Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 01:53 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [29]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 210 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Kudos
mahyar_10 wrote:
Hi Guys,
I am planning to apply for MiM this year (2024 Intake). My target schools are Chicago Booth, Kellogg, and Emory Goizueta.

Background and nationality
I am from Pakistan and a first generation University Graduate.

Undergrad Information
Graduated from one of the top Engineering Universities in Pakistan with a CGPA of 3.61/4. Selected in Principle's Honours List 2023. Received a Gold Medal for outstanding performance from the Government of Punjab, Pakistan in 2019.

GMAT/GRE:
Haven't taken any tests so far. My question is mostly regarding this part of my application.

Work experience and leadership:
1.5 Years Full Time Professional Work Experience (I started working full time during my Senior Year due to some personal reasons.). Now, working as a Product Lead at one of the top AI Companies focusing on NLP (Smodin.io) with over 6 million monthly users.
From July. 2023 ‑ Oct .2023, I also worked part-time as a business advisor helping a family business digitise its processes and thus land one of its biggest clients so far. Other experiences include managing and leading AI projects (but those are all contracts/internships).

Community and others
Wrote educational content for DataDrivenInvestor, and AnalyticsVidhaya on Medium. Also wrote articles on ML and Python for StackAbuse Technology Blog with over 500K Readers.
Mentoring Group - Helped a lot of young students and fellows kick-start their Professional Journey and how to earn online, as a way of growing skills and supporting themselves.

Post Master goals:
Go into Management Consultancy. Want to learn about new industries, and how technology can impact certain business. Very passionate about learning Strategy.

I would like opinion on my chances to my selected Schools. Also, I had a question regarding the GMAT. These schools have a GMAT waiver option if your CGPA is above a threshold, and my CGPA just crosses that threshold. I feel like my GPA could be considered average and if I don't submit GMAT, it can impact my profile. But if I do, what score should I aim for?

Hi

You have a well rounded profile overall and do have a shot at these programs, Booth and Kellogg are pretty competitive for MiM with average GPAs around 3.7 on 4.0 point scale so it helps to have Emory Goizueta as a safe school amongst the target list.

Aim for a 665+ score on the GMAT FE. This should put you in the upper quarter of students and will certainly improve your chances.

If you need professional help with your applications, do reach out to us!

Best,
Divesh

Founder & Managing Consultant
https://Top100MBA.Club

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here1 [#permalink]
Hello
I am looking into applying for MiMs in USA and Europe but am concerned that my profile is too weak, was hoping for your advice/opinions ;

This is my profile -
21-year old man from UK.
I'm graduating this year my Masters in Mechanical in one of the top 2 universities in the UK (Imperial College London). I am currently on a 2:2(3.0 US) but hoping to climb back up to a 2.1(3.3) by the end of this year.(This is my main concern - especially for Transcripts.)

GMAT score( not done yet) but confident can get 680+ - would be handy to know what I would need to aim for with my grades

I have 1 full time internship at Amazon as a Project Management Intern where I:

• Collaborated within the Amazon EU Central Reliability team to strategize, implement, and standardize engineering systems, reliability initiatives, and equipment enhancements across 7 pillars and 400+ Amazon Fulfilment/Sort Centres.

• Spearheaded the successful pilot of a preventative maintenance plan for Siemens Singulator, ensuring its comprehensive rollout across all EU sites with the sorter.

• Led the successful rollout of an Action Tracker, enhancing asset health tracking across 100+ sites, while collaborating with diverse teams to ensure its effective implementation .

I also have been Chair of Sports at my university for the last year and Vice Chair the year before that -

As the Chair and representative of all club sports, I provide strategic leadership, overseeing the day-to-day operations of 55 sports and ensuring their success. I lead a team of 7 in conducting annual budgeting and managed funding allocations of up to 430k. My commitment to student advocacy empowers me to hold full-time staff accountable and ensure that student voices are heard and represented effectively.

In addition, I actively contribute to the Union Council, Clubs, Societies & Projects Board, and the Physical Activity & Sport Board, playing a vital role in shaping policies and fostering collaboration.

Furthermore, I orchestrate and host 1000+ capacity events at both internal and external venues, creating memorable experiences and promoting a vibrant sports community.

I have other smaller experiences and positions( like committee positions, or jobs pre university working in administration) but not sure if they are even worth discussing

Extracurricular activities: I have been playing hockey at national level since I was 14 and I'm currently member of my university hockey team and also a local club team.

Any advice would be appreciated, I realise I don’t have a great profile so just want to see what my realistic options are and if it’s even worth applying.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
vchetty wrote:
Hello
I am looking into applying for MiMs in USA and Europe but am concerned that my profile is too weak, was hoping for your advice/opinions ;

This is my profile -
21-year old man from UK.
I'm graduating this year my Masters in Mechanical in one of the top 2 universities in the UK (Imperial College London). I am currently on a 2:2(3.0 US) but hoping to climb back up to a 2.1(3.3) by the end of this year.(This is my main concern - especially for Transcripts.)

GMAT score( not done yet) but confident can get 680+ - would be handy to know what I would need to aim for with my grades

• Collaborated within the Amazon EU Central Reliability team to strategize, implement, and standardize engineering systems, reliability initiatives, and equipment enhancements across 7 pillars and 400+ Amazon Fulfilment/Sort Centres.

• Spearheaded the successful pilot of a preventative maintenance plan for Siemens Singulator, ensuring its comprehensive rollout across all EU sites with the sorter.

• Led the successful rollout of an Action Tracker, enhancing asset health tracking across 100+ sites, while collaborating with diverse teams to ensure its effective implementation .

I also have been Chair of Sports at my university for the last year and Vice Chair the year before that -

As the Chair and representative of all club sports, I provide strategic leadership, overseeing the day-to-day operations of 55 sports and ensuring their success. I lead a team of 7 in conducting annual budgeting and managed funding allocations of up to 430k. My commitment to student advocacy empowers me to hold full-time staff accountable and ensure that student voices are heard and represented effectively.

In addition, I actively contribute to the Union Council, Clubs, Societies & Projects Board, and the Physical Activity & Sport Board, playing a vital role in shaping policies and fostering collaboration.

Furthermore, I orchestrate and host 1000+ capacity events at both internal and external venues, creating memorable experiences and promoting a vibrant sports community.

I have other smaller experiences and positions( like committee positions, or jobs pre university working in administration) but not sure if they are even worth discussing

Extracurricular activities: I have been playing hockey at national level since I was 14 and I'm currently member of my university hockey team and also a local club team.

Any advice would be appreciated, I realise I don’t have a great profile so just want to see what my realistic options are and if it’s even worth applying.

Try to make that climb to a 2.1 as you have rightly pointed out. That will make your academics sharper. Other than that, try to score a 710+ on GMAT or 655+ on GMAT FE. This will put you in the upper quarter of applicants from your application pool.

You have sound ECs and specially a good national level athlete background can help you stand out.

Rest of it is just a matter of self reflection and presentation of your profile in a strong way.

Do reach out to us if you need professional help with your applications.

Best,
Divesh

WAPP:+912231989175

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 210 [1]
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Kudos
vchetty wrote:
Hello

This is my profile -
21-year old man from UK.

vchetty: The Imperial pedigree, Amazon internship and ECs provide good balanced angles to your profile.

With a good GPA (as per your plan) and GMAT, I would encourage you to apply. Aiming for 10-20 (GMAT) points higher than the average of the school would be ideal. You could check here for the GMAT averages, class profile and other key details of the top MiM programs globally.

It would also be important to have a strong narrative as to why MiM, what your post MiM goals are, and how the specific program will help you get there.

Regards,
Arvind
Founder, admitStreet
W: https://admitstreet.com | LinkedIn | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi there! I am 24 year old, I intend to apply for the LSE Global MiM (2-year CEMS program) - a GRE score of 330 (162V & 168Q), IELTS 8, and finished undergrad (B.A Hons. International Relations & Economics) in Aug'2020 with CGPA of 5.25 out of 8 from India. Career plan to switch PE/IB 

Started working for a major energy consulting firm in Aug'2021 as an analyst in the Oil & Gas division covering North Sea investments research - Now part of the Renewables division covering investments research globally. Before this have worked in the policy sector for 2 major international think tanks (Brookings, etc) and a Big4 as an Intern covering the energy sector. Volunteer work exp from undergrad in child rights and rural employment. Also, co-authored and published a research paper on hydrogen deployment and financing policy. 

Not sure what schools I should realistically target for September 2024 intake ??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi guys, I’m planning to apply for master's this year (2024 intake), target programs are the top MIMs and CEMS, LBS MIM, LSE MIM, HEC MIM St Gallen MIM, Bocconi and Esade CEMS

Age 23 Polish
Undergrad - Bachelor of Finance from a top university in my country, graduated in 2023. GPA 4.72/5.0
I also went to Frankfurt School for a semester-long student exchange

Scoring: Gmat Focus mocks in the range of 615 - 655 so I expect a similar real score, but they are not balanced (quant score is quite bad (79), DI (81) and verbal(85) very high)

WE: Had 3 internships one each summer during my Bachelor's with the most recent I Interned in M&A in Big4 during last semester of my bachelor’s and got promoted to full-time position after 8 months (my team is the best in the country as we do the most transactions in the country, no BBs presence only a few smaller IBs)

Extracurriculars: I have been selected and participated in a selective and prestigious program organized by one of the MBBs (including case competition and networking with the firm in a different country) Also have been selected and participated in a training program by Polish PEs society which was selective and quite prestigious. But the most important extra I think is that I co-founded and I am a board member of the 1st investment club run by students that invest real funds in the market, we also organize some events for students ex. with M&A professionals, the club is not associated with my uni.

My goal is to go for a MiM to change to consulting, MBB somewhere abroad or in my country and get an MBA few years after that in the US

I still have to pass IELTS for LSE, but my bachelor's was fully in English so I don't think there will be any problem with that.

I wonder what are my realistic chances for each of these programs? To which I can get into? LBS is my dream, but I think also the most competitive.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Studi wrote:
Hi guys, I’m planning to apply for master's this year (2024 intake), target programs are the top MIMs and CEMS, LBS MIM, LSE MIM, HEC MIM St Gallen MIM, Bocconi and Esade CEMS

Age 23 Polish
Undergrad - Bachelor of Finance from a top university in my country, graduated in 2023. GPA 4.72/5.0

Scoring: Gmat Focus mocks in the range of 615 - 655 so I expect a similar real score, but they are not balanced (quant score is quite bad (79), DI (81) and verbal(85) very high)

WE: Had 3 internships one each summer during my Bachelor's with the most recent I Interned in M&A in Big4 during last semester of my bachelor’s and got promoted to full-time position after 8 months (my team is the best in the country as we do the most transactions in the country, no BBs presence only a few smaller IBs)

Extracurriculars: I have been selected and participated in a selective and prestigious program organized by one of the MBBs (including case competition and networking with the firm in a different country) Also have been selected and participated in a training program by Polish PEs society which was selective and quite prestigious. But the most important extra I think is that I co-founded and I am a board member of the 1st investment club run by students that invest real funds in the market, we also organize some events for students ex. with M&A professionals, the club is not associated with my uni.

My goal is to go for a MiM to change to consulting, MBB somewhere abroad or in my country and get an MBA few years after that in the US

I still have to pass IELTS for LSE, but my bachelor's was fully in English so I don't think there will be any problem with that.

Overall profile looks solid. Get a 655+ score with balanced splits and with the help of a strong application and narrative, you could potentially crack some of these top MiMs you have listed.

If you need professional help with your applications, do reach out to us!

Best,
Divesh

Director
Director
Send PM
Studi

The undergrad/ GPA, big-4 experience and ECs are interesting. 

Given that you're not in the early rounds (for 2024 intake), the GMAT score would be an important factor. Most programs in your list have averages around 645-655 (equivalent): aiming for this score (or ideally 10-20 points higher) can help increase odds particularly for LBS, HEC etc.

If your Q score is non-stellar, aim to highlight your analytical skills in the application e.g. quant courses in undergrad, data/ Excel projects at internships, etc. This can help alleviate some concerns.

Feel free to reach out if you'd like to have a deeper chat. 

Regards,
Arvind
Founder, admitStreet
W: https://admitstreet.com | LinkedIn | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
Studi wrote:

Age 23 Polish

I wonder what are my realistic chances for each of these programs? To which I can get into? LBS is my dream, but I think also the most competitive.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
­Hello everybody, could you please evaluate my profile for the MiM Program (HEC, ESSEC, INSEAD, LBS and BOCCONI) and MiF program (ESSEC, St-Gallen, Dauphine)?

I am a 20-year-old man from France, but I have lived half of my life in the Netherlands, and still do atm.
I'm graduating this year from the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University with a Bachelor in International Business Administration, I currently have a GPA of 3.25 (7.33/10)
GMAT Focus score of 635 (85th percentile)
For my career project, I would like to work in Asset Management. I do not care where.
I did not do an internship, however, I have been working as a strategic consultant for 7 months for a healthcare company in the context of a project for my bachelor.
I recently completed a semester exchange at the Singapore Management University for the 2023 Fall term where I followed 3 finance classes and 1 economics class.
I also attended the European Innovation Academy in the summer of 2023, which is an accelerated start-up incubator.
I am in multiple finance associations at my university, and thanks to those I have some experience in trading and financial markets analysis.
In terms of hobbies, I played football for 14 years, and I am at 1500 ELO in chess.
I have 3 referees for my applications: one is my finance professor from the Singapore Management University, the second is my supervisor of the healthcare company I previously worked for, and the third is a co-founder of the European Innovation Academy. I also would like help in deciding which referee is best for the B-schools previously mentioned.

Im really curious to know if I have a good chance to get in any of those programs, thank you for your time
Manager
Manager
Send PM
DaPepito wrote:
­Hello everybody, could you please evaluate my profile for the MiM Program (HEC, ESSEC, INSEAD, LBS and BOCCONI) and MiF program (ESSEC, St-Gallen, Dauphine)?

I am a 20-year-old man from France, but I have lived half of my life in the Netherlands, and still do atm.
I'm graduating this year from the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University with a Bachelor in International Business Administration, I currently have a GPA of 3.25 (7.33/10)
GMAT Focus score of 635 (85th percentile)
For my career project, I would like to work in Asset Management. I do not care where.
I did not do an internship, however, I have been working as a strategic consultant for 7 months for a healthcare company in the context of a project for my bachelor.
I recently completed a semester exchange at the Singapore Management University for the 2023 Fall term where I followed 3 finance classes and 1 economics class.
I also attended the European Innovation Academy in the summer of 2023, which is an accelerated start-up incubator.
I am in multiple finance associations at my university, and thanks to those I have some experience in trading and financial markets analysis.
In terms of hobbies, I played football for 14 years, and I am at 1500 ELO in chess.
I have 3 referees for my applications: one is my finance professor from the Singapore Management University, the second is my supervisor of the healthcare company I previously worked for, and the third is a co-founder of the European Innovation Academy. I also would like help in deciding which referee is best for the B-schools previously mentioned.

Im really curious to know if I have a good chance to get in any of those programs, thank you for your time

Hi DaPepito,

I reviewed your profile and feel that with the right kind of story, self-awareness and maturity through your Essays and an overall well crafted narrative you do have a shot at being accepted in some(or all) of these programs.

In selecting your referees, do consider someone who can add diverse perspectives of your profile and provide relatable anecdotes from their past working relationship with you. Someone who knows you for too brief a period should be avoided.

I wish you the best! If you want professional help with your applications do feel free to reach out. We've helped many students get into top MiM and MiF like HEC Paris, INSEAD, LBS amongst many others.

Best,
Divesh

Founded by HEC Paris MBA Alumna, Top100MBA.Club is a boutique MBA admissions consulting firm working with the mission of helping B-School aspirants crack their dream schools at prices that don't make them feel like they're paying an arm and a leg to secure that admit!

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
­Hello everybody, could you please evaluate my profile for the best B-Schools in Europe (HEC, St Gallen, ESCP, Bocconi, LBS, LSE), MiM Program.
This is my profile:
20-year old man from Italy.
I'm in the second year of a Bachelor in Economics and Business in a non-target public school in Italy, with GPA of 3.9/4.
GMAT focus score 655 (Q88, V79, DI80).
I will do a 5-6 month erasmus starting from september in a non-target universty in Europe. 
I aim to do an internship this summer (2-3 months) and another one the next winter (4-6 months), when i will be back from Erasmus.
I have a leadership position in a student association (10+ member below me).
I have also played volleyball at a competitive level (B series).
I'm curious to know if I could have a good chance to get in any of the above-mentioned schools, thank you for your time!­ 
Manager
Manager
Send PM
giamma03 wrote:
­Hello everybody, could you please evaluate my profile for the best B-Schools in Europe (HEC, St Gallen, ESCP, Bocconi, LBS, LSE), MiM Program.
This is my profile:
I'm in the second year of a Bachelor in Economics and Business in a non-target public school in Italy, with GPA of 3.9/4.
I will do a 5-6 month erasmus starting from september in a non-target universty in Europe. 
I aim to do an internship this summer (2-3 months) and another one the next winter (4-6 months), when i will be back from Erasmus.
I'm curious to know if I could have a good chance to get in any of the above-mentioned schools, thank you for your time!­ 

Hi giamma03

Your academics shine through well with that 3.9 GPA. Also, your GMAT score of 655 is competitive for your demographic. Giving your overall academic profile a green flag.

Coming to your ECs your leadership experience in your student association as well as your demonstrated achievements in a sport give your ECs well balanced angles.

With that summer internship and winter internship it will become crucial to demonstrate a rationale towards your post-MIM goals as to why you chose to do those specific internships and what you learned from them.

Rest is ofcourse the written aspects of your application which will need to objectively demonstrate fit with the program, your specific post-MIM goals and how you aim to leverage the specific program to achieve your goals. Other aspects include demonstrating your leadership potential. For example, quoting specific anecdotes from your leadership experience in your student association would impress the admissions comittee.

In conclusion, I feel you have all the right ingredients to be able to gain admission to some of those programs with a strong and winning narrative.

If you need help with your applications do not hesitate to reach out to us. We've helped several clients gain admission to top MIM programs.

Best,
Divesh Chellani

Founded by HEC Paris MBA Alumna, Top100MBA.Club is a boutique admissions consulting firm working with the mission of helping B-School aspirants crack their dream schools at prices that don't make them feel like they're paying an arm and a leg to secure that admit!

MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello Ricardo00

I hope you are doing well. While your profile shows potential for top European MiM programs like HEC, St Gallen, and others, it can be further strengthened to stand out in the competitive pool.

Your strong quantitative GMAT score (Q88) and leadership experience are impressive, and the planned Erasmus experience adds valuable international exposure. However, areas for improvement include your GPA, non-target university background, and the GMAT verbal score.

To boost your application, focus on maintaining a high GPA, securing internships related to your career goals, and potentially retaking the GMAT to improve your verbal score. Additionally, highlight your achievements in your student association and tailor your essays to each program, showcasing your specific fit and aspirations.

Remember, a strong application goes beyond just numbers. Showcase your unique experiences, aspirations, and suitability for the program through your application package.

CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE A FREE PROFILE EVALUATION CALL WITH ALUMS AND CURRENT STUDENTS OF TOP B-SCHOOLS!

Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.

Email: hasan@mbaandbeyond.com
MBA and Beyond
Ricardo00 wrote:
This is my profile:

­­
Director
Director
Send PM
@Ricardo00 - some thoughts on your profile:

1. Your GPA and Erasmus exchange are good angles. GMAT score is alright; though Verbal split is (relatively) lower considering these programs are very competitive. You could tackle this angle in the optional essay, or consider retaking the GMAT. Another option is to additionally submit an IELTS/ TOEFL score, which can speak to your verbal abilities.

2. Which intake/ round are you planning to apply in? Depending on the timelines, pursuing internship(s) ideally in sectors/ functions related to your post-MiM target path can strengthen the profile.

3. It'd be crucial to present a holistic profile i.e. academic/ professional and personal (ExtraCurricular) angles, highlighting your motivation for an MiM, and how the program (and target school) would help achieve your career goals. 

Hope this helps a bit.

Feel free to reach out through the link(s) below if you'd like to have a deeper chat.
­
Regards,
Arvind
Founder, admitStreet | HEC Paris alum
W: https://admitstreet.com | LinkedIn | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­
Ricardo00 wrote:
This is my profile:

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I plan to apply to MiM programs at HEC, LBS, and Insead in R1 of next cycle.

This is my profile:
21 y/o law student (penultimate year) from Eastern Europe (law school is top 70 in the world according to THE)

GPA: upper second class (8.2/10, scale from 6 to 10, will rise to about 8.5 by the time I apply; upwards trajectory regarding grades each year)

GMAT: 665 (quant: 52 percentile, verbal: 99 percentile, DI: 96 percentile)

Diverse work experience: couple of internships in law firms that are renowned in my country, analyst in an international VC (currently; remote), associate in business angel community, shadowed CEO of F500 company, a bit of HR work (family business)

ECs: success at international competitions (debate, moot court), founded a club to promote political participation (although this was in HS, nonetheless, we organized high level events with the president, members of the EU parliament...), member of club that connects law and business, volunteering (work with refugees, volunteer firefighter), two legal articles published

Post Master goal: VC in France/UK, entrepreneurship (long term)

Also, I speak 4 languages (English, French (B2), my native language, and another Eastern European language)

I don't have much international experience (other than traveling across Europe, and being a second generation immigrant)

Is my quant score good enough (I messed up a couple of initial easy questions due to anxiety, but really don't have time/energy to retake)­
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38 
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts