile & the categorization, you can stand a good chance for entry into the dream schools, given your application is drafted meticulously to break through the competitive pool. Since the competitive category schools invite a more aggressive competition, it's advisable to apply to a mix of dream & competitive schools.

However, to be more certain of the schools to which you should apply, a detailed profile evaluation is always suggested.
Thus, if you seek a comprehensive profile evaluation to analyze your profile strengths & weaknesses along with a list of school suggestions, you can reach our FREE Profile Evaluation tool through the link given below-

https://www.mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation/
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8  ...  40   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3127 posts