Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 18:24 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 590 Q39 V31
GMAT 2: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 3: 670 Q46 V37
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 431 [0]
Given Kudos: 131
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 590 Q39 V31
GMAT 2: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 3: 670 Q46 V37
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
farhanattheredpen wrote:
PelumiOgunlana wrote:
Targeting: LBS, Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial, Warwick, Cass, and FIU

Background and nationality: Male, 31 at matriculation African American in the US

Undergrad Information: 3.4 GPA, Magna Cum Laude major specific GPA, International Business at University of Missouri

GMAT: 660 (Q44, V38, IR 8) shooting for 700+ in two weeks

Work experience and leadership: Eight years at a big Canadian bank located in the US.
I have worked in AML (~1 year), distressed lending (2.5 years, AVP), and commercial banking (four years, Associate). Commercial banking role lends specifically to not for profit, government, higher education, and government entities. Went from AVP back down to analyst as the two groups, distressed lending and commercial banking, are on “different sides of the bank” so I had to start over at the analyst title.

Community and others:
Mentor in a program that helps underserved youth (2 years)
Young leaders board and volunteer at a food pantry (7 years)
Reading program for elementary students (1.5 years)

Post MBA goals: Pivot from commercial banking to corporate finance at an international corporation. Long term I would like to leverage my knowledge from working at a bigger, “first world” corporation to help “third world” corporations or even a subsidiary to compete in the global market place. During my study abroad (below) I was able to visit a few corporations and saw how they are treated as a commodity rather than a business partner.

Anything else:
CFA designation
Tied to my long term post MBA goals, I did a community development study abroad in the Dominican Republic. The experience consisted of working with a group of artists to help them work as a group, manage their finances, and present their art in an appealing manner.

I speak Spanish and I am at a beginner level in Portuguese.

College leadership:
Was a residential adviser (RA) for 2.5 years and was the treasurer of my building for two years.

MBAnBevaluations

Hi,

Your career trajectory needs a good explanation in your essays. Focus on clearly communicating what you contributed to different roles and why you made the shifts when you did. If it was external reasons ensure your strengths are highlighted on why you stuck with those shifts and what you learnt in these roles.

Regarding your long term goal, when did you visit Dominican republic? How this visit left a lasting impact should be highlighted? Looking at your current trajectory(playing the devil's advocate here), I think your goals are achievable without an MBA. Have you tried to move to corporate finance and identified a skill gap that prospective employers have highlighted?

Corporate finance is a highly sought after course at Said, the proximity to London brings the best from US, how would you differentiate yourself from them? I think there is something very solid and true in your long term goal. Make sure your essays bring that out.

Good luck with your application.

Oxford was one of the best experience of my life, hope you get to experience it too.

farhanattheredpen

Thank you for your quick response! In response to your devil's advocate comment, I have applied to a lot of corporate finance positions and always get the same reply "Great work experience, great profile, but you don't have the specific CF experience.' I am hoping to not only to grow my knowledge through the classroom work, but also to use the global consultancy projects and other international projects that many of the schools I am applying to have in order to build "direct work experience."

The Dominican Republic study abroad was in Fall 2012, during college. Although it was awhile ago I felt like mentioning the experience since that is what led me to my career aspirations. I have used my time since college to grow my competency in the finance world and I believe I am now ready to make the pivot.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
hassanT wrote:
Pakistani, male, 25 years.

GMAT - 600 (Q44, V28, IR 7)

Olevel - 7A*1A
Alevel - 4A*
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering - 3.50 CGPA - National University of Sciences and Technology. Graduated top 15% of the batch. This is the top ranked engineering school in Pakistan.
Active participation in student clubs and organizations, leading a couple of them and holding major positions in arranging key events.

Work Exp - 03 years (as of August 2020) in product management across 2 organizations and several product portfolios.
1st being Dawlance, a local leader in the consumer electronics industry. I was actively involved in several innovative products' launches and the introduction of an entire portfolio altogether. Collaborated with teams in Turkey, China and Pakistan.
The 2nd, and current, organization is samsung electronics. Currently working as a product manager for LED TVs for the country, having previously been the product manager of refrigerator and washing machine. Not a promotion per say, and more of a role change, but could be taken as one if one considers the appointment at the core division.

Social work:
Worked for StreetStore - a charity organization. Assisted them in fundraising and sat up a street store event where clothes were distributed among underprivileged families.

Worked as a writer for Humans of Pakistan for over an year - helping portray a positive image of the society.

Currently a Green Card holder for WWF - a donation membership that works towards improving atmosphere and the needy people associated with it. I'm part of the Air project, where projects are carried out to improve air quality.

Reasons for MBA - At my current career stage, and the path I've chosen, a management degree (read MBA) makes a lot of sense for further growth and career development, and learning - given that I come from a technical background. An MBA would add on to my current experience and better equip me to take on senior positions in strategy/consulting/management.

Post-MBA goals - Move into management consulting. Also open to staying in project management.

I understand that the GMAT score is extremely low, and to be honest I'd given up on applying for this year's admissions. But I used the profile evaluation tool here and it actually showed I had above average chances for Said (and Rotman, among others). I also found out that Said has been accepting as low as 580 and 510 in the previous years. Hence the silly evaluation post with this GMAT.

Appreciate your feedback on the profile and suggestions towards next steps.

Also, what would be alternate decent schools (UK/Canada)?

Posted from my mobile device

Hey hassanT,
You have a pretty great profile,

Academically, you have a good GPA that showcases your academic prowess, which coupled with the brand of your undergraduate college could pose as brownie points for your application.

While your grades and brand do play an important part, you would need to highlight your extracurricular activities and other endeavours because AdComs are looking for applicants with holistically developed profiles. Thus, it is essential to shed some light on the endeavors you’ve taken up at any clubs, associations, sports, fest, or events you managed or participated in during your undergrad. On this note, your achievements and leadership role in student clubs and organizations showcase your ability to take on initiatives and create impacts. Additionally, your volunteering role showcases your strong interest in benefiting the society, while your fundraising experience showcases your ability to spearhead initiatives in an effective manner. Since B-schools are looking for applicants that are future leaders, such experiences and qualities strengthen your application.

As far as your work experience goes, an MBA is a manager's degree and requires significant work experience of 4-5 years. Thus, to compensate for you falling short on work experience, you ought to explain and highlight the major projects of your work and how these experiences helped to develop and further groom your skills and knowledge. Highlight why you chose these firms, how you have gone beyond the role, any initiatives you took and any kind of impact created to establish a connection with your goals and portray the knowledge gained from these experiences. Properly highlighting this would allow you to stand par with candidates having more extensive work experience hailing from big 4 brands. That said, connecting your work experience and your decision to pursue a masters is very important.

Coming to your GMAT, while your score is slightly low, I would recommend that you retake the test to get a score of 650+, as this would widen your school option as well. Talking about the examples of low GMAT admits you have stated, they would have compensated for this with an extremely strong profile consisting of stellar grades, extensive work experience from the big 4 brands and lots of quantitative achievements. While you have a good profile, given your low work experience, I’d suggest a higher GMAT score to compensate for the same.

If retaking the exam is not an option, you could still target the MBA program at the non-GMAT schools in USA and Canada like:

Waterloo
UCL
Durham
Macquarie

All said and done, while you have a good profile, there will be thousands of applicants out there with similarly great profiles, which is why your application would play a huge role in enhancing your chances of getting accepted into your target schools. You would need to highlight your profile USP’s and how you can be a great addition to the school whilst posing the right examples to legitimize your claim. Additionally, you need to ensure that your LORs and Resume, equally depict the strengths of your profile since your application( SOP, ESSAY, LOR & RESUME ) will hold a 30% value in the selection procedure.

Further, if you need a more in-depth profile evaluation for a thorough understanding of your strengths and weaknesses, ways to build your profile further and a more comprehensive and personalized list of target schools you can you can follow the link below to Book a Free Consulting call to connect with one of our founders to gain in-depth knowledge of the application process and chalk out a winning strategy.

https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appointment-form/
Hope this helped!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.27
Send PM
Hi All, I would love an honest review of my profile to understand my chances for admission to the Oxford MBA. Any tips on how to strengthen my profile or what to focus on would be greatly appreciated, as Oxford is one of my top choice universities. Thank you very much in advance!

Nationality/Gender/Location: Canadian, Female, Canada

Under-Graduate School : McGill University (Canada), Major in Marketing, Minors in International Business and Global Strategy

Under-Graduate GPA: 3.3

GMAT/GRE Test scores: Not yet taken, but goal is 700. Based on mock exams this seems like a realistic score.

Total Work Experience : 4 years at time of program start (full time experience)

Current Industry : Aviation

Brief about Work Experience :
- 2.5 years: Loyalty Analyst for Canada's top airline. Was hired on a special project to launch their new loyalty program. Had a lot of exposure to different teams/aspects of the organization. Specific skills include work with our web designers and developers, writing marketing communications, helping design business rules/requirements for the program, business acceptance testing.
- 4 months (current role): recently promoted to Communications Manager, with a focus on COVID communications for our customer base.
--> Upon start of my degree I would have a total of 4 years of work experience within this company
--> I'm lucky to work with really wonderful people at my company and believe that I will be able to receive a strong reference letter from a supervisor

Volunteering/Extra-curriculars:
After University:
- Committee member for a business networking event designed for young professionals, all proceeds going to support a local children's hospital
- I'm extremely passionate about food and wine, and am currently pursuing a culinary arts certificate after work, won't have the certificate by time of application but will have it by the start of the MBA program
- I've also completed the WSET Level 1 certificate and am pursuing the level 2 certificate (will have by application time) (WSET is the Wine and Spirits Education Trust)
--> Not sure that is worth mentioning at all, but thought I'd add
During University:
- Associate Producer of an interview series for a professor at my university, my name is listed as "produced by" on Financial Post articles
- President of the Women in Business club at my university (I held executive positions on the club for 2 years and in my final year was President, for a total of 3 years)
- Executive position on a business club with focus on the entertainment industry at my university (1 year)
- Executive position on a business club with a focus on the fashion industry at my university (2 years)

International Experience:
During university:
- Summer Scholar at Shantou University in China (recipient of a $10,000 scholarship)
- Exchange Program to Nanyang Technical University in Singapore (recipient of a $1,500 mobility scholarship)
- Summer internship in South Africa working as a social impact consultant (recipient of two international business scholarships to pursue this internship, $4,000 and $6,000 respectively)

Short-Term Goal : I am very interested in gaining more international exposure and see pursuing an MBA as a great way to change geographic locations. I love the industry I am currently working in but would like to learn more from peers and business leaders about other opportunities and potential career paths.

Long-Term Goal : I would love to see greater representation of women in top positions in the business world. In an ideal world, I want to see 50/50 representation and to close the wage gap. My goal is to positively contribute to these changes, and to help support women reach their full potential.

Extra Info: Bilingual English/French
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Sorry for the long post! I am interested in knowing my eligibility. Targeting to join September 2022.
1. Background and nationality: 23 year Indian female
2. Pre-undergrad Information: Top 5% throughout school, 95% in 10th, 91.2% in 12th. Various accolades throughout school career (International and national abacus
champion, Diploma in Fine Arts, National Cadet Corps, etc.)
3. Undergrad Information: Majors in Economics from University of Mumbai- 9.13 GPA. Top 5% in the batch throughout college.
4. GMAT: Targeting 740 (680 in first official mock)
5. Work experience and leadership: - 2 years work experience (will have 3 by the time I join) in Ernst & Young LLP in government consulting.
- Received 4 awards in the short tenure of 2 years
- Worked back closely with diverse stakeholders like philanthropies (Gates Foundation), Central Ministry State Government, Local
Government, vulnerable groups like women Self Help Groups, sanitation workers, etc. Assisted in conducting various capacity building trainings and supported in livelihood intervention to these vulnerable groups
- Leading a team of 8 in Knowledge Management; supporting in capacity building of the entire team; independently published thought leaderships in the sector
- Worked extensively on Business Development and Strategy:
- Other experiences include vendor management of subcontractors worth 1 Crore, extensive stakeholder and project management
- Will be able to get good recommendations
6. Community and others: - Strong volunteering experience with Teach for India, and other educational NGOs, Social Media for change fellowship- worked back
closely on integrated rural development and solar project; crowd-sourcing of INR 50,000 after severe cyclone in home state through the NGO
- International and abacus Champion; Diploma in Fine Arts
- Other interests include mindfulness and yoga; swimming; scuba-diving; reading fantasy fiction
7. Post MBA goals: Consulting- ready to explore Strategy and Impact consulting. Want to ultimately settle in India (mostly)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hello

Grateful for your feedback on my profile.

Background and nationality: Corporate mergers & acquisitions lawyer from Singapore aged 35
Undergrad Information: LLB
GMAT: 660 (V 34 / Q 47)
Work experience and leadership: 9 years of work experience. Currently a corporate partner with a big 4 Singaporean law firm
Post MBA goals: Return to my law firm to continue advising on real estate deals
Current Student
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: ISB '23 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
WE:Other (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Background and nationality: Indian, Male

Undergrad Information:
B.Tech, Civil Engineering from old IITs, GPA: 7.1/10.
MSc (finance) from UK: Disitnction
CFA L2 cleared.

GMAT:730 (Q=50, V=38)

Work experience and leadership: 2.5 years work experience in bulge bracket IBs.( will be 3.5 years at time of matriculation). Working on quantitative finance side.

Community and others:

Volunteered for CSR activities, part of the Lawn tennis team in undergrad

Post MBA goals: work in consulting with focus on financial services.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
ksiolajidebt1993 wrote:
Background and nationality: Indian, Male

Undergrad Information:
B.Tech, Civil Engineering from old IITs, GPA: 7.1/10.
MSc (finance) from UK: Disitnction
CFA L2 cleared.

GMAT:730 (Q=50, V=38)

Work experience and leadership: 2.5 years work experience in bulge bracket IBs.( will be 3.5 years at time of matriculation). Working on quantitative finance side.

Community and others:

Volunteered for CSR activities, part of the Lawn tennis team in undergrad

Post MBA goals: work in consulting with focus on financial services.

Hi,

Your work experience will be on the lower side for an Oxford MBA. Ideally, you should wait another year. If you do plan to apply this year- you will need to present a strong profile:
1. your GMAT score is good
2. Career growth and work related achievements - have a strong resume that shows achievement and impact. Let your recommenders chip in with how you have overperformed your peers. If there is an expected promotion, your recommenders can attest to that
3. Career awareness- As Oxford asks a lot of questions about your post MBA career path- show that you are well researched, self-aware and know your options well.
4. Leadership outside work- you have not mentioned much about this, but it will help to show a few strong ECAs.
5. it will be importance to convince the adcom that you are ready for an MBA class with peers more experienced than you- and that you cant contribute to their learning just as you will learn from them.
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Lci,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your GMAT score is quite low as compared to the average required for oxford. I suggest you try to improve your GMAT score (700 at least) to maximize your chances. On the work front, you have a strong 9 years of experience, which should help you bring your leadership qualities to the table. As an older applicant, Executive MBA will help you advance within your company/industry. As you want to continue in your current sector, an Executive MBA may be beneficial.

Hope this helps!

If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and answer any of your concerns. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

How to work on international experience, resume and LOR

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

Lci wrote:
Hello

Grateful for your feedback on my profile.

Background and nationality: Corporate mergers & acquisitions lawyer from Singapore aged 35
Undergrad Information: LLB
GMAT: 660 (V 34 / Q 47)
Work experience and leadership: 9 years of work experience. Currently a corporate partner with a big 4 Singaporean law firm
Post MBA goals: Return to my law firm to continue advising on real estate deals
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hi I'm looking for a profile evaluation for the full-time MBA at Said starting next year (2022)
Below are details of my profile

Demographic
Indian | Male | Age 25

GMAT
710 (Q49 V39 | IR 6 | AWA 6)

Academics
Under-Graduation: 75.74% (First Division) | Bachelors in Commerce (Honours), Delhi University
12th Grade: 96.75% | Commerce Stream
10th Grade: 9.6 CGPA

Post MBA Goals
Short Term: Marketing & Communication Impact Consulting
Long Term: Set-up my own design and communication consulting organisation

Target Recruiters
IDEO, Dalberg, Bridgespan Group, Ogilvy, Dentsu, Unilever, Frog Design (other similar recruiters, open to your recommendations as well)

Work Experience
Function: Marketing
Tenure: 3.5 years
Industries: Hospitality, Consumer Products & Services, Social Impact
Specialisations: Advertising, Strategy | Additional Exposure: Business Development, General Management

Tenure Details:
July'21 | Tentative Engagement with Malaria No More, India (This is yet to be finalised, but in the pipeline; I'm in the last phase of recruitement and have received a somewhat positive response)
/ Digital Marketing and Communication on their Nation-wide Malaria prevention awareness, treatment, and management Social Behaviour Change Communciation Campaign

December'20-Present | Self-Employed
/ Co-founded social media and website based e-commerce fashion brand 'aurai by dt' (hair accessories) - engaged with an NGO building livelihood of impoverished women through skill building in stiching and tailoring
/ Freelance digital advertising, content strategy, and design solutions consultant to small scale consumer product & service brands

April'20-October'20 | Vihara Innovation Network
/ Marketing and Business Development Associate

June'19-March'20 | Vizara Technologies Pvt. Ltd
November'19-February'20 | Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi
/ Project Associate - International Heritage Symposium and Exhibition 2020

March'18-May'19 | Templatolio Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
/ Client Servicing Associate
/ Client Servicing Analyst

Co-curricular Development
Social Development:
June'20-Present | Rotary International
/ Member of Rotary Club of Delhi South Metropolitan. Taken active participation in monthly virtual meetings and assisted with operational and design solutions for those meetings

January'21-April'21 | Sofia Smart Centre
/ Engaged with this skill development NGO that enables impoverished women through skillbuilding to generate livelihood (for my hair accessories venture)

June'11 | Music Basti
/ Volunteered at the NGO focused on the holistic development of underprivileged children to bolster their personalities through the medium of music

Cultural Development:
September'14-May'17 | Music Society Member, Under-Graduation
/ Performed as member of the society at college annual fest

July'15 | Summer School, London School Of Economics (LSE)
/ Attended Summer School from London School of Economics (LSE) inManagerial Accounting and received 'A' Grade in the assessment examination

April'09-March'14 | Lead Guitarist-School Band, High-School
/ Participated in and won a few music competitions where I represented my school with my band
/ Performed on the opening day of the International PASH (Partners forthe future) German Leaders' youth camp; organised by the DPS Society in association with the Goethe Institute at Max Meuller Bhavan

February'09-January'12 | Rockschool Guitar Examinations
/ Cleared up till grade 4 guitar examinations with distinction; certified by Trinity School of Music, London

July'10-August'10 | Artek - The International Children's Festival, Ukraine
/ Represented India at this UN initiative, held in Ukraine. The festival encouraged cultural interaction and mutual dialogue betweenchildren from a vast variety of countries

Curricular Accomplishments
May'17 | Under-Graduation
/ Passed my undergraduate degree with First-Division

May'14 | Secondary Education
/ Ranked 10th in my high school, in a batch of approximately 1500 people, in the 12th grade CBSE Board Examination
/ Received a Gold Medal and Certificate of Merit for 7 consecutive years (2006–2014) of academic excellence - from my high school, D.P.S. R.K. Puram

Hobbies/Leisure
Watching sports-Cricket, F1, Tennis, Baseball / Electronic Music Production / YouTube Learning / Streaming Platforms / Traveling /Reading

Thanks for your help
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 2.96
Send PM
Hi Experts,

Could you please evaluate my profile for R1 / R2.

1. Demographics - 28, Indian, Female

2. Educational Qualification:
- Under-Graduation: BTech (Mechanical Engineering) from KIIT University, Bhubaneswar GPA: 7.39/10
- 12th CBSE 74%
- 10th CBSE 8.8/10 CGPA

3. GMAT: N/A (Yet to take GMAT by July-end, targeting 700 to 720)
- Suggest a safe score range, considering to manage getting scholarships.

4. Work Experience (Total 5 years) – India

- Techno-functional Consulting Experience (2.9 years) in a Partner company for SAP Ariba
o Vertical: Business Network Integrations for Buyers across the European Continent.
o Positions:
 Senior Consultant (Promotion within 21 months)
 Consultant
o Recognitions:
 Piloting the senior job—role prospects for my company with SAP Ariba, new spectrum of service-partnership. Only-one in company to have been selected for the feat.
 For Outstanding Performance by the Client company. Received Company and Client Appreciations for the several projects.
 Appointed as Subject Matter Expert for team of 12 members by Client.
 Worked and accomplished over 180 Integrations over a span of 20 months successfully.

- Techno-functional Consulting Experience (2 years) in a small company for SAP MM
o Vertical: SAP Material Management module
o Position: Associate Consultant

- International Exposure:
o Worked primarily and secondarily with all the European Clients. The crux of the situation is that Physical location was India but work-wise strictly International.
o The intra-company and intercompany cross-functional teams across my company, along with that of clients’ and the project-stakeholders’, were spread throughout the European continent.
o Clientele and projects spanned across United Kingdom, Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and France.

- Industrial Internship: Cummins India Limited, Pune
o Project: Shipment-Process Optimization under the Supply Chain Management stream.
o Designed like a mini-ERP for the firm. It was critically acclaimed by supervisors.
o Later, it qualified as a Six-Sigma project. Also, implemented real-time in the firm.

5. Extra-Curriculars:
- Academic:
o Participated in the SAE India BAJA’ 14 (ATV Manufacturing Contest)
 Provided assistance for powertrain transmission systems in BAJA SAE Team KIIT.
 Managed the Planning, DFMEA, Project-management, costing and marketing-aspect.
o Designed and created prototype of a Solar Car, in collaboration of team.
o Participated in various workshop like prototype-creation of RC Aircrafts.

- Non-Academic:
o Awarded the SPECIAL MENTIONS award at the OEC Model United Nations, 2014. Earlier, participated in the KIIT MUN 2014 as the delegate of Myanmar in the UNGA SPECPOL.
o Volunteered teaching Mathematics at the KISS (KIIT’s Initiative for the welfare and development of Tribal children)
o Coordinator at the Mechanical Annual Fest YANTRIKI, 2015. Earlier, entertained audience in YANTRIKI, 2013.
o Also, had the privilege to entertain the Governor of State with a performance.

6. Interests and Hobbies:
- Oil-Painting and sketching, Reading and currently, exploring writing-blogs and also an amateur bird-watcher.

7. Post MBA Goals:
- Primary - Want to transition from Technical-Consulting Role to the Management Consulting and Strategy roles.
- Intermediate and Long-term – Progress into core leadership roles. Eventually, into the senior leadership and pivotal roles.

8. Questions-
a. Is my profile good enough to be considered? Reasonable?
b. What are the other areas of improvement? What are the major weaknesses in the profile?
c. What should be my application essay strategy and who should be an ideal candidate for a LOR?

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Work experience - Will be completing 4 years work experience with McKinsey and Company as a data scientist.
Undergraduation - Completed my undergraduation from one of the top engineering colleges (Delhi Technological University) in India in Mathematics and Computing Engineering.
School - Got 10 CGPA in 10th and 97% in 12th boards CBSE
GMAT - Got 700 in GMAT (Q49, V36, IR4, AWA4).
Others - Have been involved in various social and co-curricular activities such as National level Horse riding, State level Air Rifle Shooting, Command level football, etc

Is aiming for Oxford ambitious, realistic or sureshot?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Demographic: 28, Scandinavian, Male
GMAT Score: est. 700

Education:
BSc in Maritime Administration (2018) 3.47/4.0
MSc in Finance and Accounting: (2020) 2.85/4.0

Work-Ex:
Currently working as senior consultant at Big 4 (2020 - Present: 1 year, will have 3 years of experience before joining Business School). Fast tracked, promotion from consultant to senior consultant in one year.

Worked part time at worlds largest transportation company, for two years (2017-2019)
Interned at worlds largest transportation company, PMO/M&A (For 8 months in 2017/18)
Worked part time at major Scandinavian bank (for 4 months 2016)
Worked part time as a bookkeeper at a small firm (for 8 months 2016)
I focused more at gaining work experience, than improving my GPA, since this was crucial in landing a fulltime job after graduation.

Extracurricular:
Current board member of Mensa (Country chapter)
Semester exchange to WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management, Germany (2019)
Semester exchange to Texas A&M, USA (2017)

Languages:
English (Fluent), Danish (Native)

Role after MBA:
Consulting / Business Development / Operations

Aiming for the following universities:
INSEAD
London Business School
HEC Paris
Judge Business School
Saïd Business School
Columbia (Maybe)
HBS (Maybe)
Wharton (Maybe)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi!

Can anyone please evaluate my profile for SAID?
--- Thanks in advance

Male Candidate, 23 yrs old
10th - 90%
12th - 73%

B.Tech in Electrical Engineering from Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (81%)

GMAT: yet to take (Target: 680+)

Work Experience: 2 yrs as a Contracts Engineer in Procurement & Contracts at Reliance Industries Ltd.

Currently handling various the execution of various Real Estate projects. Finalised contracts of more than ₹ 50 Cr. in last 1 year only. Target to complete and negotiate contracts of another ₹ 100 Cr. by December 2021. Knowledge of Supply Chain across the world and have been dealing with various international OEMs as well.

Key Profile highlights: Procurement, Supply Chain, Real estate Project Management, Negotiator

Post MBA goals: To work at a Business Consulting firm and eventually start my own Boutique Consulting company to manage various clients' projects and assistance. Also to have my own cafe and organise events.

Other: I'm a trained classical vocalist and guitarist. Love to post videos as a hobby.

Thanks.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Indian, Female

Work Ex: 4 years
Product Management, BFSI

Graduated from top Indian college and did a leadership course as well.

GMAT 680 (Q49 V34)

Top acads.

Thanks!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.92
Send PM