GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 07 Aug 2020, 00:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Director
Director
P
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: SMU MIM Profile evaluation and chances  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2020, 03:32
utkarsh025 wrote:
Profile Evaluation:

GRE = 312 (Quant - 168/Verbal- 144)
IELTS = 7/9
CGPA - 7.44/10(till 7th sem)
Mechanical engineer Final year student
No work experience
1 Month technical International Internship at renowned Company
another technical internship at a big firm in India(home country)
one ad half month social media content writing internship for NGO.
Lots of extra-curricular throughout graduation
I have managed fests in my initial 2 yrs. I was project head in thrid year at my institute of an international student chapter.
I have been a Lawn tennis team captain at my college.

What are my chances at Singapore Management University for Masters in Management program?
Thank you so much

Hi utkarsh025,
Well, a you have a pretty fair profile as such, GPA though a bit below SMU's average but still is pretty fair.
GRE is slightly on the lower end, but can be compensated by other profile strengths.
But the thing here is I cannot comment on how these can be compensated by profile strengths as your question lacks details about your profile - Companies interned at, responsibilities over there, achievements in extra-curriculars, volunteering activities,etc
Also For MiM, your internships will be considered as work experience so do not downplay them.

I would suggest you to take up this quick profile evaluation so that I can get more details and come back with an accurate analysis on your selection chances: https://www.mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation/?gmat-club

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

92% Success Rate| 1200+ Admits in Top Schools| 1.8 Million Euros in Scholarships

Book A Free Call: https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appointment-form/?gfc-button
Intern
Intern
B
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2020, 02:10
Thank you Abhyank for replying on my post.
Please tell me that if I submit my 6.5 IELTS scores and do not opt for waiver then will it affect my selection chances given that college demands 6.5 minimum.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: General Management, International Business
Schools: HEC, ESSEC, EDHEC
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
CAT Tests
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2020, 22:49
Hello,

I would like to have a profile evaluation.

Indian female

Age - 24

GMAT - To give in august, expecting 720+

Graduation - 8/10 - Computer science engineering

Work experience - working as a software engineer in a french based company in india (2 years workex)

Extracurricular -
* NGO experience of 1 year.
* Been Head coordinator of my college career and placement cell
* Organised multiple events in college
* Assisted a consultancy in organising an education fair
* Play table tennis at corporate level, won gold last year in intra-organisation table tennis competition

Target schools - MIM @ HEC, ESSEC, ESCP, EDHEC

I am worried that my age is going to be a problem. I want to pursue an MIM and in august 2020 my workex will be 2 years. People say MIM is for people with less than 2 years workex. But, at the time of applying my workex is 2 years but ofcourse by the time of joining the sept 2021 intake my workex will exceed.

How am i exactly supposed to calculate my workex? Will it be a problem for me?
Also, will my french based company experience be an asset for my application to my french b schools?

Any response would be highly appreciated. Thankyou in advance.

Intern
Intern
B
Re: SMU MIM Profile evaluation and chances  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2020, 10:48
thank you so much for the reply.
It was great. Can you please tell me how many of the students get shortlisted for the personal interview round. And how is it?
And is it a grilling one or normal. What kind of questions are asked?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: LBS MiM "22, HEC, ESSEC
MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 28 Jul 2020, 08:00
Hi, please evaluate my profile:

Background and nationality
Indian, 22, Engineer.

X: 95.83%
XII: 89.84%
Undergrad: 6.62/10 (for reasons which i will address later)
Mine is the top college in the state with very high selectivity (my percentile for the entrance exam was 99.67).

GMAT = 730
Cleared CFA L1

Done a lot of online courses (20+) in all areas (from coding and machine learning to financial markets and strategy)

Work experience:

0.75 years as a technology consultant at Deloitte (consulting)

2 internships during my education (one technical and one in a FinTech startup in finance and operations).

Extracurriculars:
1. Worked as a sponsorship executive in second year for the techno-managerial fest of the college. It is the second largest fest in the city (after that of an IIT in the city). Raised funds of about 200,000 INR.

2. CFO of the same fest (in the third year)
Managed funds of about 3,500,000 INR. (Was responsible for fund allocation and money distribution, tenders, negotiating deals with dealers, procurement and allocation of resources, looking after sectors like infrastructure, lights and sound, logistics, etc)
I also headed a team of 4 subordinates. And worked as a sponsorship sector head with 10 subordinates working under me.

3. I'm also a budding Violinist.
I've cleared grade 5/8 of violin exams by Trinity College, London.
Been learning the instrument for 4+ years.

Volunteering:
Actively working with an NGO that collects leftover food from restaurants and serves it to the poor and underprivileged.

Target schools: HEC Paris, LBS, ESCP, ESSEC.

Post master's goals: Want to get into management consulting.

Reasons for a low GPA:
1. I was diagnosed with clinical depression in the second year. I could not attend college for several months because of that.
2. I ABSOLUTELY HATE engineering.
3. A lot of campus involvement which left me little time to focus on my academics.

Please evaluate my profile and let me know what my chances are.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Ssj30 on 13 Jul 2020, 12:13.
Last edited by Ssj30 on 28 Jul 2020, 08:00, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
B
MIM Application 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2020, 07:21
I'm planning to apply for the MIM program

My profile is as follows:-
I am from India.
Academics:
10 - 71.45 ( Grade A )
10+2 - 66 ( Grade A )
U.G. [Under Graduation] (Bachelors of Commerce) - 63% Grade 'A'
Savitribai Phule Pune University
(Top 20 Indian Universities) Graduated in May 2018.

Extra-Curricular:-

I have won many debate competitions
2 - National Level Competitions
Also 3 awards during my U.G. in my institute (Winner - 2016, 2017, 2018)

I have also won a couple of Business Quiz Competitions as well as various other Business Competitions. Also have won the College of the year twice in a business competition for my institute.
I have also participated and won in a couple of state level Soccer tournaments.
I was a part of the Events organizing committee during my Graduation.

Work Experience:-
I have 1 year and 6 months of experience in Accounting as an Accounts Assistant in a Manufacturing Organisation.
Currently employed at BNY Melon as an Asset Servicing Client Representative.

I have also participated in many other social and business competitions.

Please give me your views about what would be a good GMAT score for getting an interview call as well as Conversion.

Also, suggest what can I do to improve my profile for having better chances of conversion for the best B-schools which could provide me with a better career path and salary.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Other)

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2020, 21:09
Your profile is impressive and I think you should just go for it. I got an admit from hec paris and I think you will be able to crack it as well

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: LBS MiM "22, HEC, ESSEC

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2020, 21:21
Anurag997 wrote:
Your profile is impressive and I think you should just go for it. I got an admit from hec paris and I think you will be able to crack it as well

Hi Anurag,

It was unclear if you were referring to Abdullah's profile or mine. In any case, could you please share your profile so that we have an idea about the profiles requires for HEC?
Director
Director
P
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2020, 01:15
Ssj30 wrote:
Hi, okay evaluate my profile:

Background and nationality
Indian, 22, Engineer.

X: 95.83%
XII: 89.84%
Undergrad: 6.62/10 (for reasons which i will address later)
Mine is the top college in the state with very high selectivity (my percentile for the entrance exam was 99.67).

GMAT = 730
Cleared CFA L1

Done a lot of online courses (20+) in all areas (from coding and machine learning to financial markets and strategy)

Work experience:

0.75 years as a technology consultant at Deloitte (consulting)

2 internships during my education (one technical and one in a FinTech startup in finance and operations).

Extracurriculars:
1. Worked as a sponsorship executive in second year for the techno-managerial fest of the college. It is the second largest fest in the city (after that of an IIT in the city). Raised funds of about 200,000 INR.

2. CFO of the same fest (in the third year)
Managed funds of about 3,500,000 INR. (Was responsible for fund allocation and money distribution, tenders, negotiating deals with dealers, procurement and allocation of resources, looking after sectors like infrastructure, lights and sound, logistics, etc)
I also headed a team of 4 subordinates. And worked as a sponsorship sector head with 10 subordinates working under me.

3. I'm also a budding Violinist.
I've cleared grade 5/8 of violin exams by Trinity College, London.
Been learning the instrument for 4+ years.

Volunteering:
Actively working with an NGO that collects leftover food from restaurants and serves it to the poor and underprivileged.

Target schools: HEC Paris, LBS, ESCP, ESSEC.

Post master's goals: Want to get into management consulting.

Reasons for a low GPA:
1. I was diagnosed with clinical depression in the second year. I could not attend college for several months because of that.
2. I ABSOLUTELY HATE engineering.
3. A lot of campus involvement which left me little time to focus on my academics.

Please evaluate my profile and let me know what my chances are.

Thanks.

Hi Ssj30,

A pretty strong profile, UG rank, Brand name on Resume and strong extra-curriculars are profile assets.
CFA is an added leverage, you can highlight it in your essays to showcase an interest in pursuing a long term career in finance.
GPA is on the lower side for LBS . You will need to email the school before hand to confirm your eligibilty.
For HEC, ESCP and ESSEC, however with a strong application you will have a fair shot.
However, you would need to be very,very articulate in highlighting your reasons for the low GPA in your essays. Most applicants mention lack of interest in the UG degree and Involvement in Extra-curriculars, so you need to think on how you can differentiate yourself.

You can drop me a https://gmatclub.com/chat on +91-8810658356 if you want to know more about profiles that got into your target schools and how you can amplify your selection chances.

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

92% Success Rate| 1200+ Admits in Top Schools| 1.8 Million Euros in Scholarships

Book A Free Call: https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appointment-form/?gfc-button
Intern
Intern
Schools: HEC, ESSEC, INSEAD

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2020, 09:54
Hello,
My name is Divik Tyagi, 23
Could you help me evaluate my profile? I am prepping for MiM 2021'fall intake.
Background and nationality - Indian, male

Undergrad Information - Bachelors in Business with avg GPA of 6.6/10

GMAT/GRE - I am scheduled to take on GMAT. and hoping to get a 700+ score but being realistic if its in ballpark of 680-710

Work experience and leadership - I have roughly 2 years of work experience from our country based startup in core-marketing. I have achieved quite a few accomplishments while working. Social Media Management & Paid/organic traffic and project management are few of my strong points. I have built products from scratch which are current cash cows for the company. Led a team of 5 people to build a product.

Community and others - I had several chance volunteering with NGOs and aiding them with my digital marketing skills for their awareness.

Post Master goals - Want to be a successful marketer through improving my skills with world's renowned faculty and exposure.

My dream is to work in European and Asian continent post masters which makes HEC, Insead, ESSEC my prime targets. But with such low academics, do I even stand a chance?
Manager
Manager
B
Status: The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary
GPA: 3.95
WE: Accounting (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2020, 10:46
Anurag997 wrote:

Hi Anurag! Congratulations!

Could you please share your profile?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2020, 02:10
Abdullah09 wrote:

I am from India.
Academics:
10 - 71.45 ( Grade A )
10+2 - 66 ( Grade A )

I have also won a couple of Business Quiz Competitions as well as various other Business Competitions. Also have won the College of the year twice in a business competition for my institute.

I have 1 year and 6 months of experience in Accounting as an Accounts Assistant in a Manufacturing Organisation.

Please give me your views about what would be a good GMAT score for getting an interview call as well as Conversion.

Also, suggest what can I do to improve my profile for having better chances of conversion for the best B-schools which could provide me with a better career path and salary.

Can anyone please help me with my profile and evaluation and give related suggestions?

Moderator - Masters Forum
V
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2020, 04:59
Abdullah09 wrote:
Abdullah09 wrote:

I am from India.
Academics:
10 - 71.45 ( Grade A )
10+2 - 66 ( Grade A )

Can anyone please help me with my profile and evaluation and give related suggestions?

You have a great profile wholly, except UG percentage. Your extracurricular awards will compensate for the percentage loss. Definitely, your profile will be impressive to offer for the adcom team.
What are your targeted B-Schools or country? what are your post-study goals? Pl provide.
+10 to +20 score of an average GMAT score of the particular schools will give more chances to get admit.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2020, 05:18
kiran120680 wrote:
Abdullah09 wrote:
Abdullah09 wrote:

I am from India.
Academics:
10 - 71.45 ( Grade A )
10+2 - 66 ( Grade A )

You have a great profile wholly, except UG percentage. Your extracurricular awards will compensate for the percentage loss. Definitely, your profile will be impressive to offer for the adcom team.
What are your targeted B-Schools or country? what are your post-study goals? Pl provide.
+10 to +20 score of an average GMAT score of the particular schools will give more chances to get admit.

I have no clue about which B-Schools I should target. That is one of my questions as you have seen my profile. Could you suggest some Bschool about 5-10 which could give me a good Management learning experience as well as stable career path opportunities?

For Country Preference any in Europe would do.

Thanks a lot for taking out your time to reply.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2020, 05:35
Hi All,
Would be extremely grateful to have my profile reviewed here, targeting 21' intake for MIM programs at ESSEC, ESCP, ESADE, HEC Paris, EDHEC (ESSEC would be my 1st choice)

My profile is as follows -

Indian IT Engineer, 23 Yrs Old

B.Tech in Computer Science from UPES, specialization in Business Analytics (IBM Certified Graduate) (Ranked quite low in NIRF Engineering Rankings though - 167/200)
Overall GPA - 6.6/10 (Low gpa but did go from a 5.0 to an 8.0 by final year of the course)

GRE - 316 (V- 153, Q- 163), Planning to take it again, will be applying in R1 to all.

Work Ex - Working with an IT Service based company (L&T Infotech) in release management domain for a top banking client in the US for over a year now, will have about 16 months of work ex at the time of applying.

Leadership Experiences -

A number of experiences here -

1) Editorial Head for a year in college, led a team of 8 members. Was also on the Editorial board of several other college level organizations.
2) Team Lead at AIESEC, Worked in Sales, Marketing. Led a team of 10.
3) Have been involved with various NGO's from School till end of college as volunteer and part of HR Committee (NSS,
GYG, Feeding India) (about 4 yrs in total)
4) Flagship Event Head in University Cultural Fest (Twice, led a team of 15, Event Management, Marketing, Sales)
5) Gold Medal in State Volleyball (10th Grade), Made it to nationals in 12th grade in Rifle Shooting but didn't win, only participation.

Internships -

1. Main Internship at an MBB Firm (Back Office, technical, Business Intelligence)
2. Marketing & IT Intern at a 5 star Luxury Hotel Chain (3 weeks) (Mostly Graphic Design, content creation and marketing analytics)
3. Android Trainee at a small IT company (MNC)

Experiences -

Worked as a freelance content writer for some time, eventually outsourced the work as I made some regular and well paying clients while taking care of editing. Short-lived since the website we used for bids (think iwriter etc) eventually went bankrupt and closed shop.

Working part time with a local fashion brand (digital marketing) (super small, just starting out)

International Experience - Don't know if it counts but visited 9 countries in Europe as a part of a trip in high school.

Post Masters Goal - Want to work in a Product Marketing in a Tech Firm.

Hobbies - Very involved in Photography and writing, instagram blogging.

Thanks in Advance!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IE MiM "21 (A)

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2020, 23:06
I understand it's offtopic but I couldn't find any specific forum for financing MiM program.

I have got an offer from IE Business School to complete Masters in Management (MiM - 12 months).
Please suggest me any scholarship options or any loan options (with minimal interest rate).

Your suggestions will help me to lessen the financial burden.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 23 Jul 2020, 04:10
Coud you do my profile evaluation
I have selected INSEAD, HEC , NUS MSC , ESSEC, EDHEC & NTU
GMAT :- Aiming for 720+
Would be going for Black belt SIX Sigma Certification After GMAT exam
I am currently engaged in Full - Time Work with on going Work Experience of 1.6years (L& T Info-tech) - Working on Cognos Analytics(AI Smarter business intelligence)
I wish to apply for MIM program

College :- VIT UNIVERSITY, VELLORE (NIRF ranking 18th in country)
CGPA:- 8.32(Mechanical Engineering)
Extra Curricular :- Toastmasters International(Still Part of it)
Currently Elected as Vice- President(Education) Acting President if President is not available.
Finance Lead for one of the Division Contest
Part of Cultural Fests
Youth Red Cross Society
Project:- CAD Model Of Aminoscope:- Tested by various CMC doctors (Currently Targeting Journals)

International Exposure :- Went for MSQCC(Mauritian Quality Control Circle ) in Grade 6th
I don't know if that counts.

Originally posted by Zuki1803 on 22 Jul 2020, 23:53.
Last edited by Zuki1803 on 23 Jul 2020, 04:10, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
WE: Information Technology (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2020, 03:18
Hi,

Work ex :- 1.25 years at the time of applying in an International Bank(IT role)
International Experience :- Work related visit to the UK
Undergrad :- Top 20 Engineering School in India, IIT
CGPA :- 7.02/10 (55 percentile)
Voluntary work :- Affiliated with an NGO right now, social work as a part of undergrad.
GMAT : 730, Q51, V40
Recommendation Letter : From current employer
Sports : National Level Table Tennis Player

Could you please evaluate my profile for MiM programs in EU, UK and Canada? Also, at the time of joining said programs, I'd have almost 2.1 years of work ex(September 2021 intake). Is that a negative factor? Should I consider MBA in that case and what would be my options?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2020, 08:38
Hi experts!

I am a French student (20 years old) from a top 10 French B-School (Bachelor in Management ranked 4th in France, second bachelor's degree with the most applications in 2020 in France) and I have been the best students in my first two years with a 4.0/4.0 GPA. I have done my exchange semester in the Arizona State University and I had the best marks of my classes (GPA 4.0/4.0). I also integrated a university association named "Change the World". I have created a start-up in 2018 in France and another one this year during my exchange semester. Thanks to my first start-up I have integrated to the best incubator of the South of France for 6 months. Unfortunately, I left the first start-up because of troubles with my associate and the second one because we had to stop our activity due to COVID-19. I have done two internships: One as General Manager (team management + marketing + achievements such as improving the total revenue by 10%) in a huge restaurant for 3 months and another one as the CEO's Assistant of a national known company in Albania for 3 months. Furthermore, I have done 6 months of volunteering as a French-Albanian translator in France to help Albanian immigrants. I also have a 1 year volunteering in my B-School. I was an ambassador of the school and had to represent it in forums and high schools. Thanks to my work during this volunteering. I had an exclusive "recommendation" from the Head of Contests and Promotion of the school. I am also the Vice-President of the School student office and I have to manage 50 people and organise events for more than 500 persons.
For my third year I have been chosen to pursue a Dual Degree in Germany and write a thesis. So I will have 2 Bachelor's degrees. This German Bachelor is ranked among the Third Best Bachelor in International Business Administration in Germany). I will have to write a full thesis during this year.
Regarding GMAT, I am currently learning through E-Gmat and Target Test Prep. I hope to reach a score between 660-710.
IELTS 7/9 (C1). I speak French (bilingual), Albanian (B2) and Spanish (B2).
Letters of recommendation: I have one letter from my Albanian Internship and I am hesitating for my academic one. Is it better to have a letter from a professor or from my School Director (she doesn't really know me but I finished first so I can have a letter from her)?
I have been the Captain of a local soccer team between 2014 and 2018 and we won 2 leagues. In 2013 our BasketBall team won the Regional Championship and so played as a national level and I was the captain of the team.
I won my B-School Business Game which is a team game in which you have a business that you have to develop while having the whole school compete. We had the best financial results and I have been elected as the Leader of the winning team.

I want to apply to those schools and programs:
-CEMS Bocconi or HEC
-MiM Bocconi
-Mim St Gallen
-Mim HEC
-Hec-Yale M2M
-MiM LBS
-MiM LSE
-Yale Silver Program
-EDHEC Triple Degree Program
-Mim ESCP Europe
-MiM Essec

Will apply to R1 to all.

I really want to do a Double Degree if I do a simple Mim and if possible in the US (only ESCP, HEC, EDHEC have good US Dual Degree parternships).
My preferred choice would be the HEC-Yale M2M, Mim HEC, MiM LBS, CEMS.

So what do you think about all of this? Do I have any chance? Even with a 660 GMAT Score?
Thank you for your help!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2020, 08:40
Abdullah09 wrote:
kiran120680 wrote:
Abdullah09 wrote:
Abdullah09 wrote:

I am from India.
Academics:
10 - 71.45 ( Grade A )
10+2 - 66 ( Grade A )

I have no clue about which B-Schools I should target. That is one of my questions as you have seen my profile. Could you suggest some Bschool about 5-10 which could give me a good Management learning experience as well as stable career path opportunities?

For Country Preference any in Europe would do.

Thanks a lot for taking out your time to reply.

Can someone please help
GMAT Club Bot
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here   [#permalink] 26 Jul 2020, 08:40

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 86 posts ] 

MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here

new topic post reply Update application status