GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 24 Apr 2018, 14:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MIT Sloan Waitlist: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
User avatar
D
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 5101
Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
MIT Sloan Waitlist: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 00:09
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jan 2018
Posts: 1
Location: United States
Schools: Sloan '20 (WL)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.71
Re: MIT Sloan Waitlist: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 11:04
When I submitted my waitlist acceptance to the reply form (via portal) I didn't receive any confirmation page or email. Did others experience the same thing? I'm not sure how to confirm that my place on the waitlist was accepted since there's no other indication on the portal.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jan 2016
Posts: 67
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)
Reviews Badge
Re: MIT Sloan Waitlist: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 11:18
klaukee wrote:
When I submitted my waitlist acceptance to the reply form (via portal) I didn't receive any confirmation page or email. Did others experience the same thing? I'm not sure how to confirm that my place on the waitlist was accepted since there's no other indication on the portal.


Same experience here. They confirmed in the WL chat that if you submitted the form, then they received it. No way of seeing through the portal as far as i am concerned.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Aug 2016
Posts: 12
Location: United States (AZ)
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.71
Re: MIT Sloan Waitlist: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2018, 16:44
Anyone see any movement on this? I assume there might be a few changes after R1 acceptances end.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jan 2016
Posts: 67
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)
Reviews Badge
Re: MIT Sloan Waitlist: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2018, 17:09
ddb123 wrote:
Anyone see any movement on this? I assume there might be a few changes after R1 acceptances end.


Nope. I think we have a ways to go. R1 enrollment deadline isn't until the end of February.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Apr 2017
Posts: 9
Re: MIT Sloan Waitlist: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 14:55
Did anyone get a confirmation from Admissions after submitting their update/personal statement? Like an e-mail of some sorts confirming they have updated your file?

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Apr 2017
Posts: 84
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Other
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.77
Re: MIT Sloan Waitlist: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 14:59
1
This post received
KUDOS
Yes, I’ve sent numerous updates and received a response every time.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Apr 2017
Posts: 84
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Other
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.77
Re: MIT Sloan Waitlist: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 15:08
On the topic, did anyone else on the waitlist receive a housing preference survey? They said it was strictly for research purposes, but I felt like the survey was a test disguised in a survey. It literally asked GMAT type questions.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Apr 2017
Posts: 9
Re: MIT Sloan Waitlist: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 15:11
HeadingEast wrote:
On the topic, did anyone else on the waitlist receive a housing preference survey? They said it was strictly for research purposes, but I felt like the survey was a test disguised in a survey. It literally asked GMAT type questions.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Yeah, I got that and was confused when I saw those questions. I think it's more for the marketing team to estimate how much people are paying attention to what they are filling out; the questions were too easy (in my mind) to be useful in quant skill evaluation.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Apr 2017
Posts: 84
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Other
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.77
Re: MIT Sloan Waitlist: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 15:20
Agree, only reason I ask is that the living arrangements were very unrealistic and some of the logic seemed inconsistent. Made me question the integrity of the questions. I suppose they really just wanted a clean look at ranking criteria against each other


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jan 2016
Posts: 67
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)
Reviews Badge
Re: MIT Sloan Waitlist: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 15:38
ventus wrote:
HeadingEast wrote:
On the topic, did anyone else on the waitlist receive a housing preference survey? They said it was strictly for research purposes, but I felt like the survey was a test disguised in a survey. It literally asked GMAT type questions.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Yeah, I got that and was confused when I saw those questions. I think it's more for the marketing team to estimate how much people are paying attention to what they are filling out; the questions were too easy (in my mind) to be useful in quant skill evaluation.


I didn't receive this survey.. When did y'all get this?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Apr 2017
Posts: 9
MIT Sloan Waitlist: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 17:10
jerfted wrote:
ventus wrote:
HeadingEast wrote:
On the topic, did anyone else on the waitlist receive a housing preference survey? They said it was strictly for research purposes, but I felt like the survey was a test disguised in a survey. It literally asked GMAT type questions.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Yeah, I got that and was confused when I saw those questions. I think it's more for the marketing team to estimate how much people are paying attention to what they are filling out; the questions were too easy (in my mind) to be useful in quant skill evaluation.


I didn't receive this survey.. When did y'all get this?


I think I got it because I checked some box in my GMAC profile. I did not even receive it through my application email address but through my GMAT one, so don't worry about not getting it! I am pretty sure it does not mean anything :-)
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Apr 2017
Posts: 84
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Other
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.77
Re: MIT Sloan Waitlist: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 17:12
ventus wrote:
jerfted wrote:
ventus wrote:
[quote="HeadingEast"]On the topic, did anyone else on the waitlist receive a housing preference survey? They said it was strictly for research purposes, but I felt like the survey was a test disguised in a survey. It literally asked GMAT type questions.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Yeah, I got that and was confused when I saw those questions. I think it's more for the marketing team to estimate how much people are paying attention to what they are filling out; the questions were too easy (in my mind) to be useful in quant skill evaluation.


I didn't receive this survey.. When did y'all get this?


I think I got it because I checked some box in my GMAC profile. I did not even receive it through my application email address but through my GMAT one, so don't worry about not getting it! I am pretty sure it does not mean anything :-)[/quote]

Agree - it’s nothing. MIT has “unique” timing


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 May 2017
Posts: 39
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: MIT Sloan Waitlist: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2018, 00:24
When is any movement in the waitlist expected to happen? Sometime in March?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Oct 2017
Posts: 7
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.1
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Re: MIT Sloan Waitlist: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2018, 09:00
atulsunilanand wrote:
When is any movement in the waitlist expected to happen? Sometime in March?


April 3rd. You may get some decision earlier but it won't be good news.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Apr 2017
Posts: 84
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Other
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.77
Re: MIT Sloan Waitlist: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2018, 08:16
MBAExplorer2020 wrote:
atulsunilanand wrote:
When is any movement in the waitlist expected to happen? Sometime in March?


April 3rd. You may get some decision earlier but it won't be good news.


No one has been taken off the waitlist have they?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jan 2016
Posts: 67
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)
Reviews Badge
Re: MIT Sloan Waitlist: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2018, 20:33
HeadingEast wrote:
MBAExplorer2020 wrote:
atulsunilanand wrote:
When is any movement in the waitlist expected to happen? Sometime in March?


April 3rd. You may get some decision earlier but it won't be good news.


No one has been taken off the waitlist have they?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Only some that applied for LGO. I haven't seen any from the FTMBA waitlist pool.
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4970
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: MIT Sloan Waitlist: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 06:08
How many updates have you guys sent? I have sent a career update in Jan and an additional letter of rec. Thinking about sending another one in March. I hear Sloan likes high-touch people. Am I off-base?
_________________

Have an MBA application Question? ASK ME ANYTHING!

My Stuff: Four Years to 760 | MBA Trends for Indian Applicants

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jan 2016
Posts: 67
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)
Reviews Badge
Re: MIT Sloan Waitlist: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2018, 14:38
souvik101990 wrote:
How many updates have you guys sent? I have sent a career update in Jan and an additional letter of rec. Thinking about sending another one in March. I hear Sloan likes high-touch people. Am I off-base?


I don't think it's easy to compare from one applicant to another. I'd say if you have a valuable update to give them, then don't hold back! However, I wouldn't send an update just for the sake of sending an update.
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4970
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: MIT Sloan Waitlist: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 04:21
I see what you mean, but the pressure is real. I learned that at any given point, Sloan keeps 100-150 people on the waitlist! WHAT!

Anybody trying to get a current student/alum write a letter of support? i don't feel comfortable doing this because I do not know many people there closely enough to warrant a meaningful letter of support.
_________________

Have an MBA application Question? ASK ME ANYTHING!

My Stuff: Four Years to 760 | MBA Trends for Indian Applicants

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Re: MIT Sloan Waitlist: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!   [#permalink] 16 Mar 2018, 04:21

Go to page    1   2   3    Next  [ 42 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

MIT Sloan Waitlist: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.